The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2017

I already feel like I'm way behind for no good reason. BUT! I do have my 40.

I'm still collecting Olives but I want to know how the heck Predator jumped from like having 90 to having 140 o.o rip the 2nd gen Holly for me but I swear if someone requests the 2nd gen with the Xenowyrm mate I will be ticked

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

^ Catching 10 CB Golds in the past week and trading them. I have a little over 700 Olives coming my way. Since I am not raising the eggs myself, I can get more in a small amount of time. I usually only take the Hatchlings when they're under 5 days as well so they grow up quickly. I am determined! Believe it or not, I'm behind someone though... but I'll catch up to them in no time! xd.png

Edit; However, if I can trade for a 2G Holly with my CB Gold catching instead, I may end my collecting early to give other people a chance. In that case, I'll send my 700~ Olives to someone free of charge just to help them out. Probably you Dalek since I like you. ^^

Edited by predatorfan4ever

^ Catching 10 CB Golds in the past week and trading them. I have a little over 700 Olives coming my way. Since I am not raising the eggs myself, I can get more in a small amount of time. I usually only take the Hatchlings when they're under 5 days as well so they grow up quickly. I am determined! Believe it or not, I'm behind someone though... but I'll catch up to them in no time! xd.png

Edit; However, if I can trade for a 2G Holly with my CB Gold catching instead, I may end my collecting early to give other people a chance. In that case, I'll send my 700~ Olives to someone free of charge just to help them out. Probably you Dalek since I like you. ^^

O.o are you sure xd.png I can just imagine freezing a little of half of those Olives. If I'm being honest, I have been catching a lot of rares as well, just not CB Gold dry.gif I have also getting Cheese dragons from generous people ^.^

Hey guys, I know I said I'd be able to do an update after my exam tomorrow, but my internet at home won't be working well until the 12th, so I actually won't be able to until then. (It got shaped so it's barely working.)

My boyfriend and I are at the library at the moment so I'm just letting you all know, since I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to get on is. smile.gif

You're free to update your total as much as you'd like throughout the year, but only once between updates is preferable, so I don't have to fix your total more than once in the same update.

Also, please don't edit posts before updates if you want me to see them. Thanks smile.gif (which shouldn't be a problem at the moment since the last update was forever ago. Sorry!)

38 total (including eggs, since I'm not going to get rid of them)

Personal note for ease of counting: 27 Olives are before Zanfik. 34 are before Oncap.

(Both of these are Aeons.)

I wish I had something useful I could put for trade! If I had someone else doing the catching and egg-raising for me, I'd get so many more Olives xd.png

I guess I'll keep trying to make NDs xd.png

I have placed all of my Olives in a Google Doc: smile.gif

I am no longer naming them Olive You 2K17 #.

Total on the front page is accurate at all times. I update it as soon as new Olives hit my scroll.

Yes I would like to join the 40 Olive Apocalypse for a Holly!

I would also be wiling to breed my hollies but I have no CB one. I have a pretty 6G stairstep but my lowest gen, a 4G, is messy. If I can get a gift better than what I can give... awesome!

scroll linky: Olives are currently on page 9, autosorted by breed.

https://dragcave.net/user/wonderwanders

My Olives: Current Total: 17

Holly Challenge 1 grew up 01/29/2017

Holly Challenge 2

Holly Challenge 3

Holly Challenge 4

Copper Olive 2

Holly Challenge 6

Holly Challenge 7

Holly Challenge 8

Holly Challenge 9

Holly Challenge 10

Holly Challenge 11

Holly Challenge 12

Holly Challenge 13

Holly Challenge 14

Holly Challenge 15

Holly Challenge 16

Holly Challenge 17

Edited by wonderwanders2

48 Olives currently on scroll.

I'm considering creating a google doc for these guys, listing lineages and my personal goal to reach 10th gen of PB EG Olives where I own every dragon in the lineage. wink.gif

It's definitely a lot of CB-collecting - I think I need 512 CBs xd.png

I'm going to sound like a commercial here for a second, lol...

Struggling to keep up on olive collection or feeling uninspired to pick up more olives? Don't want to have to wait for December to see if you earn a prize for all the olive collecting you've been doing? Well, the Common Collector's Competition is back for March - and olive is one of the breeds for this month! If you don't know, CCC is a chance to earn rares in exchange for collecting common's each month. And they've instituted a minimum requirement of collector's for each scroll level. Since we're collecting olives, anyway, maybe we can help them meet this minimum level of participants? And possibly earn a rare in return. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I shall join!

Scroll Link: Here

Sorted with Rainbow Sort

I don't have any olives yet... but this will change!

I finally reached 40 olives collected blink.gif

I lost steam and stopped collecting them for a bit since I was trading them out, but I'm back to collecting them for myself. xd.png

I'd like to enter wink.gif When I took part in 2015 contest, I wasn't able to collect my reward because my computer broke [*] but hopefully that won't happen again haha tongue.gif

Gryphites: 10

March/?

Scroll - at the end of the scroll (all contest olives will be unnamed)

Edited by Gryphites

I made a doc!

It lists all dragons from 2017; most of them are, and will be, from my personal lineage.

Experimenting on blockers and offering the resulting NDs for CB Olive hatchies seems to be an effective strategy xd.png

I'll join :3 Currently ripping my hair out because of the lunar herald lineage I'm working on but I think I can fit this in as well, haha.

I'll be keeping them on page two of my scroll and I'll mark them with '17 at the end of their name if they're part of the contest. https://dragcave.net/user/Braviary123

I'll just say the minimum to qualify is 40 until the total for March is put in the thread.

Amount of Olives: 7 (hatchlings included)

I think I got it all...

Edited by braviary123

Dang, I've almost beat last year's Storm count already. Including eggs and hatchies, I've got 70 Olives on my scroll. Last year I joined late, and only managed to grab about 80 Storms.