TJ09

2016-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

When it comes to dropping frequency for Xmas breeds, it really depends on the day. People breed different things at different moments. For example, at the beginning of the breeding, there were lots of Snow Angels, Wrapping Wings and Yulebucks (still many out there), then transitioned into a wall Ribbon Dancers later on. For the rest of the dragons, Mistletoes were quite rare at first, as well as Solstices, starting to pop up more and more and now they've become scarce again. Aegides have been dropping occasionally, but they've been uncommon/rare since the start. Winter Magi are somewhere in the middle. Hollies aren't too rare, it's just that they're being grabbed extremely quickly. Persistence is the key here, it might take a while to get what you want but patience will get you more than you think!

The AP is honestly like a big treasure box during holidays. If you can discipline yourself to just keep sifting, you can find some AMAZING stuff. I love it. biggrin.gif

My issue with Aegis has mainly been that when I've been hunting they tend to pop up at the same instant as a Holly... and my brain will freeze for a split instant to decide which to grab for... but of course -any- hesitation is too much and they'll both be gone. xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

The limit will be two, unless we hear differently.

For me, I see Aegis the least, then Holly. I've had a hard time finding any Aegis, let alone the shimmerkin I'm stalking.

Thank you for the reply and what is a shimmerkin?

its a dragon thats has a shimmer parent but is not a shimmer itself

The release is so close, I'm so excited! I wonder what the new dragon's gonna be /v\

Us Adelaide peeps are enjoying the hottest Christmas in the world yay Australia. At least we're ahead of the rest of the world in the way that we get Christmas first 8)

Bred the last of my Christmas dragons and now waiting on the new ones.

Why is the lineage perfect

look at it

Thuweds, alt sweetlings, dorkface, penk, jewel, plus complete with a frillXterra that transforms into terra

Hoh wow, congratulations for getting that holly!

Only a few hours left till the new dragon and event, I'm so excited >w<

Thank you to all who work so hard each year so the this event happen. I look forward to this each year. Wish you and yours the happiest of holidays.

Can't believe it's just three more hours! I've been super sick all day and had to stay home for it but at least that gives me an opportunity to see Xmas dragons early.

Edited by andromedae

*bounces into thread* It's almost here it's almost here!

I won't be able to pick up the new dragon eggs until tomorrow afternoon when I have some eggs hatching and some hatchlings growing up. But I'm looking forward to seeing them! And the event, I wonder what it will be?

Can't believe it's just three more hours! I've been super sick all day and had to stay home for it but at least that gives me an opportunity to see Xmas dragons early.

Aw I'm sorry. We had to cancel our Christmas eve plans too, since my little sister's been running a fever. I hope you feel better soon!

I missed the last few christmas's and almost completely forgot to come back to Dragon Cave on time for this years. x'D I refuse to make that same mistake and get some new holiday CB's lol.

Ah- um... I just posted but what the hey I actually have something somewhat on topic to ask as an excuse to make another post.

Last year I completely missed the Aegis Dragon drop. (Last years xmas dragon.) Are they breedable this year? I haven't seen any in the abandoned cave and i'm wondering if people just can't breed theirs yet, they're only breeding up one egg and no extras to auto abandon, or are they just rare to see in the cave because likely everyone (Like me/in my situation) wants them? I mean- of course I want room for the new eggs... But if they're gonna be dropping for quite a bit even after Christmas, that gives me enough time to replenish previous years dragons before I bother getting a set of the new ones releasing tomorrow. ;3; (It's 7pm on Christmas eve for me, but for those of you reading this on THEIR Christmas day, Merry Christmas! x'D)

Less than 5 hours until the new Christmas Dragons. I can't even imagine what it will be like, but if the new dragons we've had are any indication, the Christmas Dragons will be sensational. I can't wait and I hope my eggs hatch so I'm able to get some tonight.

Last year I completely missed the Aegis Dragon drop. (Last years xmas dragon.) Are they breedable this year? I haven't seen any in the abandoned cave and i'm wondering if people just can't breed theirs yet, they're only breeding up one egg and no extras to auto abandon, or are they just rare to see in the cave because likely everyone (Like me/in my situation) wants them? Merry Christmas! x'D)

I bred both of mine, and both had clutches of eggs, and I was able to grab 2 eggs that someone else bred also. They do seem to be rare though, I think because there are less of them than the other Christmas dragon eggs.

I bred both of mine, and both had clutches of eggs, and I was able to grab 2 eggs that someone else bred also. They do seem to be rare though, I think because there are less of them than the other Christmas dragon eggs.

Understandable seeing this would be their first ever year to be able to breed, given they were new releases last year. I guess i'll just have to keep looking and hope I get lucky, but thank you for killing my suspicions. I was worried I might of just been looking for something that wouldn't pop up. x'D

EDIT: I just saw one but I was too slow and someone already grabbed it, darnit... Doesn't help my nets been slow all night. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

Aw I'm sorry. We had to cancel our Christmas eve plans too, since my little sister's been running a fever. I hope you feel better soon!

Ah, thanks a ton for the get well soon wishes! I hope to feel at least a bit better for tomorrow. Sending good vibes to your younger sister too, indeed getting sick during holidays is the worst!

Understandable seeing this would be their first ever year to be able to breed, given they were new releases last year. I guess i'll just have to keep looking and hope I get lucky, but thank you for killing my suspicions. I was worried I might of just been looking for something that wouldn't pop up. x'D

Good luck and don't give up hope. Some people breed their Christmas dragons on Christmas Day so there should be more of them.

I'm so excited for this event and to see the dragons. Cant it be 9 already??! xd.png

I hate it that we only have one week so many lineages that i want on my scroll and not enough space. dry.gif

Waiting for the Cristamas Dragons! biggrin.gif

i still have quite a lot of dragons left to breed. i bred a pretty even gen holly not long ago, and i have several more 2g holidays to breed. i've bred both my aegis dragons, but lots of others left to breed. just waiting for other eggs to hatch to give me space. i'm trying to catch mistletoes in the ap, but there are so few of them. i'll breed my messy ones near the end of breeding, so they can be last in the ap for people who need things to freeze.