SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

"Indeed we are! Alright kids, I got to go. Got to make my lady dinner. I'll play tomorrow." He got up and put down the girl leading Gwen into her home closing the door and kissing her. "How was your day love?"

Juniper flushed. "You.. you think... I'm.....? " She looked up at him shyly and touched her cheek.

"I'm glad and you don't have to," Gwen said in reply to what Theo said about them having fun as well as him having to make her dinner before he led her back to her house and kissed her after closing the door again behind them. She kissed him back before hearing the question he asked her.

"It was good I guess but I missed you the whole day," she said before wrapping her arms around his neck. "How was yours?"

"Yes I do," Xavier said in reply to her question with a nod and a smile. "You don't think you are?"

This question that he asked was asked with surprise in his voice since he thought that she knew that she was that way already but then he silently cursed himself for assuming something that was apparently not the case.

Theo holds her, his arms around her waist with a smile. "You and Morgan passed me twice on your ride. Had a very good day hunting and I hope you like ran it stew. It's all hot and ready for us. I haven't ate yet... I did miss you though. I was planning on walking out to talk to you ladies but seeing you was enough. I recognize your beautiful face anywhere..oh and I gave the cat a bath and deworming medicine so she should be quite healthy now. Although not happy with me at the moment..."

Juniper shook her head turning away. "I haven't looked in a proper mirror for several years, and i have been a servant of low bystanders since I was ten. The way I see beauty is women with smooth skin and dark hair like the princess....." She said quietly.

"Oh really? I guess you hid really well then since I didn't see you and I don't think Morgan did either or she would've mentioned seeing you to me. Hm rabbit stew does sound good and why isn't she liking you at all? Is it because you gave her a bath?" Gwen asked and said in reply to mostly everything that Theo said but did blush a bit when she heard what he said about him seeing her beautiful face.

"Then the next time we're near a mirror I'll have you look into it because to me you are beautiful; more beautiful than Annabelle," Xavier said in reply to everything that Juniper said still with the smile on his face.

"I am a hunter, we are good at hiding. Yes... She didn't like the bath." He dishes the stew out and sat down with her showing his scratched up hands. "She should be tick and flea free now though. " he smiled at her.

Juniper blushed and looked up at him. She moved away from him. "I.. i better get going. You should too. Dinner is soon. You should stop avoiding your father now... Perhaps he has cooled off."

"I bet and I guess it's been from long practice of being able to do so. I'm sorry that she gave you all those scratches and maybe next time you give her a bath you should wear some gloves to protect your hands," Gwen said in reply to what Theo said in his first couple of statements before hearing what he said last after he spooned out some stew for the both of them and sat down with her at the table. "That's good at least."

She then started to eat the stew that he had made and let out an, "Mm" at how good it was and even had a content look on her face as she did that.

Xavier smiled a bit more when he saw her blush and then just sighed and nodded in reply to what she said.

"Alright if you insist," he said before he lifted her right hand to his lips and kissed it afterward with a twinkle in his eyes before heading back towards the castle.

Theo blushed rubbing the back of his neck. "Not at good as the palace cook but I tried my best. I'm not good at herbs though.. they are all green and look the same to me..." he ate in silence after that, keeping his eyes on his bowl.

Juniper was as red as a tomato as she watched him go. When he was out of sight she scurried to the kitchens to work. She worked hard today, trying to distract herself. It can't happen between them. Not unless she becomes a Nobel again. Hopefully he'll talk to his father finally about giving her a slight raise so she can build up her status again. It would take a while... a long while.. but she is good at saving and investing.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"It's still really good. Just as good as the Spaghetti that you made the other night for dinner," Gwen said in reply while smiling a little bit at the blush that was on Theo's cheeks.

She thought that he was really cute when he was embarrassed. After she said what she did, she also went back to eating her stew and also still with a content look on her face as she did so.

Xavier got to his father's chamber a little while later, bringing up the point about Juniper's raise first and then getting into a slightly heated argument regarding him and Annabelle afterward. He knew that they'd have an argument about this topic but hopefully they could still come to some sort of agreement/compromise at the end.

Theo chuckled nervously and finished eating his meal then went to scrub the dishes clean. "You should have enough leftovers for tomorrow's dinner..... unless you want me to try my hand at making something else..." One more day like this... then back to the castle. Hopefully they had worked something out about the proposal. He jumped when the cat rubbed against his leg. He was embarrassed and jumpy, and lost in thought. Theo being quiet.... it was odd for him.

