Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

6 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I hate it when that happens. It always turns out to be just the one letter amongst numbers like 17S54, too, making the code completely useless. 

Lowercase L's, uppercase i's and number-like letters are a code-hoarder's worst nightmare. 

My current bad luck is that I keep getting offers on my trades that are *not* what I'm asking for. I make it very clear in my trade posts that I do not want any breeds other then the ones listed in the post or in my signature, even made that part of the text very large, and yet I still get offers of breeds I haven't listed! And even though they are not respecting my 'no other breeds' line, I still feel bad about declining because that's just how I am... At one point I did accept an offer that was not on my list because the person was nice enough to PM me about it, but to me it feels like people just offer on trades they want without even actually reading the post.

Holding hatchies for an IOU in which the IOU person hasn't been on since the beginning of April. ://

3 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

Holding hatchies for an IOU in which the IOU person hasn't been on since the beginning of April. ://

In future, it can be a good idea when you're making IOUs to stipulate that you will hold them for a certain amount of time (48 hours for example) and if they're not picked up then you consider your IOU fulfilled. I've heard of people getting stuck breeding/raising twice as many things needed as the original IOU because they were never picked up.

My current bad luck isn't really that current, but I only just noticed it. I was going through all my holiday 2nd gens and even gens and oh my goodness. Over the years, I've been so unlucky with Halloween gendering! I always make sure I influence my Halloween babies just in case, but for some breeds, misgendering was more common than ones that actually gendered correctly! Out of the 30+ Shadow Walkers (I think? Or maybe it was the Marrows) only 11 gendered the correct way. Some would have been picked up as hatchlings already and I'm sure I forgot to influence a few, but man! As I was going through them, I kept thinking, "Again?!" :lol: I've got some really gorgeous lineages that unfortunately I won't be able to continue. 

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I've got some really gorgeous lineages that unfortunately I won't be able to continue. 

But if they're 2nd gens, you can make gender-alternating checkers with them, like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/WrwCE

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

But if they're 2nd gens, you can make gender-alternating checkers with them, like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/WrwCE

It's not quite the same. :( Especially when it involves breeds with dimorphism (and ones with different coloured male/female sprites). They're not all 2nd gens anyway, unfortunately. I've got a lot of lovely 3rd and 4th gen checkers that are unfortunately the wrong gender. I'll definitely be influencing carefully this Halloween, that's for sure. :P 

Current bad luck: unable to find what I'm looking for in the AP, but found heaps of stuff I wanted a couple of days ago when I was egglocked. :lol: Always the way. 

Stuff intended for trades and gifts growing up on my scroll, even after being stunned (stun ran out). 

@AVermiciousKnid It's not necessarily a mean spirited thing, it's not all that uncommon for people to take something from that thread and then realize they already have a lineage just like it or something like that. Yeah, it would've been nice if they had put it back in the thread, but they aren't obligated to. 

19 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

My current bad luck is that I keep getting offers on my trades that are *not* what I'm asking for. I make it very clear in my trade posts that I do not want any breeds other then the ones listed in the post or in my signature, even made that part of the text very large, and yet I still get offers of breeds I haven't listed! And even though they are not respecting my 'no other breeds' line, I still feel bad about declining because that's just how I am... At one point I did accept an offer that was not on my list because the person was nice enough to PM me about it, but to me it feels like people just offer on trades they want without even actually reading the post.

This is my trading life.  My poor attempt at one, rather desismileys_7021.gif.

I can never find what I'm looking for in the cave. I swear everytime I'm searching for something I can never find it even though when I'm not looking for it it's everywhere! This has happened with multiple breeds of dragons, even commons! It's like when I'm not looking for them they're everywhere but when I actually need a certain breed they're no where. Ugh

4 hours ago, Mochi said:

I can never find what I'm looking for in the cave. I swear everytime I'm searching for something I can never find it even though when I'm not looking for it it's everywhere! This has happened with multiple breeds of dragons, even commons! It's like when I'm not looking for them they're everywhere but when I actually need a certain breed they're no where. Ugh

I know exactly how you feel -_- It's so annoying!!

So I'm too egglocked for breeding, so I go to the AP to look for naming material. Both the code and the 8-character AP string behind it may sometimes look like names ...

"Nieqrpzp"

Well, while that is even properly capitalized, it would sound like I'd be trying to spit out some hair that had gotten on my tongue XD

I'll keep looking :lol:

This little dragon was laid in early December, and I've been trying it every week in the hope of getting a chrono (and once a month, in the hope of getting a silver lunar herald).

https://dragcave.net/progeny/ytu9u

You're holding up the whole checker lineage, guy. Just today, your brethren bred two 2g silver lunar heralds, and 2 2g chronos. I already have a 3g mate (of either kind) waiting for your offspring. Hurry up!!!

21 hours ago, Mochi said:

This happens all the time! I'm currently looking for a CB Nexus to gift someone, I swear I see them constantly when I'm looking for other things, but now suddenly I haven't seen one all day. 

My one M Gold x Thunder pair won't give me an egg at all, ever.  I already traded for a Gold mate for their hypothetical Thunder kid, assuming that would be easier to get.  But this is getting ridiculous.   It's been a year and a half of trying with Fertility.  

28 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

My one M Gold x Thunder pair won't give me an egg at all, ever.  I already traded for a Gold mate for their hypothetical Thunder kid, assuming that would be easier to get.  But this is getting ridiculous.   It's been a year and a half of trying with Fertility.  

3 times "no egg" as well, sorry :(

14 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

If it's a 2G or 3G pairing, I might be able to help.

My current bad luck: I keep forgetting to hunt when my slots are empty, so now I have a long list of things I need.

Current bad luck: The last few days I've been constantly locking myself with possible-alts (Blacks *and* Undines!) with lineages that I don't want to keep if they aren't alts. I'm in a perpetual cycle of shoving AP eggs into ERs, hatching them, finding out they are not alts, abandoning them, rinse repeat. This is why I don't normally concentrate on alts, it's too frustrating!

@HeatherMarie I have something to do with alts going on as well. :T

-Gasp at the sheer good luck when three out of your four bred Undine eggs hatch alt.

-Headdesk when you realize that you didn't influence any of them, because you didn't expect to actually get alts on your first breeding run this time around, and they're all female (thanks precog).

...Basically, I'm just trying to get an adult and hatchling of each gender (plus an ungendered hatchling) for Undine alts. Breeding them is time consuming and often fruitless.

Right now, however, I have an adult female, a frozen female hatchling, and an ungendered. So... if just one of these three is male, I'm just one away from being done breeding for alts!

Nope. All female. Three alt Undines and they're all lovely, but still.

It's like I can imagine these three glittery gold Undine hatchlings, all excited faces peering up at me like I'm special, mama! and I'm just. Deadpan as my Aeon's tell me that "they're all girls!"

...at least I can use one of them for breeding projects. The other two are going to be frozen into eternal youth. :T

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Current bad luck: The last few days I've been constantly locking myself with possible-alts (Blacks *and* Undines!) with lineages that I don't want to keep if they aren't alts. I'm in a perpetual cycle of shoving AP eggs into ERs, hatching them, finding out they are not alts, abandoning them, rinse repeat. This is why I don't normally concentrate on alts, it's too frustrating!

And then, when you're working on a lineage, they alt at the worst possible moment. XD

My dark green egg is down to 3 days 21 hours, has over 3,000 views, and won't hatch! I just want to see if it's an alt before I go to bed, ugh.

Missed an ungendered 2g Carina in the AP.