Ylvanne

Xenowyrm breeding pattern

What do you think breeding depends on?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've got to consider that people might not report results they consider boring/unsurprising or repeats of existing results, so our results will probably be skewed somewhat in the direction (numbers-wise) of pairings that produced a Xeno different to the Xeno parent. We can use it to determine what's possible but not how frequently it occurs.

Very true. I only reported the one "weird" result one and not the other 6 breedings.

Xenowyrm type: Gaia

-

Mate: White

Biome: Cave

Elemental affinity: Life/Light

Mana: Creation

-

Result: Gaia

So glad my first batch of adults grew up last night, I can contribute. I'm not sure about the affinity thing because I haven't really paid attention to it before now, do please correct me if I'm wrong! I did add mine to the GDoc.

Xenowyrm type: Thalassa

-

Mate: GoN

Biome: -

Elemental affinity: Neutral

Mana: -

-

Result: Thalassa

Xenowyrm type: Mageia

-

Mate: Magi

Biome: Coast

Elemental affinity: Magi

Mana: Change

-

Result: Mageia

Xenowyrm type: Chrono

-

Mate: Falconiform

Biome: Volcano

Elemental affinity: Fire

Mana: Destruction

-

Result: No egg

-

Mate: Purple Ridgewing

Biome: Alpine

Elemental affinity: Air

-

Xenowyrm type: Astrapi

-

Mate: Gemshard

Biome: Jungle

Elemental affinity: (don't know about this one)

-

Result: Gaia (!)

Xenowyrm type: Pyro

-

Mate: Desipis

Elemental affinity: Dark/Magi

-

Result: Pyro

If anyone has requests for breedings for my next hatchling batch (ones we need to see/reproductions of existing results) do please post here/let me know, I want to make them count.

(Thalassa female, Chrono male, Astrapi female, Pyro male, Gaia female, and Mageia male.)

Edited by Chalkboard

Chrono:

Male Hellfire Wyvern Female Volcano Fire Destruction Pyro ! There seems to be at least a partly random element to this

Male Hellfire Wyvern Female Volcano Fire Destruction Chrono ! Trying to reproduce this didn't work

May I suggest a theory? The people were breeding Chronos wyrms. Therefore there are two possibilities. One is getting the same type as a result - the second attempt listed gave another Chrono. The other possibility is getting the type that is influenced by the other parent - in this case both the biome and the affinity/mana both suggest pyro, so I can't be sure which of them are actually the influencers.

However, I think both the biome and the mana affects things. The mana has many examples, feel free to find them yourself, it's not hard with this thread around. A biome example is here:

Pyro:

Female Desipis Male Jungle Dark/Magi Destruction Gaia

Female Desipis Male Volcano Magi/Dark Destruction Pyro

Neutrals generally seem to let the wyrm breed true unless their biome makes an influence. Legendary Dragons seem to act as neutral as well, so that GoN x A-type xenowyrm can equal A-type xenowyrm (or an avatar)

Lastly, xenowyrm x xenowyrm = random

Chrono:

Female Chrono Male Forest Time Change Gaia

It has been shown that A-type x A-type can equal B-type. However, I have not yet found evidence that A-type x B-type can equal C-type.

One point missed is that nobody that has tried breeding them with a non-CB dragon has posted, so there is no information on that type of pairing.

Hopefully this has been useful and easy enough to follow and understand. If you have any more ideas, I can add them to this post if you wish.

By the way, Birdz, can you give any info as to whether any of my ravings are accurate?

Edit: this post explains everything wonderfully! smile.gif

Now to try breeding with 2nd gens...

Edited by MessengerDragon

-

Mate: Frill

Biome: Cave (Non-specific)

Elemental affinity: Neutral?

-

Result: Astrapi

http://dragcave.net/lineage/rJuRC

- - - - -

Xenowyrm type: Thalassas

-

Mate: Daydream

Biome: Cave (Non-specific)

Elemental affinity: Change

Mana: Air?

-

Result: Thalassas

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tkzgb

Im not fully versed on the mana thing, so Im not sure which to list the Daydream as.

