The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2017

I would like to join.

My scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Greenlady

I have 4 adult olives born and raised in 2017. I also have 2 hatchlings and 4 eggs, so in a few days I'll have 10 new olives.

I am adding "-2017" to their names.

I have organized my scroll by breed. At the moment, my olives start at the bottom of page 14 and go on to page 15. This might change if new breeds are created whose names begin with a letter before "O" of course. :-)

I will update as the details change.

Edited by Jennie

Updating now

Thanks legofrodo12 smile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks everyone who offered donations! smile.gif

I'm really tired now though so again I'm just doing participants. Sorry

(Happy birthday biggrin.gif)

Olives have already gotten MUCH rarer! I usually saw them everywhere, in the cave and AP, but I've only managed to catch two from the cave (and my boyfriend caught one for me) and I've been sitting and refreshing the forest. (One of those two catches has been while I was writing this post xd.png)

Anyway, the hatchling is now named. (Janbim CB-2017)

I'll see if I can get the CB from my boyfriend and name it similarly. The egg I just caught is here.

Edit - got and named the hatchling, and caught two more eggs. They're currently at the end of my scroll. (As you'd expect from age sort...)

Edit2 - Just caught another egg biggrin.gif

Nothing for 2 days, and then suddenly I catch three in the span of an hour xd.png

Edit3 - and another! Now egglocked. (I had some ND experiments, one of which died.)

Edited by Zeditha

I'm probably going to donate, but I just want to take a look at lineages first. Just a heads up on it.

Total count: 16 fully grown, 12 more in various stages of growing up. Making for 28 total.

Is discussing strategy in this thread acceptable? Like...is it 'better' to freeze hatchies to free up space to grab more eggs/hatchies, or is it a better bet to let them grow up in the hope of breeding later in the year? This is my first year in the contest, and I'm at one grown, five hatchies, five eggs right now.

Is discussing strategy in this thread acceptable? Like...is it 'better' to freeze hatchies to free up space to grab more eggs/hatchies, or is it a better bet to let them grow up in the hope of breeding later in the year? This is my first year in the contest, and I'm at one grown, five hatchies, five eggs right now.

Personally, I HATE Frozen Hatchlings. I only collect a m/f/u for each breed and that's it. To have hundreds of frozen Hatchies from 1 breed on my Scroll would make me go insane!

I could see where freezing them MIGHT give you a slight advantage, since you won't be "locked" as much, but it all boils down to how you obtain them and what not as well. If you just grab from the Cave, you might still be behind someone who raises them to adult BUT trades for them in the masses. Example: I have 31 Total Olives right now. BUT I also caught a CB Silver and 2 CB Gaias about a week ago and I still have 20~ Olive Hatchlings coming in from those trades. If I trade more and more and get more and more Olives, I may come out ahead of anyone who freezes theirs (and doesn't trade). I always raise mine to adults, unless their lineage is absolutely yucky, or I need space fast.

I'd like to join in again this year. My Olives are on page 5 of my scroll, there are currently 4 adults that do not qualify for the contest (3 males and a female)

I'd also like to donate the offspring of my Hollies for this again.

Burning Holly - 5G stair female with Reds (mate is CB Red)

Jubalenn - 5G stair male with Whites (mate is CB White)

Jden Vcihh0 Thuwed - 6G stair male with Winter Seasonals (mate is CB Seasonal)

Xurkitree of the Winter - 6G spiral female with Electrics (mate is CB Electric)

Evrae Holblack - 6G stair male with Blacks (mate is CB Black)

Jxad0 Xecc0 Thuwed - 7G EG male (mate is this Nebula)

Current total: 14 named 2017 olives, 5 ungendered hatchies, 4 eggs. Interested in 3g even gen eggswaps of olives, because why not work on an even-gen lineage while I'm at it?

