LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Too bad the pokémon bank update won't come before January (might even be February, I don't really remember...). You can use the event Munchlax though! And once you can use pokémon up to lvl 40, you can use Ash-Greninja!

Why do we have to wait until January to use pokebank with sun/moon? D:

Guess I'll just keep putting off renewing my subscription until we have a date for it.

I definitely like the new beasts, but no idea on who some of them are meant to resemble...

Marshadow is so smol and precious, it's soooo cute!

I already could not take Team Skull seriously, but when you can't stop giggling the first time they turn, like what the actual flip. You guys trying to be intimidating but just look so dorky.

And I am officially calling my Rowlet Hoodini.

Why do we have to wait until January to use pokebank with sun/moon? D:

Guess I'll just keep putting off renewing my subscription until we have a date for it.

There is a date for it, I just don't remember what date it was...

Also, I think they're doing this so people won't transfer their 5IV pokémon from XY/ORAS to Sun/Moon and breed those for the Sun/Moon VGC tournament later this year. With the story and all, it will become kinda difficult to get a perfect competitive pokémon within the time limit, and hack devices probably won't even be ready in time. That VGC tournament is basically there to see what it's like when there really are no or hardly any perfect competitive pokémon. Sure, you can boast your EVs and get the right nature, ability and moveset, and maybe you can max out the IVs of one of them with a gold bottle cap you happen to get, but more than that probably won't happen.

What the flip happened to Persian! It looks like something off the Pokémon fusion thing. I can't even look at it and I thought Eggsecutor was bad

I think Alola Persian's face is intended to look like an actual Persian cat, but it does kinda just look... weird.

What the flip happened to Persian! It looks like something off the Pokémon fusion thing. I can't even look at it and I thought Eggsecutor was bad

Methinks it tried to copy Purugly and failed. or succeeded. blink.gif

Methinks it tried to copy Purugly and failed. or succeeded. blink.gif

Pokemon Crossbreeding confirmed. Next, what happens when you breed a Skitty with a Wailord. tongue.gif

I guess its the whole wolf - pug deal. Except I don't see extensive domestication of Persian in the story line, unless I missed it.

Team Skull grunts are their animations tho. Why can't all the enemy teams be this amazing?

Why can't the new anime look like this?

user posted image

If Ash was designed like that I would not complain.

Edited by Syiren

oh my god have ya'll SEEN this! mimikyu has a theme song... it made me cry :')

there's some translations in the comments

That was super cute. That lil' guy has earned a spot on my back up team.

Mimikyu owns my heart wub.gif

I didn't think I could like Mimikyu more than I already did.

I was wrong.

Starter leaks confirmed! Listen, incineroar is great and I love them. It tries so hard, you guys, please be nice.

Rest of the island guardians confirmed to be heads that go on giant glowing z-move mechs. A daring move. I like it.

Also I'm intrigued by cosmog, I need 35 of them stat

I guess its the whole wolf - pug deal. Except I don't see extensive domestication of Persian in the story line, unless I missed it.

Late to the party, but it's mentioned on official sites that Alolan Meowth changed formes because Alolan royalty bred it as pets; they're all wild now because there's no more royalty, but they still look pretty goofy, I guess.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Words cannot describe how upset I am with Nintendo. They ruined yet another fire starter

Starter leaks confirmed! Listen, incineroar is great and I love them. It tries so hard, you guys, please be nice.

It tried. And it failed. It failed miserably.

Thoughts on the rest (spoilered);

Decidueye's name is....uh....weird, and it's legs look way too long. I still like it, though. And finally, our first Ghost type starter. Definitely not expected, but very welcomed.

Spirit Shackle; Soooooo a fancier version of Mean Look, then?

Incineroar; Boooo! The ONLY good thing is it isn't another fighting type. Otherwise, you look like a rejected Looney Tune.

Darkest Lariat; Again, aren't there already other moves that ignore stat changes?

Primarina; SHE IS BEAUTY SHE IS GRACE.

Sparkling Aria; .....Yeah, do I really need to repeat myself a third time?

Island Guardians; I like Tapu Fini the most, it is very pretty. Tapu Lele is...kinda cute, while Tapu Bulu looks like it is ready to mess you up. But that Z-move....quick, someone call the Power Rangers xd.png

Cozmog; Alright, when did the Heartless start invading the Pokemon world?

