TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

LadyLyz never explicitly said anywhere they were called "Indigos", only that her favourite colour was indigo. I think it may be in reference to her avatar Herald which is a slightly darker blue than the actual blue Herald?

Ahh, I see the "blues" are dropping now. I managed to snag a few. Full!

Indigo is my favorite color, hence why I made my "alts" that way.

I will be watching for Bronzes to grow up in order to release the next avatar to you all. However, if they grow up overnight I'll do it first thing in the morning.

LONG day. Lyz needs sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

As I hinted at before, these were originally submitted as Prize dragons at the same time as the Shimmers. Unsurprisingly, Gold = 1st, Silver = 2nd, Bronze = 3rd. The blue color was meant to be my alt. They were called Prismatic Heralds at the time and were linked to the sun instead. The moon phases came after Shimmers were chosen for the new Prize breed. The "good fortune" bit is also a reference to their Prize origin - the original description said that owning a wild-caught one was considered to be the epitome of good luck.

From this I think the current "blues" that we're getting are actually indigos. Otherwise there wouldn't be a plural and again, she said that "the blue color was meant to be my alt" and "indigo is my favorite color" so yeah, they're prob called indigos.

omg a release i'm actually HERE for.

D:

Also so few people! o.o Is there some murican holiday I'm missing, or only because it's Saturday evening? (still surprising, tho!)

Actually . . . . Yes! It's Labor Day Weekend. I've gotten 3 blues and now I can't wait for the Silvers.

Edited by topaz08

Misclicked, now I have to wait another few hours before I can nab another blue. I only had 2 slots, why fingers why ;_;

Since the Indigos have decided to drop already, I'm going to gift away my extra Bronze egg, I'll be satisfied with 2 pairs.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

I'm confused now or maybe I'm missing something... until now, haven't the moons changes their phases simultaneously? And now the blue moon has changed but the golden one not, still being waning crescent?

Edited by Varnayrah

The page had glitched - both were showing the phase of one of them. But TJ fixed it and made a post which listed what it had been meant to show.

From this I think the current "blues" that we're getting are actually indigos. Otherwise there wouldn't be a plural and again, she said that "the blue color was meant to be my alt" and "indigo is my favorite color" so yeah, they're prob called indigos.

"Probably" being the keyword smile.gif I just said what I did because people were telling each other that that was their official title.

p.s. None of her quotes have a plural?

Edited by bluesonic1

I don't think they even have an "official" name, and the reason why we started calling the bronzes one bronzes (instead of browns) was because they were previously going to be potential prize dragons.

And I'm pretty sure we're calling them indigos just because LadyLyzar mentioned them as that~ :3

I don't think they even have an "official" name, and the reason why we started calling the bronzes one bronzes (instead of browns) was because they were previously going to be potential prize dragons.

And I'm pretty sure we're calling them indigos just because LadyLyzar mentioned them as that~ :3

Yes but she's referred to them as Bronzes/Bronze already. She's never referred to the blue ones as indigo. In fact, she referred to them as blues in the only post she mentioned the word indigo ^__^

(And I know there's no official name, call them as you will or as LadyLyz tells us to- it just irks me that people are going around saying it's their name)

Edited by bluesonic1

So pretty, and dang, even with my heinously slow connection these were easy to nab. Thanks for the flood of these shinies!

She put blue in quotation marks, though, implying that they aren't actually officially called blues. xd.png

Yes but she's referred to them as Bronzes/Bronze already. She's never referred to the blue ones as indigo. In fact, she referred to them as blues in the only post she mentioned the word indigo ^__^

Well. She referred to them as "blues" with quotation marks, haha. xd.png Edit: ninja.gif'd by Tehya Faye

So maybe we'll have to get her to enlighten us about their true names later lol.

Edited by xxBurningxx

As I hinted at before, these were originally submitted as Prize dragons at the same time as the Shimmers. Unsurprisingly, Gold = 1st, Silver = 2nd, Bronze = 3rd. The blue color was meant to be my alt. They were called Prismatic Heralds at the time and were linked to the sun instead. The moon phases came after Shimmers were chosen for the new Prize breed. The "good fortune" bit is also a reference to their Prize origin - the original description said that owning a wild-caught one was considered to be the epitome of good luck.

