The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2017

15 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

I am still donating but my phone is being a huge pain about logging out and into another forum account. Gahhhhh. I'll do my best to get onto a computer before the 1st!

Also, somehow I managed to get 20. XD last minute hustle.

When I said you can add them yourself I didn't realise it would be a struggle for you, haha. sorry >_< I can add them in for you if you just post. :)

17 hours ago, The Holly Contest said:

Remember the last grown up date on that is allowed is December 1st, after that we'll be total checking

Or frozen hatchlings. ;)

8 hours ago, Somercy said:

Or frozen hatchlings. ;)

Ah yes. You're right. I personally don't freeze any hatchlings, so I forgot about those :P but they are counted for sure.

I didn't realize it would be either! There's no logical reason it should be. Grrrr. I miss playing from a desktop.

Anyway, here are my donations for this year!

Gift of the Dance

It's Raining Wine and Holly

Mistress Claus

Under Mistletoe

Wish Fulfillment

Exotic Holly

Winterpetal

Sin of my Fathers

Golden Wackyweed

Ride the Wave of Joy

Houx de Saint Laurant

Soul of Yule

Nyx of Christmas Eve

Leucistic Hollyberry

Silver-Wrapped Gift

A Merry Garland

The Celebrant

I Want a TARDIS For Christmas

All have a set mate, but with the evengens, I'm happy to let the prize winner choose an alternative. (Seems like it wouldn't matter with the spirals and stairs since any member of the given mates' breed would look the same.)

Hey guys, so this is a timeline that I’m hoping to be able to stick to. :)

So the timeline started with me sending out the activity check to the donators.

The next step is 11:19pm on the 1st of December is when the collecting ends and the counting begins.

We’re hoping to have the counting finished by the 5th. When the counting finishes I’ll be splitting the donations into two groups. The donators who replied to the activity check and those who didn’t. This isn’t to call anyone out or anything, it’s just possible that some people didn’t respond because they’ve had a busy week, or they’re only usually around in the holidays. People who choose prizes from this set just need to acknowledge the risk that they may not be available.

When the counting is finished, the first twelve people will be sent PMs. These will be sent as three messages to four people at the same time.

After the message is sent, people will have 4 days to reply before people below them in the list are possibly prioritized after them.

The people that came 13th-24th will be messaged three days after the first 12 people, and then will have four days to reply before people below may be prioritised above them. So this pattern will continue with the next batch of people being messaged the day before the time is up for the others. This is to ensure that it moves smoothly.

While the sorting is happening, the people who donated the prizes will be PM’d when a holly offspring that they have chosen to donate so that they can get in contact with the winner to sort out a time that’s convenient to pass the egg over.

I’m hoping to have everything sorted out by the 16th so that everyone will have time to sort out when the prize is handed over and it can go smoothly for everyone.

I hope this makes sense. If it doesn’t, please feel free to ask questions, I’m not that good at explaining things, but I try :P

Also, suggestions for next years dragon to collect are open.

So far, I’ve seen bleeding moons, horses and khusas suggested. So thoughts on these and other suggestions are welcome.

Also, updated totals :)
Bit tired to add more hollies to the list but I'll get on it tomorrow :)

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I had every intention to, but life xP

Anyway, my final count is 150 as listed in the post :)

Edit: I vote for Waterhorses next year!

Edited by Wahya

I hope I have enough Olives to win a cool prize Holly!  Next year maybe I'll number mine as I collec them so I can have a better idea how many there are.

I would love to see Greater Spotted Drakes starring in next year's Holly Contest!  Neotropicals would be cool to collect, too.

I stopped collecting tbh my olives jumped from page 16 to page 23. My final count is 153 olives. 

My olives got grouped too. I have... 21. I'm so pathetic XD

https://dragcave.net/group/35454

Khusas are too new IMO. We should pick an older breed that doesn't get much attention. I'd be fine with any of the other breeds I've seen people mention. Fwiw the ones that jump to mind for me are...

Greater Spotted. I remember there being a huge push for this one before. 

Any of the breeds with the 'This egg has strange markings' desc. I think that's Frill, Horse, Skywing, and Ochredrake. All of those are blockers regardless of which of the four it is. (I'd be down for this being the thing, actually, with all four breeds being valid for the contest.) 

Tsunamis. The poor things sit forever now and they're so beautiful it's unfair.

I'm glad to hear we're definitely still doing this next year! I was a little worried people wouldn't want to anymore if the Holiday biome is a thing and everyone gets their own CBs.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Brimstones. They currently seem to beat anything else while breeding XD

I updated my post on P3 but to save anyone going back and finding it: I finished on 106 (forgot to freeze the growing ones *sigh lol) and made my olives a group to make finding them easier. :)

30 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I'm glad to hear we're definitely still doing this next year! I was a little worried people wouldn't want to anymore if the Holiday biome is a thing and everyone gets their own CBs.

Everyone likes a contest! :D

Edited by Aurae

Yay! I'm so glad to hear the game is still on! I do enjoy it, and I think we have a positive impact on the value of the chosen common, at least for the year. 

Others that have come to mind as not often paid much attention to...

Brutes.

Yellow Crowned.

Canopies.

Water Walkers.

Earth/Pebble. I know they have a BSA but is a really unpopular one and they're super common in the cave and breeding.

Stone. It's one of the oldest breeds and it deserves love.