Alolan Persian; *Internally screaming*

Red and Blue; Hmmm.....another Red/Blue/Green remake on the way?

the only one I like is decidueye. :I I don't like wrestlemania tiger or circus seal...

cosmog is adorable though ;^;

Listen the litten line, on its own, is incredibly solidly designed with a clear theme and cohesive shapes and patterns (I really like how they executed the tiger stripes in particular). I understand y'all are tired of bipedal physical attackers in fire starters and/or just not really into the wrestler aesthetic, but none of that is infernroar's fault. Please at least try to appreciate it on its own merits. It is a giant fire cat that plays the hammy villain but secretly loves everyone. It is my son and I will defend it until the end of days.

I mean, I'm going for popplio, but all this hate is really upsetting.

On another note, according to official materials, Alolan persian is beautiful and majestic with lush thick fur and everyone reveres it. You know what, yes. Perfect.

Listen the litten line, on its own, is incredibly solidly designed with a clear theme and cohesive shapes and patterns (I really like how they executed the tiger stripes in particular). I understand y'all are tired of bipedal physical attackers in fire starters and/or just not really into the wrestler aesthetic, but none of that is infernroar's fault. Please at least try to appreciate it on its own merits. It is a giant fire cat that plays the hammy villain but secretly loves everyone. It is my son and I will defend it until the end of days.

I mean, I'm going for popplio, but all this hate is really upsetting.

On another note, according to official materials, Alolan persian is beautiful and majestic with lush thick fur and everyone reveres it. You know what, yes. Perfect.

No, it's not the pokemon's fault, but I also can't help but wonder why Nintendo/GF/whatever keep going with the same thing repeatedly. There are a myriad of ways to make interesting fire types and starters in general without defaulting to the same "bipedal fire brawler" type time and again. We had that three generations in a row, and I can totally understand why people are tired of it. From other pokemon designs, it's pretty clear they're not running out of ideas, so why they keep defaulting to the same thing is beyond me.

The design isn't bad, obviously, and neither is the typing (fire and dark are two I gravitate towards). But I don't like wrestler aesthetic, and personally I'm bored with seeing the same thing. )= We had fire starters with a fighter/wrestler aesthetic three gens in a row, with typing to match. It bothers me that they won't do anything different, because it's clear that they can. (And for the record I wasn't big fans of the fire/fight starters, either...just not a fighting-type kind of trainer.)

Popplio would be nice if it wasn't clown/circus type themes. Also not an aesthetic I like, and imo it's too cutesy. IDK, I guess I've always been one for the more, eh, serious-looking pokemon.

I don't hate the litten line. But it's not my favorite, either. Since I'm getting both games and don't want to pick rowlet twice, I'll be using litten in the other.

Yeah I get that!! It's just that there's a pretty big difference between "I don't like infernroar, personally speaking" and "the mere existence of infernroar has ruined all of Pokemon forever", and there's a lot of that latter sentiment going around :C

I've never been very into any of the fire starters (fire-types generally aren't really my thing, I think). It would be nice to see more variation among them, and it's somewhat disappointing that gamefreak hasn't done so, but that has nothing to do with infernroar, really.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Yeah I get that!! It's just that there's a pretty big difference between "I don't like infernroar, personally speaking" and "the mere existence of infernroar has ruined all of Pokemon forever", and there's a lot of that latter sentiment going around :C

I'm in agreement with Infinis on this (aside from the Popplio dislike, but hey ho tongue.gif) and I am definitely in the former camp of "I just don't like it", as opposed to "OMG ITZ RIUNED POKEMONZ 4EVA!!!111!11!". If you don't like a Pokemon, don't use it like I won't be.

The problem I have with it isn't aimed at the Pokemon itself, no matter how much I might ridicule it (I mean, fire and dark are my second and third favourite types, so seeing another hybrid of the two is a big plus for me, and as much as I dislike it being bipedal and a wrestler, I like cat Pokemon so...yeah), it's the fact that it almost feels like Nintendo/Game Freak don't give a damn about the Fire starters. You see the amazing amount of variation in the Water and Grass starters, then look at the Fire starters who have used the same "Fighter" motif for 4 out of 7 generations...

To me, it just really feels like they've gone "Right, we gave them something different from a Fire/Fighting last time and they didn't like it, so let's give them one that LOOKS like a fighting type but isn't. That'll show them,"

Edited by CharonDusk

So I find myself liking Incinaroar a little more than I thought I would, mainly cause its got an attitude xd.png I mean come on in Amie its totally got that "you wanna piece of me?" vibe. I'm still picking Primarina though.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will be the first time I've picked a water starter. Primarina is so adorable and I really can't get over Incinaroar's giant hands. They're just so hilarious looking. Plus, I tend to have a lot of dark-type pokemon on my teams. I don't need another!

I really liked the new guardians, though.

Edited by pudding