Kaini

Raffle Discussion

2 minutes ago, ChibiRedWolf said:

Hi everyone, I can't believe I won a bronze shimmer! honestly I don't know what to breed it with

I didn't expect to win anything at all, what a way to start a new month XD

Congrats! ^_^ Don't worry, you have days to think about the name, what gender you want it to be, which breed should be the first mate... I'm sure you'll be fine ;) And if not, there are several threads for questions and exchange of experience. Enjoy your Shimmer!

It's my first so I want it to be it's natural gender which is female, the name will be hard part, good luck to everyone next month

4 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

Congrats! ^_^ Don't worry, you have days to think about the name, what gender you want it to be, which breed should be the first mate... I'm sure you'll be fine ;) And if not, there are several threads for questions and exchange of experience. Enjoy your Shimmer!

Oh man, I didn't even think about the fact that I get to choose the gender!! Thanks for the reminder, even if it's not directed at me. ;) 

4 minutes ago, Xasora said:

Oh man, I didn't even think about the fact that I get to choose the gender!! Thanks for the reminder, even if it's not directed at me. ;) 

Haha, you're welcome anyway! ^_^ I found that to be quite important for myself because I personally usually prefer one gender of dimorphic sprites... so I thought about which dragons I'd want to breed my Tinsel with and chose his gender accordingly.

After thinking about it a bit more regarding other prizes (in case I should ever win again) I'd probably go female on all variants except Bronze Tinsel (which I already have) - but that's just a very personal preference! :D

On 11/30/2018 at 1:57 PM, Soulsborne said:

@Freima

Baikala Dragon
Deep Sea Dragon
Shallow Water Dragon
Water Dragon

/e: ninja'd by @Dracaena

Thank you!

14 hours ago, ChibiRedWolf said:

Hi everyone, I can't believe I won a bronze shimmer! honestly I don't know what to breed it with

I didn't expect to win anything at all, what a way to start a new month XD

this thread has some good suggestions :)

Huh! I wonder if blusangs count as sea-serpents for the raffle, because the only things I've had grow up on Dec 1 or later are a blusang, a shimmer, a chrono, and a gilded bloodscale and my raffle counter is at 1/3. Unless it's glitchily counting the deep sea that grew up on Nov 30? 

Congrats to all the November prize winners!

4 minutes ago, hamsterwoman said:

Unless it's glitchily counting the deep sea that grew up on Nov 30? 

The Raffle restarts every last day of the month, not the first one, so I think that Deep Sea counted. :)

Congrats to all the winners, by the way! ❤️ 

Edited by relaks

5 minutes ago, hamsterwoman said:

Huh! I wonder if blusangs count as sea-serpents for the raffle, because the only things I've had grow up on Dec 1 or later are a blusang, a shimmer, a chrono, and a gilded bloodscale and my raffle counter is at 1/3. Unless it's glitchily counting the deep sea that grew up on Nov 30? 

Congrats to all the November prize winners!

Depending on your time zone, it might have been the 30th for you but the 1st on the site.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:54 PM, Soulsborne said:

I found that to be quite important for myself because I personally usually prefer one gender of dimorphic sprites... so I thought about which dragons I'd want to breed my Tinsel with and chose his gender accordingly.

I agree with this! Also, take a look at which holiday dragons you like best with your prize, since they only usually have one gender. 

3 hours ago, relaks said:

The Raffle restarts every last day of the month, not the first one, so I think that Deep Sea counted. :)

Congrats to all the winners, by the way! ❤️ 

Ah, that would explain it! Because the deep sea definitely grew up on the 30th cave time. 

*Picks up a no-win cookie belatedly* Congrats to the winners! :) Do we know if the sea serpents have to be CB? I assume not, because it doesn't say they have to be CB, but I just thought to ask to double-check in case anyone knows?

7 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

*Picks up a no-win cookie belatedly* Congrats to the winners! :) Do we know if the sea serpents have to be CB? I assume not, because it doesn't say they have to be CB, but I just thought to ask to double-check in case anyone knows?

Looking back at the Wyrm requirement, nope, they don't need to be caveborn.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Looking back at the Wyrm requirement, nope, they don't need to be caveborn.

Awesome! :D Thanks for the fast reply! In that case, hopefully breeding what I've got will help me start somewhere with it.

Just bred & AP'd most of my sea serpent breeds about 5 hours ago and the last few in the last hour. About 10 eggs?

Though I wish I had thought to double check in the forums for what counts. The dragcave wiki has Thalassa Xenos as sea serpents when they aren't by DragCave body type, so those'll be in the mix 😕🙃. Baikalas I think are my only ones I haven't bred yet, they're Next!

Is there a confirmed list with dragons counting?

Specifically asking for Coastal Zyus.

I haven't even started breeding yet ... yelp :D

3 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Is there a confirmed list with dragons counting?

Specifically asking for Coastal Zyus.

Kind of:

This means that only Deep Seas, Baikalas, Waters and Shallow Waters count. Zyus don't count as "Sea Serpent", by Encyclopedia. Neither do Xenos, by the way.

It is almost that time again!  Hope you all have your entries in and good luck!!  

On 11/12/2018 at 11:37 PM, relaks said:

Tbh I don't think the requirements will ever be that specific! I don't even think they'd ask us to raise 3 adults of a particular breed (even if totally common like Water dragons). The new requirements have only been implemented for a few months, but until now they haven't been that restrictive.

I expect things like "Raise 3 Wyverns"; "Raise 3 bred/CB dragons". I don't expect to ever see something like "Raise 3 Pinks from Jungle". That would go well 😂

Make that "Raise 2 Pinks from the Coast". That would be fun. XD 

Thus far, the only requirement has been "raise dragon of body type X" - wyrms or leviathans, thus far. So, I presume we might get any other body type (western, eastern, wyvern, wingless, amphiptere, lindwyrm, wyrm...) or probably breeding groups (pygmy, two-headed, drake). I could even see us getting "raise three Valentine's dragons" in February. Or a specific biome. (Didn't we have that already?)

There was also the requirement "raise 3 from the coast".

I'm going to throw my hat in and say it'll be biome or element related this time. I don't know why, just guessing. Element might be fun, that gives a lot of options for most elements I believe. Anyways, good luck to everyone!

Time to not win again!

Lowkey hoping the next requirement will be wyverns so I can just keep breeding Spinels.