angelicdragonpuppy

Favorite DC Holiday?

Well, which is it? :3  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Halloween.

I like christmas well enough, but Halloween dragons have always been my favorite. Though the games on christmas are very cool, especially last and this year.

Valentine's day is far off the scale. I HATE Valentine's day.

DC is the only reason I look forward to it at all and frankly, I'm not even a fan of most Valentine's dragons because too much pink and too many hearts. rolleyes.gif

For me, I love Christmas the most. smile.gif I have enjoyed all the sprites with all their brightness and OH-MA-GOD the shininess. I personally hate Halloween as I never can remember to log on and get some Halloween Dragons - as you can tell by looking at my scroll - plus in Australia it's not celebrated much so it doesn't mean anything to me (and it's also around Australia's exam time; so I'm not going to hunt for some eggs when I should be studying.)

Christmas for me, definitely. Halloween is very stressful, as I never have enough mates ready for my holidays, as is Valentines, as it is right after Christmas. The only set of holiday CBs I missed were the Radiant Angels, and Valentine's dragons are hit-or-miss for me. Halloween dragons are usually really nice looking, so I'd say Christmas>Halloween>Valentine's.

1 - Halloween first. We can have as many CBs as we want and we end gifting a bunch. It was fun to catch new CBs and drop them to the AP so everybody could enjoy them for a while.

2 - Valentine... meh. Valentine's day is quite meaningless so the DC event ends being meaningless as well.

3 - "christmas"... I would like it if it was HOLIDAYS (not christmas) and we were celebrating the Spirits of Winter. The way many in the forum (not the site admin or the artists) make it about religion, completely ruins it for me.

I voted Christmas but I'm a huge fan of them all... honestly Christmas and Valentine's on DC seem less stressful than Halloween, at least in terms of taking care of your eggs and whatnot - no need to worry about running out of influences!

Christmas just seems to have some of the best events, imho. The mana mini game last year was so fun, and I'm thoroughly enjoying what the spriters & TJ have put together this year too.

3 - "christmas"... I would like it if it was HOLIDAYS (not christmas) and we were celebrating the Spirits of Winter. The way many in the forum (not the site admin or the artists) make it about religion, completely ruins it for me.

Celebrating Christmas doesn't mean you're religious. Plenty of people who aren't at all religious celebrate it.

I'd prefer a more unique DC holidays/winter celebration type event too (which we have been heading towards the last few years with dragon designs at least) but it being about Christmas does NOT automatically make it a religious event.

Edited by shortaxel

Celebrating Christmas doesn't mean you're religious. Plenty of people who aren't at all religious celebrate it.

I'd prefer a more unique DC holidays/winter celebration type event too (which we have been heading towards the last few years with dragon designs at least) but it being about Christmas does NOT automatically make it a religious event.

Christmas means Christ's Mass. There's nothing more religious than that.

Let's agree on disagreeing.

Edited by NotBambi

I used to like the Christmas drop the most because it was the most relaxing, in a certain way. Since the new dragons drop for three whole days, I felt like I could hang around the AP catching 2nd-gens to my heart's content before grabbing the new CBs. The fact that the dragons were all single-gender made it possible to trade hatchlings comfortably, too.

Unfortunately the "surprises" of wing color alts on solstices and newly implemented gendering on mistletoes have kind of ruined that aspect of it. So at this point, I'm back to preferring Halloween because I can hoard so many CB's each year that I can breed whatever 2nd-gens I want my own self and KNOW what I'm getting, instead of sitting around in the AP picking up dragons that may develop into the wrong adults or trying to trade for other people's dragons when I have no guarantee that they were bred at the right hour or influenced the way I want.

In theory I should like Valentines, which is sort of like Christmas used to be only shorter and therefore more hectic; and the Valentine sprites ARE lovely, but the palette is a little too one-dimensional for me. It's a lot lot lot of pink, you know?

So I'm going with Halloween, but I still have to give honorable-mention props to the winter minigames, which I've found especially creative and diverse.

Edited by tjekan

Probably Christmas, because it is the most relaxing and I like the dragons the best. Then Halloween because Shadow Walkers = wub.gif. Valentine's is last.

The only celebration that is relevant to me in real life is Christmas (the big deal made of the other to I see as an Americanism. Not saying that's bad, but they're just...not really a thing here. DC is my only celebration of those 2 tongue.gif ), so in many ways that probably colours my view a bit.

