Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, Chatdweeb said:

Is there a rule on inappropriate names? I wanted to do a lyrical lineage, but there are some "bad words" in it. I checked the terms & conditions and didn't see anything, but I thought I'd check, just in case.

Every time you go to name a dragon, you get a warning ;)

Inappropriate names can result in dead dragons or permanent loss of the naming function. Lyrics do NOT save you from that.

See here: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/113782-name-check-thread/

Many thanks for the above answers and helps! One more stupid question, how long stay these Aeons in glowery forms?

As long as their cooldown, a week.

Has anyone else noticed this when naming dragons?

image.png.26b9b66515da28cadcd9e972a8a740d2.png

image.png.9dcda81ca9fe8ea808dd25bbf876f8e4.png

The game now shows you where invalid characters are, in the first case, being the whole phrase since it was just copy and pasted from a youtube comments section. I think thats pretty neat. :) 

Huh ? I tried that name and of course it just said it was already in use. No neat stuff at all... But I tried another with commas, and yes, I got a red underline. I do NOT get anything approaching that first one you got... No matter what name I puti n - it all stays in the box !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Neither do I. I just tried and mine only has the box as well without any preview...

Edited by Shelybear

16 minutes ago, Nandeenah said:

Can you kill a frozen GoN hatchling and resummon?

Releasing might actually be faster, considering that killing can be dodged by the dragon ...

What does CB stand for? What does AP stand for?

I'm still learning the slang and abbreviations lol

5 hours ago, Nandeenah said:

Can you kill a frozen GoN hatchling and resummon?

I'd be afraid to try killing it, your better option may be Ruby Eye's suggestion of releasing.

My reason for saying so is dead dragons are still associated with their scroll.  I know of one user who systematically killed all their dragons and the scroll still has a silver trophy without a single living dragon on it and I think they only have a handful of zombies.  The scroll

So, I have this vague memory of TJ saying loooong ago that dragons bred and grown on your scroll (as opposed to picked up from the AP or cave) are given a little 'boost' in regards to hatching/maturing easier/faster. I have no clue if that's still true or not, but it brought a question to mind: I know Black/Vine/Undine alts can only happen with bred eggs, biome-eggs can't hatch into alts. Is there any higher chance of the egg hatching into an alt if you bred it yourself? I'm assuming no, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone has experiences with that.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

So, I have this vague memory of TJ saying loooong ago that dragons bred and grown on your scroll (as opposed to picked up from the AP or cave) are given a little 'boost' in regards to hatching/maturing easier/faster. I have no clue if that's still true or not, but it brought a question to mind: I know Black/Vine/Undine alts can only happen with bred eggs, biome-eggs can't hatch into alts. Is there any higher chance of the egg hatching into an alt if you bred it yourself? I'm assuming no, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone has experiences with that.

Not that I've ever heard of. I've had similar luck with bred dragons and ones picked up from the AP, from what I've personally observed. I've never seen anyone mention having more luck hatching alts from their own bred eggs and I feel like that's the sort of thing people might have noticed if it were the case. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The "boost" thing seems to still be true, as I've seen an egg go back a couple cracking stages when traded from its original scroll. I don't think there's any truth to the alt thing, at least not that I've noticed. I haven't crunched the numbers or anything but my scroll has been pretty much devoted to alting recently and I haven't noticed anything to that effect.

15 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I'd be afraid to try killing it, your better option may be Ruby Eye's suggestion of releasing.

My reason for saying so is dead dragons are still associated with their scroll.  I know of one user who systematically killed all their dragons and the scroll still has a silver trophy without a single living dragon on it and I think they only have a handful of zombies.  The scroll

Alright. I'm not sure I still want to try it in case summon wont work.

I have a zyu egg that I must have warded without realising it.  It's sick now, so I went to ward it to find it said 'Already Protected'.  On my scroll it doesn't say it's protected, just sick.  Do I take it as protected?  I've hidden it but I'd like to know which way to take the protection facility.

ETA: Just looked at my action log to find it was two days ago when I warded it.  So why does it still say protected?

Edited by quinney

It doesn't mean that it IS protected; it means you already warded it so you can't do it again. Once per egg.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It doesn't mean that it IS protected; it means you already warded it so you can't do it again. Once per egg.

I understand and fair enough, but it would be a lot better if it said the egg has already used this facility.

I have a trade that I want to accept, but the blue button is greyed out and I can't select it. Does it mean the other person is locked? I've never seen this before. 

Edit: guess so. Just checked the other scroll.

Edited by Jazeki

45 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I have a trade that I want to accept, but the blue button is greyed out and I can't select it. Does it mean the other person is locked? I've never seen this before. 

Edit: guess so. Just checked the other scroll.

I've seen it greyed out when the other person can't accept the trade because they're locked, so that's definitely a thing. I haven't seen it greyed out for any additional reasons, but I assume it would also be greyed out if you're locked and can't accept the trade, too. :)

Hi, I must have missed this or didn't see it in the search here - or on the group page itself, but how do I remove an individual dragon from a group? 

@purplehaze  Thank you!

Edited by Mystic_Halo

22 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Hi, I must have missed this or didn't see it in the search here - or on the group page itself, but how do I remove an individual dragon from a group? 

Just go to the link on its view page to add to a group and uncheck the group it is in.