The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2017

@wonderwanders2 - Links were broken in the forum upgrade, but posts weren't deleted. I found a post of yours the page before this one. ^^

@The Holly Contest - I have quit DC. Please do not waste anyone's time counting my dragons. I am pulling myself from the contest out of fairness. <3 Good luck to everyone else!

Hey guys, I got messaged by someone wondering if the Holly Contest is still going on.

It is. 

I've been very busy this year with uni and some other personal things, so that, plus just being a procrastinator in general has made it hard to find motivation to get stuff done. I don't have the password for the account at the moment but I have messaged another mod and hopefully will have it and get some stuff done soon.

Sorry I'm so lazy. Please feel free to PM me and ask what's going on :P PMs sent to this account will give me an email alert on my phone and if I'm my computer I usually check straight away, so that is the best way to contact me if you have questions.

Sorry I'm so lazy, I'll try and get this thread up to date over the next week or so.

Everything should be updated to here. If you notice something missing or any mistakes, please let me know.

Thanks for your donations everyone!

@black-shado you've accidentally linked a purple dragon in your post, if you'd like to make a new post with the correct dragon that would be great :) Thank you :)

If anyone has changed their username and I haven't figured it out and updated it in the main post, please make a post with your old and new username so I can do that. :) Also if anyone updates their username, please post in the thread with your old and new usernames. :)

Edited by The Holly Contest

sorry if this has been asked before, been mostly inactive on the forum cause been busy with my internship!!

can i post a link to a group on my scroll cause that is how im keeping track of my olives now

On 07/09/2017 at 3:16 AM, Zerhai said:

sorry if this has been asked before, been mostly inactive on the forum cause been busy with my internship!!

can i post a link to a group on my scroll cause that is how im keeping track of my olives now

You sure can :) 

On 1/13/2017 at 7:31 PM, spring_dragon said:

count me in!

mine will be listed on my google spreadsheet on the holly 2017 tab. they will all have HC after their names. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FOY...#gid=1038215489

not sure where i will put them on my scroll yet but my scroll is sorted by breed. but they will probably start on page 2 or 3 (depending on how far behind i am on naming things) after my leetle tree and before my first breed which is currently aeons. https://dragcave.net/user/spring_dragon

i haven't collected any yet.

i need to update my info! 

i have put them all in this public group:  https://dragcave.net/group/26844

i have stopped adding them to the spreadsheet.  

they start on the 1st or 2nd page of my scroll (depending on how far behind i am on naming).  

they all still have HC after their names.  

Even though I have collected over 100 of them (at the beginning of the year XD), I no longer wish to participate, and out of fairness to the other competitors, I am withdrawing my entry. Good luck to everyone else. Maybe next year real life won't get in the way and I'll do better. =]

ynS4drM.png

Scroll.

Qualifying dragons will be listed at the end of my scroll with "17" in their names. ^_^

Number of dragons needed: 15

Number of dragons left: 14

Current Olives count: 

0 frozen hatchlings

1 adult dragons

0 hatchlings *

0 egg(s) *

* Non-qualifying, listing to keep track for myself

Edited by QueenErica

On 03/10/2017 at 3:12 AM, Wahya said:

I'm up to 123 :)

Sorry I haven't updated in so long!

You say that like I've been doing updates well, lol.

Although I think I've been doing pretty well since I started again, after the big break, but I haven't been posting so I have no proof. Lol

Cause I've been updating just one or two posts at a time and it's like, this is just a mini update, it doesn't really need acknowledgement, but now I see the value in posting when you update.

I wasn't sure where I'd updated to, haha XD

Updated to here.

Hello, I'd love to participate! Well it sure is a late start. ^^"" My scroll is here.

I'd love to showcase them by sorting them into a group. It'll be here?

On 10/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, The Holly Contest said:

You say that like I've been doing updates well, lol.

Although I think I've been doing pretty well since I started again, after the big break, but I haven't been posting so I have no proof. Lol

Cause I've been updating just one or two posts at a time and it's like, this is just a mini update, it doesn't really need acknowledgement, but now I see the value in posting when you update.

I wasn't sure where I'd updated to, haha XD

Updated to here.

