Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just started the day with "502" errors, just looking at teleports. Server busy much?

I got that looking at lineages in teleports in case I wanted to trade....

Haven't had any errors today, and almost none lately. I use Firefox, and my ISP is Comcast.

Edited by Sesshomaru

24 minutes ago, Sesshomaru said:

Haven't had any errors today, and almost none lately. I use Firefox, and my ISP is Comcast.

Same here so far. Mobile Google Chrome, ISP is Verizon.

502's aren't browser errors.

Haven't gotten any new errors since 11 hours ago.

I have since 11 hours ago, but not for the last 4.

16 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

Is there a reason why my sunrise egg won't hatch? I incubated it, it's at 3 days 16 hours, and is sick. https://dragcave.net/lineage/O4Ptp 

Wait 17 more minutes. Then it will hatch into a Sunset hatchie.

The time reference will say "The sun is setting" or "The sun is rising" when this type of egg can hatch, otherwise, they just won't.

https://dragcave.net/help/time

Edited by Ruby Eyes

59 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

502's aren't browser errors.

Haven't gotten any new errors since 11 hours ago.

Actually, in some cases they can be.

Taken from Lifewire:

Cause of 502 Bad Gateway Errors

Bad Gateway errors are often caused by issues between online servers that you have no control over. However, sometimes, there is no real issue but your browser thinks there is one thanks to an issue with your browser, a problem with your home networking equipment, or some other in-your-control reason.

Yeah, I don't think everyone here changed their browser setup to match a faulty one at the same time.

I can't access my dragons' page. It gives me the "An error has occurred." text...

When I use the /user/name adress, it shows me the dragons and on their /view pages I can breed and so on.

45 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I can't access my dragons' page. It gives me the "An error has occurred." text...

When I use the /user/name adress, it shows me the dragons and on their /view pages I can breed and so on.

I've been getting the same error when I try to access my dragons' page. Like you, I can access my dragons via their /view pages or by using the /user/name address. Very annoying!

Peregryn

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll simply ask here.

Some friends and I are planning to breed our dragons to the AP to see if this has any affect on the time of the AP eggs. We have discussed about whats desireable or not (example: we will try to breed Deep Deas for the Holly Conest, but we won't breed any Olives). 

My question is: Are there currently any breeds that could need a massbreed because their ratios are a pain in the you know what?

Imo, most common dragons released in 2017 have wacky ratios due to being 'newer' breeds, such as Tetras, Scimitar-wings, Sinii Krais, Scripts and Khusas.

edit: I will also add Spinels to that list, based on my own breedings. There are probably some older breeds still with aggravating ratios, like the Sapphires, but other breeders (such as common x common breeders) would know more than me.

Edited by Terces

Is there a website that I can put my scroll name in to see the dragon breeds I don’t have yet? I have 177 unique breeds, I’d really like to know the ones I’m missing without having to look up every last breed.

No, there isn't. The quick and dirty way is to sort by breed (in the dropdown menu) and then open the main encyclopaedia page.

ETA I was going to look, but I can't see your scroll...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yeah, I don't think everyone here changed their browser setup to match a faulty one at the same time.

You know, I don't recall ever alluding to that. Funny. If you don't think there could be a possibility of separate issues converging on the same thread, I will differ to your better judgment and cease offering any and all helpful input or alternative explanations. I mean, obviously, you're always right. :rolleyes:

OK - I am one wrong here, unless you have an undead - but as far as I can see you are missing:

Bleeding moon

BBW

Brute

Carina

Dark Myst Pygmy

Dusk Pygmy

Fever Wyvern

Mint

Neglected

Night Glory

Guardian

Honey Drake

Olive

Omenwyrm

Pillow

Red-finned Tidal

RisenSong

Sinomorph

Spinel Wyvern

Stone

Storm-Rider

Swallowtail

Undead (but of course you may have that - I couldn't  see it for a few hours yet !)

Wayerwalker

Zyumorph

Red dino

Green dino

Purple dino

Goodnight !

7 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

You know, I don't recall ever alluding to that.

It just seemed like the only possible browser-related explanation to multiple people having the same issue (something that is calling itself a server error, issued by that nginx DC seems to be running on) at the same time. Last I checked, neither my computer nor my router is running that. Sometimes, just sometimes, error messages could be taken at face value. It happens rarely enough, I'm aware of that.

Hence my statement that I do *not* think it's a browser error.

7 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

I mean, obviously, you're always right

If I am, I'm now going to state that my mother will survive the next 10 years. Let's see if that works.

Otherwise, if you're going to be personal, I have a PM box.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

A couple questions. Will there be an announcement when space in Dragon Requests opens up again? And if I had a Dragon Request long ago (before I got injured) and it is no longer there. Is there a copy of it hidden somewhere in an archive that can be fished out later or should I re request it and start from the beginning again when the DR's open up again?

1 minute ago, Rekha said:

A couple questions. Will there be an announcement when space in Dragon Requests opens up again? And if I had a Dragon Request long ago (before I got injured) and it is no longer there. Is there a copy of it hidden somewhere in an archive that can be fished out later or should I re request it and start from the beginning again when the DR's open up again?

Probably. And if your concept existed before everything got sent back, you can PM a mod to see if they can bring it back for you. They may not be able to because of everything being reworked, so it might also be good to prepare for re-submission at a later date. 

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Probably. And if your concept existed before everything got sent back, you can PM a mod to see if they can bring it back for you. They may not be able to because of everything being reworked, so it might also be good to prepare for re-submission at a later date. 

Thank you so much for your response. I will PM a mod and see if they can get it brought back and if not then its time for me to start drawing up some sketches again and getting things ready for when they are opened. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Thank you so much for your response. I will PM a mod and see if they can get it brought back and if not then its time for me to start drawing up some sketches again and getting things ready for when they are opened. Thank you!

You're welcome!