Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Wow. I don't spend enough time there, clearly !

What does "HM" and "SA" stand for? I saw a trade with someone looking for 2G SA's and HM's, and now I'm curious. 

1 minute ago, pikammd said:

What does "HM" and "SA" stand for? I saw a trade with someone looking for 2G SA's and HM's, and now I'm curious. 

HM = Honorable mention from when we had raffles- usually CB Alts

SA = Spriters Alt , when a spriters' dragon is used during holidays they get a special Alt in the color of their choice

3 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

HM = Honorable mention from when we had raffles- usually CB Alts

SA = Spriters Alt , when a spriters' dragon is used during holidays they get a special Alt in the color of their choice

Thank you! 

Maybe a stupid question, but...

The clock on the top of dragoncave site says at the moment is 7:18 pm EDT. If I click on the clock it open a page where it says "Time of the day: it is night. The sun if setting"

Ok, perfect. About 10 minutes ago (about 7:08 cave time) I bred my sunset dragon and an egg was produced, but opening the egg page it says it is a sunrise. Shouldn't it be a sunset instead?

Sunset/rise dragons are determined by the time when the egg hatches.  I think all the eggs say sunrise, don't believe I've ever seen an egg that said sunset.  Nice and confusing. ;)

26 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Sunset/rise dragons are determined by the time when the egg hatches.  I think all the eggs say sunrise, don't believe I've ever seen an egg that said sunset.  Nice and confusing. ;)

Correct. They all say Sunrise, but if they hatch at the right time they become Sunset hatchies. There is no such thing as an egg that says Sunset.

13 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Thank you Dracaena and purplehaze!

Other than the notification on release day, is there anywhere to check up coming new release information?  Thank you.

Just now, QVic said:

Other than the notification on release day, is there anywhere to check up coming new release information?  Thank you.

No information in advance, if that is what you were asking.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No information in advance, if that is what you were asking.

Yes, that's exactly what I am looking for.  Thank you.

PS: I want to breed a bunch of BSA but I am afraid I will egg-locked my scroll during a new release. XD

I would expect a release this weekend, though, if TJ follows his monthly release pattern. Of course, TJ is the master of the unexpected. ;) 

11 minutes ago, QVic said:

Yes, that's exactly what I am looking for.  Thank you.

PS: I want to breed a bunch of BSA but I am afraid I will egg-locked my scroll during a new release. XD

Check the AP. I saw lots of magis and pinks.

My tiny Q is: 

Naming Via Mobile: I’m not able to use an apostrophe like I can with desktop/laptop. (Yes the names are available as I’ve been testing and have been able to do it via both desktop and laptop)

I can do hyphens but not apostrophes. Am I doing it wrong?

(Cache/history cleared. On iPhone 6S plus, Safari Browser. Not trying at beginning or end of names either, but more central.)

Been driving me batty forevs. Any time I put apostrophe, the nope x is automatically there.

•If there’s an apostrophe in an already named dragon and I do a copy/paste to rename to a different dragon, there’s no problem.•

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, I’ve been searching and reading the giant threads but either my search terms are too vague or I’m blind, so finally decided to come ask.

Thanks much

Do you have the smart apostrophe thing on? I sometimes have issues keeping those in certain forms.

Edit: NP! I had to turn mine off for another site LOUDLY pointed out I had apostrophes that weren't going to work with its form fields. XD

Edited by Dirtytabs

Ooo! You are too fabulous! 

Had no idea what smart punctuation was so googled, found the setting, and sure enough, it was on. I just tested and I can now apostrophe my heart out. Whee!

You are the absolute best and get all the hugs! Thank you so very much!

While I was going through my monthly zombification shenanigans I came across something a bit weird with the corporalise BSA in frozen Celestial hatchies:

image.png.ad28d8e88ed647c25255631aa19dd348.png

Hatchies obviously can't breed eggs so would this bit of text be a mistake?

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

While I was going through my monthly zombification shenanigans I came across something a bit weird with the corporalise BSA in frozen Celestial hatchies:

image.png.ad28d8e88ed647c25255631aa19dd348.png

Hatchies obviously can't breed eggs so would this bit of text be a mistake?

It's a default description that was never corrected to not appear on hatchling pages. XD

Is something wrong with the trading hub? I have filtered for one specific breed and I get the tombstone error on any trade I try to offer on. It also happens when I leave the filter on any.

I'm on the mobile version of the site via Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S7 if it matters.

Screenshot_20180630-073745_Chrome.jpg

Edited by pegasi1978

Dunno but I just tested using a filter and it worked.

13 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

Is something wrong with the trading hub? I have filtered for one specific breed and I get the tombstone error on any trade I try to offer on. It also happens when I leave the filter on any.

I'm on the mobile version of the site via Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S7 if it matters.

Screenshot_20180630-073745_Chrome.jpg

The same happens to me when I try to use Fertility.

43 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

The same happens to me when I try to use Fertility.

I just tested the BSAs and got the same error on Fertility as well. Still having the error in the Trading Hub. @TJ09

Is anyone else still having issues with BSAs/the trading hub?

Nope still not working. It appeared I could offer on visible trade offers, but after I checked on Fertility I can't offer on them either. 

Edited by pegasi1978
Update with more information

Am I misremembering, or did AP eggs not used to show cracks/holes? I could've sworn they didn't use to show that while in the AP, but now I see AP eggs with cracks/holes fairly often. Anyone know when that changed?