TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

This thread will probably be closed soon, so just want to peek in to say thank you again to TJ and all the spriters who worked on this fabulous game!

Thanks again to TJ and the fabulous spriters who created this game! It was amazingly awesome and fun! I can't wait to see what you do next year. biggrin.gif I REALLY like these story-based RPG pixel games like this. <3 And that you included minigames in it as well and had decorating the house (albeit buggy but this was a good first try!) in the actual game was EVEN MORE FABULOUS. WOWZA! Hats off to y'all and a round of applause! <3

I hope the coding is still being tweaked and worked on because I really wanna see my finished house again. D: I never got to do one of the decorating games that others did and I really wanna have the efforts of my labors being saved and preserved for all to see in the years to come. <3 Please???

I know I saved a good screenshot but I really want to see it also on my scroll by having a link there to it. :3 <3 Thank yoooou! <3

Now for the laborious organizing of my scroll after all the new releases I slacked off on and the holiday dragons too before the Valentine's Day dragons come... OTL. Yeesh! (We really need a better and more efficient way of doing it for those with many dragons like me, rather than the infinity scroll...)

Good luck to y'all. smile.gif

Before this closes, I want to thank TJ and the rest of the site staff and sprite artists for the event. Wonderful job, as always.

Viewable houses will come eventually™. Don't worry.

Thanks, TJ. It was a great game, and I loved my house so much. I really want to be able to see it again, so thanks.

thankyou, that is good to know smile.gif thankyou to everyone involved in making this such a fun event.

i'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's houses. i just wish we could keep on playing, and maybe donate spare furniture to perl and bill and galys, and all the other rather bare houses.

i loved the quest and the mini games, especially herding cats and sledding laugh.gif

It's over? Darn. Hope it becomes playable in some way again! It was great ^-^

A big thank you to everyone involved for the wonderful game! It was lots of fun, the graphics were beautiful and the music was SO AWESOME. Especially the one in the southern part of the tropical island (forgot its name already), both in the jungle and on the plains. I have a soft spot for this kind of retro video game music. <3

I'm also glad that we will be able to view our houses from the badge! I took a screenshot of mine yesterday just to make sure, but it will be much more comfortable to share like this.

Before this closes, just want to say that despite the initial glitchiness (or actually, once the initial glitchiness was rectified and patched), this little game was quite fun. Thanks much, spriters and TJ!

Can we have a kitchen next year? I need a bigger house!

It was definitely fun. Thanks again.

NICE one. More rooms every year. Yes please smile.gif

Thanks everyone to everyone who made the game!

Thanks to every one involved. TJ, Spriters, Event Coordinators, Contributors, Players themselves, every one! The game was pretty cool, even though I never really got a chance to play it 'cause of sucky internet. But all-in-all, this was a great Christmas for me. Better than my RL Christmas!

Thanks, everyone, again!

wub.gif

wub.gif Okay, waiting until it is done.

So there was no credits rolling like last year. Or did that happen in the last moments of this event?

So it was not possible to put the table lamps on the tables... sad.gif That would have been perfect for my house. Hopefully nothing messed up my house when i left it. And i forgotten to take a screenshot of my house. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for this game to all who made it possible!

TIGER will return!

Will this be added to the previous year's game site? smile.gif

Oh that would be wonderful!

I'm so glad we will be able to see our houses (eventually). I took so many screenshots, but seeing it from my scroll is just another layer of awesome.

That would be great! Then we could go on redecorating our houses. smile.gif

I'm really bummed out I didn't manage to get all the furniture for the game... I wanted the deer head D:

I got a couple items that went missing (the art nouveau bed specifically) and some of the ones that were duplicates that eventually got pulled (the dragon plushes). Not sure if this was the overall factor in not getting everything.

(That and missing on the first day when the dog quest was added late in the day)

Despite that, I still like how my house ended up so I'll be happy to see it again!

Thanks everyone involved for the hard work you put into drawing, spriting, coding, writing, debugging (on the fly) and impromptu QAs!

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

there is a game site for previous years event!!!

how come i didn't know about this, someone send me a link please xd.png

I also want to send my thanks to everyone who worked so hard to give us such a fun event,

looking forward for next years biggrin.gif

there is a game site for previous years event!!!

how come i didn't know about this, someone send me a link please xd.png

Here's the thread for it:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173226

Note how part of the game link says "ep0" like "episode 0" as if they already knew back then that there would be more to come! laugh.gif

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful event! wub.gif I had so much fun decorating my house and looking forward to the quest and the new furniture made my rather dreary Christmas a lot more fun than it would have been otherwise. smile.gif