TJ09

2017-06-25 - June Dragon Release

The Dusk Pygmie looks pretty nice aswell. Still not sure why Rocks+Fire=Dusk tho.

Both are really social and presumably one's nocturnal and the other diurnal, so you get a twilight active social baby :3

Now, what REALLY bothers me is how the lumina's breeding relationship with Cirion was never explained... lD;;

Anyway--I really like these pygmies! Very shiny and cute little wannabe vampire bats. biggrin.gif I think the theme of this release was "crepuscular shiny," haha. A good theme!

The pygmies are utterly adorable and the shading on the Setsongs and Risensongs is beautiful! Lovely release - will definitely hoard!

this hybrids are amazing, only the tail looks a bit off to me (too thin in the end) but the colors and poses are amazing!

Why does TJ have four Dusk Pygmies if the sprites are the same? Doesn't he only do that if he they have dimorphism?

The new hybrids are wonderful, love the shading on the Songs, especially love the colours on the Dusk pygmies! They are so adorable wub.gif

Curios to finally see the female pygmy!

@Millenium07: The females are still growing, so they'll probably be dimorphic.

Edited by Chococat0815

The Dusk pygmies are really pretty wub.gif I love the colours and the pose. But are there meant to be two lates in the lastssentence of the description? xd.png

The other two, though.... Pretty, but not my cup of tea, sadly. They feel a bit...one-dimensional with regards to colours, I was expecting something a bit more...varied, considering some of the colours you can see in a dawn or dusk sky.

Still, really good job, spriters and staff! smile.gif

Why does TJ have four Dusk Pygmies if the sprites are the same? Doesn't he only do that if he they have dimorphism?

The only times I've seen four eggs in the release post has been when the breed has dimorphism, but I might be wrong. Also, I checked the gender of the eggs, and only the males have grown up so far.

The other two, though.... Pretty, but not my cup of tea, sadly. They feel a bit...one-dimensional with regards to colours, I was expecting something a bit more...varied, considering some of the colours you can see in a dawn or dusk sky.

I wasn't expecting anything other than the colors of the parent breeds, which is rather limiting, but I WAS hoping for more extreme hue shifts within them, ala sunsongs. As you say, they do feel rather plain "red" / "pink," which is a shame considering both parent breeds feel very two-colored (peach / purple, blue / red, yellow / violet). Lovely sprites, just not what I was hoping for color-wise, which is admittedly a fear I've had since they hatched :c ah, well.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Ohh..oh MY!! Very nice adults all around!! Nice additions to our Scrolls! Thanks so very much to all involved. They're very yummsome!

Yay for new hybrids. I too, however, find the colors a bit underwhelming. I love sunsongs and was expecting something brighter. Ah well. Still cool additions to the site. The pygmies are cute.

Edit: oh the female grew up. I think she's my very favorite Pygmy sprite now.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

The colours are beautiful, the sprites are all lovely and extremely well produced - kudos to the spriters.

The only slight negative I have is that I really don't 'see' the Sunsong parent in the dragons. That said, they really are very colourful and pretty. I look forward to breeding more of these lovelies.

I would also add my voice to those who have said it's a pity they are bred dragons as they could produce some really gorgeous lineages. But we have them as new dragons; that's the important thing smile.gif

Thank you, TJ & spriters for the lovely, pretty new additions to our scrolls.

Can somebody explain to me how to breed those to get the new eggs? Which dragons to use? Thanks if somebody can help me out. Send me a comment here or Message me. wink.gif

I would love to make a checker with the Risensongs and Arias if they weren't hybrids. That's the only thing I don't like about them - limited lineage creation opportunities. Hybrids always seem to be some of the prettiest dragons in my eyes, we have Storm riders, the Avatars and Hellhorses..I could go on! I wish all of our CB releases were this beautiful. Don't get me wrong, 90% of the time new CB dragons are very cool-looking, but for the most part hybrids just look especially stunning.

BEAUTIFUL.

Though has anyone given the reasoning for the Dusk Pygmies being hybrids? I don't really see any features of the Nilia or Crimson in them, appearance or description-wise.

Can somebody explain to me how to breed those to get the new eggs? Which dragons to use? Thanks if somebody can help me out. Send me a comment here or Message me.  wink.gif

Nilia x Crimson Flare for the pygmies

Sunsong x Sunrise or Sunset for the normal dragons smile.gif

I would love to make a checker with the Risensongs and Arias if they weren't hybrids. That's the only thing I don't like about them - limited lineage creation opportunities.

I hear you on this. These guys, soulpeaces, male blunas, shallow waters, Avatars (not hybrids technically, buttt...). It's not a complete work around, but I've seen some mock checkers where the non-hybrid simply uses one of the hybrid's parents that look really good. So in your case you could breed Arias from either Sunsongs or Sunrises, then keep that pattern going in the CB line while making the meat of the lineage a risensong x aria checker. This geode is a lovely example, even if most lines would only share two parent sprites rather than three: https://dragcave.net/lineage/jH32h

Though has anyone given the reasoning for the Dusk Pygmies being hybrids? I don't really see any features of the Nilia or Crimson in them, appearance or description-wise.

