Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Releasing gen2 with new avatar options and new items required an awful deal of coding and programming, so I'm assuming that they focused on that and disregarded the fact that some other codes might have needed some adjustments. I think there are going to be enough complaints to get it all fixed. smile.gif

I've seen the usual Sentret, Ledyba, Hoothoot, Hoppip, Wooper, and Marill around, with some sightings of Swinub (whose shadow looks like a Gulpin, I swear), Natu and Xatu, Ledian, Sneasel, Spinarak, and uh... something else. It's nice to have a reason to remember to actively play again.

Does the naming trick work on gen 2 eevelutions?

Yes it does. I already have an Umbreon and an Espeon.

Edited by Husker

Yes it does. I already have an Umbreon and an Espeon.

Cool, thanks!

~

Hopefully either there'll be more eevee at my vacay spot or I'm gonna have to waste my buddy on an eevee, which I feel used to be a lot more prolific. >.>

Cool, thanks!

~

Hopefully either there'll be more eevee at my vacay spot or I'm gonna have to waste my buddy on an eevee, which I feel used to be a lot more prolific. >.>

Too bad I can't send eevees your way. They are almost as common as Pidgies here. xd.png

I lost my pokeballs when I encountered a Cyndaquill and a Totodile, so I'm sad. Thankfully, this is only the first day of them around so there is plenty of time for me to get them eventually. wub.gif

Between leaving work to lunch and taking a walk around town when I got home I had an awesome haul of new gens and old ones too. Finally found a staryu and it's breathtaking. Got my vileplume, seadra, and Nidoqueen as well.

For gen two I got the espeon, umbreon, hopip, spinarack ladyba, ledian, hoothoot, wooper, sentret, furret, murkrow, slugma, sudowoodo, misdreavous, natu, sneasel, and swinub

I did see a marill but couldn't get to it. I'm also one zubat away from a Crobat.

I'm still completely out of luck when it comes to getting 10k eggs. Nothing since day one of this game. And does anyone know how common the evolution items are?

Edited by water_angel

And does anyone know how common the evolution items are?

From what I've seen, pretty rare.

I camped out at a spot with two pokestops last night, and was there for just over two hours, spinning two stops every 5 minutes. I got one sun stone, and I think that was lucky.

And does anyone know how common the evolution items are?

I got my up-grade on the first daily spin, so maybe if you are meant to get something to evolve your pokemon it's on the first pokestop you spin during the day. smile.gif

I got two sunstones today one was my first pokestop but the other was after a few.

I got two sunstones today one was my first pokestop but the other was after a few.

Then my theory fails as it is. tongue.gif I'm hoping for a sunstone and a metal coat to evolve my Onix, and I could also use a dragon scale for my Seadra. And a king's rock for my Slowpoke. Too much to ask?

Then my theory fails as it is. tongue.gif I'm hoping for a sunstone and a metal coat to evolve my Onix, and I could also use a dragon scale for my Seadra. And a king's rock for my Slowpoke. Too much to ask?

Maybe the first one has a better chance? smile.gif I'll take note of tomorrow's first spin. Hoping to get a kings rock too I've got a nice Slowpoke in waiting.

Got a new up-grade instead of something more useful since I don't have enough candy to get a Porygon 2. Niantic, have mercy. dry.gif

And also, another Cyndaquil ran away on me. Thanks a lot!

Now that I remembered one thing regarding Gym Battles...

I today took down Mystic gym, but I noticed one worrying thing about the entire thing.

The gym in question had 1900+ Vaporeon and 2400+ Exeggutor

So... I have my trusty 2130 Jolteon to take care of pesky water types, while my 2619 Gyarados usually takes care of bigger fry. Of course, my Gyarados has Bite, being super effective against Psychic types. But I played with an idea of tossing my Jynx into battle instead, since she has two Ice moves.

Before the generation 2... I would have aced that gym through, no problemo. Usually Jolteon would just spam Thunder Shock until finishing with Thunder.

...today, the 1900+ Vaporeon almost wiped floor with my Jolteon. I'm not kidding.

So why was this possible?

Jolteon no longer could spam his Thunder Shock, having been reduced to same speed as the pokemon in gyms usually are. I wish I was kidding, but this is true. My Jolteon instantly fell to Exeggutor, so I sent Jynx out to deal with it. I did expect it to faint, certainly, so I let it faint.

Ohh Lordy what happened then... it broke my heart.

Gyarados... GO! *Solar Beam happens* ...Gyara...? It nearly wipe- *Psychic* ...okay, you're dead now...

Previously... that Solar Beam took only about half of Gyarados's 140 HP. Now it nearly OHKO'd him.

Exeggutors had never before won my Gyarados... Never. Not before the Gen 2 came.

Needless to say... I'm sad. >:

They def need to fix battling! It's like next to impossible to beat all these 2000 CP blissey's defending gyms. I couldn't even beat my own 1000 CP chansey. >.> Those gyms are basically untouchable for now.

Is anyone actually surprised Blissey/Chansey are OP? =P Seeing how Vaporeon's HP was given star treatment compared to its fellows, I can't say I'm particularly shocked Chansey is the stats goddess. Next thing you know, we'll have Wobbuffet who can reflect every attack and prevent running from battles... the horror.

