TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

So. Much. Brown. in the hatcheries. At this point I'm zoning out and *clicking* through the ERs to try and speed things up, but the number of eggs there is still increasing.

TJ, I think this lunar cycle release thing is a bit too fast...

Spriter's Alts are only allowed for the Holiday and Prize breeding. This was originally intended to be a prize, so the blue would have been LadyL's alt. But since it's not a prize, we get the blue as a regular dragon.

CONFIRMED PHASE CHANGE! CIRION: WAXING CRESCENT TO WAXING GIBBOUS!

WE'VE GOT BLUES AKA INDIGOS!! HAPPY HUNTING!

- LadyLyzar says that the Blue Lunars are actually Indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt.

--- I will be calling them "indigos" from now on.

- As always, please tell me if I forgot anything.

- Bumping for the updates.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Lunar Heralds, the former prize breed, moon-loving dragons!

- Currently, the Cirion's Phase has changed!! Aurax (Gold Moon) and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the WaNing Crescent and WaXing Gibbous phases respectively!!

- Everyone is catching Indigo eggs in the Cave!!

- We have Adult dragons, and we are breeding Indigo Lunar eggs.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- So far, Gold, Bronze, and Indigo eggs have dropped in the Cave! Bronze and Indigo eggs have been bred.

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 05, 2015 @ ~9:00PM, Indigo Lunar eggs began dropping en masse! Go and grab them!!!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase for Aurax and Waning Crescent phase for Cirion.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Taken and modified from TJ's post)

Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DragonCave (DC) to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC.

Aurax: Waning Gibbous

Cirion: Waning Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent*

Cirion: New*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here. So, we assume the phase changed happened here too.

Sep 02, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 05, 2015 @ 7:59 PM

Aurax: Waning crescent**

Cirion: Waxing crescent**

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

** Exact time of change Unknown.

Sep 05, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Indigo and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Indigo.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

[Edited by Shokomon]

- Note: The Moon Phases TJ posted were Phases of the moon at 12:00 AM EST of their respective date. That is why the post doesn't match up with the color change.

- We can assume that on Sept 1, 2015, the phases changed at 8:00 PM EST/DC, where Aurax shifted Waning Gibbous to Waning Cresent, and Cirion from Waning Cresent to New Moon.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

6) The Lunar egg colors are based on what percentage of the moons are illuminated. If one moon is greater than 50% illuminated (gibbous to full), while the other moon is less than 50% illuminated (crescent to new), then Lunar eggs are the color of the dominant moon. If both moons are equal in illumination, other colors show up.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 6.

- The newest phase change, recent egg colors, and TJ's correctional post seems to support Theory 2 and 6.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change and TJ's correctional post, the moons' phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- LadyLyzar is giving us a pretty Gold Lunar Herald avatar to match her own avatar. She'll give us the Bronze avatar once we start getting adults.

- LadyLyzar states that Lunar Heralds do indeedhave metallic scales, but she didn't intend for them to be classified as "metallic dragons" like Golds and Silvers. As they were originally intended to be prizes, she wanted to make them shiny and pretty.

- LadyLyzar says that the Blue Lunars are actually Indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

- DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

I think it'll only be this crazy while everything is still new. Once everyone has gotten their share things will calm down. ^^

Spriter's Alts are only allowed for the Holiday and Prize breeding. This was originally intended to be a prize, so the blue would have been LadyL's alt. But since it's not a prize, we get the blue as a regular dragon.

Which is absolutely awesome!~ biggrin.gif

I love that we get to have these as a regular release!

Wow that recent flood was NICE! I got a pair each from Alpine and Desert. But I just need one more from Volcano. Thank goodness someone manged to trade me a gold pair of hatchies for my two bronze eggs which opened up 2 slots again, but now I'm locked for a bit until my other two bronze eggs hatch.

Happy Hunting to everyone else! biggrin.gif

Eeek! The Indigos are dropping and I'm here still locked with seven Bronzes! :o (One has ~3 hours left before it can hatch, and the other six are at ~14h. :/ And that's after being Incubated.) Please, please flood keep going tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

So.  Much.  Brown.   in the hatcheries.   At this point I'm zoning out and *clicking* through the ERs to try and speed things up, but the number of eggs there is still increasing.

TJ, I think this lunar cycle release thing is a bit too fast...

-removed, this is off topic - the topic of the thread is the new release not fan sites-

(Sorry)

Edited by Syphoneira

Saw there was a flood, nab my blues and I'm done. Nice.

Although isn't this kind of fast for the blues to be flooding already?

I can't wait to make different colored checkers with these guys. The golds x autumns look soooo good.

I popped on to check on some new hatchies and then I saw empty biomes! Now I'm locked with 7 pretty blue eggs. c: Still can't wait for silver though. rolleyes.gif

Got two more indigos! Off to grocery store and taking a walk with hatchery viewers running. wink.gif

Unfortunately my last two bronzes won't hatch for another 20 hours. I hope this blue flood is a long one, if nothing else because it's a shame it might start and end while a lot of players were asleep and had no idea it was going on.

Does anyone else influence eggs partly based on code? If I have two from alpine, and at least one is sort of name-ish, I'll influence M/F based on that.

Sqeeee came on just in time to see that the blues dropped have me four. Waiting till tomorrow night to put them in any fansight lol.Good luck hunting everyone. biggrin.gif I will be only able to influence two tomorrow the other two in three days.Takes eggs and gentle sits them down by hatchlings smiling.Petts all hatchlings and adults and gives each one treats nd food.

Edited by Laryal

Does anyone else influence eggs partly based on code? If I have two from alpine, and at least one is sort of name-ish, I'll influence M/F based on that.

I'm sure a lot of people do. ^^ I've got an Indigo Herald egg that has Tia in its code, so naturally I influenced it female.

The other floods lasted well, so I bet this one will too.

Ah I really hope the silver one has a flood as well,because i want to make a silver/gold breed blue/bronze checker, that's gonna be beautiful.

Now with the flood I think it's not very stressful to get them.Thanks,TJ.

Wow, not a lot of people on right now. Caught the two I have room for easily. When my ERs hatch, I'll try and catch four more. o3o

I think this could be a lovely pairing -- making it look like the parents' traits mixed! I hope the moon phases will come around often and predictably enough to plan pretty breeding checkers. --> Prettiness

I love, love, love indigo -- bring on the eggs!

Edited by Kelkelen

Only two more hours before my two dumb misclicks can be abandoned and I can grab at least one more indigo and then use the last spot for rare-hunting in the Jungle~ wink.gif