Jazeki

The Valentine's Speculation Thread

Can a rose gold Dragon be a thing one day?? <3

There is a concept for one

Though the sprites look a bid odd for modern DC's style

Man. I wish I knew if it was tonight or not. I know it'll probably be tomorrow but I'm hoping. xd.png

i tried breeding a valentines dragon no one would really care about and they produced nothing so its probably not today

Edited by blockEdragon

TJ always makes a news thread when holiday breeding starts. Fuzz is right that holidays don't breed true until then.

I love the mutamore dragon's face. So dragon-y, so detailed. That's what I want for our next Valentine dragon. o3o

Edited by Varekis

My hopes are high that the V-day dragon this year will not be red, pink or white. I would love to see a non traditional color. It would be great to see a leviathan type to bring some love to the deep.

I figured there would be some news about the Valentine's Day event and breeding by now. Anyone heard anything?

And I wanna a valentine's drake, two-headed, or pygmy.

We got pumpkins for pygmies; why can't we get anything else?

I figured there would be some news about the Valentine's Day event and breeding by now. Anyone heard anything?

And I wanna a valentine's drake, two-headed, or pygmy.

We got pumpkins for pygmies; why can't we get anything else?

I wholeheartedly agree! Why can't we get a Drake or a Two-headed? Or a Pygmy, but I'd prefer to see one of the other two since there's already a holiday Pygmy. The only way we're going to see the Drakes especially get more love is if they have more breeding options, and giving them a holiday dragon would help a lot toward that goal.

So each holiday event runs for seven days, and the mistake most people are making (I did this too initially) is thinking that February 7 to February 14 is seven days. It's actually eight xd.png I always forget to count the 7th as day 1.

For February 14 to be day 7, the event will have to start on February 8.

Ps. I love the rose gold Dragon concept you linked! Hopefully the changes get made to it's head angle/anatomy

Edited by Pryanka

I'd love a blue dragon! Something with more of a tragic, sad theme would be interesting, love is not just about being happy, in fact, it can be one of the most terrifying feelings in the world. Dragons can be terrifiying too, just sayin' tongue.gif

Anyways, can't wait for the breeding season to start, you guys always make me jealous with your amazing lineages.

So each holiday event runs for seven days, and the mistake most people are making (I did this too initially) is thinking that February 7 to February 14 is seven days. It's actually eight xd.png I always forget to count the 7th as day 1.

For February 14 to be day 7, the event will have to start on February 8.

Ps. I love the rose gold Dragon concept you linked! Hopefully the changes get made to it's head angle/anatomy

Yes, breeding starts tonight at midnight, which will be February 8. This doesn't change. A quick look through the news threads will confirm this. You can always count 7 days from the holiday day, including the holiday day, to determine when breeding starts for any of the 3 DC holiday weeks.

However, because TJ is sometimes (minutes) late in turning on the holiday breeding, you should hold off until you see someone confirm that they saw or bred Valentine dragons. Mutamores, doubly so, because sometimes TJ forgets to turn on the latest breed, too.

Last year, the holiday breeding news thread was posted on the 8th. In past years, it was posted a few days earlier. Not sure what's up this year.

Personally, I'm dying for a purple or even blue Valentine dragon. All the pink, red and white is getting to me.

Edited by stardust13

I'd love a blue dragon! Something with more of a tragic, sad theme would be interesting, love is not just about being happy, in fact, it can be one of the most terrifying feelings in the world. Dragons can be terrifiying too, just sayin' tongue.gif

Anyways, can't wait for the breeding season to start, you guys always make me jealous with your amazing lineages.

Oooh that would be lovely!

I'm sure I'll love whatever dragon we get, and I adore catching eggs from the AP to see all the awesome lineages people make.

Remember the flower event? I'd love to see something like that come back.

Silver or white dragon would be wonderful.

I wonder what the event will be this year... One of my favorite events ever was the one where we had to collect ingredients and make different things out of it. Would love to do something like that again smile.gif

A Valentine's wyrm! wub.gif

Or maybe some sort of dragon with lace wings and patterns? Since lots of valentines have lace on them.

I personally don't think we should get any pygmies or drakes until we have more of them, because although it would be cool to have a holiday pygmy, as blockEdragon said,

Quality > Novelty

I'd like the new dragon to be a normal dragon, drakes and two headeds are cute for the novelty but they stop being cute when there are only five breeding options.

A little under four hours of speculatin' in this thread to go before it's locked and speculation is moved to the actual thread. :3

I would like another non-western dragon, a wyvern or wyrm, perhaps. Although I love them, there are way too many four-legged, winged dragons on DC.

I vote for a non-normal dragon!

We already have the Pumpkin Pygmy and Vampires, so why not. Still waiting on the first Holiday Drake or Two-headed...

Having a Drake, Two-headed or Pygmy isn't about novelty to me, it's about legitimizing the breeding group. Right now one of the reasons we have so few of them is that most people want (rationally enough) a dragon they can breed with the most number of dragons. So TJ releases very few of them, which makes people dislike them more because there are so few, and... it's a catch-22 is what I'm saying. I'd like something to break them out of that status but I don't see it happening unless he suddenly released like 100 different Drakes, Two-headeds, and Pygmies all at once and that would be a nightmare.

Idk. I'm not saying I want it because we've never had one, I'm saying I want it because it would be a good thing to have.

Anyway. A Wyrm-type dragon would be equally cool, or a Wyvern. I don't think we've had many Wyverns, at least not for Valentine's, and goodness knows we need more Wyrms too. And that's part of the main breeding group so more people will be happy with it.

Edited by silver_chan