Jazeki

The Valentine's Speculation Thread

January is nearly over and that means that Valentine's Day is soon upon us.

What are you hoping for with the event and the new dragon release? Are you going to breeding/collecting past dragons? Do you still need mates for your dragons? Discuss!

I sort of hope we get a wyrm. smile.gif It might pair nicely with Thalassas.

I want more red dragons <3 I LOVE Heartseekers and Heartstealers, so more like those would be amazing biggrin.gif Though I hav to say, I think Radiant Angels are my favorite valentine dragons so far

I'm looking forward to breeding some of my Valentines dragons.

Edited by DovahInAhrkZoriik

I want a Valentines drake. xP

And then a huge release of colorful drakes so that we have lots of things to pair them with.

And then a huge release of colorful drakes so that we have lots of things to pair them with.

I hope we get a Drake as well <3 drakes never get no love sad.gif although, it would also be nice to see a pygmy or a two-headed dragon

Not sure how valentine-y it'd be, but I think something multi-coloured would be interesting. There are many forms of love, not just romantic, and here's a little piece of trivia: in Finland the day is called "friendship day" instead. smile.gif

In previous years I have liked the Radiant Angels and the Mutamores especially, because the RAs aren't so in-your-face sugary sweet pink, and they're always trying to cheer you up. Mutamores I like because they're a bit darker in colour and rougher in appearance, and they're basically these big solitary grumps for most of the year aside from Valentine's Day. xd.png That's such a funny idea, and I hope to see more alternative spins like that.

Me too!

Breeding-wise, I'm as prepared as I can possibly be. Still missing a few mates but they are very hard to find. Looking forward to continuing my Valentine lineage projects and hopefully finding some new pretties in the AP. smile.gif

I'm as prepared as I'm probably going to get. Only a few of my Vals are mateless, and those few are the tricky ones I've been trying to pair for years, like my 2g 'seeker from tinsel, or this one. I'm going to be doing a lot of AP hunting again this year, though. Hopefully I have the time to do it--life has gotten busier, though DC has stayed the same.

I don't know what I'm hoping for in the new dragon. My favorite Valentines are Heartseekers and Radiant Angels, and I'm not such a fan of pink. I always thought a two-headed Valentine would be cool though. It would be such a great opportunity to show other kinds of love besides gooey romantic love. Though there's nothing intrinsically wrong with gooey romantic love. xd.png

I missed the drop for last year's Valentine dragon, so I'll be trying to catch 2nd gens. I'm hoping all the Valentine breedings I do are successful as well. I'm just happy to be back and active in DC. biggrin.gif

I want the new Valentines Dragon to be Pink-less. We have too many Pink Valentine's Dragons. I know it's hard to step away from Pink because Valentines Day is basically the Holiday for Pink crap, lol.

Actually, I've been writing up the concept for a Valentines Dragon based on Glass Roses (You know, the bouquet of 12 Roses guys give girls that say "I will love you until the last Rose dies." with 11 real ones and then the glass rose). I really hope I can find a Spriter for the concept. I know this Valentines Day is too late to submit the concept/Sprites, but maybe in the future... biggrin.gif

I want the new Valentines Dragon to be Pink-less. We have too many Pink Valentine's Dragons. I know it's hard to step away from Pink because Valentines Day is basically the Holiday for Pink crap, lol.

Actually, I've been writing up the concept for a Valentines Dragon based on Glass Roses (You know, the bouquet of 12 Roses guys give girls that say "I will love you until the last Rose dies." with 11 real ones and then the glass rose). I really hope I can find a Spriter for the concept. I know this Valentines Day is too late to submit the concept/Sprites, but maybe in the future... biggrin.gif

I think that a white dragon that incorporates pink or red would be pretty neat. Or maybe a main silver color with red or pink. I really love the Kingcrowne dragon's coloring, and will be using it for a mate for one of my Valentine dragons. We do have a lot of pink options nowadays, don't see a whole lot of straight white, and there's so much you can do with white to make it look Valentine themed. biggrin.gif

This is a really sweet concept. I hope you do find a spriter.

I'll be breeding my last few Valentinekin this weekend and then breeding all my Valentine's dragons to the AP/to the people who requested them during Valentine's breeding week.

I'll also try to collect 2nd gen mutamores.

Gotta' finish my icy Valentine's collection, then I'll be caught up on two holidays. P: Missed a few things last year and 2G Mutamores are new this year, but seven pairs is still very easily do-able, so I'm not worried.

Also, very excited to be making my first 4th Gen code checkers!

As for the new dragon: The usual. Different subgroup would be neat, non-pink dragon would be interesting, etc. etc. Not really a lot of my wishlist for new holiday things, so as long as it looks nice I can't complain. |D

This is a really sweet concept. I hope you do find a spriter.

Me too! I really like the concept. I hope it can become a reality one day! happy.gif

I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna do this Valentine's. For Halloween and Christmas I always have a breed or two I like to collect lots of because I love them so much, but I really...don't like any of the Valentine's breeds enough to want thirty+ of them on my scroll.

Maybe I'll just snag some eggs for frozen hatchies and chill the rest of the time.

I just hope this year's dragon is something that'll make me want to go nuts collecting them next year.

I wasnt here for last valentines as I didnt know about the game back then, im really hoping that the valentine's dragons for before are available as rosebud, sweetling, and arsani dragon breed are my favorites espicially rosebud, I dream to have one someday haha.

I'd love seeing more pink and some more type of decoration maybe on the dragons?

Definitely a new color scheme. Pinks are overdone. More variety in valentine dragon colors would be nice.

I'd like to see a dragon that's not pink or red, for once. Maybe a purple or a white. (<3 radiant angels, so much.) Or something else! Just, not another over-the-top hearts and frills 'I am made of bubblegum' dragon. I have nothing against them, but it's rather predictable by this point.

I really hope it's not pink. Like... Any color but that.

I will be hoarding mutamores, as I missed their release last year and of course, it has to be one of my favorite Vday dergs. I can't wait. smile.gif

And the events usually amazing, so looking forward to that, too.

I uh, I don't really know! Valentine's peaked for me already xd.png I doubt another sprite could ever beat Heartstealers to me. They're just perfect in every way! (Aside from being the wrong gender T^T) Of course I'm hoping to hoard as many as I can this year. I barely have any!

A Pygmy would be awesome breed-wise, or even a Two-Headed! Personally I'd love to see something with "heartbroken" colors, maybe black/silver/purple, or something reminiscent of conversation hearts, so sort of a pastel rainbow. Or even a dragon that's overall white (or pearly/opalescent) with small pink accents.

A Heartbroken-esque would be lovely too! I love the Gothlings, but sadly I can't own them. xd.png So, yeah, another Broken Hearted Dragon that everyone could get would be cool. wub.gif

I'd really love something purple - it's my favourite colour xd.png

If I ever made a Holiday request, my Spriter's Alt would be purple and black. No question.

But really, I'm chill for the release smile.gif I know that the wonderful spriters and writers of the site have something spectacular for us to enjoy - and I'm just happy to be here for the ride!

Really hoping for some kind of gifting in the event, ala the flowers event I've read about. I want to send something mushy to my boyfriend wink.gif

Like a few others, I'd like a purple Dragon. But really, anything dark, or really anything not red or pink would be good in my eyes. Something different from the usual "hearts and frills and saccharine goodness" dragons would be a welcome change.

Still got several mates I need to try and get.