The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2017

Good luck to everyone who's entering the contest! I'll just sit on the sidelines and leave random trades with my Olive offspring, may they help whomever is trying to win the contest. <3

3 2nd gen Olive Eggs!

I will be donating the eggs of the following Hollies this year:

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Aibou Zek x CB Mate from Wiz!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Wynterberri Zek x CB Mate from Wiz! Winner may name mate if they wish.

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Honourable Lady of Zek x CB Mate from Wiz! Winner may name mate if they wish.

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Fortuitous Fate Zek x CB Mate from Wiz!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from MerriZek x CB Mate from Wiz!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Jacodk Thoumj Thuwed Zek x CB Mate from Wiz!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Rory the Roman Zek x CB Mate from Wiz!

The 2017 Holly Offspring from Wondrous Holly Zek x CB Mate from Wiz!

All default mates continue the lineage pattern. If you wish a different mate then a PM must be sent as soon as your selection is confirmed. I reserve the right to refuse a choice of mate if it results in a messy or inbred egg.

I do have more I can donate if needed wink.gif

Edited by Wiz

I will participate this year have as I been thinking about it for a while.

for the event a my olives will be near the top of my scroll below the growing hatchling/unnamed adults, with the surname: Olive us

https://dragcave.net/user/black-shado

Will also donate some holly's from the following parents:

7th gen Holly x Purple

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eTR9W

7th gen Holly x Winter Seasonal

https://dragcave.net/lineage/AVlEd

Edited by black-shado

I'd love to join in on the contest.

Smoke_Thief: Current reported total 0

Join month/Minimum limit: January/40

Scroll, Musty Holly, they'll be located at the end of my scroll.

Edited by Smoke_Thief

I join because i love Olives and this will keep me on track to get more Olives.

Olives will be sorted on top of my scroll over my Aeon Wyverns. Now they are collected in a highlighted group on my scroll. The only group that is highlighted!

My scroll

Placeholder for my donation for the contest.^^

Edited by Tigerkralle

I'll join! Scroll

Olives will be at the top of my scroll, underneath my GoN, with the surname Olea.

Current Total: 71 biggrin.gif

Edited by wingedcat

Woooo, Olives! They're one of my favourite breeds smile.gif

I think I will finally decide to join; will it be ok if I don't particularly like Hollies (their sprites never appealed to me and I don't have the patience for holiday lineages), but want a different prize instead?

If not, I'd like to participate anyway smile.gif I think I might start work on an EG PB Olive lineage!

My scroll is here. I plan to name all 2017 Olives with '2017' in their names, and then breed-sort my scroll when it comes to checking time.

Woooo, Olives! They're one of my favourite breeds smile.gif

I think I will finally decide to join; will it be ok if I don't particularly like Hollies (their sprites never appealed to me and I don't have the patience for holiday lineages), but want a different prize instead?

If not, I'd like to participate anyway smile.gif I think I might start work on an EG PB Olive lineage!

My scroll is here. I plan to name all 2017 Olives with '2017' in their names, and then breed-sort my scroll when it comes to checking time.

Yes, you're allowed to opt for an alternate prize. But note, we don't really know how to do the alternate prizes. There's still two people waiting for alternate prizes from last year, and the one that got a prize was kind of a lucky coincidence.

So I'm not really sure if we'll change it to take out alternate prizes or not. It seems unlikely, but might happen so just keep that in mind smile.gif

I'm so excited seeing the Olive love. I'm gonna add a few more just so I can have lovelies to breed. And I'll give them all stories because I've made this "pact" I'd only ever have TWO of them, and now I can think of a story/RP reason to add a few more and make descriptions on them all. How much fun! Is there anything in particular the alternative prize people are looking for so maybe I can help with that, or others, or should we contact them directly?

May I also inquire what alternative prize(s) is(are) needed? I'd love to help out if I am able!

I'd like to join!

My scroll.

I currently have one Olive that was caught in 2017. Olives should be around the middle of the last page of my scroll, and will be named (Name) Hollyquest 2017.

I do have a few Hollies myself already; they're not the best lineage, but I could still breed them. And I have a second gen Bronze Shimmerscale, if third gen Shimmers are at all desirable? Just throwing that out there.

Adult/frozen total: 12

Edited by silver_chan

Well, pooh. Ya'll got me convinced to join this year. >_<

My scroll is here: https://dragcave.net/user/SockPuppet%20Strangler and is sorted (mostly) alphabetically (exceptions to P2Ds, holidays, and unbreedables, but olives should still be easy to find in between the n's and p's). I'll be naming my olives this year with the suffix (maybe prefix sometimes) of "Holiveday".

tl;dr My scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/SockPuppet%20Strangler is sorted alphabetically. 2017 Olives will have "Holiveday" in their name.

I can donate a 5th gen holly x aria/pink stair (holly x pink) if people would be interested in such a holly as a prize?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Alright, count me in. >.> My scroll is at https://dragcave.net/user/Somercy and is currently sorted by color, but I may adjust if that separates male and female Olives??

All Olives will be given the ETSN prefix to distinguish them from my ET3 scrollname and that way I could sort by name come December for the totallers.

Current total: 14 named 2017 Olives, 5 unnamed hatchies, 4 eggs

(note: only naming once gendered. All names are based on cultivars of the olive plant. If I run out of those, I'll move on to grape cultivars and varietals.)

Edited by Somercy

count me in!

mine will be listed on my google spreadsheet on the holly 2017 tab. they will all have HC after their names. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FOY...#gid=1038215489

not sure where i will put them on my scroll yet but my scroll is sorted by breed. but they will probably start on page 2 or 3 (depending on how far behind i am on naming things) after my leetle tree and before my first breed which is currently aeons. https://dragcave.net/user/spring_dragon

i haven't collected any yet.

Edited by spring_dragon

Hey everyone! smile.gif

Sorry I have been so busy this week and haven't been able to do much! It was my birthday on Thursday and my party on Friday so a lot was going on! (21st biggrin.gif)

I'll try and get things updated either today or tomorrow, and I'll PM people about alternate prizes too. Thanks so much for offering to help with those! smile.gif

I'll get around to doing things soon I promise. I just need a little rest from this week. smile.gif haha

I'll be watching the thread for questions as much as I can, and feel free to PM me here on my account if you have questions, because I'm more likely to see them faster there than PM'd to this account.

~AppleMango

Hey everyone! smile.gif

Sorry I have been so busy this week and haven't been able to do much! It was my birthday on Thursday and my party on Friday so a lot was going on! (21st biggrin.gif)

I'll try and get things updated either today or tomorrow, and I'll PM people about alternate prizes too. Thanks so much for offering to help with those! smile.gif

I'll get around to doing things soon I promise. I just need a little rest from this week. smile.gif haha

I'll be watching the thread for questions as much as I can, and feel free to PM me here on my account if you have questions, because I'm more likely to see them faster there than PM'd to this account.

~AppleMango

Aw, happy birthday! smile.gif