AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Fang huffed and snorted. "Oooh! Elk trail fresh too! Been a long time since elk came around these parts. Shall we hunt? Look for ones lagging behind the heard. Those are old or injured ones never hunt the good bucks. Not with elk anyway. Others it's quantity control with a bonus meal but with elk it's just a meal." He said, even his human hunting skills where wolf like. Fang lead them to the trail then fell behind to watch their six as Adonis took the lead. 

“I haven’t hunted elk in awhile so I’d be fine with that. I did when I was just starting to travel but as I got older I wasn’t keeping up with them as much and stopped hunting because by then, I was mainly sticking to the main road instead of the trails in the woods. Got it and understood,” she said in reply before following after them down the trail and then just following behind Adonis as he took the lead when Fang fell back to watch their backs.

Adonis nodded and slipped through the brush until he came upon droppings, he studied them then the tracks and smelled the ground where the tracks where. "Close, sweet grass in Glade ahead. You take this path, fang and I will flank. Scare them to going straight then we'll see the slow one." He wispers then with a flick of his fingers fang went one way and he went the other in a wide U on either side of the trail. 

Sabrina nodded and did as she was told, going the path he told and showed her to go before settling in a good spot for her to be in in order to start scaring the herd. She waited until the other two had time to get a bit comfy in their own positions before she started to make a lot of noise where she was. Some of the deer picked up their heads at the noise and scattered, some other ones following shortly afterward before she pinpointed the slow moving one. She settled again in a good position and got her bow and an arrow ready to shoot for when she was given a signal to do so.

The elk  started to scatter when two snarls made then run straight ahead, fang leeping out and  making them speed up. The slow ones where a few young ones and a old grey eighteen point buck who seemed to limp. An arrow shot from the side and hit it on the shoulder making him turn to run a different way so Sabrina had a clear shot to it's heart. 

Sabrina watched as an arrow hit a much older elk in the shoulder and made him turn to head in another direction which allowed her to aim for its heart. She got her bow in a good position, pulled back the string and then let the arrow fly straight into the elk’s heart.

The elk bellows then fell dead. Adonis ran up to the corpse. "Clean kill darling. " He lifted it over his shoulder and started to head back. "This'll set us up for a while."

“Thanks and it looks like it will,” she said in reply before heading back to the cabin with him. “What else do you have planned for us today?”

“Okay and sure I’d love to help. I can do that when we get home no problem,” she said in reply while letting out a small giggle shortly afterward.

He smiled and kissed her softly taking her hand as they walked back home. "Home. Sounds so much better then den.  I was thinking mashed potatoes for dinner with a bit of chicken. How's that sound?" He asked her heading to the smoke house. 

She kissed him back while also smiling a bit before he took one of her hands in one of his own and they started to head back to the house. “Doesn’t matter to me where we are. Home is wherever you are with me. Sounds perfect,” she said in reply to everything he said and asked as they headed to the smoke house they had.

He chuckled. "I was thinking the same thing. " He laid the corpse down and started butchering it, splitting off the skin, splitting the meat into  sections, cutting those to the bone and setting aside the bones to be cleaned up. The whole process took about an hour and a half with both of them working together. He washed up, then went inside starting the chicken and pealed potatoes as it cooked. 

“I’m glad,” she said in reply still with the smile on her face before they got to the smoke house. When he started to butcher the elk she headed to their house to change and then headed back to the smoke house afterward to help in order for the process to be a bit faster. After it was done she took a few pieces of the meat and put them in the cold cellar before going back into the house to see what needed to be done in order to help with their dinner. She’d get the rest of the elk meat later after dinner and get it all out in the cellar.

"Don't talked them all down dear, I'm going to smoke some and make some into jerky or burgers. The bones i can make into flutes. The elves love my bone flutes for it's all one piece and has a unique sound to it. " He said with a smile setting a pot of water and potatoes on the stove stoking the fire inside to boil the water faster. 

“I didn’t. I left some still in the smoke house. I was going to take the rest of them down to the cellar after dinner but I can wait to do that. All that sounds very good dear. Oh I didn’t know that. That’s very interesting,” she said in reply to everything he said before setting the table and getting their drinks.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis sat down and started eating. "They pay in Jewelery, rare woods and repair work too. So I usually can make a decent amount of money selling their jewelry and the woods like the staff you won really come in handy for work. The repair work I have them make tools. It carves through wood like butter and it helps with very fine details." He explained. 

Sabrina sat down as well after the dinner was done being made and started to eat while hearing his explanation. “Oh okay. That’s very good to know,” she said in reply after swallowing the bite of her chicken that she had been chewing and then went back to eating dinner afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

((mashed potatoes and chicken not burgers))

Adonis ate his mashed potatoes and chicken they made for dinner. "So you went to see my mom? Talk about anything with her or just girl stuff?" He asked.

((sorry. I forgot briefly what they were going to have for dinner. I think I was going to edit it later after looking it up))

“I just had a question regarding when I’d know if I was pregnant or not since I didn’t think it was in the book. I got a lot of good information so it was a good discussion,” Sabrina said in reply after swallowing a bite of her chicken before eating another one followed by some mashed potatoes.

Edited by SkySong278

He flushed and hit his chest as he started coughing. "What?! I ah... Um.... Are you?" He looked at her nervously smelling the air then relaxed. "No.. your not. I would like to be married a little longer then a couple of months before we have kids."

Her eyes widened a bit in concern when she heard him start coughing before hearing everything he said after he calmed down including the trailed off question. “I know. That’s why I said it was a question about when I’d know if I was that or not. I didn’t think something like that would be in the book so that’s why I asked your mom about it. She gave me a lot of good information,” she said in reply before finishing eating her food and then took a drink of her water afterward.

"I could have told you. Mum would always tell me what happened when she had us twins. Boiled cabbage made her so sick she fainted several times because the stench was so bad. She used to make it all the time and had no idea why da avoided the house the entire day and insisted they left the windows open and ate outside. She knew then why and never made it in house again. Always in a big pot outside the house." He laughed. 

“I didn’t know you knew about that kind of stuff. I always asked my mom about that stuff so that’s why I asked your mom. Oh that’s interesting. Smelling it growing up always made me hungry but I’ve never eaten it before. If I had been your dad I probably would have done the same thing,” she said with a small giggle. She then started to wonder what kind of food would make her sensitive when she would be pregnant but then just gave a mental shrug when she figured that she’d just figure it out when that time came.

Edited by SkySong278

"Well it's good to see you two are getting along. Well actually I've never seen you to at odds with each other. You're like the daughter she never got." He smiled and helped clean up. "Can you read to me tonight? I'm still struggling with that book I made it through a few more pages but I keep having to look up words or sound them out. " He blushed in embarrassment. "Um... Zach went back to college to finish his degree in medicine. "