Blue + red = purple, they have the crimson's wing color and basically the nilia's body shape, both parent breeds are extremely social and friendly. Don't remember offhand, but I'm guessing one parent is diurnal and the other nocturnal, so you get a crepuscular dragon in result. smile.gif

Edit: nilias are diurnal, ala spriter info. Can't find anything on crimsons, though...

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Personally, I really like the Setsongs and Risensongs. They're really obvious hybrids to me. They have the base colors of the Sunrise and Sunset, but the belly color and main color are inverted, and they have their forehead horn nub and belly scutes. Then they have the Sunsong's hue shifting, it's just subtler and the shadows are less saturated because hey guess what that's how shadows work. Then the wings being a solid color with the feather scale stuff is literally Sunsong wings, and they have their face side horns and tail spinies. And of course, mixing 4 legs with wings and no legs with wings gets you... 2 legs with wings!

It makes sense to me that they're not AS shiny as the Sunsongs, since that's only one parent, the color gradient is smaller, and Sunrise/Sunset dragons aren't that shiny.

The Dusk Pygmies are also pretty- usually when you see purple and gold designs, it's a darker, richer purple, so the use of lavender is refreshing and, I think, quite pretty.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I'm a little disappointed by the rather silly names, "Setsong" and "Risensong". And the colors seem a little flat, like others I was hoping for the shininess of the Sunsongs to come out a bit more. But I like the different textures and the poses.

The Dusk Pygmies, on the other hand, are *gorgeous*. I love the coloring, love the poses, and *love* the wings.

The only slight negative I have is that I really don't 'see' the Sunsong parent in the dragons. That said, they really are very colourful and pretty. I look forward to breeding more of these lovelies.

Since there's commentary on the colours and design stuff of the Set/Risensongs, here is my checklist I have of aspects from both dragons that I integrated into the hybrids when I was planning them out:

Sunset/rise:

>Set/Risensongs have the colours of the Sunset/rise, just inverted placement (so how the Sunrise has a peachy body and pinkish wings, I inverted that-- same with the Sunset/Setsong)

>forehead horn nub since the female Sunset/rises have forehead horns

>belly scutes like on female Sunset/rises

>wing wrist spike (grey)

>elbow spike (grey)

Sunsong:

>the hue shifting in the palette, though a little more toned down since the Sunrises/sets are not as shiny

>the wings and wing feathers, and how the wings are the same tone as the bodies without differentiated membrane colour

>tail spines from the midway point of the tail down to the tip, just less jagged

>wing elbow strut

Mixed from both parents:

>horn placement like the Sunsong but hybridized with the grey horn colour of the Sunset/rises, and an extra horn in the same place as the female Sunset/rises (mainly from the Sunrises)

>a 'midway point' between the number of wing fingers between the parent breeds, since the Sunset/rise only have one wing finger, and the Sunsongs have a bunch more

>midway point between having no legs and four legs = 2 legs

So I did pull a lot from both parents, in fact almost every aspect aside from the body plating and nose/behind-the-wing spikes are pulled from both parents or mixed from both parents. :o"

---

Aside from that though, I love the Dusk Pygmies, cort. <3 they're very cute. If only I had more pygmies to breed some... guess I'll have to go searching for the parents sometime :P

Since there's commentary on the colours and design stuff of the Set/Risensongs, here is my checklist I have of aspects from both dragons that I integrated into the hybrids when I was planning them out:

Sunset/rise:

>Set/Risensongs have the colours of the Sunset/rise, just inverted placement (so how the Sunrise has a peachy body and pinkish wings, I inverted that-- same with the Sunset/Setsong)

>forehead horn nub since the female Sunset/rises have forehead horns

>belly scutes like on female Sunset/rises

>wing wrist spike (grey)

>elbow spike (grey)

Sunsong:

>the hue shifting in the palette, though a little more toned down since the Sunrises/sets are not as shiny

>the wings and wing feathers, and how the wings are the same tone as the bodies without differentiated membrane colour

>tail spines from the midway point of the tail down to the tip, just less jagged

>wing elbow strut

Mixed from both parents:

>horn placement like the Sunsong but hybridized with the grey horn colour of the Sunset/rises, and an extra horn in the same place as the female Sunset/rises (mainly from the Sunrises)

>a 'midway point' between the number of wing fingers between the parent breeds, since the Sunset/rise only have one wing finger, and the Sunsongs have a bunch more

>midway point between having no legs and four legs = 2 legs

So I did pull a lot from both parents, in fact almost every aspect aside from the body plating and nose/behind-the-wing spikes are pulled from both parents or mixed from both parents. ohmy.gif"

---

Aside from that though, I love the Dusk Pygmies, cort. <3 they're very cute. If only I had more pygmies to breed some... guess I'll have to go searching for the parents sometime tongue.gif

I didn't have any problem picking out the parent traits from the Setsong and Risensong lindwyrms. I personally like the dragons that were released. You and Corteo did a good job on them.