TJ09

2017-06-25 - June Dragon Release

Setsong and male Dusk Pygmy are my favs 💙 smile.gif

A bit sad there is no dimorphism in set/risensongs... Both sprites look like 1 dragon set not 2 :/

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Personally, I really like the Setsongs and Risensongs. They're really obvious hybrids to me.

^This. biggrin.gif I understand why some people would have liked them shinier, but I like that they're less shiny than the Sunsongs since the other parent is not shiny. I even like the pink ones and I usually don't like pink dragons!

I really like the pose of the female pygmy. Love seeing a pygmy with a lot of detail (relatively, it must be especially difficult with that small a size).

Thanks, birdzgoboom and Corteo!

I hear you on this. These guys, soulpeaces, male blunas, shallow waters, Avatars (not hybrids technically, buttt...). It's not a complete work around, but I've seen some mock checkers where the non-hybrid simply uses one of the hybrid's parents that look really good. So in your case you could breed Arias from either Sunsongs or Sunrises, then keep that pattern going in the CB line while making the meat of the lineage a risensong x aria checker. This geode is a lovely example, even if most lines would only share two parent sprites rather than three: https://dragcave.net/lineage/jH32h

I see what you mean ADP, that Geode/Stone/Frostbite lineage is divine! Being very new to lineages (read: have lots of breeding projects I've never started), I hadn't thought of ways hybrids could fit into lineages without looking asymmetrical or unappealing. Using similar colors might make such lineages even more visually appealing for me. I will at least give a try to creating a Sunsong/Aria/Risensong checker in this style, so thanks for the idea tongue.gif

I see what you mean ADP, that Geode/Stone/Frostbite lineage is divine! Being very new to lineages (read: have lots of breeding projects I've never started), I hadn't thought of ways hybrids could fit into lineages without looking asymmetrical or unappealing. Using similar colors might make such lineages even more visually appealing for me. I will at least give a try to creating a Sunsong/Aria/Risensong checker in this style, so thanks for the idea tongue.gif

I bet that'll turn out awesome! biggrin.gif

Wow! These are gorgeous! I'm delightfully surprised by how much I like the pink Risensongs, I usually don't care for pink. Looking forward to getting some more! Thanks spriters!

The pygmies are soooo cute! And I really like the Setsongs and Risensongs, especially the feather detail on the base of their wings looks absolutely stunning. They're also a really nice mix of the parent breeds: the structure of their body is a mix of Amphi and a Western, and the color scheme comes from the Sunrises/Sunsets, but the tone of things and the ombre-effect comes from Sunsongs. Simply devine!

I'd also love to try out the lineage idea that was discussed here, including Arias! Thanks for the inspiration.

Wowww, the Risen/Setsongs are so beautiful. ;o; So glad this hybrid happened, I adore both parent breeds and the offspring are amazing. I love their half-feathered wings. The shiny wings of the Dusk pygmy are lovely too... Normally I don't care a lot for hybrids, but great release!!

I understand why some people would have liked them shinier, but I like that they're less shiny than the Sunsongs since the other parent is not shiny. I even like the pink ones and I usually don't like pink dragons!

That's a fair point, but Sunsongs are my favorite dragons in the game (if the old DC Record thread is correct, I might own the most of any DC player! biggrin.gif), and the brilliant contrast is my favorite part of them, so not seeing it in their first hybrid was a bummer. I also really like sunsets and sunrises, to the colors not being there as much was sad, too. The hybrids do have some nice colors, but it's very subtle and they read as being "red" and "pink" much more than their parent breeds, which is a pity.

Again, they are very nice, just not what I was hoping for. With my favorite breed combining with another I really like, feeling "oh, that's pretty" instead of the rabid admiration I had for spirit wards / antareans / xenos is a disappointment... even though of course that's not a bad mark to aim for at all. tongue.gif

In contrast I had no grand hopes for the pygmies, so they were a pleasant surprise altogether :'D just like the movies and games I usually have only the vaguest expectations for tend to be those I enjoy best, haha.

Great job birdz and Corteo! Love all the adults, although I think the male pygmy might be my favorite -- by a very small margin, though. They are all lovely and I will have to come up with some nice lineage patterns for them.

Lovely additions to the cave. I like how both sets have dragons glancing at each other in one way or another.

Adults! Gawds, they're all absolutely stunning. A wonderful release. Thanks birdz and Cort. <3

Dusk Pygmies

Many thanks to Sock for writing the descriptions on these!

I don't have so much extra info for these, but here's what do I have

About

Dusk Pygmies were not a naturally occurring breed. They were first bred as a designer breed, much like a labradoodle, until some escaped captivity - so now they can also be found in the wild. As such it is considered a status symbol to keep a dusk Pygmy

Dimorphic Differences

As seen with the sprites, females are larger (a trait they get from the Nilia female) and the male has stub horns (by way of the Crimson Flare). Personality wise males tend to be more clingy while it can take longer to earn the females trust. As to why a hybrid of Crimson and Nilia? Why not!? biggrin.gif

Magic

Dusk Pygmies are skilled with magic. Their magic is mostly harmless like creating mirages or levitating objects. They are also great at transforming rocks into gems, a honed skill of the Nilia.

Diet

Dusk Pygmies will eat anything and everything. They have a special fondness for fruits and berries.

Oh!! These guys look so lovely! Too bad I can only breed the pygmies.

I'll just have to hunt in the AP for the others.

All 3 new breeds are very nice looking. Congrats artists!

I love the look on the adults.

i love the pygmies, oh no i'm going to need a million

Like ADP, I'm a little disappointed at howminimal the color change in the hybrids is, but that's about it; they're very nice dragons, I just wanted more color. :'D

Ohhh these are GORGEOUS! Thank you spriters!!! Definitely need to stock up on these *_*

Awww, those Dusk Pygmies are absolutely adorable! I want an army of them and feel slightly sad that they can't be caught in the cave... The Sunsong hybrids are also very pretty, love those detailed wings and bodies (yay, spikes!).

Thank you, birdz and Corteo, also for the extra info!

SETSONG AND RISENSONGS

BEAUTIFUL

Probably my favourite release so far, the theme of dawn and dusk for these 3 dragons was awesome!

Thanks Birdz, Cortez and TJ!

These are lovely, thank you!

I like the description of the pygmies, the way they care for each other is sweet.

Love the new dragons, I can't makeup my mind of what ones I like best, now if only I could find more Sunsong Amphipteres and Nilias. I can't remember where to find them and the ones I have say cave for their location.