Ylvanne

Xenowyrm breeding pattern

What do you think breeding depends on?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...yeah, I meant Life. My bad, but still... Life and Light fall under the same category.

Mana of creation: Life, water, earth, light

Mana of change: Time, ice, magi, air

Mana of destruction: Death, lightning, dark, fire

And we do! They're strongly associated with a mana, as stated in each of their descriptions.

Astrapi: Lightning

Thalaasa: Water

Mageia: Magi

Chrono: Time

Gaia: Life

Pyro: Fire

Also their names reflect that, I'm pretty sure all their names are the Greek names of their element. I looked up a few of them to confirm that, and of course Chrono, Gaia, and Pyro are obvious.

The way to confirm this is probably to breed the Xenos outside their elements. So say, a Gaia with a Black Marrow (Death) would *hopefully* result in either a Pyro or a Astrapi, because both those are under the same category as Death.

Edited by silver_chan

Maybe if the mates mana are of the same kind, they breed a Xwno, but if they're different, they go under the mother's breed (?)

Idk, it would ruin some lineages and I haven't checked close enough to know it properly tongue.gif

So a pairing gives one of three (?) things:

1) A Xeno egg of the same kind as the Xeno-parent

2) A Xeno egg of the Alignment of the non-Xeno parent (there are 2 Xenowyrms for each of 3 Alignments, so technically this outcome has 2 Xeno possibilities)

3) An egg of the same kind of the non-Xeno parent?

Here are the Xeno alignments:

Astrapi and Pyro are Destruction

Gaia and Thalassa are Creation

Chrono and Mageia are Change

The elements of each alignment are in the Encyclopedia.

edit just to say that this is what I've gathered but I could be waaay off, this is a lot of info to synthesize

Edited by glamoursea2

The thing there are only 3 kinds of mana... So how do the 6 kinds work there?

OK, let's go in a little deeper, I think I'm onto something. wink.gif

These are the elemental affinities of Xenowyrms (as listed in the adult descriptions): Astrapi = Lightning (element of destruction), Thalassa = Water (element of creation), Mageia = Magi (element of change), Chrono = Time (element of change), Gaia = Earth and Life (elements of creation), Pyro = Fire (element of destruction).

If you breed a Xenowyrm with a dragon of a certain elemental affinity, you can probably get either the same xenowyrm egg or an egg that matches the elemental affinity of the other parent (my bet is on mothers). wink.gif However, this is only a theory and it doesn't have to be correct. Also, bear in mind that Guardians of Nature don't always produce avatars - sometimes they produce regular eggs of dragons who are able to give avatars, so it all depends on how lucky you are. smile.gif

But wouldn't that mean that there are three varieties of Xeno you can't breed? There are three types of Mana but we have 6 types of Xeno. So how does it split?

Three categories, but each of them has four elements, so that makes twelve different mana types. Anything can happen. biggrin.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

...yeah, I meant Life. My bad, but still... Life and Light fall under the same category.

Mana of creation: Life, water, earth, light

Mana of change: Time, ice, magi, air

Mana of destruction: Death, lightning, dark, fire

And we do! They're strongly associated with a mana, as stated in each of their descriptions.

Astrapi: Lightning

Thalaasa: Water

Mageia: Magi

Chrono: Time

Gaia: Life

Pyro: Fire

Also their names reflect that, I'm pretty sure all their names are the Greek names of their element. I looked up a few of them to confirm that, and of course Chrono, Gaia, and Pyro are obvious.

The way to confirm this is probably to breed the Xenos outside their elements. So say, a Gaia with a Black Marrow (Death) would *hopefully* result in either a Pyro or a Astrapi, because both those are under the same category as Death.

Well, but your theory (and mine, *sigh*) gives a problem with thise breeding test:

male Chrono x female Blusang = Chrono

Time is under different cathegory than Water... So how does it work?

Man I really really really hope this is it. It's so exciting and so many cool possibilities to breed...

Well, but your theory (and mine, *sigh*) gives a problem with thise breeding test:

male Chrono x female Blusang = Chrono

Time is under different cathegory than Water... So how does it work?

But that's only one chance that it could result in, the baby could still take after either parent because it could a. not become a Xeno, or b. take after the Xeno parent's mana affiliation. So this still fits.

Edited by silver_chan

I really hate to disprove the theory but I snagged this from the other thread:

user posted image

Gold Dragons are aligned with Earth, Thalassa with Water, which both are creation.

The result in this case was a Mageia, which is Change

Yes, and Thalassa was a sea goddess in greek mythology.

Man I really really really hope this is it. It's so exciting and so many cool possibilities to breed...

But that's only one chance that it could result in, the baby could still take after either parent because it could a. not become a Xeno, or b. take after the Xeno parent's mana affiliation. So this still fits.

