Jump to content
TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Recommended Posts

Hype!!  So excited that old holidays are back again.  I just leveled up to silver so I'm ready to get hoarding.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dothefreddy said:

I'm thrilled. And I'm cool with the limits too. That means I can click with wild abandon and not worry about misclicks lol.

My sentiments exactly.    Well, if the limit was 4 it would still be ok, but I can live with this.

 

And I am beyond happy to see this is going to be a thing.  Thank you, thank you, TJ!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you so much for the holiday biome.  I have three missing CB holiday dragons.  2015 (which I have none at all due to being away when they were released and apparently rather stupidly forgetting to grab any last year), Holly (obviously) and Yulebuck (which were released just prior to my joining up so I missed them). 

 

Thank you so much for the chance to get those to complete my collections, and for keeping the CB limits so it won't be quite as impossible to grab those earlier ones as it might otherwise have been. 

Share this post


Link to post

I managed to catch my 2 Aegis when they were first released, but didn't have Internet for a bit to put them in Hatcheries so they died. -_- I am so happy I will be able to get them, along with the other ones that I am missing! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Wow I am missing more CBs than I thought. I need 2 Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, Ribbon Dancers, and 1 Winter Magi, Wrapping, Solstice, Mistletoe, and Aegis.

 

I guess I just never planned to have a chance to get more than 2, so I didn't make a fuss over getting them in early years. I hope I can catch them all, in case the holiday CBs aren't going to be repeated next year!

Share this post


Link to post

I need 18 CBs still. I'll only have 6 slots left for Bred Xmas eggs at the end of collecting all 18. Oh, joy!

Edited by PREDATOR

Share this post


Link to post

I love this! Thank you TJ! I am glad there is a limit still, so everyone has a chance to grab the Holiday dragons they missed! 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dothefreddy said:

I'm thrilled. And I'm cool with the limits too. That means I can click with wild abandon and not worry about misclicks lol.

 

I didn't even think about that! That's a great perk I never would've thought of, the ability to spazz-click trying to get one I need without worrying about accidentally getting a different one, since I'm already at those limits. That's really cool.

Share this post


Link to post

YESSS!!! HOLIDAY BIOME!!! 

This is gonna be a merry merry Christmas. Thanks a lot TJ  :D

Share this post


Link to post

I love that the limits will still be in place for the CB Holiday dragons--that'll give more people a chance to get that elusive Holly.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still disappointed that getting a Holly is the main reason people want limits. Hurts people from building lineages with every other breed. Too bad it couldn't just be Hollies that are limited.

Never mind the Holly's artwork is dated and needs some work, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I'm still disappointed that getting a Holly is the main reason people want limits. Hurts people from building lineages with every other breed. Too bad it couldn't just be Hollies that are limited.

Never mind the Holly's artwork is dated and needs some work, in my opinion.

I am excited for hollies because I have all the others.  Of course I wouldn't mind having 4 of them all.  But I have no trouble getting help with lineage building.   If you choose not to go that route, then yeah, it's a problem 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I'm still disappointed that getting a Holly is the main reason people want limits. Hurts people from building lineages with every other breed. Too bad it couldn't just be Hollies that are limited.

Never mind the Holly's artwork is dated and needs some work, in my opinion.

 

I agree. I suppose it makes it fair, but I'd really like to hoard CB Yules.

Share this post


Link to post

I like the limits (though I wouldn't mind a raise to 4) and it has nothing to do with Hollies. I simply think it's an interesting and different mechanic that makes CB Holidays very very special, and I like that. I also like the reasoning behind it, that the holiday is about giving and spreading the goodness around, instead of hoarding all you can get like Halloween is. Of course I'm not a lineage person so I don't have that sort of issue when it comes to limited CBs, but I see plenty of people trading in order to continue lineages so I know there are workarounds there.