Any pygmy, two head, or drake, TBH, but especially these (aside from GSD and Ochredrake which I mentioned before)...

Morphodrake.

Dark Myst Pygmy.

Original Pygmy.

Duotones.

Honestly there are any number of breeds that would benefit from our attention. 

Hey guys :)

We've almost finished counting, and here are the totals at the moment. (More than likely to be the final totals :) )

If you would like a recount, feel free to ask. However, if we think that you're total isn't close enough to someone else's that it will affect your placing, we may not. (especially if you have a lot) Also, this has to be by the 5th :)

On 03/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, AppleMango said:

Hey guys sorry for the sort of double post but I just thought of this new rule: if you want a recount please put all the olives that you think are eligible in a group and post the group. That way if we arrive at a different number than you we can tell you why.  

These people have already been double checked: Daeron, dothefreddy, legofrodo12, Miichie, Moriwen, rihannaalexis, wonderwanders2, Ziggystardust

So anyway, here is the totals :)

owned by toys 2437
InugamiZERO
shopfront 984
Beefcake 885
Javamom 721
banban007 581
Gryphites 359
Sylvanaria 297
Aventurine 286
topaz08 279
goldensunrise 235
Zeditha 197
Labcoat 175
PrincessLucy 165
Terrafreaky 163
Dalek Raptor 153
spring_dragon 152
Wahya 150
Zerhai 147
wingedcat 136
gigglymonkey12 135
Husker 133
legofrodo12 119
Daeron 119
Aurae 106
Smoke_Thief 99
IchibiGaara 94
Tigerkralle 90
Romulan 87
Somercy 76
MisaTange 70
Yunneil 67
Skadi 52
winter_tea 49
caffeineash 48
Mnkn10 42
Xasora 37
rihannalexis 37
dothefreddy 36
Sea Pancake 35
Jennie 33
aussieJJDude 32
ZiggyStardust 29
wonderwanders2 28
Moriwen 28
Miichie 23
Lurhstaap 21
Lancepenn2009 17

and the runners up:

Cheekadee 14
black-shado 13
silver_tiger 12
FayriTayell 11
PixelShark 11
Firedda 8
Kovia 5
QueenErica 1
JCCDragons 0
cieloazul 0
Edited by The Holly Contest

Hey guys sorry for the sort of double post but I just thought of this new rule: if you want a recount please put all the olives that you think are eligible in a group and post the group. That way if we arrive at a different number than you we can tell you why.  

With regard to next year's breed, I'd prefer not to be chasing a pygmy or a drake, if given the choice. They're not a major cave-blocker ever, and I don't particularly like them. (Petty? Me? A little. But something with such a limited pool of breeding options isn't to my taste.)

I think Deep Sea dragons might be an option to consider, and also favor Skywings, Bleeding Moons and Spotted Greenwings.

@The Holly Contest @AppleMango

Recount please! I've certainly got more than 97, but they aren't all together on my scroll, some are on the front page still (I've not had time to reorganise since halloween). See the group I posted further up this page - they're all in there. :)

Edited by Aurae

2 hours ago, Aurae said:

@The Holly Contest @AppleMango

Recount please! I've certainly got more than 97, but they aren't all together on my scroll, some are on the front page still (I've not had time to reorganise since halloween). See the group I posted further up this page - they're all in there. :)

Sorry. I must have missed the group and just counted the ones together on your scroll. I'll fix that now :)

Hey guys :)

I'm going to send out the first round of messages for people to choose their prizes soon :)

Here's the timeline: (Dates are in cave time, and I'm aiming to send out messages at midnight, the deadlines will be 4 days after the messages have been sent, so if I send it at 2am, the deadline is 2am)

5th: 1st round: Winners 1-12 get their PM. You have four days to reply before people below you on the list may be prioritised.

8th: 2nd round: Winners 13-24 get their PM. You have four days to reply before people below you on the list may be prioritised.

9th: 1st round deadline. 2nd round sorting begins.

11th: 3rd round: Winners 25-38 get their PM. You have four days to reply before people below you on the list may be prioritised.

12th: 2nd round deadline, 3rd round sorting begins

14th: 4th round: Winners 38-48 get their PM. You have four days to reply before people below you on the list may be prioritised.

15th: 3rd round deadline, 4th round sorting begins

21st: Sorting finishes. I will message donors with unclaimed prizes to let them know. This is to hopefully give them enough time to find something to do with the egg :)

So here's how it works:

Since we can PM in groups now, four winners will be messaged in the same message. Please send back your lists as soon as you can. The prizes sorted in order of place in the contest, not by who replies first (as long as you reply wiithin four days). So if winner #6 replied first, their holly would be sorted after winners #1-5 have chosen their prizes, or when the four day deadline is up.

If the four day deadline has passed before someone chooses their prize, they will be sorted immediately.

PMs will be sent to donors when their hollies are chosen. In the messages they will be asked to PM their winner and sort out a time to hand the egg over :)

I hope this makes sense. I'm not the best at explaining things so feel free to ask questions if you have any :)

Here are the final totals:

All together we collected 11 512 olives! :)

Place Participant Total
1 owned by toys 2437
2 InugamiZERO 1193
3 shopfront 984
4 Beefcake 885
5 Javamom 721
6 banban007 581
7 Gryphites 359
8 Sylvanaria 297
9 Aventurine 286
10 topaz08 279
11 goldensunrise 235