TJ09

2016-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Honestly to me the ratios of breeds are exactly what I expected. Mistletoe is only two years old, after all - there aren't THAT many yet. I've seen as many of everything as I expected. If you just sit and refresh the AP without trying to grab you'll see examples of all of them, including Aegis, go by fairly frequently all things considered. It's just that all but the messy ones go SO fast.

The Snow Angel wall is probably going to stay pretty consistent, though - IMO because people are often pickier about Snow Angels than the other breeds, trying to match to their scroll type.

The ratios have been pretty much what I expected too - although I've probably seen a few less wrapping wings than I would have thought. But that could just be me. Mostly I'm loving that hollies are coming and going with reasonable frequency - this is my first year with a lightning fast connection and it's so satisfying to catch them and gift them to newbies the way people did for me way back when biggrin.gif

And people don't forget to influence your Mistletoes! I almost did. ohmy.gif

Thanks!!!! Almost forgot, too rolleyes.gif .

Honestly to me the ratios of breeds are exactly what I expected. Mistletoe is only two years old, after all - there aren't THAT many yet. I've seen as many of everything as I expected. If you just sit and refresh the AP without trying to grab you'll see examples of all of them, including Aegis, go by fairly frequently all things considered. It's just that all but the messy ones go SO fast.

The Snow Angel wall is probably going to stay pretty consistent, though - IMO because people are often pickier about Snow Angels than the other breeds, trying to match to their scroll type.

I'm a sucker for the Snow Angels and Winter Magi dragons. I love seeing the lineages people have come up with. I wish the breeding time lasted longer. Like a week and a half. Or that during the holidays the number of eggs you can have on your scroll increases. So like instead of gold trophy holders' 7 egg limit, it'll go up to like 9 or 10.

I'm shocked that I managed to catch two Holly eggs. One of them is incredibly messy (I kept it because I need to freeze some babies this holiday season) but the other one is shockingly pretty. A fifth gen spiral with Horse dragons! Not a combo I ever would have thought of, but I really like it.

Edited by silver_chan

My first dragons has grown up! Grabbing my second batch of Holidays right now. Also just bred my Aegises, and I'm starting to worry that those two bred eggs will be the only Aegises I get this year. They go by so fast in the AP!

Got all the ones I need for freezing, now just have to wait for them to hatch out and, in some cases, gender.

I just got 2 more Aegides off the AP!

I guess everyone wanted that one Holly in the corner, so no one clicked the Aegis eggs smile.gif

how can people already go for the sec batch, mine havent even hatched yet I did incubate them but still thats fast and i took them the moment the event started.

Loving these dragons btw!!

how can people already go for the sec batch, mine havent even hatched yet I did incubate them but still thats fast and i took them the moment the event started.

It's a few hours (four) past breeding began two days ago. Are you sure you grabbed yours when the event started (remember, DC time is Eastern time)? It doesn't look like it to me. o.o I didn't grab mine right away (took me an hour or two after breeding started) and mine have still had time to hatch - even having to ER them for a short bit.

Wait, is it possible to influence the Christmas dragons, or are they all one gender? Mine won't let me. :?

Wait, is it possible to influence the Christmas dragons, or are they all one gender? Mine won't let me. :?

Only hollies and (bred) mistletoes can be either gender.

Only hollies and (bred) mistletoes can be either gender.

Oh, okay, thank you for the info! ^^ Nice that I don't have to worry about influencing the ones I have.

As Sock says, most Christmas dragons are only one sex. Yulebucks, Winter Magi, Wrappingwings, and Aegis are exclusively male. Snow Angels, Ribbon Dancers, Solstices, and CB Mistletoes are exclusively female. CB Hollies were originally exclusively male, but due to the old (no longer existing) raffle sometimes having HMs, a handful of female CB Hollies exist. In general, though, CB Hollies are male.

Based on the pattern of past releases, this year's new CB Christmas dragon will also be male, since the Aegis are male, and the two releases before Aegis were both female (as CBs, at least). Christmas dragons alternate every two years, so two males, then two females, et cetera. It's possible that TJ will choose to break the pattern this year, but it seems very, very unlikely after so many years of consistently following it.

Bred Hollies and Mistletoes can be influenced, and should be, to avoid misgendering woes - especially tragic with Hollies! But otherwise, your pinks can take a break during the event. xd.png

BTW, the same is true of Valentine's dragons, except they switch off every year. Original Valentines, Arsani, Rosebuds, and Heartstealings are female. Mutamores, Radiant Angels, Heartseekers, and Sweetlings are male. Since the Mutamores are male, the next Valentine's CB will almost certainly be female.

EDIT: Unsure why Halloween dragons don't follow this pattern - maybe due to the general 'grab everything you possibly can' theme of Halloween? But all Halloweens come in both sexes like normal.

Edited by Lurhstaap

its so hard to get ones hands on a ribbon dancer without a messy lineage or bred with ANOTHER holiday (only useful once or twice a year).

Edited by blockEdragon

Yeah, this is the first I'm trying to hunt for holidays that have been bred with normals. It's not easy for the Aegis as well. I'm glad I bred mine with normal ones smile.gif

I do have one exception for the Wrapping Wing. I had one combined with an Arsani. This is one couple I'll keep. All others are (going to be) combined with normal ones so that anyone can continue with the lineage. smile.gif

Anyone else experiencing extreme lag and Bad Gateway errors? I went to try to influence my eggs (d'oh!) and can't get in :'(

Edit: finally got in and was able to influence, but I'm still getting lag.

Edited by PaintdGryphon

EDIT: Unsure why Halloween dragons don't follow this pattern - maybe due to the general 'grab everything you possibly can' theme of Halloween? But all Halloweens come in both sexes like normal.

And I bless Halloweens for that!

btw I'd prefer MFMFMF alternation for christmas breeds if they are to never start being released of both sexes...

____

The game is lagging to me too...

Edited by VixenDra

Correct me if I'm wrong - I thought refusals didn't matter during their holiday season. I have two pairs of holiday dragons that refused in the past that I thought would be breedable again during the event. o.O

Correct me if I'm wrong - I thought refusals didn't matter during their holiday season. I have two pairs of holiday dragons that refused in the past that I thought would be breedable again during the event. o.O

Are both dragons in the pairs holidays? Have you checked trying to breed from both dragons in the pair? Sometimes one is blocked but the other is not.

Are the Seasonal Winter eggs dropping now?

Yes, they are. I believe the Winter seasonals can be found in both Forest and Alpine. I know it was confirmed by someone this morning that they are dropping in Alpine.

Are both dragons in the pairs holidays? Have you checked trying to breed from both dragons in the pair? Sometimes one is blocked but the other is not.

Odd. Both pairs are Holiday x Gold. From the Holiday's breeding page the mate is rejected and unavailable. But from the mate's page the holiday is available.

Well, as long as it works! Thank you, purplehaze! wub.gif

Dropped a Winter Magi I had caught last night, and managed to snag a Holly in it's place. I'm locked again, until tomorrow morning (before work, thankfully), and I just have to remember that my next batch I need to leave two slots open for the new dragon. This is so much fun! I'm not interested in lineages so I've been throwing back any cool looking ones that I think people might like to continue.