Edited by Chuint

Neutrals generally seem to let the wyrm breed true unless their biome makes an influence. Legendary Dragons seem to act as neutral as well, so that GoN x A-type xenowyrm can equal A-type xenowyrm (or an avatar)

Lastly, xenowyrm x xenowyrm = random

This is what I read out of the Spreadsheet:

The Sheet lists 14 pairings of Xenowyrms with Non-Xenos and Non-GoNs that didn't breed true.

2 of those pairings produced the OTHER parent's egg.

The other 12 resulted in the Xeno that corresponds with the OTHER parent's biome.

-----------------------------------------------------

1 pairing Xeno x GoN yielded a different Xeno egg

And obviously pairing Xeno x Xeno has its own rules.

So based on this my theory is that a Xeno will mostly breed true with Non-Xenos with a small chance that the Non-Xeno parent's biome influences the outcome (which I suppose makes more sense than making it dependent on the Mana/Element since those are pretty unevenly spread among the existing dragon species)

Edited by Rubin

The other 12 resulted in the Xeno that corresponds with the OTHER parent's biome.

Yes. I mentioned at the start that a xeno x non-xeno can give:

A) The type of the xeno parent.

B) The typo of xeno that corresponds with the OTHER parent's biome/mana.

Chrono:

Male Hellfire Wyvern Female Volcano Fire Destruction Pyro ! There seems to be at least a partly random element to this

Male Hellfire Wyvern Female Volcano Fire Destruction Chrono ! Trying to reproduce this didn't work

May I suggest a theory? The people were breeding Chronos wyrms. Therefore there are two possibilities. One is getting the same type as a result - the second attempt listed gave another Chrono. The other possibility is getting the type that is influenced by the other parent - in this case both the biome and the affinity/mana both suggest pyro, so I can't be sure which of them are actually the influencers.

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

EDIT:

1 pairing Xeno x GoN yielded a different Xeno egg
It did? Which one? I didn't find one like that. Interesting... maybe xeno x GoN = random?

Also, yes, it does seem that breeding true is more likely than breeding a different one.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I understood you the first time around. What I'm saying is that I don't think Mana has that much of an influence on the outcome of the breeding, due to the above-mentioned reason of the alignments being too uneven throughout all of the dragon species.

It did? Which one? I didn't find one like that. Interesting... maybe xeno x GoN = random?

Also, yes, it does seem that breeding true is more likely than breeding a different one.

The first pairing in the Gaia section.

Though there is a chance that that egg is one of the 'freaks' if it was bred right after the first Xenos grew up. Like the Gold x Thalassa one.

Edited by Rubin

(sorry for the long post. ;3; I test bred some of my Xenowyrms earlier and thought I could try contributing to the data. my results aren't anything special other than that I only bred female Xenowyrms and two of the breedings were with CBs from the "cave".)

-

Mate: Magma

Elemental affinity: Fire

-

-

Mate: Swallowtail

-

-

Mate: Silver

Biome: Forest

Elemental affinity: Light

-

Result: Chronos

-

Mate: Gold

Elemental affinity: Earth

-

-

Mate: Radient Angel

Elemental affinity: Magi

-

Edited by suskekun222

Xenowyrm type: Mageia

-

Mate: Heartstealer

Elemental affinity: Neutral

-

Result: Mageia

(added to the spreadsheet, too)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I don't know if it has been suggested before, but why if it is a scroll-related thing? I've breed six of them, the ones with the female xeno produced the same breed, the only two with the male xeno produced related with the biome of the mother.. So for me it's a biome-related thing, but I have seen in other scrolls that it works differently so this is why I came up with this supposition smile.gif

Male xeno offspring example 1

Male xeno offpring example 2 (already posted two pages before)

(I'll add them all in the spreadsheet now smile.gif )

Edited by Mistyca_7

So for me it's a biome-related thing, but I have seen in other scrolls that it works differently so this is why I came up with this supposition smile.gif

Male xeno offspring example 1

Male xeno offpring example 2 (already posted two pages before)

Differently as in how? Got any examples?

