LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I have to say the rival is so damn annoying!

Whatever happened to the time when they were a threat and not just a super hyped up kid. Silver and Blue/green were threatening and for one they took the starter that had the type advantage over yours... Hau sucks.

I have to say the rival is so damn annoying!

Whatever happened to the time when they were a threat and not just a super hyped up kid. Silver and Blue/green were threatening and for one they took the starter that had the type advantage over yours... Hau sucks.

Perhaps Hau isn't your true rival wink.gif

All starters only have a 12.5% chance of being female.

Even this one:

I must be very lucky then to have gotten a female Popplio so quickly.

Man, at first I thought the trials were going to be a breeze, but then the second one is kicking my butt. Spoilers ahead:

The Wishiwashi by itself isn't so bad, but when it calls for help and an Alomomola appears things get scary. Not only does it use helping hand to prevent my pikachu from paralyzing washi, but then it keeps spamming heal pulse so if I do get it down to below yellow it just heals right up. And if the pink fish doesn't do it, Washi is holding a sitrus berry on top of that. I had to go back and level up my team some more even though they're already in the upper 20's.

Also trying to figure out how to evolve my pikachu. Does it still need a Thunderstone, or something else because it'll become part psychic?

ETA: Also, does anyone know how to get the Munchlax that was promised when you preorder? I didn't think to ask the guys at the Midnight release because it was Midnight and I was tired and just wanted to get my game and go, but there was nothing that came with it to indicate that it was a preordered prize.

Edited by Syiren

ETA: Also, does anyone know how to get the Munchlax that was promised when you preorder? I didn't think to ask the guys at the Midnight release because it was Midnight and I was tired and just wanted to get my game and go, but there was nothing that came with it to indicate that it was a preordered prize.

You get Munchlax through Mystery Gift and you receive the gift via internet. The event lasts til January so there's still time to get it ^^

You get Munchlax through Mystery Gift and you receive the gift via internet. The event lasts til January so there's still time to get it ^^

Ahh, okay, that makes me feel better. I was afraid for a bit that I had messed up at some point. biggrin.gif; Thanks guys!

No problem! Glad to help smile.gif

Though on another note: Is anyone else soft resetting for a shiny starter? Been at it for over 17+ hours on Rowlet but nothing yet. Was curious to see how anyone else is doing on their hunts.

Sorry, I was only SR for a female Popplio (which only took one try), but I will be trying for one when I get Sun version.

Actually, I'm watching a let's play with Gameboy Luke on youtube and he just mentioned shiny encounters are a 1 in 4,000 chance, so it's a little easier than before.

Not bad, that's good luck for Popplio~ Good luck to you when you get Sun though, it'll be worth it when it shines.

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of people getting shinies fairly quickly in game. I know I'll be using the Cute Charm method to get me a shiny Salandit, but that'll have to wait for now. Though I've heard the SOS method increases the odds?

Oh, I keep forgetting about Salandit. wub.gif I'm not sure of all the methods. I mainly know about the egg/breeding method and the poke radar chain method from ORAS...which doesn't work here, lol. happy.gif; I did hear if you complete the alolan dex you get a shiny charm, but I don't know if that is legit or not.

I actually just caught my first shiny of my moon adventure: spearow smile.gif Took a second when I saw the yellow wings lol.

I'm still SRing for shiny Litten, I'm up to 778 SRs. I've seen so many people get starters under 100 and here I am nearing 800 sad.gif.

Well my dual pack finally arrived from Best Buy. They were saying it would be in the 23rd so I got it two days early. It sucks that I paid expensive shipping to get it the same day and it still took 3 days to get to me >_>.

So far I've seen an average of 400-500 range for the starters- but I'm well over the average at this point- 600+ for Rowlet (really want my minty owl to shine). Just don't give up! smile.gif

Though on another note: Is anyone else soft resetting for a shiny starter? Been at it for over 17+ hours on Rowlet but nothing yet. Was curious to see how anyone else is doing on their hunts.

I'll be resetting for my Popplio. smile.gif

I'm hoping that I'll get a female; my thought is to transfer the first female I get to my Alpha Sapphire game (since I'll undoubtedly get a female before a Shiny), and then keep going until I have a Shiny. hopefully the Shiny I get is female. smile.gif

I CAN'T WAIT IT COMES OUT IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!!111!!!1!!one!!!!

Edited by Zeditha

Alpha Sapphire is gen 6, and you can never transfer Pokemon back a generation since the coding for the new Pokemon doesn't exist in the older games. Also Pokemon Bank isn't even going to have gen 7 support until January.

