SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Theo spun her and danced better this time around, still a few trips bit was getting better. He hoped up on the polished platform and slipped, not only ending up doing a half split, but getting a sprained ankle too. "Ow! .... hey it works! ..... hurts worse than I thought it would.. but it works.. Ow... help me up please dear Gwen, a man should never be in this position."

"Passages. In the castle. I have a day off once a year, it's coming up, tomorrow, in fact.. would you like to explore them with me?" She asked. The day was the day of her employment, this allows the workers to get what they need with their pay and visit family in town. She had no family.... so she mostly worked on her days, taking half of it off to get better clothes or sewing supplies.

Gwen smiled as he was getting better with each step they did and then the smile faded just a bit when he slipped and ended up spraining his ankle. It was what they planned but she didn't like seeing people she cared for get hurt. She helped him up as requested and gave him a small shy smile.

"Well at least you know how to dance now and that's what we can get out of this practice even if your father might be a bit disappointed that you got injured while doing so," she said as she tried to stay positive.

"Sure that would be very fun," Xavier said in reply with interest showing on his face as he looked over at her from behind Loke's big neck.

It would definitely help him to avoid his father and he would most likely want to talk to him about the jousting tournament next week and what they needed to do in order to preapre for it but he wasn't interested at all in talking to him about that stuff.

"Indeed! I'm actually surprised! I've learned more in one lesson from you then I did with the boring dance instructor when I was younger." He took a few limping steps, testing how bad he hurt himself. "Minor sprain, nothing too painful but the swelling won't go down until the ball, so it works."

"I thought you might be interested. I looked around a bit, there's passages everywhere! Did.... you by any chance... give my idea any thought?" She too peeked out from around her horses neck.

"Hm maybe I just explained it a bit more or I'm someone you actually like," Gwen said with a small shrug before hearing what else he said before she nodded. "Need any help getting out of here and going to go see your dad?" she asked since she figured that him limping on his own would take awhile and it might be better with someone helping him to go a little bit faster than just being on his own.

Xavier nodded and still looked interested before she asked what she did about her idea.

"I did and I guess it wouldn't hurt to try to meet her but I still don't like arranged things. I would rather just meet someone, get to know them bettrer and then marry them on my own terms and not the kingdom's and my father's," he said in reply with a small sigh. "If I were king, I could change these stupid rules but my father's still healthy as far as I know and no one has tried to assassinate him yet so I still have a long way to go until I inherit the throne."

Edited by Dragonpelt

"Please? His chamber is upstairs and it's quite difficult to get there with a limp. Or... why am I going to my father?" he asked rhetorically. He put his fingers to his lips and let out a shrill whistle that had the guards peek inside. "Send word to my father that I... unfortunately, sprained my ankle. On the other hand, or... foot.. I have good news, I have begun to dance quite well, but I still have the occasional slip.. Thus the ankle injury. Go on! Send word! I'll be on the beach outside my room if the physician wishes to look at it." The guard left. "My chambers is still up the stairs.... would you help me Gwen?" He only said this for the second guard that was still there.

"Well, one day, you will be king. At least enjoy the fact your father is still here, some.... do not have such luxury of even having a single parent anymore. " her tone was a saddened one. She fingered the chain around her neck, not pulling out the ring, but simply making sure it was still there.

Gwen nodded in reply to his first question before he let out a shrill whistle to get the guard's attention that were outside the door before telling one of them to tell his father about what had happened. She then nodded again when she heard his last question and both slowly and carefully walked with him by putting an arm around his waist towards the doors that led outside the ballroom, then started to head down the hallways until she came across a staircase that led upstairs, and then once they were up the stairs after awhile, she led him to his chambers.

"I guess I should even though we don't always see eye to eye at times and I'm sorry to hear that," Xavier said in reply to everything that she said and felt bad about complaining to her about his dad when she didn't have any parents.

He then went back to brushing Loke, wishing that he could turn invisible right then since he was a bit embarrassed now for saying all that he did.

Theo sat on a bench outside his room. "No..." He whispered. "The music in there, dad doesn't like it. He'll burn my harp if he saw it... a proper Prince isn't supposed to play..." He stopped as the old physician came up and muttered something about trouble and always getting hurt as he looked at his ankle. His father came next, painting and out of breath. "Injured! How?" Theo explained and the old man told him to rest it as he bound it to keep from swelling and gave him camomile to make him sleepy. The king was lead away by the physician, saying the elderly man shouldn't have ran all the way there. "Ok, clear, help me inside." He murmurs as he got up again.

"It's fine. Not many know. People treat me different if they knew I was a orphaned at sixteen. And if they knew my story, they'll avoid me like a upturned horse shoe and a hole bag of spilled salt. My birthday has happened with bad luck twice... something some don't want to catch..." She said, more bitter then sad now.

