TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

And I almost missed the drop.

And I have a feeling these dragons will be a pain to get all different forms. Not sure why.

Mine will hatch in 22 hours!!!

Me too!! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to have these gold babies on my scroll, and hopefully tmr we will still be able to relatively easily fill up on another batch of them.

It always seemed to me like seasonals had their own ratios... I remember one year when Springs were basically extinct but Winters and Summers were easy to catch. I can't remember if there was a new flood at the beginning of each season that first year... I sort of think there was... Anyone else remember? I hope these will be that way so we can grab each color now in case they are metallics/rares

My first two hatch in nineteen hours and I am excite /v\

Since I couldn't fulfill my dream of breeding the gorgeous day glory drakes to gold dragons, I think the newest golden ones could make up for it, the color palette does remind me a lot of day glories. biggrin.gif

Are these new dragons drakes? And I saw someone say that they'll change like the Seasonals?

Are these new dragons drakes? And I saw someone say that they'll change like the Seasonals?

Its still to be determined, but as for being Drakes I don't think so. I don't know if anyone attempted to bite their eggs but as far as I know they are regular dragons.

I think it will be based on moon color and moon phase... So the golden moon dominates because it is larger, so if they're both gibbous the eggs will be golden. If the blue moon dominates, say when it is gibbous/full and the gold moon is crescent or new, then the eggs will be blue. Brown seems like some blue and some gold so maybe if they're both crescent? The silver one is tough... Maybe only when they are both full? It will be interesting if they have different rarities instead of simply cycling a week each.

Its still to be determined, but as for being Drakes I don't think so. I don't know if anyone attempted to bite their eggs but as far as I know they are regular dragons.

I tested it back on page 5. They can be bitten, so they are a standard dragon.

I am so glad I stopped back in here to see how far the thinking has got!

Thank you all you clever people who have worked out how to use the information in the time/calendar help!

I feel back in control of my life and can rest easy!

tongue.giflaugh.gif

But the thanks are sincere, great work guys!!

Since I couldn't fulfill my dream of breeding the gorgeous day glory drakes to gold dragons, I think the newest golden ones could make up for it, the color palette does remind me a lot of day glories. biggrin.gif

Was thinking the same thing, and I'm a tiiiny bit sad, hahah. I actually would've liked to breed the Day Glories to the new releases, too.

I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for the gold ones bred to Gold Shimmers. I've had one sitting next to my pile of gold eggs since the release, and I'm hopeful they'll turn out to be a good pairing.

ETA: Still able to "catch" (get the overburdened message for) them without much effort, particularly in the Desert, so I'd say they're still not too difficult to catch.

Edited by Chalkboard

The moon cycle is this:

Waning Gibbous ==> Third Quarter ==> Waning Crescent ==> New Moon ==> Waxing Crescent ==> First Quarter ==> Waxing Gibbous ==> Full Moon ==> Back to Waning Gibbous

I'm uncertain if the two different moons are different in any way, perhaps the smaller moon has a longer cycle, or a shorter cycle? No one knows!

But my current theory is that Full Moon/Waning Gibbous is Gold, Third Quarter/Waning Crescent is Brown, New Moon/Waxing Crescent is Blue, and First Quarter/Waxing Gibbous is Silver.

Since silver and gold are the brighter colors and correspond to a fuller moon, and brown/blue are darker colors and correspond to a moon that's barely visible. Also, the blue definitely looks like it would be a new moon.

I'd say they might match a monthly cycle like our moon, with one week per color.

A theory I just thought up is that Cirion might be on a shorter cycle, maybe 3 days instead of 7. So when the secondary moon is at a different phase, there's a small chance to have an alternate color responding to that one. Say, if Aurax is still at Waning Gibbous, but Cirion is at Waning Crescent, then most of the eggs found are Gold, but there's a slight chance some will mix in that are Brown.

*shrug*

But yeah my other idea is that the different colors will 'shift' biome, making at least one of them available in any biome. That'd allow more color breeding choices with coppers.

The moon cycle is this:

Waning Gibbous ==> Third Quarter ==> Waning Crescent ==> New Moon ==> Waxing Crescent ==> First Quarter ==> Waxing Gibbous ==> Full Moon ==> Back to Waning Gibbous

I'm uncertain if the two different moons are different in any way, perhaps the smaller moon has a longer cycle, or a shorter cycle? No one knows!

