angelicdragonpuppy

Favorite DC Holiday?

Well, which is it? :3  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've had great events and great dragons for all three, but I'd say my order of favorites is Halloween > Valentines > Christmas. I love spoopy things and I love almost all of the Halloween dragons, so that's the top win / win for me. Second is Valentines, because there's so many lovely dragons that look great in a ton of lineages, especially Rosebuds, Heartseekers, and RAs. Christmas is last (but not least!) because, while we have a bunch of great Christmas dragons, most of them are so multicolored that I have trouble finding good looking lineages with them, and for me lineages are what DC is mostly about. xd.png

So, what's your favorite? :3

I love halloween because we get two different sprites! Also it's the only time we can make zombie dragons and I've got a linage planned using them...it's gonna take a while. I think christmas is my least favourite because it's so damn big and the holly rarity is kind of annoying.

I love all three events, to be honest rolleyes.gif

If I have to decide, I would pick Christmas though. I really love those festive dragons, especially last year's Mistletoes and 2013's Solstice-dragons. Also there always were nice raffles or events around Christmas like Gingerbread-House-decorating and Snow Wars biggrin.gif

i like Halloween the best so far, i had a much easier time finding good lineages

and I got REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky on the AP

i'm still screaming internally from what i found

Edited by blockEdragon

I voted for Halloween because that's my favorite as a whole holiday. Hunting for tricks and treats is a blast and I love seeing what sprites the artists come up with each year. Plus that's where my beloved Pumpkins are from!

Dragon-wise, I think my favorite is Valentine's because there's where two of my all time favorites, the Heartsteeling and Sweetling, are from.

I like most of the Halloween dragons so its definitely 2nd dragon-wise. (Even if you'd never guess that based on my crazy Pumpkin hoard, haha)

I'm not big on typical Christmas colored stuff so Christmas is last for me. Yulebucks, Solstices, and Mistletoes are all gorgeous but they all also have drawbacks. Hollies are always fun though!

Halloween > Christmas > Valentine's for me. I love all of the Halloween dragons, finding the treats, and the spooky event. biggrin.gif All of the events are fun, but Halloween is by far my favorite.

Halloween for me, because there is no limit on how many new holiday dragons you can get... even tho I'm rarely able to get more than my egg limit.

Winter next, because the dragons are so pretty and there's usually a fun event to go with it. I'm wondering about the raffle this year tho, it doesn't look like we're having one.

V'day is my least favorite, just because of what it represents. It's nothing to do with the dragons, which are all lovely (even the 09 one). I just don't like v'day in general.

Halloween, because of the lack of limits. Limits in a game based on collecting are silly IMO.

But I tend to like the Halloween dragons more as well. The Christmas ones aren't bad of course, but some of the designs make me cock my eyebrow a bit xd.png They also don't look as good in many lineages.

I love all of the holidays and their dragons ^^ But Christmas is my favorite, probably because I just like Christmas in general. Valentine's day and Halloween holidays and dragons are tied for me, but both are behind Christmas x]

Halloween because no breed limits on the CBs. I'm hoping one day Valentines and maybe Christmas will be that way too.

While I LOVE Halloween, I guess I gotta say Christmas. I dunno why exactly, just that the season in RL is my fav, and with all the stuff going on here, it just adds to it.

They all have their ups and downs, Christmas and Halloween are probably tied though. I love the actual Christmas colored Christmas dragons(the latest batch have not been my favorite), should we get another generic winter-themed dragon this year I think Halloween will edge out Christmas in my books.

Usually, Halloween does nothing for me. The events are fun though, and don't have the urgency to them Christmas events do, due to no raffle. I LOVE the dragons however, and they have only been getting better.

Valentines... I just am not a huge fan of the theme, though TJ has been fairly good at picking dragons that aren't too cutesy. Most of the time at least(looking at you Sweetlings).

You know, looking back, aside from the Haunted House event, I think Christmas has had most of my favorite events (Present sending, Snow Wars, Snow Warning, this year's). I still stick to my original ranking hierarchy based on dragons, however. X'D

Halloween's my favorite, even though the Christmas breeding starts on my birthday. I just really like not having a breed limit. Hunting during Valentine's and Christmas always feels more frustrating because if the lineage is not a 2G or from a Spriter's Alt, I don't want to keep it. If I do, I fear being forced to release the dragons in the future to make room for dragons with more valuable/nicer lineages.

Because of that, I don't do a lot of hunting during Christmas/Valentine's.

I love Valentine's Day!!

My fav breed is Vday too. :3 The love cave last year was SO fun.

edit; just want to elaborate~

I like the events where we can send players flowers/gifts etc. With Vday we had cards, then the flower vase, and flowers in pots; sending & collecting them is pretty fun. I'm not really avid on getting all the pixels - I just tend to hoard a favorite one. :3

Plus yeh not much else going on with me in February. lol

Edited by lightningsky

Is Easter an option? xd.pngNo seriously, there's no dragon release but the Easter eggs are gorgeous. Not to mention it's an excuse to fangirl in the forums since there always seems to be a few eggs that are references.

But of the three main ones, I'd have to say Valentines. The dragons are adorable, and the events have been really fun (that cave thing last time was awesome). Plus it's basically the only thing that happens for me in February.

Christmas gets too be a bit... much... sometimes, between the raffle, the dragons and real life. Still fun, but busy. Also, sometimes it feels like the events try a little too hard. This year's event is an interesting concept, but the game is laggy and takes almost no time to complete if you can get it to behave. Think I liked last year better, just throwing boxes at people randomly.

Halloween also gets to be a bit much. Lately it's been trying to have both treats and an event, which leads to lots of aimless page refreshing. That said, the story events in the past have been great. The dragons are pretty, but since they're the only unlimited holiday breeds catching the CBs takes awhile and then the trading insanity happens. Granted, I got my only CB Silver by trading some Caligenes, but still...

...Okay, I'll stop ranting now. Don't get me wrong, I love all the events. I just tend to nitpick a lot.

I love Halloween: spooky dragons, some of my favorite breeding pairs and lineages, not completely busy work-wise, and the events are usually pretty laid back and relaxing. Being able to grab more than 2 CB holidays is nice, since it means I can be more creative about what I do with lineages.

I like whichever one is currently happening. unsure.gif

I think Halloween has the most different kinds of holiday dragons I try to hoard - the other holidays have only one or two. As to the holiday itself I like Christmas better though, so there's that association.

I love halloween becuz, HOARDING. I hate halloween becuz no ROOM to hoard it all!

I think Christmas is second for me because we usually have nice games to play. I like the valentine messages and flowers but they aren't really things you can 'do' like decorating or building stuff.

Valentine's Day is my favorite because two of my favorite dragons are Valentine breeds (Sweetlings and Radiant Angels) so I always try to grab some with pretty/special lineages. Christmas is too stressful for me cause stupid Hollies and I'm not much of a hoarder so Halloween is meh to me.

Halloween is my favorite followed by Christmas and then Valentines.

Edited by rubyshoes