Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

51 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's "only" 5 eggs you need :D

"Only" XD

Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to just make my own ND

Are the different Dino colors different rarities? I know they all only drop in the Jungle, but it seems like I see way more Green and Yellow Dinos then the other colors. Is that just my random luck, or are they actually more common then the other colors?

No idea, but you could compare prices in the Trading Hub to get an idea.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are the different Dino colors different rarities? I know they all only drop in the Jungle, but it seems like I see way more Green and Yellow Dinos then the other colors. Is that just my random luck, or are they actually more common then the other colors?

The Market rate seems to say red, purple, yellow/blue, green from most shards needed to least, but personally I see fewer purples than reds.

Dino "rarity" is pretty random, as far as I can tell. Personally I had the hardest time getting purples, the easiest time getting reds. But then again I've seen less yellow dinos than any other in trading hub, and more greens than any other. And somebody else told me they were having difficulty getting blues, and somebody else told me they can't seem to get any reds in trade or in cave. So really, there's probably not that much difference ^^

Edited by Aalbiel

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere:

Witchlight elemental affinity is ' Dark/Magi ' - does this mean they can breed Avatars of Change as well as Avatars of Destruction?

31 minutes ago, xeph23 said:

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere:

Witchlight elemental affinity is ' Dark/Magi ' - does this mean they can breed Avatars of Change as well as Avatars of Destruction?

According to the Wiki:

As a general rule, the elemental affinity of the dragon being bred to a Guardian of Nature (or Avatar) will determine what kind of Avatar the pairing has a chance of producing. See the list governing above for what elements correspond to which Avatar- keep in mind that only a dragon's primary elemental affinity affects Avatar breeding (if the dragon has more than one affinity).

Dragons with dual elemental affinity have so far only produced avatars of their primary element, not of the secondary, as far as I know.

Probably a newbie question but I'm gonna ask because of curiosity.

There's this egg I took from the cave, and unlike other eggs, it doesn't show its breed type.

I checked the "Which egg" wiki to figure out if it belongs to a certain breed but didn't find it.

The question is: is this a different kind of egg? A new breed? Or probably just a bug (who knows)?

Also a question: are there other eggs that doesn't show their breed types when taken?

(Or maybe I haven't searched deep enough)

(view code XGIze for those interested)

2 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Probably a newbie question but I'm gonna ask because of curiosity.

There's this egg I took from the cave, and unlike other eggs, it doesn't show its breed type.

I checked the "Which egg" wiki to figure out if it belongs to a certain breed but didn't find it.

The question is: is this a different kind of egg? A new breed? Or probably just a bug (who knows)?

Also a question: are there other eggs that doesn't show their breed types when taken?

(Or maybe I haven't searched deep enough)

(view code XGIze for those interested)

That's a pyrovar. It's new. you can read more about it in the currently being released section of the wiki and in the news thread. 

Ahh thanks for the info!
I guess most new released eggs are like that when freshly introduced?

14 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Ahh thanks for the info!
I guess most new released eggs are like that when freshly introduced?

Yeah. We can't unlock their names until TJ puts them in the encyclopedia. You can always check the news thread on the forum or the wiki for info whenever a new dragon is released though. 

ETA: truffles are also new and don't have their name on the site yet.

😀

Edited by Jazeki

Is there a thread for the encyclopedia help? I thought I had seen one but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Also, is there a place that will tell us when TJ or whoever updates more breed info so we can go back and collect all that too

editing also for; why does the encyclopedia not count my frozen celestial hatchies? It says I can unlock the g2 sprite after owning 2, but i own 3. 2 males and 1 female. ??

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

29 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Is there a thread for the encyclopedia help? I thought I had seen one but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Also, is there a place that will tell us when TJ or whoever updates more breed info so we can go back and collect all that too

editing also for; why does the encyclopedia not count my frozen celestial hatchies? It says I can unlock the g2 sprite after owning 2, but i own 3. 2 males and 1 female. ??

It doesn't count things that you've already clicked or things that you had before the encyclopedia was made. 

Here's the link you wanted: 

30 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

The Celestials are tricky, because of their different forms. Which hatchling sprite is it saying you still need unlocked, the corporeal (dark) or ethereal (the light form)? Frozen Celestials are ethereal, but they probably already counted in your Encyclopedia as corporeal while they were growing. You can view dragons over again after 30 days and it will count newly in the Encyclopedia, but you have to wait 30 days before viewing again. 

As for updates, TJ usually posts in the News section whenever there is a site update, including to the Encyclopedia. We don't usually get advance warning.

8 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Are Black Truffles officially rare?

I don't think so. I've seen lots in the biomes at all different times of day.

34 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Are Black Truffles officially rare?

I agree that they are most likely not. I am still seeing them quite a bit and even caught two in the last two days -- and I am no good at all at catching rares. As far as "officially"? I'm not sure we would know if they were!

I see the encyclopedia follows a male first sprite for showing on the front page, but horses still show the female sprite. Going to be changed??

4 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I see the encyclopedia follows a male first sprite for showing on the front page, but horses still show the female sprite. Going to be changed??

The horses have been there forever, I really don't think it's likely to change.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, Jazeki said:

Yeah. We can't unlock their names until TJ puts them in the encyclopedia. You can always check the news thread on the forum or the wiki for info whenever a new dragon is released though. 

ETA: truffles are also new and don't have their name on the site yet.

😀

Actually i searched them just a couple hours ago, was surprised as i hadnt seen them in encyclopedia , until today!