I do agree with tjekan that the wing alts and gendering is a little...annoying, especially the complete lack of announcement made on either of these points. It hasn't caused me any problems but I don't really appreciate it as a thing *shrugs* I liked grabbing my required eggs, inubating, then ignoring them until they hatch. The constant lineage checking, influencing, hoping they conform to influence, trading/re-hunting for that line if they don't etc of halloween is just way more stressful. I think the new Xmas drgons are beautiful, but I do hope they are a 'boring' breed in the way they behave next year :/

I care more about what the event is than the holiday itself - sending messages is probably my fave, then decorating events (though I didn't really like the recent valentine's one for various reasons) and then...everything else. I do ENJOY the others, especially the current one, but those 2 'types' are my favourite.

(And on a more or less unrelated note, I DON'T want to go entirely towards winter solstice dragons instead of Christmas, for the very selfish reason that I DO celebrate Christmas but it occurs in the middle of SUMMER for me so the whole winter thing is sorta...not relevant at the time? I'm all for removing overt Xmas references, but shifting to an end of year celebration with pretty dragons (fireworks! shinies! Party hats! (jk)) rather than a winter-based one would appeal to me far more)

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Christmas! Solstice dragons aside (which was NOT noticable at all on time, unlike Mistletoe gendering which was already mentioned on 1st day of breeding), I do like the whole event and the games each year.

Valentine's I tend to not be present due to my girlfriend claiming that time.

And Halloween is quite stressful, actually ...

I prefer Christmas. The other two are normal times at work here in Switzerland, but at Christmas I get time off and can actually be on the AP for hours. Also I love planning Christmas checkers. I think they look lovely.

I think mine is Valentine's Day, because while I hate the day in RL, the events here are always so amazing and really make the whole thing feel fun and better happy.gif I love some of the Halloween and Christmas sprites more though I think. And Christmas events I've seen have also been great, so maybe on balance Christmas is my overall favourite.

Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, in that order.

Oh... My... God. I now officially love this christmas event. I'm just finishing off the little game with the days I missed, and during my wanderings I met NED THE PIE MAKER! OMG! And it's raining dead birds! That is amazingly awesome. That was the best show ever xd.png

I love all of the holidays on DC, but Halloween has to take the gold prize here by a nose. I love not having limits on the new CBs, and as silly as it might seem, that's a big factor for me on this one. Truly, though, it's all a very close race. The event dragons on this site are always so stunning, and I never cease to be amazed by all of the effort that goes into the Christmas games. Probably the main thing keeping me from choosing Christmas as my number one is the holiday rarity. Such beautiful dragons are released for Christmas, but it's so dang hard to get the ones you need to build nice lineages, and lineages are a big part of DC for me.

I have a great affection for Christmas as the 2010 Christmas event really made an impression on me. I did like the Halloween event of the same year and it was even more great considering 2010 was the first year of actual DC event (that didn't involve breeding and catching). That, and I generally like the look of the Christmas dragons than the rest of the holidays. I dislike pink, so Valentines Day is out of the picture, and I only like a few of the Halloween sprites.

Valentine's are my favorite, because I like pink color, apperently, and all of them are so lovely! Plus I am not a huge fan of Valentine's day, but Feb 14 is my birthday, so they are birthday dragons for me!

Second are Christmas, because I love most of sprites. Halloween's I don't like so much, and I allways somehow miss a release anyway. sad.gif

Christmas - mostly because it is festive, fun - and NOT STRESSFUL ! Three days of dropping, a fun event and a holiday wall.

Valentine's.

Not because I really love pink dragons (actually, not at all... d: ), but the event I liked best so far took place on Valentine's - Flower sending was so! much! fun!! xd.png I really enjoyed that year and that event especially, I think I've been basically spending more time writing and making up messages than hunting dragons. tongue.gif

My favorite is Valentine's. Gardening is my favorite Valentine's event so far. I enjoy sending notes to other people, though there was none of it last Valentine's.

Christmas is a really busy time for me, thus I don't usually get to complete the DC Christmas events. For one, I was not able to finish the Valkemarian Tales last Christmas. Snow Wars is my favorite Christmas event so far and it was the only DC Christmas event that I completed.

I was going to say Valentine because they are all about love and fluffy things :3 But I actually voted for Halloween because of all the brohahaha and excitement I go through due to zombies. I also really love most of the Halloween dragons, still kinda mad I missed caligne release bx

Probably Christmas since there's more time to catch. I do miss the drama, however, of the first ever 2008 halloween event lol.