Gwen listened to what Theo rambled on about, wondering why he said it the way he did before the physician came to look at and bind his ankle followed next by his dad. Once they were gone, she nodded again when he told her to help him inside and did so before sitting down in one of the chairs that were there and after she had closed the door behind them.

"Now what should we do?" she asked him since she didn't know what they could do just then aside from talk or her listen as he played one of his instruments that he kept secret.

"I wonder why they would do that," Xavier said in reply with a perplexed look on his face. "It's quite common for people to be orphaned at a young age and no one should treat them differently but the fact that they do, shocks me."

He soon finished brushing Loke before he put the brush back where it belonged and then started to feed him some hay and feed that were close by.

Theo stumbled over to his harp, yawning and sat down to play. The

He hummed as he played. He played another
while singing it. When he was done he got up clumsily. "Your a beautiful woman.... I'm really....." He let lose a mighty yawn. "Sleepy..."

"Bad stuff happens to me on my birthday, that's why." She said quietly. "Thats all I want to say on that, an old wound is still deep. How's your chest feeling?" She asked as she fed Nightshade some oats, calming the horse and murmuring to her.

Gwen listened to the songs that he played on the harp and figured that since they were both lullaby type songs, he was getting tired and she happend to be right when she saw him stumble towards his bed and say what he did.

"Thanks and let's get you into bed so that you can heal and rest," she said in reply with a small blush at the beautiful woman comment before going over to him and helping him get on the bed before kissing him softly on the cheek afterward. She didn't want to leave just yet until he was asleep.

Xavier just nodded a bit when he heard what Juniper say about her birthday before hearing the question regarding his chest.

"It's a bit better but I may go to the physician later and see if I can get some ice put on it. It's just a big bruise really but it's still really sore," he said in reply before stepping a bit away from Loke so that he coud see her a bit better.

Theo giggled when she kissed his cheek. He muttered nonsense. Something about Brago being a king of horses, giggling as he told her she should hide herself as a knight the next tournament and kick everyone's back end, until he looked at her sleepily and smiled drifting off to sleep.

(That camomile extract is strong stuff!)

"I'll leave you too it then. I must be off to work. Cook is afraid of my now.. I'd probably get away not showing up and still getting paid, but that's stealing. A lady is above such pettiness. I'll do my chores to receive my share like the rest of them. Good day to you sire. Beth is back up and will be delivering your dinner tonight. " She informed him, bowed and left heading back to work.

((hehe laugh.gif. actually her hiding as a knight the next sword tournament thing or whatever isn't a bad idea...ninja.gif. I'm also trying to come up with a way of her getting injured in a way where he has to save her))

Gwen just raised her eyebrows at his babelings before he went to sleep and then that was when she left as soon as she saw that his eyes were closed. She sighed before quietly heading towards his door, closing it softly behind her, and then heading down the hallway and to Morgan's chambers.

"Mission accomplished but the camomile that the king gave him is very strong," she told her mistress and friend.

"That's good to hear and how strong?" Morgan said and asked in reply to what Gwen said before the former told her. She just raised her eyebrows a bit before giggling about what she heard.

Xavier nodded before hearing everything else that she said, raising an eyebrow a bit at what she said about a lady being above such pettiness but was still glad all the same that the head cook was afraid of her and didn't seem to be causing any problems for her right now which was good. He then nodded at what she said about Beth bringing his dinner later and that she also had to get back to work before leaving the stables as well but a few paces behind her so that it wouldn't look like he was following her. He then went inside the castle, headed towards the physician's room, got his injury seen to, and then headed to his room afterward.

((No ideas there!))

Theo slept soundly for sale few hours. He skipped lunch, having slept through it and woke in time to get ready for dinner. He got up and changed out of his now rumpled suit, into something less formal and hopped out of the room using a cane for support. Instead of walking down the stairs, he took the easy way, the railing, and slides down it, stumbling the landing and yawned again. He hadn't bothers to brush his hair, the tangled mess stick up in places.

Juniper actually cooked tonight. She had helped make the bread, and the potatoes, adding ingredients to the gravy for spice and flavor. She set this on the tray, before she was swept away with the serving girls as she served the others in the castle. Beth brought him his tray and greeted him in her usual gruff grandmotherly manor, questioning him about his injury and giving him the same type of lecture June gave him.

