LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

You could also make do with a Lanturn. Even though it's an anglerfish, it has a very dolphin-esque aesthetic if you were to replace the lure with a dorsal fin.

I never thought of Lanturn like that >..>

Also, totally going to get the Toucan. Fruit Loops =O

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

And I'll be upset if there is a dolphin Pokemon, but you know we're both still getting the games anyway. Nintendo don't gotta care about this stuff.

Gonna have my copy from amazon tomorrow! biggrin.gif I'm playing moon. Couldn't afford both.

I pick up mine today. i got 8:41am bus in when i got there was line but the line went petty fast and than got bus back home at 9:39am.

I started the downloaded version of Sun last night, it took nearly an hour to completely download. I stayed awake until nearly 4 am playing the game. I bought a copy of Moon at my Walmart today, so now I'm double SRing Litten. The resets take anywhere between 2 minutes 40 seconds to 3 minutes so hopefully I get it soon tongue.gif.

Omg moon is so amazing!!! xd.png

I got moon today (Gamestop had an enormous stack of them, preordered anyway haha)

I'm currently SRing for an adamant Litten.... it's.... taking some time (the cutscenes leading up to picking add a lot of time).

But, when I get him, his name is going to be "Meowcho Man" xd.png

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I reset my Sun until I got my female kitten. Named her Nyra after the sound a cat makes in manga and stuff. laugh.gif Something like that anyway.

Anyway, the game is just amazing. I can't stop watching the opening.

I made the mistake of ordering my copy from Amazon. Even though it was supposed to come in the mail at 8 PM, it never arrived. Now Amazon says that it's somewhere in shipping limbo.

I got moon today (Gamestop had an enormous stack of them, preordered anyway haha)

I'm currently SRing for an adamant Litten.... it's.... taking some time (the cutscenes leading up to picking add a lot of time).

But, when I get him, his name is going to be "Meowcho Man" xd.png

I was surprised I only had to reset it once to get my female Popplio.

~*~

I've been so busy these past few days and so I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I'm enjoying taking my time and leveling up my team. So far the only solid members in my team are Brionne (sp?) Because Popplio evolved, and my pichu who will hopefully evolve into a Pikachu soon. I want to get me that Surfing Raichu. wub.gif

I'm playing through moon normally (got a female rowlet on the first go!) and I'm using sun to SR for a shiny rowlet <3

I tried ordering my copy of moon off amazon and haven't recieved it yet despite being guaranteed to have it on the 18th.

I'm still really excited to get to play though once I get it smile.gif

Right now my team members I'm keeping to the end will be Vikavolt, Incineroar, and Toucannon.

Gonna try and get the fighting/dragon, and that sassy grass type queen whatever it's called I think for my team too. The haunted sandcastle looks like it has good stats too.

I was going to go with the giant isopod monster but I don't want to run two bug types and I kind of don't like it's ability (of switching out automatically when it's HP gets low)

I haven't gotten very far because I've just done a lot of leveling

So far I've got the grubbin (who managed to be modest, which is great because Vikavolt has nice special attack stats without the boost), litten, pikapek, the little mongoose, butterfree, and rattata. Only three of those are going to stay

And oh man, I love the Rotom dex, that dude is the best.

Right now I'm rocking the team I plan to take to the end. Enkidu the Primarina, Yukari the (hidden ability!) Lurantis, Jade the Salazzle, Mima the Misdreavus (needs Dusk Stone badly), Mayu the (Alolan) Vulpix, and Novaix the Zygarde 10%.

I found it Hilarious how team skull is not taken seriously at all. I was speaking with the first trial captain, when the two skull grunts came up to interrupt, the Captain continued speaking like they weren't even there!

I can't wait! I get to have moon on Wednesday!

I plan to restart continuously until I obtain a Shiny Popplio. :3

My boyfriend and I were going to race to the legendary, but he says he'll wait until I have my Shiny smile.gif

Why is everyone wanting specifically a female starter? And why are you insinuating that it's a difficult thing? Surely it's 50-50... right?

I... beat the game and the post-credits mission today :'D I may have an unhealthy obsession with Pokemon, but whatever. This game was amazing.

Some rambling spoilers about my thoughts on the plot below:

I'm really, really happy about how they handled the Ultra Beasts. They're established as utterly incomprehensible alien beings from another dimension with incredible powers that pose a danger to humans and Pokemon alike, but the plot doesn't dwell on cosmic horror at all. Instead, it's firmly established that they're just scared and confused about suddenly being brought to our world and any damage they're doing is out of ignorance or just their attempts to get home, and the blame falls on those who try to use their power for evil. And despite their differences, you can eventually befriend them and pat them on the head and feed them heart-shaped beans. (Guzzlord just swallows them whole, it's the cutest thing.) They're living, breathing creatures with preferences and motivations and they deserve to have someone try to understand them. And even if that's impossible, maybe you can still be friends with them despite that.

Personally speaking, I have a whole bucketful of mental illnesses and find it extremely difficult to relate to other people on the best of days, and it's disheartening to see so much media othering monsters or aliens because they're usually the characters I relate to most. I'm really, really glad Pokemon exists and has such an incredibly, unwavering positive attitude about the nature of humanity.

hmu if you want to swap beasts!! I still need the two Sun-exclusive ones, so I can pet them forever.

Welp. Gotta say i have a theme for all my pokemon's name. Gods/goddesses. Mainly Greek right now.

Erebus the Decideye,

Eris the Slazzle,

Zeus the Zygarde (10%),

Charon the lycanroc (midnight forme),

Eos the drifbim,

And hopefully hades the mimikyu

Edited by Jsward322

I ended up swapping Novaix for Nebuleo the Solgaleo.

I felt bad naming it anything else, for spoiler reasons.

Plot and post-game spoilers below:

I was thoroughly impressed with Sun and Moon. Despite the prolonged tutorial phase and the plot taking a little while to start to take off, the main story was intriguing, and though it possessed a predictable twist, its main villain was so different from those of past games, I couldn't help but enjoy every second of her final chaotic meltdown. It was a nice change of pace for the villain to be a selfishly-acting narcissist who didn't actually strive to hurt or erase anyone (besides those who she felt betrayed her, at least), rather than the leader of a doomsday cult, as had become customary over the past few generations. I thought her motives brought something new to the series, and that there were some very dark themes developed, given the general demographic. The subtly of Lily hinting that her mother dressed her combined with the parallels in her appearance and that of UB-01 Symbiont/Nihilego (her mother's idea of a perfect being) created a shocking example of her mother's motives that really helped give her more depth. Overall, the characters were incredibly strong for the series (GLADION IS MY FAVE), and I'm deeply impressed with GameFreak's narrative.

In other news, the Nihilego I caught as part of the first post-game mission apparently has FIVE PERFECT IVs, so that's exciting! Unfortunately, its nature is Jolly, but I'm just shocked I happened to luck into something with such high IVs. I've really gotta make sure I build up a stock of Synchronizers in Sun and Moon, since we don't get Bank support until January.

Gladion is ridiculous and I kind of love him.

Did some NPC say in canon that his clothes are ripped because Null keeps tearing them and he's hopeless at sewing, or am I having hallucinations from being sleep-deprived? Because that's ridiculously adorable. What an awful child. How did he think he would survive in the wild on his own for two years

I cannot take team skull seriously. the gestures they are the most hilarious gangsters.

I haven't gotten very far yet since I'm splitting my time between playing it through on Moon and SRing for shiny rowlet in Sun. But it's really fun so far, I like how different it is from past games.