Gym battling is still going to be at the bottom of my list until any Poke can feasibly be competitive. I want my Magikarp to reach the highest of gym tiers, past all those Gyarados, until he finally realizes he doesn't need to evolve to reach greatness... it was in his heart all along.

(or maybe just because it'd be hilarious)

Is anyone actually surprised Blissey/Chansey are OP? =P Seeing how Vaporeon's HP was given star treatment compared to its fellows, I can't say I'm particularly shocked Chansey is the stats goddess. Next thing you know, we'll have Wobbuffet who can reflect every attack and prevent running from battles... the horror.

Nope, not surprised (and very, very frustrated over the eeveelution diffs), but at least vaporeon is beatable. >.>

Nope, not surprised (and very, very frustrated over the eeveelution diffs), but at least vaporeon is beatable. >.>

I have yet to do any gym battling since gen2 since I don't really have time to sit around and knock down all the level 8-10 valor gyms around here, but I was wanting to on my day off.... now maybe not.........

But I want my coins, hah.

I managed to level up a team Mystic gym to add my Alakazam as a defender since my Rhydon is about to be kicked out and I need someone to add me my stardust and coin bonus. I hope that this gym reaches level 10 and stays like that for some time since yes, I just put my pokemon there and I want him to stick around for some time.

I ran out of pokeballs on a Teddiursa and I was pretty sad because I was looking forward to that little baby the most and I hate not catching them. sad.gif A GRIMER ran away on me today after an ultra ball and pinap berry and I am beyond frustrated. I also hatched a 100% perfect Slugma (can't wait to evolve it), caught an Octillery and a Skiploom, but the Phanpy is one of my cutest pokedex entries, I'm absolutely in love with that little baby. <3 wub.gif Thanks to pokestops I managed to get two King's Rocks, two 5km eggs and one 10km egg. Using one of the two King's Rocks I finally got my Slowking. Speaking of which:

user posted image

How does a water/psychic type pokemon have a fire type attack? blink.gif

And also, look at this:

user posted image

I'm crying. No, really, I'm in tears.

They also seem to have changed the ball mechanics again. A throw that I've done probably hundreds of times and hit the Pokemon the majority of that time now hit just behind the Pokemon consistently every time. Also, the fact that Pokemon can dodge to the left and right makes catching Pokemon even more frustrating. I wasted about 15 Pokeballs this morning on just one little Goldeen because I couldn't hit it.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

They also seem to have changed the ball mechanics again. A throw that I've done probably hundreds of times and hit the Pokemon the majority of that time now hit just behind the Pokemon consistently every time. Also, the fact that Pokemon can dodge to the left and right makes catching Pokemon even more frustrating. I wasted about 15 Pokeballs this morning on just one little Goldeen because I couldn't hit it.

Yeah, Ledyba and Remoraid do that to me a lot. Especially Ledyba since it can fly. Zig-zag, left and right, diagonally... don't ask. dry.gif

So I'm pretty sad that Mareep is this rare, considering it's my favorite pokemon of this gen :( Haven't seen a single one, despite seeing a lot of starters

I think I've seen everything except Unown and the Mareep and Larvitar lines actually (not counting the babies and item evolutions), my gen 2 pokedex is already looking better than my gen 1 pokedex in the first month

edit: Just checked, haven't seen Miltank, Shuckle, Corsola and Sneasel either (plus heracross, delibrid and smeargle of course)

Edited by LaHaine

So I'm pretty sad that Mareep is this rare, considering it's my favorite pokemon of this gen sad.gif Haven't seen a single one, despite seeing a lot of starters

I think I've seen everything except Unown and the Mareep and Larvitar lines actually (not counting the babies and item evolutions), my gen 2 pokedex is already looking better than my gen 1 pokedex in the first month

edit: Just checked, haven't seen Miltank, Shuckle, Corsola and Sneasel either (plus heracross, delibrid and smeargle of course)

Holy wow, how many unlocks do you have according to your badge? I think I'm only up to 15 or so. o.o

I caught a Sneasel today (and boy, was that a struggle blink.gif), and I once saw a Mareep on the nearby radar, but not near enough for me to go after it. Apart from the Sneasel, I had more unlocks: a wild Bayleef (a breathtaking one too!), Furret (evolved, breathtaking with HYPER BEAM), Cyndaquil (FINALLY dry.gif ), Noctowl, Ariados, Lanturn, Xatu, Sunkern (that little smiling sunflower seed is SO CUTE), Yanma, Magcargo and Donphan. And on the first day, on Friday, I randomly came across a Larvitar and caught it.

I also figured out that Wobbuffet has a gender dimorphism feature - females, such as the one I have, wear lipsticks. blink.gif

My gen 2 catches so far are Hoothoot, Hoppip, Ledyba, Ledian, Murkrow, Sentret, Spinarak, Swinub, Teddiursa, Wooper and evolved one each Espeon and Umbreon. Just like in gen 1, most of what I'm catching is normal, grass, flying and bug types. I'm seeing the same pokemon over and over again.

Gotta love small towns!

Edit: Never saw a Slowpoke before the Valentine's Day event, but I've been seeing them regularly since the event ended. Go figure.

Edited by Husker