Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I've been breeding my Aeons & Blusangs to make a nice lineage but so far I haven't been able to get a single blusang from my pairings, only aeons. In any other case I'd be thrilled but...I really want some blusangs ;A;

For my current project, I'm gathering offspring from purple nebula x GoN.

So far, 6/7 nebula have colored green. DDD;

I forgot to put a Fire Gem egg in the hatcheries last night and now I'm just hoping it will hatch fast enough before 12 AM today. Fire gems are so stubborn and take so long to hatch I always try and enter them into hatcheries once they are five days old so that they might possibly hatch on time.

Of course the one time I want a Lunar egg from my 2G Lunar x Silver pair, they give me a Silver :rolleyes:

There was just a bunch of Zyus in the AP over a span of about 5 minutes, I kept clicking and missing them, but a few showed up multiple times... Out of 6 different Zyus I saw, the only one messy enough to keep was a red, which is the only color I actually have my scroll-goal of already. Ugh.

Grabbed a Green Dino. Guess I'll throw it in the Departures thread in five hours...

My current bad luck.. 8 years of summoning and still no stupid dragon from that skill. 8 friken years! that spawn rate is horrific. 

44 minutes ago, Zerachiel said:

My current bad luck.. 8 years of summoning and still no stupid dragon from that skill. 8 friken years! that spawn rate is horrific. 

Have you collected extras of all three Trio dragons (Ice, Magma, Thunder)? The more you have the better the chance of summoning a Guardian of Nature.

6/8 of the eggs on my scroll are ER eggs and its taking absolutely ages for them to hatch. >_<

This is why you put your eggs in hatcheries prior to them reaching 4 days rather than lazily dumping them all in one go like I do, people.

36 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

6/8 of the eggs on my scroll are ER eggs and its taking absolutely ages for them to hatch. >_<

I'm having a similar problem with some of my eggs because I didn't realise until they were ER that I'd forgotten to put them in hatcheries at all. :lol: Oops! Bad luck I didn't notice earlier! 

5 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

This is why you put your eggs in hatcheries prior to them reaching 4 days rather than lazily dumping them all in one go like I do, people.

I've been having that problem a lot, because I've gotten paranoid about viewbombers so I keep my eggs hidden all the time. Then I forget to check their timers, they get down to ER-time, and have no views at all yet. 

During the recent new dragons release, I had eggs with 2 hours remaining, so I waited them out before grabbing new eggs rather than abandoning them at low time and about to hatch. Ended up missing the new release drops because of it.

3 hours ago, joshua123_4 said:

During the recent new dragons release, I had eggs with 2 hours remaining, so I waited them out before grabbing new eggs rather than abandoning them at low time and about to hatch. Ended up missing the new release drops because of it.

They still drop though. And really, 2 hours shouldn't make that much difference when it's not a holiday release ...

Someone offered a beautiful 3G Prize on a trade I posted, but it was ER. I sent them a PM wondering if it had been influenced and if they could hatch it...no response. So I bit the bullet and accepted, because the only other offer wasn't all that interesting. Of course precog says it's the wrong gender. I basically gave my ~not ER~ Shimmer egg away for free :angry:

4 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Someone offered a beautiful 3G Prize on a trade I posted, but it was ER. I sent them a PM wondering if it had been influenced and if they could hatch it...no response. So I bit the bullet and accepted, because the only other offer wasn't all that interesting. Of course precog says it's the wrong gender. I basically gave my ~not ER~ Shimmer egg away for free :angry:

Kinda had the opposite problem.  Had a 2G prizekin egg at about 3 and a half days when I got an even gen 3G shimmer trade offer for it I liked - but of course they ignored the 1:1 request in the post & offered 2 eggs, the other being a copper checker.  Which was lovely, but not anything like what I put in my post as what I was looking to trade for.  I would have gladly taken just the shimmer!  I couldn't accept the offer immediately because I was egg-locked.  What do people think 1:1 means?

Of course by the time I was free to accept, the offer had disappeared.  Couldn't wait 6 hours, huh?  Now the kin is below 3 days, I forgot to influence it in time, & it precog'd the wrong gender.  I think I'll try making it a zombie :dry:.

Currently having problems breeding these two, despite using fertility on both of them every-time :dry:: (https://dragcave.net/view/Zoz05) (https://dragcave.net/view/xHAQv)

The funny part? For giggles; genuine interest; and also to help those out who need Zyus, I breed these two together: (https://dragcave.net/view/UjSOu) (https://dragcave.net/view/terDO) and so far have gotten eggs every time...without fertility.

May just have to switch the mates around here. :P

I have been breeding these two for a silver Tinsel offspring since NOVEMBER to complete my end of an IOU trade bargain.

I just...anyone know the chances of that happening? I've NEVER had THIS BAD of luck, and honestly, it's really frustrating. I'm thinking of getting a new Khusa, though I know empirically that's not supposed to improve the chances. :dry:

sigh.png

@Cirvihi It might be really difficult to get a Tinsel from that, from what I've seen Khusas are pretty dang common, maybe even annoyingly-common, so it's definitely much more likely to get a Khusa then a Tinsel. Also Khusas are still very new, only about 8 months since they were released, so they are probably still playing catch-up with whatever ratio they should be at.

If you have some celestial dragons you could breed any other kusha you have to your celestial dragons to at least try and dent the ratios (albeit by a very small amount).

It might just be a drop in the bucket when the ratio's numbers are concerned but it's better than nothing.

Edited by blockEdragon

1 hour ago, Cirvihi said:

I have been breeding these two for a silver Tinsel offspring since NOVEMBER to complete my end of an IOU trade bargain.

I just...anyone know the chances of that happening? I've NEVER had THIS BAD of luck, and honestly, it's really frustrating. I'm thinking of getting a new Khusa, though I know empirically that's not supposed to improve the chances. :dry:

sigh.png

Khusas are very new in comparison and very common to boot so it will be annoying, if not very painstakingly long, to get a prize from them.

9 hours ago, Jenneta said:

Currently having problems breeding these two, despite using fertility on both of them every-time

You're wasting a Purple then every time. TJ himself has stated that using fertility on BOTH partners does not raise the chances higher than using it on only ONE of them.

@Cirvihi That's Khusas for you, sadly. I'm breeding my Khusas as often as I remember to try and get *anything* else from them, but trying for a Prize from them is quite an endeavour! Good luck!

Another boring breed are Spirit Wards. No Sunsongs from them. :dry:

On 4/28/2018 at 12:41 PM, StormWizard212 said:

I'm having a similar problem with some of my eggs because I didn't realise until they were ER that I'd forgotten to put them in hatcheries at all. :lol: Oops! Bad luck I didn't notice earlier! 

The terrible thing is that i've done the exact same thing again despite warning myself only two days ago! XD God dangit, not again!