Share this post


Link to post

I feel the 2 limit this year is a good idea because it is the first year we are getting this. Also some people need so many different CBs that if the limit was 4 or more they prolly would only be able to get the ones that will be less wanted and possibly block the Xmas biome. Let everyone have a chance to get 2 each this year and then up the limits or what ever next year. Some people that can only take 4 or 5 or 6 eggs still will not be able to get all their CBs this year, they would be the worst affected by higher or no limit. It is not just because I need Hollys that I feel this way. I will feel this way at Valentines too if we are getting a Valentines Biome, and I dont need any of my CB Valentines. But I would want to see others have a chance to get their CBs first, before I take more Vals'09 or HeartSeekers or Soulstones to keep for myself. Xmas and Valentines are not about being greeding....only Halloween is, in TJ's own words.

Edited by Zylara

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I like the limits (though I wouldn't mind a raise to 4) and it has nothing to do with Hollies. I simply think it's an interesting and different mechanic that makes CB Holidays very very special, and I like that. I also like the reasoning behind it, that the holiday is about giving and spreading the goodness around, instead of hoarding all you can get like Halloween is. Of course I'm not a lineage person so I don't have that sort of issue when it comes to limited CBs, but I see plenty of people trading in order to continue lineages so I know there are workarounds there.

I could maybe see the argument with Christmas, but Valentines is barely a holiday to me and I doubt it's any sort of extra busy time for people.
And eh, people have to be generous enough to give out candy for Halloween to happen.
I do see some of the argument for limits, but I've always been more in favor of a yearly limit than an overall limit. Yearly limit still keeps people from out-competing others with less time.

 

And as far as trading goes.. I'll let you know when I find someone willing to breed me a second gen Silver from Sweetling. I'm not entirely sure what something like that would go for, but he needs a mate. Sweetlings are my favorite and it's already painful to not be able to get the alts, but I can't even horde the CBs.

 

Edit- thanks to the nice people who have offered me a mate for the sweetling. He's been taken care of.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Share this post


Link to post

@Dragon_Arbock  I just tried to get a 2nd gen Silver for you, no egg from either Sweetling. I will keep trying till I get you one. You will owe me nothing in trade cause it is part of the fun of playing DC to bred and gift to others.

 

*hugs* Zylara

Share this post


Link to post

@Zylara Really? Thanks, that's nice of you. I can't try for one myself since that one is related to my only Sweetling already.

If you do want anything ever, have  a look at my scroll.

 

I also just realized I have her with no mate, But I can breed for one for her next year since I finally got a second male CB Silver, and do have two Solstices.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Share this post


Link to post

Oh wow, I have a chance to get CB Hollies!! That makes my day! And I'm sure I'll be the only person hunting them. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

And as far as trading goes.. I'll let you know when I find someone willing to breed me a second gen Silver from Sweetling. I'm not entirely sure what something like that would go for, but he needs a mate. Sweetlings are my favorite and it's already painful to not be able to get the alts, but I can't even horde the CBs.

 

I tried with my solitary CB female Silver (my other two CB Silvers are unfortunately both male) but "no interest".  Like Zylara, I wouldn't ask for anything in return, though you may be in for a long wait with my Silvers as they never seem to cooperate when I want them to. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, FullMoonDreams said:

 

I tried with my solitary CB female Silver (my other two CB Silvers are unfortunately both male) but "no interest".  Like Zylara, I wouldn't ask for anything in return, though you may be in for a long wait with my Silvers as they never seem to cooperate when I want them to. 

That's okay. mine never seem to do so either. Thanks for trying.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so happy there's going to be a special biome for Holiday dragons! I MAY have a chance of getting a CB Holly! Though everyone is gonna be searching for those lol I'll have to see if I can breed certain things for people who may want to trade... Very excited!!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so excited I'm vibrating. HOLLYS OMG HOLLYS. *getting ready to camp, LOL And another yulebuck, WOOOOOOOO I only got one the first time around and have been kicking myself ever since.

THANK YOU TJ!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.