Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly the most difficult ones for me are *any* CB requirements (I'm so so glad this month's Coast requirement came with the Halloween release, an easy 2 Coasts right there!). The only CBs I really collect anymore are a couple new releases when they first come out (just to be able to breed later) and unbreedables. 3 Coasts is tricky enough, but I'd hate to see a higher number, like 8 Alpines or something.

Of course if we are going *really* out there, something like 'raise 3 Alpine Golds' would be horrible! lol

Anything more than 3 dragons of any kind would be a pain. Under the 3 dragon rule, even new players can raise dragons for the raffle immediately and have room for their own projects.

Speaking of already having Halloween release Coast dragons, anyone ever try guessing what type of challenge it will be so they already have hatchlings once the raffle starts? I suppose it would have been easy if it was always raise any 3 dragons, but since it changes and you have an entire month to raise dragons, I don't really think it's worth the hassle of trying to guess. Save your luck for the raffle, not guessing on what it may be.

I also think it would be a shame to do something like "freeze 3 hatchlings", where it's an action some users object to. I like frozen hatchlings (the graves are too cute not to pass up) but others might not want to participate in the raffle if that happened.

Oh yes, any requirements with actions some users don't like would be frustrating. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they *have* to freeze hatchlings if they object to that, or worse kill 3 dragons. Or neglect 3 dragons! Or zombify. ... Huh, there are a lot of questionable actions in this game, lol.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh yes, any requirements with actions some users don't like would be frustrating. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they *have* to freeze hatchlings if they object to that, or worse kill 3 dragons. Or neglect 3 dragons! Or zombify. ... Huh, there are a lot of questionable actions in this game, lol.

Raise 3(or more) neglected dragons would be the worst possible raffle challenge just on difficulty, much less morality!

I'm having a hard enough time with this month's haha. Not huge on the Coast. Need 2 more Xenos or Coppers to get me outta there!

I caught three random dragons from the Coast to release them after they grew up ... reached my scroll goals on CB dragons so I didn't bother choose any breed ... will release them later to not have an uneven number of CBs of a specific breed :D

7 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

I'm having a hard enough time with this month's haha. Not huge on the Coast. Need 2 more Xenos or Coppers to get me outta there!

Yes, my strategy has been raising Xenos, too. :P There's not much else in the coast I still need for my scroll goals. Halfway through the month and I still need one more dragon to grow up before I'll have fulfilled the requirements. 

Finally entered the raffle! That may be the latest I've ever entered besides the one time I just forgot completely. *grumbles at Coast* 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:36 PM, sbld said:

Has anyone tried raising CB coast-born eggs caught from the AP, to see if those count for the raffle requirements?

I did this, it worked! :)

Edited by oilbird

Less than 2 days left ... Remember to click that button for your 1-in-a-million chance that the randomizer picks you ...

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Less than 2 days left ... Remember to click that button for your 1-in-a-million chance that the randomizer picks you ...

Maybe it's time we made a badge :lol: - "The Raffle. Still Hoping / Dreaming" or "The Raffle - At least I got a cookie".

32 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Who is on cookie baking duty this time? ^_^ I'd like mine with chocolate chips, please!

I can do it!

Anyone want a different bake good like cake or brownies? Or just cookies? :D

49 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Who is on cookie baking duty this time? ^_^ I'd like mine with chocolate chips, please!

Haha I just made choco chip cookies actually! Wish I could send them through the internet as a little pre-raffle good luck charm :D

As always, I'm excited for the drawing even though I know I won't win. XD That being said, some "no-prize" cake would be good.... 

Meanwhile, the user-created raffles are winning XD

I actually almost forgot about the official DC raffle for a few weeks, it sucks that viewbombers and other stuff are making the winners hide.

Edited by BlueLatios

I've checked the raffle page like 10 times because I keep feeling like I didn't enter even though I know I did. Thanks to the time change I'll have to stay up later then usual if I want to be here when the winners are chosen, but I'm sure I will be. 

7 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I make a cracking date 'n' walnut blondie with maple caramel sauce. 😛

Now I actually want to lose, those sound so darn yummy!  *drools*

So I can make fudge for anyone not up for baked goods/pastries.

2 hours ago, Aqub said:

As always, I'm excited for the drawing even though I know I won't win. XD That being said, some "no-prize" cake would be good.... 

What favor of cake would you want? :D

All this talk about cakes and cookies when I'm trying to lose a few kg... not cool guys! 😂 I guess I will indulge a little though. Couldn't leave all the non-winners alone with all those goodies, now could I?

4 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Now I actually want to lose, those sound so darn yummy!  *drools*

So I can make fudge for anyone not up for baked goods/pastries.

Ooooo, I do like fudge! 🤤  I really like baking, I just wish it wasn't so bad for my waistline, lol.

Anyway, this month I won a fairly unexciting floral arrangement in a raffle at a flower demonstration thing mum dragged me too - that's probably my raffle luck gone for the year.  😧 (And it started dying the day after I got it home, tsk.)

16 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Ooooo, I do like fudge! 🤤  I really like baking, I just wish it wasn't so bad for my waistline, lol.

Anyway, this month I won a fairly unexciting floral arrangement in a raffle at a flower demonstration thing mum dragged me too - that's probably my raffle luck gone for the year.  😧 (And it started dying the day after I got it home, tsk.)

Please know that I am crying laughing with the mental picture of you trying to fit an enormous and garish bunch of flowers into a car. 😂😂

I entered of course. I've no hope of winning of course. But at least I'll start the Christmas baking soon and that always puts me in a good mood. I've borrowed an awesome thingy from my grandma that I'm not yet sure how to work but it promises spritz biscuits in the most interesting shapes.

2 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Me, too!!!  And I decided I don't care about my waistline......too many goodies right now!