Juniper got called to bring the princess food. She went in warily. Coming out she ran through the passageways to the secret door to the kitchens. Once there she hid in her storage closet. She had barred the door so no one can check on her... sniffles came from inside.

Annabelle went to the Kings chambers and knocked on the door, her dress rumpled, eyes red from crying. In her hand dangled a leather cord with a ring tied to it.

"Well if something goes wrong with tomorrow's dinner, which I'm sure won't happen at all, then yes we can have that as dinner again but I have confidence in you to make something good again," Gwen said in reply to his statement before watching as he brought over the dishes and washed them.

She was still watching him when she noticed him jump a bit as Vivian lightly brushed against his leg and that made her to frown a little. "Are you okay or is there something wrong?" she asked with a bit of concern in both her voice and on her face as she continued to study him from where she still was at the table.

Xavier was just finishing up his conversation with his father when there was a knock on the door to the latter's chamber.

"Come in," John said and Xavier had to wonder who it was. After some suspense of who it might be, he just went over to the door anyway and opened it to find Annabelle there and was a bit disappointed in seeing her.

"What and why do you have Juniper's father's ring?" he asked with dangerously glittering eyes and not in a kind way.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Father's ring))

"I'll try my best then.... " he replied to the dinner thing and froze when she asked the question. "O-oh um... a lot on my mind. Worried. You know me, when I get worried I get a little jumpy.. that's all. Don't mind me, you go and relax. I can handle everything."

Annabelle burst past him giving his father a full on sob. "It's awful your majesty! I discovered a thief in your service! I found this ring on them and they tried to take my necklace but I fought her off! I'm sure she's in the castle still among the servants, quickly send the guards after her!" She pulled down the hem of her dress exposing scratches on her neck. They could've been from someone clawing off the diamond necklace on her slender neck... or self inflicted. It was hard to tell. She completely ignored the Prince.

((sorry and edited))

"You always do when you put your mind to it and oh okay if you say so," Gwen said in reply to everything that Theo said before getting up and giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading to her room to get dressed and ready for bed and also so that she could get prepared for the next day.

John listened to everything that Annabelle said before seeing the scratches and then turned his attention to Xavier.

"You said that this ring belongs to the servant Juniper that brings you dinner sometimes as well as I?" he asked him as he looked over the princess's head to do so.

"Yes father and I know that it belongs to her since I've seen it myself after she's shown it to me," Xavier said in reply with a nod as he leaned against the wall nearest the door to the chamber.

"Very well. I'm also sure that her almost taking your ring was an accidental thing but I'll still talk to her and her boss later about it to see what needs to be done for consequences," John said reassuringly to Annabelle as he patted her on the shoulder.

Theo smiled at her softly and sighed when she left. He finished the dishes and went out to cut wood for the fire. The cat sat on a stacked pile. He spoke to Vivian. "My father is getting up there. Because this proposal wouldn't work... he'll be trying to marry me off so he can see at least one grandchild before he and mom passes. Mom.... " he chopped a block and sighed heavily. "Mom is going up and down in health. One week she's good.. the other... worse. I want to tell them both.. but..... I'm afraid of what they would say..."

Annabelle didn't look to happy about that but nodded. "Are you going to talk to her now?" She said skeptically.

Juniper still was in her closet sniffing and crying. She wouldn't let anyone inside, not even her boss, who was banging on the warn door threatening to break it down with her meaty fist.

Gwen had gotten dressed in her pj's and was now getting out an outfit to wear tomorrow also after unmaking her bed.

Vivian meowed when he was finished saying everything he did and then just purred and rubbed against his legs after jumping down from the wood pile to do that.

"Yes me and Xavier will go and do that now," John said in reply still with the reassuring smile on his face before looking over at Xavier and nodding before they both went to Juniper's room with the latter's guidance. When they both arrived there, they saw her boss banging on the closet door while hearing sniffing and crying noises coming from the other side.

Xavier motioned with his head for his father to talk to the boss over towards another part of the room and then went towards the closet door, sat in front of it, and got comfortable. As soon as he heard his dad talking to the head cook he asked through the door to Juniper, "Are you alright?"

