TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

If the good-doing 'glitch' was 'fixed' why the items-on-tables wasn't then:( and the too many hitboxes of certain items(okay, some were fixed e.g. the Ice Lamp, but some still are strangely hitboxed) or the items being in the middle of the square instead lined to its bottom... ehh... why fix sth that was good while not fixing what would benefit from fixing?sad.gif I'd like to at least put a table lamp onto my table and now I can't... While I could have...

Edited by VixenDra

Apparently that Backspace method was the glitch sad.gif

Really? How disappointing. sad.gif

I can't place items along the far right walls of any room, but it worked perfectly fine yesterday. It stopped working the same time they fixed the wonderful glitch that caused good things lol. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't been able to play the event yet and I only have like a day left. Does anyone know how long it takes to complete all the quests? I need to rush through it.

Not too long. Probably doable within an hour. Collecting all the furniture is the real time taker but should still be doable within an hour or two.

Thanks! smile.gif

Edited by xXLatiasxXxLatiosXx

I haven't been able to play the event yet and I only have like a day left. Does anyone know how long it takes to complete all the quests? I need to rush through it.

Not too long. Probably doable within an hour. Collecting all the furniture is the real time taker but should still be doable within an hour or two.

I'm sad to see stuff I placed on the squares to the sides of the entrance(door) disappear after it's been there for a while... I had to change the concept because today things won't stay there anymore if I put them in the way I'd put them 2(?) days ago...

also what happened to that awesome 'glitch' that allowed to actually put plushies and lamps on tables? (put the square where you want the item to be->open the item list and choose your item->enter->del->backspace->done!; I'm not sure if enter and del were necessary but it worked and that was enough for me - but today I needed to change the table and now I can't place the plushies back onto the new table anymore:() Did the keys change or it's been 'fixed' completely(I mean it's not a fix if it's been 'fixed':( the 'glitch' was a fix actually!)?

I somehow managed to place 1 plushie but I can't place the other one...

Yeah, the plushies should have been allowed to stay on the tables that way we'd have more room on the floor for other stuff

Although I haven't collected all the items available, I think my house is pretty much done. I've replayed many of the mini games several times each day and have thoroughly enjoyed this year's event, and will be sad to see it end. Thank you to everyone involved! biggrin.gif

I've seen a few people in the show your house thread have put a carpet in front of their front door. I want to too, but don't particularly want to risk the glitch that kicks people out of their houses. Can anyone confirm that this does not happen with the carpet?

That's it. I give up. I have spent waaaaaaaay too much time recollecting items and repositioning them in my house only to have them all disappear as soon as I go look for new eggs. mad.gif

Everything was fine the first 2 days. Then on day 3, I check in to find EVERYTHING was gone - the storyline, the extras, the decorations... gone. Over the last 4 days, I have had to go back and sled till my eyes bled to get it all back. I have set my house up wicked cool. All just to have it go poof! ohmy.gif

I second the gripes about the lamps, dragons, etc no longer being positional on other objects - it was a useful option. Too bad its gone. And the problems with not being able to place items against walls properly, yet being able to have rugs extend beyond the walls was maddening.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Here's hoping its better next year...

I spent ages sledding... and he stopped giving me gifts... I'm guessing I don't have any more to get I don't know...

at any rate I really enjoyed the game.

I spent ages sledding... and he stopped giving me gifts... I'm guessing I don't have any more to get I don't know...

at any rate I really enjoyed the game.

Yes, no longer receiving anything is the sign that you've gotten all the items. :3

Finally, I finished decorating my house. laugh.gif Thank you for everyone involved making this awesome game! I enjoyed it a lot. happy.gif

I've seen a few people in the show your house thread have put a carpet in front of their front door. I want to too, but don't particularly want to risk the glitch that kicks people out of their houses. Can anyone confirm that this does not happen with the carpet?

I have had items (the medium light blue rug and medium green rug in particular) in front of my door and on the spaces to each side, but only when they're arranged vertically instead of horizontally. Since they don't overlap that way I removed them. Mostly I'm irritated that the rugs glitch so that your last put down one ISN'T on top when you exit and re-enter the house - I want a yellow "carpet" with a dark blue rug but every time I exit or refresh the page, the blue one gets buried under the mass of yellow ones again sad.gif

Just checking, are the icons supposed to disappear after you've finished the story quest? I only started the event yesterday, did the mail and story quest, but now all the icons are gone and I can't tick off the remaining quests.

Edit: I caught six cats but the dragon keeps saying the same. None other cats on the map. What am I missing? One was hiding in a tree xd.png

Edited by Mirhana

Finally got every item! Whoo!

And yes, the icons are supposed to disappear because you can repeat them again and again- ticking off would be meaningless.

It seems that if I click on the badge it redirected me to a blank page and the link shows only "holidays16" (without dc's link as prefix). I'm wondering if it is intended and will be changed after the event ended?

It seems that if I click on the badge it redirected me to a blank page and the link shows only "holidays16" (without dc's link as prefix). I'm wondering if it is intended and will be changed after the event ended?

My current theory is that it will lead us to the houses that we decorated after the event ends. smile.gif

Edited by SkyWolf25

How do you know if you've received all of the items? I'm no longer getting compensated for completing the mini-quests, and I'm not sure if I've gotten everything or if it's just a glitch...

How do you know if you've received all of the items? I'm no longer getting compensated for completing the mini-quests, and I'm not sure if I've gotten everything or if it's just a glitch...

pretty sure that means you have all the items

@Shadowflame you should be able to rotate them with Q and E ~

@ Sonnenblumen you know when you got all the items when no one from quests gives you anymore items~

All items~

user posted image

Is today the last day of the event?

A fix happened that removes even rugs from the 3 blocks at the door ~ no items go there anymore so no one would get stuck outside of their home wink.gif

my poor blue rug ;_;

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Some can, some can't. when you are editing, click on the piece and hit Q or E. If it's one that should rotate - if you're lucky. it will.

WoLfgIrLyS - that chart of yours isn't 100%, as TJ confirmed, in effect, when I asked why I didn't have a few of the things on it. I believe the list in the wiki now ALMOST is - it shows 287, and I have one more that they don't show. (I THOUGHT I had 289, but cannot face counting again !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

A fix happened that removes even rugs from the 3 blocks at the door ~ no items go there anymore so no one would get stuck outside of their home wink.gif

my poor blue rug ;_;

That 'fix' ruined my awesome(to me) right corner of the middle room:( Still, I could somehow place a couch faced to the right on that square (but I couldn't place a table horizontally - this is what got removed by the 'fix' and what I can't re-do no matter how I tried) the previous arrangement was better eh...

Still no new way to put a table lamp or a toy on a table?