Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Don't forget that even if influence fails on an egg there's still a 50/50 chance you could get the gender you want anyway

When it fails it is ALWAYS at a critical time. My first ever influence fail....

https://dragcave.net/view/iJbJ2

smilie_girl_270.gif

26 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Don't forget that even if influence fails on an egg there's still a 50/50 chance you could get the gender you want anyway

You don't know it failed till the hatchie genders, though. So....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Who do we report inappropriate names to? Honestly I have zero clues as to how this name even got through the censor because it's a curse word. :rolleyes:

Any mod. They will pass it up. Or TJ.

Any moderator has the ability to deal with bad behavior or send it to TJ to deal with.  We're happy to help out - sometimes nonsense slips through the cracks.

18 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

Can I start a thread somewhere in the forum offering to write descriptions for other people? I know there have to be some people who'd like to have descs but don't feel ike their writing (or their English) is good enough. Would that be breaking any rules though?

I don't see that as being an issue. There was a description writing game in the Forum Games section, but something like this would probably be Original Works or Site Discussion.

@Earth Gurl?

I don't see any problem with that at all. Original works would be a good place for it. :) Then it'll come through me to the good ol' queue.

I've not received any email notifications since early yesterday morning.  Checked with my IP and no problem there so do I need to contact TJ or can anyone else help?

ETA: And would you believe it, one just came in.  Should have had lots both yesterday and today.

Edited by quinney

Anyone know How I can edit my siggie on the updated forum? I haven't been as active for a while, and so I'd like to fix it up a little but don't know where to look for the option.

5 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

Anyone know How I can edit my siggie on the updated forum? I haven't been as active for a while, and so I'd like to fix it up a little but don't know where to look for the option.

Top left corner, little arrow next to your name, click that. Select "Account Settings", then "Signature".

So, is it allowed to do off-site critter trades? Like DC dragon for a Tales of Ostlea creature? (the rules only mention a prohibition of money and various in-game CURRENCIES; art is allowed or at least practised in the forum so...?)

If not, is there someplace within DC (game or forum) that would confirm that?

Edited by VixenDra

49 minutes ago, quinney said:

I've not received any email notifications since early yesterday morning.  Checked with my IP and no problem there so do I need to contact TJ or can anyone else help?

ETA: And would you believe it, one just came in.  Should have had lots both yesterday and today.

I thought posts were going to start coming into my mailbox, but they're not.  I'm getting notifications popping up but no mail from the threads.  Help please?

Checked your notification settings?

(This forum has done strange things recently so double-checking is always good)

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Checked your notification settings?

(This forum has done strange things recently so double-checking is always good)

Checked - all set at immediate.

4 minutes ago, quinney said:

Checked - all set at immediate.

I mean top right corner, the bell, notification settings, then scroll down to check the values in the email column? There's only enabled or disabled (or greyed out when not available at all).

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I mean top right corner, the bell, notification settings, then scroll down to check the values in the email column? There's only enabled or disabled (or greyed out when not available at all).

Yes, everything set to immediate. 

ETA:  It's very strange, I got an email from neglected gifting, but nowhere else, and I'm seeing posts come in on the forums.

Edited by quinney

1 minute ago, quinney said:

Yes, everything set to immediate. 

Are you seeing a different settings page than I do? Because the word "immediate" is nowhere on it for me.

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

So, is it allowed to do off-site critter trades? Like DC dragon for a Tales of Ostlea creature? (the rules only mention a prohibition of money and various in-game CURRENCIES; art is allowed or at least practised in the forum so...?)

If not, is there someplace within DC (game or forum) that would confirm that?

I thought it wasn't allowed but I can't find anything that confirms this.

I DO think such trades have no place in trade threads here. And therefore - how will anyone know ?

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Are you seeing a different settings page than I do? Because the word "immediate" is nowhere on it for me.

Okay, change immediate for 'new content'. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Top left corner, little arrow next to your name, click that. Select "Account Settings", then "Signature".

Thankee, Ruby Eyes!

So ... did you scroll down? You can enable and disable emails and browser notifications for specific events. Did you make sure that for the event you desired (e.g. Someone comments on something I follow) you also have emails enabled?

Phew. Good luck :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes