TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

2 minutes ago, Rexsaurus said:

It refreshes for me on the minute after the hour eg. 2:01

My computer always runs faster than the cave by a minute, so mine hit at 2 minutes after, LOL but yeah, there is a lag.

1 minute ago, Alrexwolf said:

I believe this happens all the time, actually. Even normally.

The script is set to *run* at the hour, but however long it takes to finish depends on a lot of things. 

It's weird because for me it usually refreshes on the hour.

I traded 4 Shadow Walkers for a CB Black, when they were released because I was new and CB Black were rare back then. 

I can correct the biggest mistake of my DC life ;.;

1 minute ago, saltywench said:

My computer always runs faster than the cave by a minute, so mine hit at 2 minutes after, LOL but yeah, there is a lag.

My computers time is always opposite to DC eg. 2am DC time is 2pm my time.

It's only off by 5 seconds

2 minutes ago, Sugarkitty16 said:

I got a..... Texas treat? What does that have to do with Halloween?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre ?

I have no idea why I am just now realising there is no Vampire hatchie and that I selected the Black Marrow one since I thought it was the Vampire one. :huh:

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre ?

Not even. It's the state of Texas in an orange and white checker pattern. So confused.

I really hope we get special Christmas and Valentine biomes as well! Though I hope the limits remain for hunting ease. Catching CB Halloweens has been...an adventure. I'm missing most of the breeds. I would be so happy to finally have a pair of CB Sweetlings.

Still have a CB Caligene egg to give away to someone with none!

Edited by The Dragoness

I managed to snatch up a Grave and Witchlight Egg. :D Got to wait now until my other two eggs hatch so I can try again. I was surprised to see the Halloween event starting today. :o

1 minute ago, Sugarkitty16 said:

Not even. It's the state of Texas in an orange and white checker pattern. So confused.

I mean, tbh, what does mlp have to do with Halloween either.

Or most of our Easter treats :rolleyes:

Kinda weird to just have one state that's not related to a very common horror trope from there though... very weird.

The treats are mostly sprited by the in-cave artists and we're ... artists. Who knows what weird thoughts run through our heads.

Hence, Halloween treats that seem to have nothing to do with Halloween, or Festival eggs that have nothing to do with Easter or spring or ... well, anything you'd expect.

4 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I mean, tbh, what does mlp have to do with Halloween either.

Or most of our Easter treats :rolleyes:

Kinda weird to just have one state that's not related to a very common horror trope from there though... very weird.

*shrugs* to each his own I guess.

6 minutes ago, Sugarkitty16 said:

I was thinking it was a Whataburger reference  since Whataburger is from Texas.

I don't think I have seen most of these treats.  Other than the Texas one, they are ones I have not found yet. 

My favourite is the cat (?) with the purple ribbons.  Apologies to the spriter if it is not a cat - my screen is not great for the little pictures.  On mine it looks like a cute be-ribboned cat.  

You... you mean I can get some CB Witchlights even though I missed last year's Halloween? What incredible alternate timeline did I suddenly fall into???

To say nothing of realizing the dream of getting CB Pumpkins and Marrows, holy dragon-moley, it's practically Christmas except it's HALLOWEEN which is apparently even better!

Just now, AngryMothNoises said:

Do eggs drop every hour? Or? I am not sure, I thought I saw someone say every 5 mins.

Every hour and every 5 min (although I never see any at 5 min)

Just now, AngryMothNoises said:

Do eggs drop every hour? Or? I am not sure, I thought I saw someone say every 5 mins.

A large drop at the top of every hour, and a short drop every minutes.

1 minute ago, Rexsaurus said:

Every hour and every 5 min (although I never see any at 5 min)

Yeah I thought so, I just spammed F5 and got two. My first event on here so no idea what these eggs will hatch into.