TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Boy do these go fast in the new special Biome. I've been lucky enough to nab two Pumpkins and a ShadowWalker - I only had two each of those and need more. ALWAYS NEED MOOOOOORE!

I can't wait until I unlock and I can go hunting! My plan right now is to hunt CBs exclusively until the 29th, at which point I'll stop to prepare for the 31st. Then I'll fill up on as many 2017s as I can get ahold of like usual. After that batch is incuhatched, I'll raid the AP for bred eggs, and any incidental CBs I happen to land on, until it's empty for the year. In the end I decided that everything bred that I want can always be bred next year, whereas the Halloween biome isn't guaranteed to be a permanent feature (though I really hope it is). So it makes the most sense to binge on CBs, especially knowing the AP will be full of bred Halloweens for at least a couple days after the holiday. 

1 hour ago, Rexsaurus said:

There are names I swear I recognize in my trick-or-treat list.

The only one I know from the forum is Riverwillows.

My second trick-or-treater had me sooooo confused! XD The page said "Today's Costume" and it was a cavern lurker like mine, but with a hood where mine has no hood.

It took me till about an hour ago to realize Today is someone else's scroll name and that I wasn't looking at my own dragon with a glitch. :P

Words cannot describe how hyped I am for this event, thank you to everyone for making this possible! :D The Halloween biome is such an awesome idea, too bad I'm already scroll locked. lol

Okay, this means I'm not breeding my past hallows this year - just collecting my scroll goal list.

But... does that mean that vampires will come also? As they're 2008 halloweens?

Just now, Sharanay said:

Okay, this means I'm not breeding my past hallows this year - just collecting my scroll goal list.

But... does that mean that vampires will come also? As they're 2008 halloweens?

I haven't seen any yet... Maybe they won't come back since vampires can only be "made" by the bite BSA

All I want is a CB Marrow! It's the only Halloween dragon I've ever truly wanted a CB of. Unfortunately these babies fly by way too fast. :(

Yeah, no vampires are dropping. Someone would have seen one by now. The consensus is that they're not breedable and can be gotten year round. I would still have liked to get a genuine CB Vampire, but I get the logic. I'm just stoked to finally have another chance at CB Marrows, Pumpkins, et cetera. I blew it the first time - I won't this time.

The only CBs I need now are pumpkins, but I'll have to wait for my current batch to hatch before hunting again. I might get a few bred eggs after that for freezing but I will make sure I leave room for this year's Halloween babies. At least two or three spaces.

I'm aiming for one of every breed in the past and at least 4 of the new ones that will come out! Just need a Grave and a Black Marrow! 

5 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Yeah, no vampires are dropping. Someone would have seen one by now. The consensus is that they're not breedable and can be gotten year round. I would still have liked to get a genuine CB Vampire, but I get the logic. I'm just stoked to finally have another chance at CB Marrows, Pumpkins, et cetera. I blew it the first time - I won't this time.

I can kind of understand that reasoning, but since they were originally Halloween Dragons - the first Halloween Dragons - and were only available in 2008 in cave and have never been dropped in the cave again, I think they should have been included in this event. I joined just a few days after Halloween 2008, so I missed them and was so hoping to get some when I saw TJ's post. I really hope it was an oversight and we will be able to catch them. It just doesn't seem fair that the other Halloweens will be available but the Vampire will never drop again. Doesn't seem right.

Oh my gosh i just checked and noticed about the new Halloween biome! It's awesome! Hope we'll get this on other holidays too. So glad I'll be able to grab finally some cb shadow walkers!!

I've seen a couple questions about the trick or treat with a hatchling event, and I wanted to share some observations:

Spoiler

1) Question: If there is a costume change on a previously viewed hatchling, do you see it? Answer: Yes. One of the first I saw had no costume at all, but several hours latter, a body and wing costume pieces were added.

2) If you click on the hatchling previously viewed on your "get candy" page, you will see the scroll name of the person whose hatchling you viewed.

I'm so excited for this event!!!

Can someone tell me what the new badge is supposed to be? My eyesight sucks,heh.

Given that before now we didn't think any past Halloween dragons would ever drop again, missing one for which a CB can be obtained any time of year and which cannot breed anyway seems a small sacrifice. Yeah, an unbitten vampire would be nice, but I'm much more concerned with getting creatures I actually missed.

Assuming gendering works, I've at least got the ones I completely missed filled in, and most of those I had less that 2 pairs of. Need a couple more of those, then will be ready for bred eggs and the new breed this year!

1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

Can someone tell me what the new badge is supposed to be? My eyesight sucks,heh.

It's a pile of costume pieces.

As for vamps, I don't have official word but I don't believe vamps are counted as a Halloween dragon despite the fact that they were originally released on Halloween. You'll notice there's no Vampire hatchling in the event. I think the first true Halloween dragon released as a holiday dragon was Pumpkins.

Edited by Fiona

3 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

To me it looks like some sort of sheep with a black head and white wool body, a parrot on its head, a floating piece of parchment, and then Christmas candy being thrown at it or something.

And I thought the 2014 V-Day badge was hard to figure out. Lol.

Huh, weird - I just picked up a particular treat a few minutes ago, but when I refreshed another page it showed up again.

Yeah, it's definitely among the ranks on the page. (I had the tab open :P)

I refreshed again and it's gone.

(coincidentally, the buggy treat was a bug. XD)

1 hour ago, xDragonia said:

At the beginning of the event (when having clicked on "Enter event" before clicking "Start" on that page), you should have been asked to choose a hatchling. To my understanding, there is no way to dress more than one, and no way to change the dragon afterwards. I hope I haven't misunderstood your question!

thank you for info ^^

I love this collecting treats thing. I only have 11 so far, but I hope to get them all.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

To me it looks like some sort of sheep with a black head and white wool body, a parrot on its head, a floating piece of parchment, and then Christmas candy being thrown at it or something.

And I thought the 2014 V-Day badge was hard to figure out. Lol.

That's exactly what I saw, heh.

Fiona - Thank you for the correct answer.

Does anyone know what the current count for treats is? I have 47 at the moment and haven't seen one for awhile.

@ below: Thanks for the reply! Maybe I'm being impatient then. ouo

Edited by Varekis

YAY! I just caught a Z-code Cavern Lurker!

Is there a thread for CB Halloween swaps? There should be a thread for that.

Edit - I think there are 50 treats, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Zeditha

This whole CBs-dropping-in-biome thing is still freaking me out, lol. I just got my 2nd CB Pumpkin egg, and I am over the flipping moon! I stupidly froze the only CB Pumpkin I got when they originally dropped, so these will be my very first CB Pumpkin adults!

Oh WOW! I wasn't expecting dragons from past Halloweens to become available! Thank you so much!