TJ09

2017-06-25 - June Dragon Release

...is it bad that I'm tempted to EQ just to be one of the first people with hatchies?

(If I had bred it myself I'd do it.)

Never noticed that both my nilia AND my crimson flares are all male. sad.gif

It's a glitch, sometimes hatching sequences get bugged.

That's a relief. It looks kinda funny, like it tried to hide itself before I fogged it.

Edited by scratcher_cat

Wow my pairs all refused, what luck. And my inability to get sunrise dragons over the years is starting to cost me.

Gotta say that I'm super excited about pygmy hybrids. I've been telling my husband for a while that we need more pygmy/drake/two-headed love, especially during the holidays. We already have a Pumpkin. Why not a two-headed Halloween? Or a drake Valentine? (I mean, I'd like if all holidays had all types of dragons, but that all takes time.)

Just catching up... which breeds do I have to use for these new beauties? Thanks TJ and spriters!

I'd really like a two-headed Halloween dragon. Feels appropriate for the holiday.

Just catching up... which breeds do I have to use for these new beauties? Thanks TJ and spriters!

Sunrise/Sunset X Sunsongs and Crimson Flare x Nilla Pygmy.

Edited by Andygal

Thank you! biggrin.gif Relatively easy cross breeding this time round!

We haven't had new hybrids in ages, so I'm excited for these guys! Sunsong x Sunrise/Sunset sounds like it will be especially beautiful. Can't wait to see adults!

...we need more pygmy/drake/two-headed love, especially during the holidays. We already have a Pumpkin. Why not a two-headed Halloween? Or a drake Valentine? (I mean, I'd like if all holidays had all types of dragons, but that all takes time.)

I'd really like a two-headed Halloween dragon. Feels appropriate for the holiday.

Oooh! Yes, Please!

Edited by lilbird

Did we ever figure out if the cracking sequence for the Pygmy eggs is wonky or intentional? My eggs starting to hatch has reminded me of how... off it looks. To me it just looks like the cracks are trying to escape the egg and start hatching empty space.

Did we ever figure out if the cracking sequence for the Pygmy eggs is wonky or intentional? My eggs starting to hatch has reminded me of how... off it looks. To me it just looks like the cracks are trying to escape the egg and start hatching empty space.

It's glitched; happened before. It's not set to be the pygmy sequence - it just defaulted to normal egg size, so looks wonky. AFAIK, TJ's working on updating that, and it should be fixed soon.

Ah, I was really excited for the pygmy dragons... I love pygmys. But seeing another dimorphism that's simply just a flipped sprite has kind of lost me. Not really as excited anymore, idk. I'm not really a fan of either parent, so meh. They are purple, though... so we'll see.

But the other two I'm psyched for. I wasn't too sure at the beginning but they look like they're getting a subtle little texture and people have insinuated the names fit where "Setting/Rising" sun could be... those are epic names and I'm on the edge of my seat waitin' for those little ones!

Ah, I was really excited for the pygmy dragons... I love pygmys. But seeing another dimorphism that's simply just a flipped sprite has kind of lost me. Not really as excited anymore, idk. I'm not really a fan of either parent, so meh. They are purple, though... so we'll see.

Just 'cause the hatchies are flipped doesn't mean the adults will be the same pose flipped. =o

(I mean, they might be flipped adults. But I'm just sayin'.)

Huh, a release. But a hybrid release??? What a surprise! Hybrid Pygmy hype! Thanks TJ!

I love the magelites in your sig. They're my fav pygmies so far, new hybies not included. I'm excited for them.

Just 'cause the hatchies are flipped doesn't mean the adults will be the same pose flipped. =o

(I mean, they might be flipped adults. But I'm just sayin'.)

I didn't mean that. I just meant I was looking forward to actual separate sprites and another flip was really disappointing. I didn't really mind it on the sinii krai because no other dragon is like that... but honestly I'd rather just have one sprite than the exact same but flipped.

I have no idea what the adults will be like, though.

I didn't mean that. I just meant I was looking forward to actual separate sprites and another flip was really disappointing. I didn't really mind it on the sinii krai because no other dragon is like that... but honestly I'd rather just have one sprite than the exact same but flipped.

I have no idea what the adults will be like, though.

I've been wanting to say the same thing actually :/ I'd prefer no hatchling dimorphism over flipped sprite dimorphism.

I'm sure the spriters went all out on the adults tho.

I've been wanting to say the same thing actually :/ I'd prefer no hatchling dimorphism over flipped sprite dimorphism.

I'm sure the spriters went all out on the adults tho.

Same, I collect all frozen S2 sprites and now double the work for nothing. Why ;A;

Like you say I'm sure the adults will have real dimorphism and be awesome but... why you naughty hatchies, why >:c turn around, one of you! *pokes with stick*

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

It's so cool to have new hybrids, I'm especially looking forward to seeing how the pygmy is going to look! It seems that I only have a CB Crimson Flare and not any CB Nilias, so I'll just look for pygmies now. happy.gif

Oh my God, have Sunsongs always been this hard to catch? I haven't even seen one in days. laugh.gif

Getting close to hatching my eggies.....

Yay! Hatchies!!!

Thank you for this month's ease of obtaining them... Glad that I've got enough of the pairs that I need as well as the pinks and reds for gendering and influencing them all...

Thanks TJ and Spriters...

I actually like differentiating between hatchies. Flipped ones work just fine. laugh.gif

Anyway, overall I'm extremely excited. Sunsongs and Royal Crimsons are two of my favorite breeds. The concept seems really cool (I think fuzzbucket hit it on the head when they said Setting Sun/Rising Sun) and the pygmys are fantastic looking so far as well.

Edited by Painter

I have tiny little hatchies from my first 3 eggs -- one of each. biggrin.gif They are so cute!

I imagine all of the parent breeds are going to be a little hard to find for awhile. I am seeing a lot of people posting that they don't have what they need to breed these. Thank goodness my scroll goals include 4 CB pairs of all breeds.