No quote marks ^__^

Edited by bluesonic1

Ahh, I see the "blues" are dropping now. I managed to snag a few. Full!

I will be watching for Bronzes to grow up in order to release the next avatar to you all. However, if they grow up overnight I'll do it first thing in the morning.

LONG day. Lyz needs sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

^ Quotation marks xd.png

^ Quotation marks xd.png

Yeah, and she doesn't say "These dragons are called indigos". People are going around telling each other that that's what these dragons are called when it's just a nickname people came up...

Edited by bluesonic1

(And I know there's no official name, call them as you will or as LadyLyz tells us to- it just irks me that people are going around saying it's their name)

If she was really talking about her icon, why would she refer to them as a plural tongue.gif

Edited by ylangylang

Yeah, and she doesn't say "These dragons are called indigos". People are going around telling each other that that's what these dragons are called when it's just a nickname people came up...

I haven't seen anyone saying that that's their official name though? Like you said, it's just the nickname we've been calling them...

I haven't seen anyone saying that that's their official name though? Like you said, it's just the nickname we've been calling them...

CONFIRMED PHASE CHANGE! CIRION: WAXING CRESCENT TO WAXING GIBBOUS!

WE'VE GOT BLUES AKA INDIGOS!! HAPPY HUNTING!

--- I will be calling them "indigos" from now on.

And I love that the blue Lunars are called indigo, which is my actual NAME. xd.png Do I need ANY MORE reason to love this release? OMFG YAYZ xd.png

To be completely honest, I was replying to Sapphira Majoram who made the above statement, then everyone piled on after that ^__^ I realise the majority of people are using it as a nickname, but I'd like to stop the train when it comes to assumptions (like I did with the Golds breeding Blues vs Bronzes breeding Blues- we're yet to see Bronzes give Blues and while it's highly likely, let's not assume anything).

To be completely honest, I was replying to Sapphira Majoram who made the above statement, then everyone piled on after that ^__^ I realise the majority of people are using it as a nickname, but I'd like to stop the train when it comes to assumptions (like I did with the Golds breeding Blues vs Bronzes breeding Blues- we're yet to see Bronzes give Blues and while it's highly likely, let's not assume anything).

Ahh, okay haha. happy.gif I honestly think it'll turn out to be one of those personal preference things, and we'll never get actual "official" names. Or even if LadyLyzar comes along and tells us what they're truly called, there will still be people who refer to them as "blues" or "indigos" despite whatever she tells us. (Kinda like how some people refer to Xenowyrms as "manas").

Edited by xxBurningxx

I checked the Wikipedia entry for Indigo on a whim and discovered its position is a controversial subject, which makes this discussion honestly a little amusing to me. xd.png

Ahh, okay haha. happy.gif I honestly think it'll turn out to be one of those personal preference things, and we'll never get actual "official" names. (Kinda like how some people refer to Xenowyrms as "manas").

Ooh I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me- I supposed to add that nickname to the wiki page.

But yeah I think it will come down to personal preference- I only still call them blues because it's shorter than having to type out indigo, which is essentially a type of blue anyway xd.png

I checked the Wikipedia entry for Indigo on a whim and discovered its position is a controversial subject, which makes this discussion honestly a little amusing to me.

Yeah I had a look too and was slightly surprised that it was so controversial tongue.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

Ooh I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me- I supposed to add that nickname to the wiki page.

But yeah I think it will come down to personal preference- I only still call them blues because it's shorter than having to type out indigo, which is essentially a type of blue anyway xd.png

Yeah I had a look too and was slightly surprised that it was so controversial tongue.gif

Haha welcome! xd.png Personally I'll probably call them indigos just because I think the word itself is kinda fun~ :3

And yeah I just got finished skimming through the wiki page for indigo as well. You learn something new every day! tongue.gif

I wake up in the morning and what do I see? Brand new shiny Heralds, sweet! Won't be able to catch them for a while (hopelessly egglocked), but I'll eagerly anticipate the hunt. <3

Edited by stagazer_7

We really need a BSA like incubate for hatchlings- the wait for my Bronzes to grow up is killing me! I want to try breeding them, but also I want more space for the Blues biggrin.gif