"I know... I should just talk to them... after all, my mother and father wants to see me happy.... I sometimes feel like the world is on my shoulders. I would've been happy with a simple life like this.... but.. Then I wouldn't have met Gwen. So many things could have been different... I'm talking physiologically to a cat." Theo chopped another block of wood.

The cook told the king the princess requested juniper to bring her food and the girl ran in and locked herself away.

A cracked sob sounded. "X-Xavier?..... She... She.. took papa's ring!.... my ring! The one thing I have left of papa....and my mum... " a shaky gasped as she blubbers nearly incoherently. "I'm not fine... I've been treated badly but not like this.... not like this..." She wined and choked on a sob. There was a scrape and the door cracked open. Juniper's platinum blonde hair was frazzled and in her face that was red and her stormy grey green eyes puffy and blood shot from crying. Her blue dress that took half a year's pay to get was tattered and stained with wine down the whole front of it. Scratched, deep and two or three where bleeding slightly on her neck. Bruises like she was hit on the arm with a riding crop striped her arm.

She leans away from the light. "If.... I fought back.. I know she can have me thrown in the dungeon or worse.." She swallowed hard trying to keep her voice steady. "She.. found out quick.... and .... she wasn't happy about it. She told me... that anything you do for me.. would give you away... and.. She knows the King... won't allow-" she shook her head. "I'm nothing more then a scullery maid.... that can't be helped. It can't... ... we can't.. It is a foolish thing to try. When laws are broken... who would be punished for the crime.. The king's only precious son or the expendable maid?" She sniffed.

((To add drama))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((hooray drama adder biggrin.gif. also happy 3 day early birthday happy.gif))

Vivian just meowed again and continued to purr while weaving in and out of his legs, rubbing against them all the while. Meanwhile back in the house, Gwen was now sipping on a cup of hot cocoa in the den while sitting on the couch and relaxing a little.

Xavier listened to everything that Juniper said and then saw her when she opened the door a little bit more for him to do so. He could feel anger welling up inside of him when he saw the sight of her and what he heard her say.

"You're more than a scullery maid and Annabelle won't get away with treating you like this. I'll make sure that father knows not to have her over again because of this and also because of this, I don't trust her around the other servants here. He also approved of your raise by the way and after I talk to him about us, I'm sure he'll approve of that too but probably in his own way," Xavier said in reply before opening the door a bit wider again before holding his hand out towards her. "Let's talk to him together, okay?"

((laugh.gif thank you! I wasn't expecting anyone to see that... Although it's hard to miss with gorgeous Sesshomaru beneath it! xd.png Theo is carrying on a lovely conversation with the cat! rolleyes.gif ))

Theo stacked what he cut. There was enough there for a week. He'd come back to cut more later. "You know.. I will tell them. I'd do it in a couple days after I introduce her to mother. " he said as he entered the house again. "Vivian made a good conversationalist..." He grinned at Gwen.

Juniper hesitated for a moment and stiffened, rubbing her eyes with one hand, grabbing his hand with the other. She pulled herself up with his help and moved out of her little room. She was shaking and clutched his hand tightly... well more like three fingers, her own hands small like she was.

((you're welcome happy.gif. that he is xd.png. I'll post a reply in here tomorrow since I think I'm going to be going to bed a little earlier than I usually do because I have a bad headache))

((I'm feeling better now happy.gif and no they are not <.<))

Vivian meowed again as if in answer to what he said before following him back into the house where she immediately put herself into Gwen's lap on the couch.

"Oh really? What did the two of you talk about?" Gwen asked while petting Vivian with a smile on her face as she looked over at Theo who was bringing some fresh cut firewood into the house for a fire.

Xavier smiled reassuringly at her before walking over to where his father and the head cook were talking. When the conversation between the two was over after the former told the latter everything about what Annabelle had accused Juniper of doing, Xavier cleared his throat a little as if to mask the nervousness of what he was about to say.

"Father after talking to Juniper about what occurred tonight and seeing her in the state that she's in now I'd like to make a request that we tell Annabelle and her father that they can leave if they wish and do not wish to make an agreement with them at this time," he said as formally as he could without his voice shaking as he feared it would. "I do not think me marrying her would be a good idea only because I fear that she would treat all of the other servants the same way she treated Juniper and I do not trust her with them. Furthermore, I'm going to listen to my heart and it's telling me to marry someone I love and for my heart and that someone is Juniper. Of course since we're not ready to do that as of yet, it won't happen right now since we're still young and have responsibilities but I still wanted to let you know."