((well the working one that I have right now is that she takes Arwyn out for the usual morning run but she goes by herself and Arwyn gets scared of a snake that crosses their path which makes her do what Brago did, Gwen slips off and falls which causes her to hang off a rocky cliff and then she calls for help while Arwyn grazes nearby after calming down. they could make plans to meet in the tower after dinner for tomorrow morning and when she doesn't show, that can tell Theo that something might be wrong and that's where he hears her calls for help))

Gwen and Morgan had gotten ready for dinner and were now heading towards the stairs to be at the dinner, seeing Theo slide down the railing from the back and also seeing his hair stick up in places.

"You go on ahead milady and I'll catch up to you in a few minutes," Gwen said formally before Morgan nodded and went ahead downstairs while she went to Theo's room to get a comb.

Once she had it in hand, she quickly went down the stairs and saw that Theo hadn't made it to the banquet hall yet (if that's okay; don't want to god-mod unsure.gif) which caused her to sigh in relief and then gently tap him on the shoulder once she was next to him.

"I got your comb for your hair which you might want to take care of before heading into the hall," she said quietly in case other servants were around and overhearing their conversation before putting the comb in his hand.

Xavier greeted Beth with a smile as she came to give him his dinner and just sighed and rolled his eyes as she lectured him about his injury. He told her about the same thing that he said to Juniper which was that he was fine and it was just a really big bruise as well as how he got it which was from jousting practice. He also told her that he had gone to the physician to get it seen to even more as well as getting ice for it and that it should be better in a few days. He thanked her for the dinner before sitting down at his table and starting to eat before asking if she wanted to join him at all.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Sounds good, I thought bandits would kidnap her, and her horse runs back with no rider, and that's how he knows what is wrong. Woa.. I came up with one! Theo is like me when I wake after I take decongestant))

Theo blinked sleepily at her and looked at his comb dumbfounded for a moment before it dawned on him. "Oh.... thanks.. still sleepy." He combed his hair and picketed the comb. He gave her a tender smile before heading inside and limping to his chair.

"Of course I'd rest these old bones boy.. although that gravy might be too spicy for me. Say the girl making it sprinkle a bit of pepper shavings in it, although the bread looks more buttery. June sure knows how to make something does she..." the women chuckled.

((hm I think I like the bandit idea better than my idea of her just hanging off of a cliff and screaming until Theo comes looking for her))

"You're welcome," Gwen said in reply with a smile on her face as well before heading into the hall but a few feet behind him so that it wouldn't look like she was following him.

Once she got inside she went straight to the servants table where she was supposed to be but before that, had made sure that Morgan had her drink since that was something she took care of as well as refilling it if other servants didn't. After the food was served, she started to eat the food that was set in front of her but would occasionally look over at Theo as she did that.

Xavier started to eat the food that Beth brought to him as he listened to everything that she said

"Juniper made this? Well she's very talented," he said with a smile after swallowing a bite of the delicious food that she had delivered. He wondered as he took another bite if Juniper would serve him again or if that was a one time thing while Beth recovered.

Theo was trying not to fall asleep at the table. He glanced at her with a small smile and continued eating while taking to his father about his lesson and how he hurt himself, although he didn't tell the entire truth. He engaged Morgan in conversation, asking about her activities of the day, then dinner was over, he once again saving a slice of pie for Gwen.

"so you got her to talk! She hasn't said more then a few words in two years! She's still silent around the kitchen, but at least she has a voice! Cooks been less mean to her.... you have something to do with that don't you?" She gave him a look that asked him if he likes this girl, but she said nothing about it, and wouldn't say anything about it.... it wasn't like her to say anything. The king even told her, he prefers her bringing food on secret meetings for she can hold her tongue better than his spies.

(Shes like the Gaius to Uther))

((yay happy.gif))

Gwen saw that Theo was still pretty tired but at least he didn't let his face fall into his food if he did fall asleep. She then had her attention go back to her own food until she was done and then she found herself helping the other servants with cleaning up all the other dishes along with their own but those were last and their authority's dishes were first. Once that was over, she headed to the tower. She had slipped Theo a note of where she would be and then had also told Morgan that she wanted some free time to herself before she helped her to get ready for bed that evening as she was picking up their dishes at the big table.

Morgan had answered Theo's questions about her activities for the rest of the day before she had noticed Gwen picking up their dishes to be washed in the kitchen and then had nodded when she heard what the former said about what she wanted to do since that was fine with her if she did that.

"Oh really? Huh I didn't know that and I guess it just started with me asking her name when she brought me breakfast two days ago," Xavier said in reply to what Beth said in her two exhilerated statements before hearing the question.

"Maybe," was all he said but the small smirk on his face said otherwise. He chose to ignore the look that she gave him about if he liked Juniper or not since he wasn't very sure about that himself.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((How is he going to fight if he can barely walk right now?))