Edited by Somercy

Oooo I like contests, can I join in? smile.gif

My Scroll

I custom-sort my scroll and they'll be at the bottom of page one (Jan 27 2017, 09:22 PM) top of page two for now (Feb 16 2017, 09:01 PM) bottom of page two (Mar 20 2017, 08:34 PM) 2/3rd down page 2 (May 28) I made them a group to make life easier! (I'll update this post if/when that changes). I caught my first Olive a few days ago so they'll all be 2017-born and have names including Hollive and their number. smile.gif

Current count: 1 (Jan 23 2017, 08:54 PM), 7 (Jan 27 2017, 09:22 PM), 8 (Feb 1 2017, 10:18 PM), 10 [Paused for Valentines] (Feb 16 2017, 09:01 PM), 14 (Feb 23 2017, 08:15 PM), 22 (Mar 20 2017, 08:34 PM), 35 (Apr 13 2017, 08:30 AM), 70 (May 28), 106

Edited by Aurae

Donating ~

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Holly Molly 7th and CB Skywing, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Holly Forest 6th and CB White, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Bacon Gift 6th and CB Gold, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Celtic Colour 5th and CB Pink, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Holly Leight 5th and CB White, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from King Dragus 5th and CB Black, from WoLfgIrLyS!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Rotes Licht 5th and CB Storm, from WoLfgIrLyS!

Hey guys I'm really sorry, I've been sick for a while and I'm still not feeling that well. Also, I have a test coming up that I need to do lots of studying for, so please don't expect an update from me until after the 8th Feb.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and thanks everyone who has offered to donate! smile.gif

Joining again this year! My scroll is sorted by breed, and all contest Olives (all the Olives on my scroll actually, heh whoops) will be named "Olly # (Name)".

Good luck and feel better, AppleMango! c:

I'd love to join again!

My Scroll - Breed sort order, they will be named "Holly'17-##"

I'd also like to donate some Hollies!!

Darqened the 1st Helix (3EG Holly) x OddMan's Feliz Thuwed (3EG Thuwed Winter)

Holly Breeze of Delight (4G Holly) x Ada's Nock-knock Joke (CB Stripe)

Honorable N-Poid (4G Holly) x mate of choice

Abu's Thuwed of 38 (6EG Holly Thuwed) x Blimey Q Dorkface (6EG White Dorkface)

Go Tell it Thuwed (7G Holly Thuwed) x Iseflake Forever CB (CB Winter)

Fantastic Thuwed Digits (8EG Holly Thuwed) x ONT4C Thuwed (8EG White Thuwed)

This may be getting out of hand. (My scroll is age-sorted - that's not even all of them, just the ones that fit on my screen xd.png)

Anyway, updated total (including growing things, since they will stay on my scroll): 28.

And I'm about to go CB-hunting.

I don't even like Hollies that much, why am I doing this

I'd love to join, too, please! smile.gif

JavaMom: 721

January/40

My scroll, I custom sort and all contest olives will be at the end of my scroll (starting on page 24, after the dinos) and will be named "Wanna Holly ##".

Edited by JavaMom
Update

I don't know if this specifically needs reported, but I just thought I'd note that I've reached the required 40 olives.

I'm about to reach 40 Olives as well, I'm like 1 away

Currently at 33 Olives.

I have some goals:

- 7G of PB Olives (64 CBs)

- 10G of PB Olives (512 CBs)

- 12G of PB Olives (2048 CBs, max shown in lineage view)

- 5,000 total Olives

In the PB EG Olive project, I must own every dragon, including CBs.

I'll be happy to reach 7G and 2,000 Olives, but I have lofty goals xd.png

It's going to be a busy year. I've temporarily suspended all of my other lineage projects to entirely focus on Olives xd.png

Currently at 41 olives (this is including eggs and hatchlings which i plan to grow up on my scroll)

I'd like to enter. I will name all my olives "Caff's 2017 Olive" with a number after it to count them, and they will all be sorted into one section, as I sort by breed and only had one olive before this.

My Scroll

I wasn't going to join, but I had 3 olives grow up on my scroll today, so I am in.

https://dragcave.net/user/princesslucy

My contest Olives will be on the first page of my scroll, with OliveHugh as part of the name.

I have 79 Olive adults as of now.

Edited by PrincessLucy