I just have a male Primarina because hey, screw gender roles. He's fabulous and likes head pats and I love him.

Sun/Moon is so visually stunning that it's actually kind of jarring. Like, I love the full 3D environments and cutscenes. Couldn't be happier (unless we also got stereoscopic 3D to go with it, but I understand time constraints and whatnot). But the fact that everyone, even the irrelevant NPC trainer classes, has a unique standing pose full of personality just throws your character's stiff stance and blank smile into sharp relief. As much as "silent protagonist with no personality" is part of Pokemon's legacy, I feel like it really doesn't work anymore. Petition for gen 8 to at least give us a few pose choices?

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

the graphics are amazing

would anyone be willing to trade me keldo and the other event pokemon from Nintendo's 20th anniversary? i missed most of them

If I wanted a shiny starter I would just breed one with the daycare. The intro takes so long that I couldn't bare wasting so much time then -- time I could be spent enjoying the game.

I beat the game and finished catching all the legendaries.

I... I don't know how to handle not being able to have my shiny giratina on my team. It's weird because that thing is a freaking tank. I need it's tankiness in the part I'm on.

I need to find my OmegaRuby Version. It's missing again so hopefully it'll turn up. Also, I am still on the third island. I'm taking my time due to work. My team insists of:

Vitaly the Incineroar

Toucan Sam the Toucannon

Whimsy the Wimpod

Nutmeg the adorable Stufful

Ruffers the Lyncanroc

Braeburn the Mudsdale (might rename him Big Mac)

And a back up for my Team:

Crab Meat the Crabrawler

Haha I avoided naming my (future) Toucannon "Toucan Sam" because I figured everyone would name theirs that.

I ended up naming him after a Hawaiian volcano/area "Kohala"

My "Meowcho Man" evolved to his second stage, and I've got "Terravolt" the bug bus (seriously that second stage of grubbin looks like a bus xd.png )

Until I get the other team members I just have a butterfree, haryama, and the little grass mantis dude (Who I named Rally from the Rally Mantis saga that happened with baseball this summer)

I realized this is the first time I may run a team without a water type, because of the elimination of HMs. Much excitement!

(because ground and rock are covered by having a grass type, fire is covered by having a ground type, and that's all water is super effective against)

Speaking of, poke ride/the elimination of the need for HMs is like the best thing GameFreak has done this gen!

(Also it's adorable to finally see the pokemon you're riding on. I know you could see Lapras and Lati@s in the previous game and that was about it)

I found myself hitting a wall with the third trail. Nothing like having to face a Toxic/Venoshock combo when your only fire type counter is a squishy Wingull. I'm training up a Mudbray right now so I can stand a better chance.

Speaking of, poke ride/the elimination of the need for HMs is like the best thing GameFreak has done this gen!

(Also it's adorable to finally see the pokemon you're riding on. I know you could see Lapras and Lati@s in the previous game and that was about it)

Actually, in Sapphire (presumably Ruby too xd.png) you can see certain pokemon when you're Surfing on them; Sharpedo takes its Mega form and it super-fast, but I always use my Kyogre. It's awesome. biggrin.gif

I can't wait for this game! It comes out TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

*dies of excitement*

I found myself hitting a wall with the third trail.  Nothing like having to face a Toxic/Venoshock combo when your only fire type counter is a squishy Wingull.  I'm training up a Mudbray right now so I can stand a better chance.

I just beat that trial myself this morning and I only needed two pokemon. Wolfy my Lycanroc did most of the work and would have won if he hadn't been poisoned, but Melody my Brionne finished the job.

So far I've got 3 of my target dream team assembled.

Melody my Brionne

Suprise my Pikachu (cannot wait until she evolves)

Bandit my Salandit

Wolfy's awesome and both Growlithe and Trumbeak are great too. Plus I think its awesome that Trumbeak can learn Flame Charge. biggrin.gif

I am loving this game to bits! Has anyone else seen how adorable Salandit is when you feed it a bean or pet it? So kewt. wub.gif Also found an old face from the Black and White games. Not saying who, but I was surprised to bump into said person. though he's gotten weirder.

I hope it's not hard to find a female Salandit. I must've run into about 30 of those guys so far and all of them were male.

Braeburn the Mudsdale (might rename him Big Mac)

lol, that's what I named my Mudbray. laugh.gif

Salandit has a 12.5% chance of being female. It is Combee/Vespiquen all over again.

I hit 956 SRs for Litten, quad hunting on 4 different games. Some day it will shine.