LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

It tried. And it failed. It failed miserably.

Thoughts on the rest (spoilered);

Decidueye's name is....uh....weird, and it's legs look way too long. I still like it, though. And finally, our first Ghost type starter. Definitely not expected, but very welcomed.

Spirit Shackle; Soooooo a fancier version of Mean Look, then?

Incineroar; Boooo! The ONLY good thing is it isn't another fighting type. Otherwise, you look like a rejected Looney Tune.

Darkest Lariat; Again, aren't there already other moves that ignore stat changes?

Primarina; SHE IS BEAUTY SHE IS GRACE.

Sparkling Aria; .....Yeah, do I really need to repeat myself a third time?

Island Guardians; I like Tapu Fini the most, it is very pretty. Tapu Lele is...kinda cute, while Tapu Bulu looks like it is ready to mess you up. But that Z-move....quick, someone call the Power Rangers xd.png

Cozmog; Alright, when did the Heartless start invading the Pokemon world?

Alolan Persian; *Internally screaming*

Red and Blue; Hmmm.....another Red/Blue/Green remake on the way?

Haha! I didn't even think about the Heartless, but you're right! That's why it seemed so familiar to me. xd.png

I'm not too thrilled with the fire starter, but it could've been worse. I don't know if they're making antoher Gen 1 remake (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease), but I'm so excited to fight both against and alongside past champions. Red's new look is a bit odd, but meh. He's here so, I won't complain. ^^

*Laughs in silence because Incineroar has only been spelled correctly three times in this thread so far, of which one even was in a quote*

Haven't seen it, and don't want to see it until I evolve it in game, buuuuut Fire starter final form confirmed to be bipedal yet again?! ...Seriously, GF? blink.gif

I never evolved my Dewott, and still have my Braixen, so looks like my second stage cat is staying on four legs.

I fully evolve male versions for the dex data, but the girls get to stay at the stage I like the best. cool.gif

I'm pretty bummed about Incineroar sad.gif I love that it's a fire/dark type, but there are so many better designs for a dark tiger that doesn't have anything to do with a wrestler. That's such a strange concept without a fighting type attached to it, imo. Aesthetically it's so disappointing to me. Sigh.

I do really like Primarina though, she's very pretty. I don't usually start with water but I guess this time I will.

game freak needs an intervention someone working there likes bipedal fire brawlers way too freakin much

like. listen. i would absolutely have liked incineroar if it hadnt been the fourth fire type brawler in a row (excluding fennekin we got lucky with fennekin.) but im far too tired of this one design trope that game freak keeps rehashing gen after gen to appreciate him at all. it's like a weird crutch they have.

thank god for primarina at least there's one final stage starter i like this gen. i cant believe the worst stage 1 starter has the best stage 3 and the best stage 1/2 got the worst stage 3 @game freak why do you have to play with my emotions like this

Edited by Switch

I'm really amazed about the uproar with incineroar. I mean, usually if there is something people don't like in pokemon it is joked about and everyone moves on. If its something especially hellish like vanilluxe then people yell about it. But I mean with incineroar, everyone is realllllyyyy upset with this one. Like nothing else in Pokemon history...

It isn't just the people who want a good fire starter that are complaining, but others who wouldn't even go fire anyway. So odd. But that's culture for you.

I'm in love with Decidueye oh my Arceus

And it's a Grass/Ghost type, not a Grass/Flying like I feared.

I'm not bothered by Incineroar. While I would have liked a quadruped fire starter, and I think it looks a little silly, there are so many other things I'm hyped for that I just can't see any good reason to stay bothered and it looks better in motion than it did in the flat art.

I'm slightly upset that Rowlett loses it's flying type for ghost. I'm sure there's some lore of inspiration for it but I still don't see how it's a ghost type. Cool design though.

I'm ok with fire tiger wrestler. It's not that original, Emboar's line did it first but at least it's not fighting type again. I am disappointed that it's a biped but oh well. Maybe next gen we'll get a quadreped fire starter, maybe...