Yes, just like Guardians of Nature and Avatar breeding. @Ylvanne, you yourself recently bred a thunder to a GoN? And instead of an Avatar of Destruction, you got a thunder. There you have it, one possible scenario is similar to this. smile.gif

user posted image

Gold Dragons are aligned with Earth, Thalassa with Water, which both are creation.

Boy, you do have a point there. But, what if the biomes had some influence as well? If it had been picked up from the Desert, that could make sense. Oh, boy, this is so hard. xd.png

Edited by *Silver Fox*

user posted image

...sigh. All my pretty little theories, destroyed. :/

OK, let's go in a little deeper, I think I'm onto something. wink.gif

These are the elemental affinities of Xenowyrms (as listed in the adult descriptions): Astrapi = Lightning (element of destruction), Thalassa = Water (element of creation), Mageia = Magi (element of change), Chrono = Time (element of change), Gaia = Earth and Life (elements of creation), Pyro = Fire (element of destruction).

If you breed a Xenowyrm with a dragon of a certain elemental affinity, you can probably get either the same xenowyrm egg or an egg that matches the elemental affinity of the other parent (my bet is on mothers). wink.gif However, this is only a theory and it doesn't have to be correct. Also, bear in mind that Guardians of Nature don't always produce avatars - sometimes they produce regular eggs of dragons who are able to give avatars, so it all depends on how lucky you are. smile.gif

So... If you say breed a male Astrapi, Lighting (destruction) with a female White, Light/Life (creation), you'll get one of these:

- Astrapi, because it's one of the parent's breed.

- White, because it's one of the mother's breed.

- Gaia or Thalasa, because they belong to the mother's elemental affinity mana type.

It's a bit confusing, but logical.

Edit:

There goes our theory :S

user posted image

Edited by Ylvanne

user posted image

(Jack Skellington voice) What does it mean??

*crumples up my theory and tosses it*

Welp, back to the drawing board.

Personally, I think its too soon to tell. But yes, I think it is related to the type of Mana. A good way to track it would be to list all of the types of non-parent Xeno gotten, and to pair them with the same breeds of non-Xenos.

As for the element of the Xenos, their descriptions are pretty clear:

Chronos are Time

Astrapi are Lightning

Thalassas are Water

Mageia are Magi

Pyros are Fire

Gaia are Life

The various magical elements:

http://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/elements

Cheers!

C4.

(Jack Skellington voice) What does it mean??

*crumples up my theory and tosses it*

Welp, back to the drawing board.

Which Biome did that Gold dragon come from?

Cheers!

C4.

Cheers!

C4.

Volcano, but that still doesn't seem to explain the results.

Cheers!

C4.

Eeeek!

It's from Volcano :S

Edit: Ninja'ed by glamoursea2 tongue.gif

Edited by Ylvanne

Cheers!

C4.

THAT is a good question. However you'll have to ask Djengis on that one as it's her screenshot that she posted in the breeding-plans-thread

Edit: ninja'd - however Volcano would suggest a Pyros - so obviously the biome is not the decisive factor

Edited by Rubin

OK, I decided to think for once in my life, and BAM! Nope. tongue.gif

This is sooooooo confusing! xd.png

Maybe... the biomes themselves have a mana affiliation? o_0 Reaching I know, but *I wanna know what it is* I'm so curious.

Volcano, but that still doesn't seem to explain the results.

Hmmm..... Golds are found in every Biome.....

I think we need lots more results

Cheers!

C4.

I'm currently egglocked, but two of my eggs will hatch soon and I have an adult female Gaia and an adult female Chronos. what do y'all think should I breed them to in order to test theories? I'm a bit confused about all the elemental/biome stuff, but give me suggestions and I'll be happy to test them and post the results here. smile.gif

I tried some Xenos with each other. Only egg I got so far was from Chrono (female - time mana = change) and Gaia (male - life mana = creation) and it got me a Gaia egg.

Lineage At least they do look lovely together.

Edited by _Dragoness_

OK, I decided to think for once in my life, and BAM! Nope. tongue.gif

This is sooooooo confusing! xd.png

You and me both.

All I'm gonna say is, I'm glad the Xeno eggs are all pretty. It makes up for them being so complicated.

edit

If the biomes have a mana affiliation, I'd think Volcano = Destruction, and that doesn't help with the case of the Mysterious Mageia.

Edited by glamoursea2

Female Gaia + Male summer -> Gaia

Female Chrono + Maale winter -> refuse dry.gif

Female Pyro + Male desipis -> Gaia huh.gif

For the elements game though, they were connected not just by change/creation/destruction but also in a second dimension - would the gold's offspring make sense if we allow for that?

I remember (or at least I think I do) life, death and time were a group (green-edged).

Edited by ObsessedWithCats