But my current theory is that Full Moon/Waning Gibbous is Gold, Third Quarter/Waning Crescent is Brown, New Moon/Waxing Crescent is Blue, and First Quarter/Waxing Gibbous is Silver.

Since silver and gold are the brighter colors and correspond to a fuller moon, and brown/blue are darker colors and correspond to a moon that's barely visible. Also, the blue definitely looks like it would be a new moon.

I'd say they might match a monthly cycle like our moon, with one week per color.

A theory I just thought up is that Cirion might be on a shorter cycle, maybe 3 days instead of 7. So when the secondary moon is at a different phase, there's a small chance to have an alternate color responding to that one. Say, if Aurax is still at Waning Gibbous, but Cirion is at Waning Crescent, then most of the eggs found are Gold, but there's a slight chance some will mix in that are Brown.

*shrug*

But yeah my other idea is that the different colors will 'shift' biome, making at least one of them available in any biome. That'd allow more color breeding choices with coppers.

Great idea! smile.gif Although the two moons existed much before these dragons were introduced. Maybe the two follow each other around Valkemare, we won't know until something changes. biggrin.gif

Great idea! smile.gif Although the two moons existed much before these dragons were introduced. Maybe the two follow each other around Valkemare, we won't know until something changes. biggrin.gif

Is it possible for two differently sized satellites to have the exact same orbit?? I'm no astronomer, but if they did follow eachother around, they would have to be the same distance away. The only way that could happen is if they travelled in a horseshoe orbit like two of Saturn's moons. But that would also mean the phases would be all out of wack and calculating them would be some advanced astronomy.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Is it possible for two differently sized satellites to have the exact same orbit?? I'm no astronomer, but if they did follow eachother around, they would have to be the same distance away. The only way that could happen is if they travelled in a horseshoe orbit like two of Saturn's moons. But that would also mean the phases would be all out of wack and calculating them would be some advanced astronomy.

And if they followed the similar type of path in different directions, they would eventually crash into one another, so yeah. Good point there. wink.gif

Maybe that's why the release wasn't last week, because TJ wanted the moons to be in the same phase for the release? unsure.gif

without wanting to read through 51 pages of comments, I'm hoping someone will know for sure that although it's 4 different eggs dropping at various times of the month, the dragons do not morph, following the phase of the moon?

I know that there are 4 differently colored eggs, but TJ can make that happen without it being true to the dragons. if I am saying it so anyone understands me.

in other words: each egg drops a certain color according to the phase of the moon. the dragons from previous phases could morph to that color, also, even though they originally hatched the color of their phase.

eh?

thank you.

That was my thought too. We already have dragons that change according to the time of the day. Why not dragons that change with the moon?

Edited by Nahala

without wanting to read through 51 pages of comments, I'm hoping someone will know for sure that although it's 4 different eggs dropping at various times of the month, the dragons do not morph, following the phase of the moon?

I know that there are 4 differently colored eggs, but TJ can make that happen without it being true to the dragons. if I am saying it so anyone understands me.

in other words: each egg drops a certain color according to the phase of the moon. the dragons from previous phases could morph to that color, also, even though they originally hatched the color of their phase.

eh?

thank you.

There's no guarantee, but TJ doesn't usually bypass morphing mechanics (e.g. he didn't line up a bunch of spirit ward adults, 'frozen' to their respective time), so we can reasonably safely assume existing eggs won't morph to a different egg colours when a transition happens.

Hello everyone again! I've woken up, and seen no new color eggs, so I guess Valkemere's moons have a cycle length similar to our moon. Hopefully.

Edited by Capella

i wish my eggs would at least crack...20 hours to go for them. (and no i am NOT asking for help hatching them)

There's no guarantee, but TJ doesn't usually bypass morphing mechanics (e.g. he didn't line up a bunch of spirit ward adults, 'frozen' to their respective time), so we can reasonably safely assume existing eggs won't morph to a different egg colours when a transition happens.

IF I had to guess, I think you are right.

I think it will work like with seasonals where you have to breed at certain times (THOUGH how to determine WHEN those times are is, as I understand, uncertain yet...) to get certain eggs and, once an egg is laid, that is the variety you get.

All of mine are golds, so far. It will be interesting to see how this all works out. smile.gif