Ylvanne

Xenowyrm breeding pattern

What do you think breeding depends on?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Pyro wasn't interested in my Blusang. Alas... but at least they didn't refuse.

Will try my other Blusang with the Gaia when she grows.

Maybe it's random for Xenowym x Xenowyrm? Might also be random for Xenowyrm x Guardian of Nature.

If it were random, think of how many potential fails there might be for lineages...a nice high gen purebred line suddenly ruined by a "gray" duckling xd.png

If it were random, think of how many potential fails there might be for lineages...a nice high gen purebred line suddenly ruined by a "gray" duckling xd.png

Maybe people will start collecting 'Xeno-fails' just like they do Shimmerkin xd.png

Maybe it's random for Xenowym x Xenowyrm? Might also be random for Xenowyrm x Guardian of Nature.

Made me think...

Maybe each individual Xenowyrm is only capable of creating a child of a certain type of Xeno? Like, a single Pyro being capable of only producing Gaias while another Pyro is producing some other type. That would explain the odd results we're getting when you pair two of them together.

But I havent fully checked out this whole thread yet, and we wont start to understand until we've bred each wyrm multiple times.

Any consensus so far?

EDIT:

Oooh, once mine all grow up, I might try to make a rainbow checker out of them all if they do produce different types per pair...

Edited by Chuint

This, I think.

Otherwise maybe it's determined by mana/element?

Xenowyrm type: Gaia

-

Mate: Bliusang Lindwurm

Biome: Coast

Elemental affinity: Water

Mana: Creation

-

Result: Gaia Xenowyrm

I was kind of hoping for a Thalassa, lol. This is good too of course... and that means that so far all my attempts have either bred true or not produced an egg.

I've got a bit of a theory:

How about this: if you breed them you can get:

a) the type of xenowyrm you bred

cool.gif the type of xenowyrm the other breed points too

c) random if breeding with GoNs

???

Perhaps each pairing has a chance for 1 of 3 (Xenowyrm) eggs? One chance is for the Xenowyrm to pass down its mana alignment, another chance is for the other mate to pass down its mana alignment, with a final chance for the biome of the non-Xenowyrm mate to influence the result. I haven't compared all the results with this line of thought yet, however.

Edit: Oh wait, there's two Xenowyrms that produced an unaffiliated egg. Hmmm...

Reminds me of this theory I have. It might still work if Xeno x Xeno is random, as well as Xeno x GoN. Would the same randomness be true of other Cave biome dragons? Like if the RNG decided to pull from the biome, but the Biome is Cave.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Xenowyrm type: Chrono

-

Mate: Deep sea

Biome: Before biomes... it says cave, but according to Encyclopedia it is Coast.

Elemental affinity: Water

-

Result: Chrono - http://dragcave.net/lineage/rFI0F

Edited by Naughtrish

Frowny face at all the people that voted that I was trolling you guys. ;-; I'm not going to mislead anyone...

Anyway though....

--------------------------

-

Mate: Radiant Angel

Biome: Desert

Elemental affinity: Magi

Mana: Change? Magi? lol

-

Result: Chrono Xenowyrm

---------------------------

-

Mate: Desipis

Biome: Jungle

Elemental affinity: Magi/Dark

-

Result: Chrono Xenowyrm

Xenowyrm type: Pyro

-

Mate: Sunstone

Biome: Desert

Elemental affinity: Fire

Mana: Destruction? Fire? lol

-

Result: Pyro Xenowyrm

Xenowyrm type: Astrapi

-

Mate: Desipis

Biome: Coast

Elemental affinity: Magi/Dark

-

Result: Astrapi Xenowyrm

Aaaand my Thalassa refused my Speckle-throated, so... yeah.

eta: if anyone wants to add these to the google doc, go ahead.

Edited by birdzgoboom

Birdz how does the breeding even work, right now it seems kinda random and hard to make lineages .s.? theyarestillreallyprettydragonseitherway

Edit:

I am so confused now...I was looking at other peoples breeding from after when I bred and they seem to be breeding true to the parents...?

Edited by Asketil

Aaaand my Thalassa refused my Speckle-throated, so... yeah.

Ditto sad.gif

Xenowyrm type: Astrapi

-

Mate: Silver

Biome: Alpine

Elemental affinity: Light

-

Result: Astrapi Xenowyrm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xenowyrm type: Thalassa

-

Mate: Winter Seasonal

Biome: Alpine

Elemental affinity: Time

Mana: Change

-

Result: Thalassa Xenowyrm

Has anyone tried Chrono x Shallow Water or Mageia x Shallow Water? I may have some breeding plans, but I'd like to know what these two pairs would result in.

Birdz how does the breeding even work, right now it seems kinda random and hard to make lineages .s.? theyarestillreallyprettydragonseitherway

Edit:

I am so confused now...I was looking at other peoples breeding from after when I bred and they seem to be breeding true to the parents...?

It's not simply random. There's a mechanic there, it's not just a totally random everything-has-the-same-chances thing.

(It's actually fairly simple. There's maybe one quirk in the whole thing, but the majority of it all is simple enough.)

Xenowyrm type:Mageia

-

Mate: Neotropical

Biome: Cave

Elemental affinity: Neutral

Mana: N/A

-

Result: Mageia

Bred this to remove some potential variables. This Neotropical does not have a biome, does not have any elemental affinities, and the Mageia bred true. Also, the pairing does look pretty nice. ^^

It's not simply random. There's a mechanic there, it's not just a totally random everything-has-the-same-chances thing.

(It's actually fairly simple. There's maybe one quirk in the whole thing, but the majority of it all is simple enough.)

*sekritly passes box of cookies*

can i haz teh sekrit breeding thingy mechanic thingy nao

xd.png

Maybe it's just a large chance of getting the xeno parent's breed, with a small shot of a random xeno?

From what I counted on Ylvanne's sheet, 23% of the listed eggs so far have turned out to be different Xeno's from their parents. So it's pretty close to a 1/4 odds.

Chronos have had the most deviant eggs so far. Astrapis so far have stayed the truest.

Yep. And every time someone thinks they have it, the quirk messes everything up so they decide their version is wrong.

P.S. if we don't get it, how soon do you plan on telling us?