John listened to everything that Xavier said after dismissing the head cook and was shocked to find out that his son loved a servant but was not appalled at all by the notion. He actually remembered her a little from when Xavier was younger and thought that she looked familiar. "About Annabelle and her father I agree and as for you and Juniper I'm glad to hear that you found someone to love for you and your heart but we'll have to come up with some other way to make our alliance stronger if not by marriage between the two of you during these peace talks," he said in reply with a nod and a smile. "The talks end two days from now. Think of something and then come find me and we'll discuss it."

After he said that, he walked out of the room and back to his own where he figured that Annabelle was still waiting for him.

Xavier was a bit shocked as well to hear his father's response to his confession but was glad nonetheless before nodding in reply to what he had said before he left regarding him thinking of some other way that their kingdom could still be in alliance with Annabelle's before having his attention be on Juniper again.

((hope all that's okay and if not, I'll edit. also sorry for the semi-text wall that you now have to read xd.png))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Nah it's fine. I had a few on here with Theo...I'm ok with that oh and This is her coat of arms.. her crest. I drew it myself.. biggrin.gif can't remember what color I used before...))

Theo set some wood on the wood stack inside and sat beside her. "Things that you will find out. Us cats have to keep a secret, huh Vivian?" He scratched the cat behind the ears.

Juniper listened to him looking at her feet. That was... until the marriage part. At his words her head snapped up and she looked at him wide eyed frozen, heart pounding so loud in her ears the thought the whole room can hear it. Did he... Did He really just say what I think he said?! She was in such shock she didn't hear his father's response or notice when he walked out. "You.....you....... m-marr..... I.. ..oh......" She leaned against the counter breathlessly trying to talk but her tongue felt thick and her mind numb.

Annabelle was, and she still was holding the ring. "What did you do to the treacherous girl? She should pay for stealing from a princess...."

She was careful to watch her tone around the king.

((k and the crest is very nice happy.gif))

"Aw now I feel left out," Gwen said in reply while continuing to pet Vivian and also as Theo started to pet her behind the ears and give her more attention. Vivian just purred even more in response from all of the attention that she was receiving.

"Want me to start the fire or do you want to?" Gwen asked after a few more minutes of silence between her and Theo.

Xavier turned his attention to Juniper when he saw her lean against the nearby counter before going over to her when he heard her trail off her statement.

"I said that it wasn't going to happen now since we still had responsibilites and were also still young," he said as he gently placed one of his hands against her cheek before pulling away and stepping back a bit in case she didn't want him to be too close to her right now.

((Thank you. And actually historically, the are older then they are supposed to be. here. it's interesting! smile.gif ))

Theo got up. "I got it. Only one day left of pampering you like this love... " he lights the fire and relaxed beside her, cuddling with her. "Sorry for making you feel left out.... but you'll know soon enough darling."

She looked at him. "But you still thought of it. I'd never thought you'd... I figured you were only being kind to me... I.. don't really know what to say or how to react to this." She said quietly and took deep breaths to calm down.

((you're welcome smile.gif and that information is very interesting. sorry I forgot to post as John))

Gwen rested her head against his shoulder when he cuddled against her after he got the fire started up in the fireplace. "I know and I'll miss you being here since I got used to you being here. Should I be worried about what you're going to tell me later on?" she said and asked in reply to everything that he said.

"I was being kind but then I fell for you because we're alike. That's alright. You don't have to say anything or react right now," Xavier said in reply to everything that Juniper said but stayed where he was and didn't leave just yet.

John studied her before taking the ring back before saying in reply with really hard eyes, "She's not going to be punished but you are for trying to frame a thievery on a servant. You also hurt her and hurt yourself and for that, you and your dad are to go back to your own kingdom without the marriage deal of Xavier and you. We'll be in touch of another way to unite our kingdoms but it won't be through marriage."

"No. Not at all. Really it isn't a big deal to worry about Gwen. Enjoy the moment now. Later things will come later. Alright?" He kissed her cheek and headed back to his room to get ready for sleep.

Juniper moved away from him. She needed time to think without him around. Even the bit in the stables, she just thought he was being kind. Her emotions where tangled up together it was difficult to discern one from the other. She needed her mother's help on this one. She slipped out of the door and to the garden where the juniper tree was at. She cleaned the grave sight as she spoke softly to the marble slab

Annabelle huffed and ran out of the room.