I have nothing bad to say about Popplio's line. Water/ Fairy is a great type combo.

Based off od looks I'll probably pick the water starter, I'll wait for base stats to be sure.

Water/Fairy is a great defense against stupid things like steel types too (except ferrothorn ugh).

Edited by Ashywolf

I'm slightly upset that Rowlett loses it's flying type for ghost. I'm sure there's some lore of inspiration for it but I still don't see how it's a ghost type. Cool design though.

user posted image

I love the unique typings each starter has now. It's a turn from the usual that's expected, especially Decidueye and Incineroar (I love those two the most now, but Primarina has some of my love too) .

Incineroar. I just can't, lmao. Like many of you, I thought we'd be getting some sort of quadruped stage 3. I would have loved it to be along the lines of persian or liepard in terms of aesthetic, something more lithe, more uh, feline than humanoid. The other grass one whose name I cannot remember because I don't like him...is weird looking. It barely looks like a stage 3, rather unsubstantial in terms of design. Primarina is acceptable, a bit too girly for me, but if I do end up getting sun and moon she'll be my starter, for sure.

First time in forever I don't actually like any of the starters.

Inciniroar looks like they went for another damn fire fighting but were like: "theres so much backlash, quick make it dark type!"

Desidueye has a confusing name and became ghost type out of nowhere, its design is also too busy.

Water starter (I can't remember the name) looks just as dumb as it did in the leak but it will probably be my pick.

Hooray first form of the legendaries biggrin.gif Its a nebula ohmy.gif

Persian looks like garfield.

The Z-move mech looks epic!

Hooray Red and Blue/Green... Blue/Green seems way too happy, but it is cool seeing them both.

im still gonna go for an everstone'd shiny torracat as my actual starter but im definitely gonna look into getting somebody to trade me a popplio... primarina is beautyful

Fighting type is one of my least favourite types(the rare exception being the Lucario line), so the fact that my favourite starter type and a liked type of animal had to be a fighter is very disappointing for me, never mind the typing. I like the fire/dark combo itself, but the design just screams muscular fighter, which is the biggest reason why I don't like the fighting type. I'll go with the Rowlet line and trade for Litten/Torracat later. I love Litten/Torracat's designs so much, why did you have to do this GF ;-;

The only hope I have now is that the 'shared secret' Rockruff and the starters have is two evolutions. Sadly the chance of that being true looks slim, but still.

I'm pretty bummed about Incineroar sad.gif I love that it's a fire/dark type, but there are so many better designs for a dark tiger that doesn't have anything to do with a wrestler. That's such a strange concept without a fighting type attached to it, imo. Aesthetically it's so disappointing to me. Sigh.

I do really like Primarina though, she's very pretty. I don't usually start with water but I guess this time I will.

Incineroar is actually more of a heel wrestler than anything else. Heel wrestlers are basically the bad guys of wrestling, so that totally justifies the dark type.

I am a bit wary...but I am going to take a gamble and choose Rowlet for my Moon Starter (I like Lunala far more).

The good news is that it's a flying type so I'll have my transportation from the get-go. All I'll need now is a few others for water travel and stuff and I am set to go.

I am a bit wary...but I am going to take a gamble and choose Rowlet for my Moon Starter (I like Lunala far more).

The good news is that it's a flying type so I'll have my transportation from the get-go. All I'll need now is a few others for water travel and stuff and I am set to go.

The final evo - decidueye - is a ghost type though. And HMs don't exist anymore. Instead of using Fly, you can now use your Ride Charizard - which can be accesed whenever, independently of what pokémon you have and/or where they are.

No HMs means no more flying around on a Dodrio-copter sad.gif

Is no HMs even confirmed? I think all we know at this point is that the Ride Pokemon exist. Flying was still a thing in ORAS even with the soaring mechanic.

Also, another one of those

is out!! I wish I could be as excited about life as these kids.

No HMs is confirmed by the dataminers. The moves themselves still exist as TMs now.

Edited by Felixr2

Yikes, thanks for datamine spoilers :\ not everyone wants those, y'know. I was asking about officially.