Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I got a question regarding the trading threads:

A dragon trading thread: 

1. No unnecessary bumps. Please, post your trade offer only once per day, and remember that a repost is considered to be a post as well. Other players have their trades, too.

Rare Trading Bazaar:

9. Please only do one post per day. It's a rule of the trade forum (link found in rule 2) so please adhere to it.

Trading/Gifting Subforum, Rules and Guidelines:

Due to members continued spam bumping posts/topics, in trading/gifting topics. We will allow one (1) bump every 24 hours. All other bumps/re-posts will be treated as spam, the member will receive a warn. Example: Member posts trade on the 17th, member can not re-post/bump the same trade until the 18th.

So... if I see someone quoting their 12 hours old post... are they allowed to do that or not? I would have said No but somehow the trading rules and the ones from the threads don't match up?

If you think there's a problem, PM the thread host. But I'd agree - once in 24 hours.

17 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

I got a question regarding the trading threads:

A dragon trading thread: 

Rare Trading Bazaar:

Trading/Gifting Subforum, Rules and Guidelines:

So... if I see someone quoting their 12 hours old post... are they allowed to do that or not? I would have said No but somehow the trading rules and the ones from the threads don't match up?

Members need to edit their original post when adding details, unless it is a legal bump.

Every member needs an equal opportunity, for their trade to be seen. Changing wants is not a legal bump, only different "haves' make it legit.

From the Trading/Gifting Subforum, Rules and Guidelines.

From what I understand, changing the 'want' section or bumping the exact same trade request is a bump, and only one bump is allowed per day. 

But adding 'have's is a legal bump and is allowed more than once per day.

Maybe? Or not? I think the rules need to be clearer on what a 'legal bump' is.

That's true - if you are CHANGING your post significantly in terms of what you HAVE, you are allowed to re-post.

22 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I think the rules need to be clearer on what a 'legal bump' is.

The legal bump is exactly what you quoted.

I see plenty of bumps that don't contain any changes at all, made as soon as the thread gains a new page, sometimes within less than 4 hours - those are definitely not legal.

The thread host cannot do anything about this, only mods could.

Let's say I do not change my original post. Am I allowed to post shortly before midnight and then bump three hours later? That would not break the "once a day" rule but the 24 hours rule.

Before discussing this with the thread openers I would like to understand which one is right.

3 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

Let's say I do not change my original post. Am I allowed to post shortly before midnight and then bump three hours later? That would not break the "once a day" rule but the 24 hours rule.

Before discussing this with the thread openers I would like to understand which one is right.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/113928-tradinggifting-subforum-rules-and-guidelines/

Right at the top, it says:

We will allow one (1) bump every 24 hours. All other bumps/re-posts will be treated as spam, the member will receive a warn.

That's a mod's word. Seems clear :)

So, in essence, you may bump if either:

- you add something you are offering

or

- the 24 hours are over.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

12 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

No you may not re-post/bump 3 hours later.

Minor issue, but anyone else bugged that when you go to online users and sort by display name, it sorts in reverse-alphabetical order? Unless there's some way to make it not reversed that I don't know about.

Did anyone else's breeding page change after last nights maintenance? I noticed my 'breed' text changed to a neat little button. Looks nice imo. I'm guessing it's not a site wide change since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.

Zbl5puV.png

9 minutes ago, Terces said:

Did anyone else's breeding page change after last nights maintenance? I noticed my 'breed' text changed to a neat little button.

I noticed it this morning, but hadn't bred anything for a few days, so I wasn't sure when it happened.

Ah, you're right! I checked on the Portal 2 and 1960s skin and the button looks different for each version. It does stick out the most in the St Patrick's one though.

Oh cool, it's an actual site-wide change! I noticed the new breed button but thought it was just the new browser I'm using, since I'd never gone to the breed page in it before. I like the change, it looks good.

Edited by Marie19R

3 hours ago, Jazeki said:

St. Pat's looks a little different from the regular scroll.

st_pats_button_by_jazeki-dc0yuqk.png

St. Patrick's has boring button-looking buttons because I wasn't sure if buttons of the style of the other skins would work well.

Good to hear that the outline-style buttons are reading like buttons, though. I was also unsure if they'd look "clickable" enough (though I have been using them for events recently).

When did we get the ability to name Leetle Trees?

I JUST noticed that I can. Odd. I wonder what I ought to call Mine.

2 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

When did we get the ability to name Leetle Trees?

I JUST noticed that I can. Odd. I wonder what I ought to call Mine.

Must have been some time last summer. Someone made a thread in Site Discussion in July when they first noticed it:

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

St. Patrick's has boring button-looking buttons because I wasn't sure if buttons of the style of the other skins would work well.

Good to hear that the outline-style buttons are reading like buttons, though. I was also unsure if they'd look "clickable" enough (though I have been using them for events recently).

I like it - and I am a St Pat user. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't work :)

ETA Just had a look at the default. The St Pat's ones look MORE clickable !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The Blackout ones look like plain text :lol: I don't mind though. What matters is that they work, and they do that.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I precog'ed an egg, got male.  Influenced it to be female.  I thought that I could precog it again with the same dragon to see if it worked, but it's not showing up as an action choice.  Did I miss a step somehow?

The Aeon will be on cooldown. Bet if you have a second Aeon you should be able to, AFAIK.

Ah--thanks!  I thought I read elsewhere that the same dragon would work on the same egg more than once.  Wrong info, obviously!  Have a great day--