TJ09

2016-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

So it's the blue-winded window for the nest 11h right now or not? the blue are the day results and the pink are the night results, right? (I mean the DC time)

If that's the case now I either need to find sb who still has their CB a perma-enraged Aegis and Solstice not bred this year and willing to trade OR sacrifice my CBs and have unnamed parents... if an enraged Aegis is released, does it keep its enraged form or looses it and goes into default?

On my scroll, I keep a frozen Nocturne hatchie at the top. That way I can see when it's night/day. But for anyone using the default skin (which I can't) - look at the CLOCK ! It will ALWAYS tell you what window you are in.

Sorry, I have no enraged Aegis and I've bred both my solstices. (Actually I may have bred both my Aegises, come to think.) I haven't by any means bred everything though...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yeah. Unless I'm doing a lot of personal breeding projects that year and trying to stagger the eggs/hatchies to allow myself room to AP hunt and trade as well, I don't even breed until Christmas Eve/Day, except for a few things into the AP when the season opens out of sheer excitement. xd.png So come Christmas Day there will be HUGE floods of people breeding, both just for their own purposes and specifically to breed into the AP. The vast majority of my Christmas dragons will be bred directly to the AP, for instance, and I know most of my other friends who play are planning the same.

I have a question. Is there such a thing as blue-winged CB Solstice dragons?

No, the blue wings were a surprise the next year... and every Solstice had blue wings. It was only after people protested that we got the sunrise wings back.

I can't keep these times straight. Is it currently rosy wing breeding?

Yep. 6:00 PM to 5:59 AM is rosy, and 6:00 AM to 5:59 PM is blue.

Well, the Snow Angels have receded, but it's Ribbon Dancers now.

Is it just me or are Wrappingwings unusually uncommon this year? At first I thought I just was happening not to see them so much but at this point it's become really noticeable.

Well, the Snow Angels have receded, but it's Ribbon Dancers now.

Is it just me or are Wrappingwings unusually uncommon this year? At first I thought I just was happening not to see them so much but at this point it's become really noticeable.

I was just thinking the same. The breeding seems to be almost planned in waves but I did not see any topic about that massbreeding so I'm assuming that is just a coincidence.

Actually, I saw a bunch of Wrapping-Wings in the AP, not sure when, but I think during the cave night-time. Afterwards, very few, even if there are quite more of them than Solstices, Mistletoes or Aegis. No idea if there is any correlation with the fact that the WW were released on 2012 and the limits on catching previous years holidays were lifted on 2013.

Whoo! I managed this year to catch two clean-lineaged Hollies, one of the Dorkface variety (it'll make my third Dorkface Holly), and the other being a Thuwed! Plus, two slots for the new eggs! biggrin.gif So happy here!

Also, what's all this talk about Rosy Winged Solstices? That's something new that I've heard.

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Also, what's all this talk about Rosy Winged Solstices? That's something new that I've heard.

CB solstices all had rosy wings. Then, next year all bred solstices had blue wings. People protested and so both versions were made available - solstices bred during the day got blue wings, solstices bred at night got red wings.

The S2 hatchlings all had blue-winged sprites last year. This year, it has been changed so that solstices which will have rosy wings in adulthood show a rosy-winged hatchie sprite as well.

That's all I know, there may be some other development I missed, but I don't think so.

I eagerly await for Santa Dragonclaws to drop off my Two-Headed Holly egg. That or the Easter Dragonbunny may also "hide" this egg somewhere I can find it with a bit of searching.

I'm sorry, but at this point, I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to get the Two-Headed Holly Dragon until I get mine first. Because unlike Jon Snow, I know things.

Does anyone else feel like they pick up too many eggs to just put them back? I think I've gotten to that too picky stage, must be pretty EG .s.

is there a limit on cb christmas drag?

2CB like always with Christmas, unlimited bred dragons.

This is my first Christmas on dragcave but is it usually this hard to get Aegis dragons in the AP? It's almost all ribbon dancers, Yulebucks, wrapping wings and almost no Mistletoes, Solstice and Holly and I haven't seen a single aegis

This is my first Christmas on dragcave but is it usually this hard to get Aegis dragons in the AP? It's almost all ribbon dancers, Yulebucks, wrapping wings and almost no Mistletoes, Solstice and Holly and I haven't seen a single aegis

Aegis dragons were only released last year, so there are a lot less available compared to other Christmas breeds.

Since this is literally the first year they can even be found in the AP, no. tongue.gif Basically, the ones that are harder to find are either Hollies, which came out first and have few CBs left owned by active players, or else the ones released in the last three years (Solstice, Mistletoe, and Aegis). This is always true.

Edited by Lurhstaap

if an enraged Aegis is released, does it keep its enraged form or looses it and goes into default?

If I'm correct, the Aegis keeps its enraged form until you use the pacify action on it, which only becomes available after you've used the enrage action on the dragon. I haven't used enraged yet, but that's how I interpret the information on the wiki

Once used, the action's name will change to "Pacify"- if this reversed action is used, the Aegis dragon is returned to normal. "Pacify" can only be used when all dead eggs, hatchlings or adults on a user's scroll are gone. An Aegis dragon will remain in its Enraged form indefinitely, until the user decides to use "Pacify" on it.

I do wonder if that applies in the wild though, as the natural form is blue. If I see one with a dud lineage, I'll pick up, and abandon it later to see.

On my scroll, I keep a frozen Nocturne hatchie at the top. That way I can see when it's night/day.

That is an awesome idea and I'm stealing it.

That is an awesome idea and I'm stealing it.

I thought so ! It shall be your Christmas gift from me !

user posted image

(I NEED it; as I live cave time at least 1/3 of the year and UK time the rest - and once I was even in Australia - I manage to keep track rather worse than most biggrin.gif)

Only 14 hours until the Christmas event! I hope the event is cool, and I hope the new dragon will look really nice. Hoping for rich browns and purples

First two aegis have grown up ♡

Also here are the s2 solstices, I know this discussion was pages back.

user posted image vs user posted image

Edited by Asketil