Because the two eggs you just posted both point to the theory of a percentage of eggs reacting to the non-xeno parent's biome.

Differently as in how? Got any examples? 

Because the two eggs you just posted both point to the theory of a percentage of eggs reacting to the non-xeno parent's biome.

Yes, for me it works that way biggrin.gif

I was saying that for other users it was also working differently, if I recall correctly what I read here last night smile.gif

So this is way I thought about a scroll-related thing (like the color of the chrismas dragons, but not in the same way, I don't know if it is clear, sorry)

Edited by Mistyca_7

Xenowyrm type: Thalasa

-

Mate: Desipis

Biome: Forest

Elemental affinity: Dark/magi

Mana: Destruction/Change

-

Result: Chronos - and accidentally auto-abandoned to boot - grrrr.

but this one definitely points toward it being a result of the biome of the mate...

Edited by lilch

Did anyone breed their Xeno with a dragon that has 'Cave' listed for their biome (other than GoN) and got something other than the Xeno of the parent's type?

Birdz mentioned a 'little quirk' last night. That might be connected with Non-Xeno parents that have the original Cave listed as their biome (as GoNs do, even though technically they don't have a biome)

So far it seems to me that you've got a very big chance that any Xeno you breed may breed true (like 5 in 6? I don't know, since all we have to go by is the spreadsheet). And if it doesn't, the biome that the Non-Xeno partner originates from decides what Xeno you get instead. (This obviously doesn't depend on the partner#s gender either like it does with Coppers).

Now the 'little quirk' might well be that having a partner from the 'Cave' biome adds a random element to the mix. As that 'biome' is not aligned with a certain type of Xeno in theory it could produce all of them (which would explain the Pyro from GoN x Gaina in the spreadsheet)

Edit: Oh wonderful.... Someone doesn't get enough attention in real life it would seem... dry.gif

Edited by Rubin

What just happened to the spreadsheet!!??

it got trolled I do believe. I pmed Ylvanne.

Edited by lilch

Did anyone breed their Xeno with a dragon that has 'Cave' listed for their biome (other than GoN) and got something other than the Xeno of the parent's type?

Birdz mentioned a 'little quirk' last night. That might be connected with Non-Xeno parents that have the original Cave listed as their biome (as GoNs do, even though technically they don't have a biome)

So far it seems to me that you've got a very big chance that any Xeno you breed may breed true (like 5 in 6? I don't know, since all we have to go by is the spreadsheet). And if it doesn't, the biome that the Non-Xeno partner originates from decides what Xeno you get instead. (This obviously doesn't depend on the partner#s gender either like it does with Coppers).

Now the 'little quirk' might well be that having a partner from the 'Cave' biome adds a random element to the mix. As that 'biome' is not aligned with a certain type of Xeno in theory it could produce all of them (which would explain the Pyro from GoN x Gaina in the spreadsheet)

as soon as I'm not locked anymore I'll check it out with a frill - provided I ever have any males.

Thank you for PMing me!

Sadly, I have no back-up copye because I was VERY tired last night and fell asleep very early.

However, I'll try to put everything together again and give the pass to some people I trust so they can update with me.

It will be seen by everyone, but only updated by a few smile.gif

Not me. :/

And whoever is writing to that moron, stop it. All they do is get off on it. Just ignore them and next time we'll just have to use a spreadsheet that is NOT public. Lesson learned I'd say.

A few more of mine grew up and I tried breeding them to CBs with "cave", didn't get any of the results you wanted though. D: I have a few more growing up tomorrow so will try again then. Hopefully someone else has better luck.

Also, oh wow, o_o I read through the spreadsheet while it was still messed up, dang. I'd probably expect this behaviour anywhere else, but not here on DC.

Anyways,

-

Mate: Swallowtail

-

_____

Xenowyrm type: Pyro

-

Mate: Ribbondancer

Elemental affinity: Light

-

Result: Pyro

Edited by suskekun222

I have found a way to get the info back. Not saying how yet, because I don't want that person to ruin it, but there is a way to get the info back. My sister is saving a copy and I've PM-ed Ylvanne.