Theo limped out and struggled up the steps to a secret door. He walked along the passages as he made it to the ghost tower as it was called, and was about to sit down and write out his note when he saw Gwen's waiting for him. Opening it he read it and responding back to her in a poetic fashion before returning to his chambers and barely getting on his bead before he was asleep again.

"interesting. Well, lovely chat... anything you want me to do while you eat?" The elderly woman asked getting up and walking about, clearly restless from laying in bed for two days.

((Oh, Fai is talking to your character in heros))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((well it can happen later on in the rp once he's healed and okay. the wifi was going out and then back on for awhile here at work so that's why this response is late in getting posted))

When Gwen got to the tower, she read Theo's response to her note and smiled happily before leaving to go to Morgan's chambers in order to help her get ready for bed. Once she was in bed and asleep, she blew out the candle on the nightstand like she always did and then headed out of the castle to go to her own house. On the way there, a stray cat came up to her and rubbed against her ankles and she bent down to pet it and doing that made her smile even more.

"Do you want to come home with me?" she asked the animal and all she got as a response was an even louder purr. She took that to mean "yes" so she carefully picked it up and brought it to her house with her.

"No thanks so you may go if you like and I'll see you next time," Xavier said in reply to Beth's question after swallowing another bite of his dinner before going back to eating it.

I'll have to thank Juniper in person the next time I see her for making the dinner, he thought to himself as he continued to eat until he finished it all.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Its fine.... I got nothing... skip to the next day? Theo is asleep, and the woman leaves. June and Xavier are going to explore the castle the next day and in Theo' has a plan....))

((k and sure. what's Theo's plan?))

Gwen woke up early the next morning, getting up after a rejuvenating sleep and stretching a bit. She made sure to feed her new cat, Vivian, her breakfast before having her own which was oatmeal. After she finished eating, she put her bowl in the sink, made sure that Vivian was still inside and that there were no open windows or gaps that she could get out of before leaving and heading to the castle. Once inside the castle, she headed to the secret door that led to the tower and then once she got inside the tower she waited for Theo.

Xavier woke up the next morning, stretching and wincing slightly at the still sore feeling of his injury. The bruise was healing nicely and was getting close to the last combination of healing colors which were yellow-brown; it was now a blue-black color which was the combination before the yellow one. He got up and did his usuaal morning sword exercises to help with his soreness.

((I not say.... unsure.gifbiggrin.gif ))

Theo had been up there, and left her a quick note: Dearest Gwen, see if you could get lunch off and meet me up here. Until then, Cat the note was inviting her to call him his nickname Cat, in private of course, for only his father called him that in public.

June got up and got in a pair of boy's trousers, and a girl's tunic with boots. It was her day off, Beth had taken up the tray, but on a scrap of cheese cloth, she told him to wait outside his chambers when he was done eating, and watch the wall to the right of the tapestry of the Dragon.

((Message left on hero OCC 4 you))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((ah the suspense is going to kill me xd.png. I'll make sure to read that next))

Gwen read the note that Theo left for her and nodded before heading towards Morgan's chambers to see if she was up yet or not. She closed the secret door behind her and then found the staircase that led upstairs before going towards her friend and mistress' chambers that was just down the hall. She gently knocked on the door to let her know that she was there before entering and saw that she was awake but still in bed.

"Is something wrong milady?" she asked with concern on her face and in her voice as she approached the bed.

"No nothing's wrong Gwen I just don't want to get out of bed just yet," Morgan said in reply with a tired smile on her face before ending up getting out of bed a few minutes later.

Gwen nodded and then helped her dress in some fresh clothes after helping her undress out of her nightgown.

"Um milady I was wondering if I might take lunch off and have a little bit of free time to myself but I promise that I won't be long while during it," she said a bit hesitantly which caused Morgan to raise her eyebrows a bit.

"You know that you can ask for anything and I'll be fine with it since you do such a good job with taking care of me but yes you may," Morgan said in reply and Gwen nodded before leading her downstairs to the hall for breakfast.

Xavier was still working on his exercises when he heard a knock on the door. "Come in," he said before stopping to put a shirt on so that Beth wouldn't see him shirtless and give him another lecture about that.

He then went to the table and sat down at his usual place at the head of it and waited for Beth to come in.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo looked well rested and impatiently waiting for Morgan to come so they can start eating. He ate quickly, got excused and startled his father and the servant when he carried his plate to the kitchen. They can hear the cooks start trying to get him out saying this wasn't the place for a Prince and he simply laughed and said he would like to try making some food. The king shook his head. "I don't know where he get it, his curiosity is like a cat... that's why I call him such. He is so darn curious about everything."

Beth came in and delivered his breakfast, taking his dinner tray out with her as she left again. The note was under his chalice, he wouldn't see it until he picked up the cup.