Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It will. But ONLY after cooldown. Which is a week - like influence.

I'm curious about how the TJ's Thuwed page for requests for pairs works.  I check it every day on the off chance I'll find it open.  I never have.  But in checking the dragons today, I found a few eggs bred on January 23.  Does the page open for just a super brief time, one per customer, or might those be folks who applied awhile ago?  Does it stay open for a day, or just for minutes until a quota is filled?

@Brekke The list doesn't open at all these days. It seems TJ is still fulfilling old requests, but the list has been closed since a couple of years ago (edit: 20th of April 2015) it suddenly went all haywire (opened and flushed itself within minutes, kicking requesters off and leaving everyone anxious if they're still on it at all).

The requesting needs fixing before it can open again. Not sure how much TJ has done with that yet, but I'm suspecting he'll announce when he's finished.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I checked on the wiki for sunrise and sunset dragons. It says that an egg has to be hatched between 6 AM and 12 PM cave-time to be a sunrise, and 6 PM and 12 AM to be a sunset. What about the extra 6 hours in between each of those? Is the wiki just wrong? If so, what are the real times?

Edited by broadway_fiend
Follow up quesrion

1 minute ago, broadway_fiend said:

I checked on the wiki for sunrise and sunset dragons. It says that an egg has to be hatched between 6 AM and 12 PM cave-time to be a sunrise, and 6 PM and 12 AM to be a sunset. What about the extra 6 hours in between each of those? Is the wiki just wrong?

It can't hatch at all in-between.

2 minutes ago, broadway_fiend said:

I checked on the wiki for sunrise and sunset dragons. It says that an egg has to be hatched between 6 AM and 12 PM cave-time to be a sunrise, and 6 PM and 12 AM to be a sunset. What about the extra 6 hours in between each of those? Is the wiki just wrong?

During the extra six hours the egg will sit there and refuse to hatch.

:ph34r:

Edited by LibbyLishly

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The Blackout ones look like plain text :lol: I don't mind though. What matters is that they work, and they do that.

Being a retired skin, Blackout doesn't really get nice things. It gets new things in a half-working manner.

I'm curious about Spinel breeding: the Wiki says that breeding a Spinel with an Earth-aligned dragon gives a "chance" of a green egg, but so far every single Spinel x Earth cross I've tried has produced a green egg.  Am I just really lucky, or are green eggs guaranteed rather than being a 'chance of' type thing?

Just wondered if anyone has heard the Word Of TJ on Spinel breeding odds!

1 hour ago, sorenna said:

I'm curious about Spinel breeding: the Wiki says that breeding a Spinel with an Earth-aligned dragon gives a "chance" of a green egg, but so far every single Spinel x Earth cross I've tried has produced a green egg.  Am I just really lucky, or are green eggs guaranteed rather than being a 'chance of' type thing?

Just wondered if anyone has heard the Word Of TJ on Spinel breeding odds!

They're always going to produce green. Other than the PB glitch before it was fixed, red Spinels x red Spinels produced red offspring. Either it needs to be fixed to having a 50/50 chance or the text needs to be changed as it's very misleading.

Edit: I am extremely tired so this post may be out of sorts

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Thank you!

I remembered that originally Spinel x Spinel didn't produce greens and that being changed, but I wasn't sure about the other crosses.  You're right, the wording is very misleading in the Wiki if it's something that always happens.

I'd personally vote for the 50/50-chance idea!

4 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

They're always going to produce green. Other than the PB glitch before it was fixed, red Spinels x red Spinels produced red offspring. Either it needs to be fixed to having a 50/50 chance or the text needs to be changed as it's very misleading.

Yes - I do wish they could produce red if they are purely bred, as you might say. I wanted to make a red/green checker...

How do I edit my signature? I haven't done it since rhe forum updated and I can't figure it out for the life of me. ^_^;

25 minutes ago, Syiren said:

How do I edit my signature? I haven't done it since rhe forum updated and I can't figure it out for the life of me. ^_^;

Carefully! :D

Ahem, sorry. Top left corner, next to your name is a little arrow. Click that, then in the little box select Account Settings. Then on the left side you should see "Signature" - click that. You may need to wait a bit for the editor to load your sig completely.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Carefully! :D

Ahem, sorry. Top left corner, next to your name is a little arrow. Click that, then in the little box select Account Settings. Then on the left side you should see "Signature" - click that. You may need to wait a bit for the editor to load your sig completely.

Lol. :lol: Thank you! And don't worry. I shall tred carefully.

Does anyone know if there's a way to select multiple unrelated dragons to a group at once? I've tried a few things and I'm currently stuck at "add dragons one at a time because I don't want to remove every bred/female of this species from the group".

Select one. Hold CTRL and click individual dragons to select/unselect them.

Or:

Select the first. Hold SHIFT and click the last individual to select both and every creature in between.

Javascript is allowed? Uses scripts from dragcave.net, dcave.net and cloudflare.com, if you want to use permissions by site.

Try click the dragon's name instead of the image - used to be that only this worked, but TJ said he fixed it ...

Clear Cache?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

15 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Those... Didn't work when I tried them. What the hell, browsers.

I think someone said before that you might have to click on the text instead of the image?

:ph34r: by Ruby Eyes

Edited by purplehaze

When you sort growing things by age - how the bleep does that work ? I just sorted mine that way (nothing stunned) and they don't come out AT ALL in the order of time left. I can understand maybe one out of order - but they seem random. (Most of my hatchies are fogged and I was thinking to use this to work out which to unfog next. Doesn't work :( )

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

they don't come out AT ALL in the order of time left.

Egg laid date/time.

Even that doesn't  seem to work. Oh well....

When did the magi dragons go from being in date order to code order in the Active Transfers page? I miss having Golden Dalek as my main transporter!