No worries! I hadn't noticed, lol! I've been kind of AFK from DC (well, from the forums at least!) for a little bit :P

I am not updating my doc any more and I'm behind on naming, but I am keeping my group up to date. :)

It currently contains 188 dragons. (some are eggs and hatchlings but they'll only take a week or so to grow. ;))

Gahhhhh. Huge unplanned hiatus from DC this year. Life is mean sometimes. I'm doing my best to catch up but my number is going to be pitifully low this year. I'm still donating though!

Edit: oh man. I really was gone forever. I've disappeared from the entrants and the prizes list. Should I repost what eggs I'm offering? I'll put all my 2017 Olives into a group and post the link to make counting easier. 

Edit 2: I remember why I wasn't entered! And now I feel especially bad x.x same question about my prize donations tho'.

Edited by Lurhstaap

On 07/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, Xasora said:

I am really late, but I would like to join this year.

https://dragcave.net/user/xasora

My scroll is sorted by breed.

Sure :) Updated

On 15/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Zeditha said:

I am not updating my doc any more and I'm behind on naming, but I am keeping my group up to date. :)

It currently contains 188 dragons. (some are eggs and hatchlings but they'll only take a week or so to grow. ;))

Took the link to your doc out and added some notes. :)

On 17/11/2017 at 5:44 PM, Lurhstaap said:

Gahhhhh. Huge unplanned hiatus from DC this year. Life is mean sometimes. I'm doing my best to catch up but my number is going to be pitifully low this year. I'm still donating though!

Edit: oh man. I really was gone forever. I've disappeared from the entrants and the prizes list. Should I repost what eggs I'm offering? I'll put all my 2017 Olives into a group and post the link to make counting easier. 

Edit 2: I remember why I wasn't entered! And now I feel especially bad x.x same question about my prize donations tho'.

I haven't removed any participants (unless they asked) or prize donations and I can't see any posts by you in this thread so I'm a bit confused about why you think I've removed them (althought I'm going to be PMing all donators soon to check they are still donating, and removing ones that don't respond soonish).

If this sounds rude please know that I don't mean it in a rude way at all, it's just hard to obviously not try and be rude in my tone over the internet. Like I 100% don't mean this in a rude way, but I can't think of a way to phrase it that it doesn't sound a bit rude, so I'm really sorry if I sound rude.

I guess you don't remember but you're a moderator and you should have the password (I'm not sure what it is but I'm going to find it and PM it to you) so you can just add in your donations to the list yourself :)

I had a brief worry that I'd been gone so long that I'd been wiped from all kinds of stuff for inactivity. Just anxiety. And then I remembered I had been supposed to be modding and went OH yeah duh that's why I never entered this year, which is why I felt extra bad! No rudeness at all on your part, just me being confused and dumb. :P

And that I shall do!

14 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

I had a brief worry that I'd been gone so long that I'd been wiped from all kinds of stuff for inactivity. Just anxiety. And then I remembered I had been supposed to be modding and went OH yeah duh that's why I never entered this year, which is why I felt extra bad! No rudeness at all on your part, just me being confused and dumb. :P

And that I shall do!

Mods are allowed to participate :) just total checkers aren't allowed to participate. If you think you can get 15, go for it :P

I am not dead, but this has been a busy year. I don't know if I'll go back to actively chasing hollies by Christmas. But I did have a small slew when I went inactive, so a late push might be a thing.

ETA: Just sorted my scroll by breed and counted: I'm at 72.

Edited by Somercy

6 hours ago, Somercy said:

I am not dead, but this has been a busy year. I don't know if I'll go back to actively chasing hollies by Christmas. But I did have a small slew when I went inactive, so a late push might be a thing.

ETA: Just sorted my scroll by breed and counted: I'm at 72.

Updated.

Remember the last grown up date on that is allowed is December 1st, after that we'll be total checking

Edit:

Hi everyone.

I've just finished messaging all the lovely people who offered to donate a holly offspring as a prize to check that their egg will still be available. This is to ensure that no one misses out due to a donator going inactive. :) Thanks to those who have replied already :) :) I'm working on a timeline for how the month will run, and will be posting that very soon.

Edited by The Holly Contest

I am still donating but my phone is being a huge pain about logging out and into another forum account. Gahhhhh. I'll do my best to get onto a computer before the 1st!

Also, somehow I managed to get 20. XD last minute hustle.

Answered your PM. Would also like to volunteer my scroll if someone wants an alternative prize instead of a Holly. About the only things I don't have are a CB prize or a CB female silver but I can breed some nice things. :)