SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Theo saw her sway and scooped her up bringing her to her room laying her down on the bed. "Easy darling... rest." He lay beside her. "Easy love... I'm here. You have a little fever..." He said as he snuggled close to her.

"Aww I almost made you cry...." She laughed and hit the sword again laughed. She pushed his back and started to sword fight with him. "Maybe my old trick would work again..." She giggled as she danced around him. Her sword skills rusty but decent for a girl.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"If you stay near me you'll get sick too," Gwen said after she was laid back down on the bed by Theo and as she was snuggled by him. "I don't want you to get sick." She then fell back asleep with her head resting against his chest.

"Yep you did and don't count on it," Xavier said in reply to both of Juniper's statements before hitting his sword back against hers. "Maybe we're better now than when we were younger."

"Hush, don't worry about me. I hardly get sick. Just sleep darling." He whispers and holds her against him. He petted her hair lightly as she slept.

She laughed. "You, definitely! You were just starting the lessons then! I.... on the other hand... am pretty rusty. I haven't fought in a while. But hey, just like riding a horse right? You never forget." She did a set and attacked him with the wooden sword.

"Okay," Gwen said in reply softly to what at Theo said before completely falling asleep afterward and then also put some blankets on top of them since she was starting to get a bit cold while laying there. She had unmade her bed earlier before falling asleep the first time.

"Then I guess this'll be good for then to help you get more practice and I can always help you later with real swords in the practice area and he's that's right," Xavier said in reply to everything that Juniper said before attacking her back its his own wooden sword.

Theo was awake for a little while before falling asleep while lightly rubbing her back. He was warm and comfortable and she smelled nice. He curled around her to keep her warm and smiled in his sleep.

June smiled as she side stepped and parried his little sword. "What would your knights think of you if you're teaching a girl to fight?" She stepped back and tripped on a little chair. She dropped her sword and grabbed onto his arm and shirt to keep from falling over. She then flushed, still trying to stay upright. "Um.. Sorry.."

Gwen woke up a little while later with a sore and scratchy throat while also being a bit thirsty. She tried to reach over to the small table that was on her side of the bed but found that Theo was curled around her and she couldn't move.

"Theo? Can you give me my glass of water please? I'm a little thirsty and my throat's sore," she asked and said while running a hand through his hair.

"I'll just tell them that everyone deserves the right to know how to handle a sword and just keep it at that. 'Sides they know that I sometimes teach other people how to fight so teaching you won't be so different," Xavier said in reply before parrying his sword against hers in retaliation and as she tripped and tried to right herself.

He held her in order to steady her after she had grabbed onto his arm and shirt before saying in reply to her embarrassed statement, "It's okay. Are you alright?"

Theo woke yawning when she moved. "Sure.." He replied to her, then she ran her fingers through his hair. His cheeks turned pink as he closed his eyes and hummed like a cat purring before sitting up and getting her water and handing it to her. "I can make tea with honey to help you better if you'd like. Even get more water and warm it for a bath for you. I want you feeling better.... I don't like seeing you like this." He said softly.

Juniper nodded and moved away from the chair and from him, clearly flustered as she fittled with her necklace. "I-I've been thinking... a..about what you told your father in the kitchen yesterday....." She went to the small window looking outside with her back to him. "You... never said it directly to me. Not one... How.. would I know if you..... if you truly....truly...." She got quieter and quieter until she was completely silent and still as if holding her breath for his response.

"Thank you," Gwen said after Theo got her water for her and gave it to her before hearing everything else that he said. "Hot tea with honey sounds wonderful as does a warm bath. I don't like being the way I am now either but it'll probably only last for a few more days and then I'll be better and back to my normal self."

These last few statements that she said were in response to what he said before she drank more of her water until the glass that it was in was empty. She then placed it gently back on the small table next to her bed before having her attention go back to being on him.

Xavier watched as Juniper moved away from him as if distancing herself from him before she went to the window on the opposite side of the room and heard what she said including the very soft parts even though he had to really strain his ears to hear what was said. He blushed a bit after what she said last registered and he moved a little closer to her current position but not too close as to be uncomfortable for the both of them.

"I told my father the truth but that is how I feel about you after seeing you again and being around you once more. My feelings for you have grown these past few weeks but I just didn't realize it until yesterday when I confessed to him what I did," he said before taking a breath and adding a few minutes afterward, "I love you Juniper."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo had gotten up and left to make tea for her, and got more water for a bath using metal buckets to set by the fire and heat the water for her bath. He came back to check on her, a little bottle in his hand. "Tea is almost done along with your bath water. I had this made for you. It's lavender, vanilla and rose extracts. It's bath oil. I use some but it's willow wood, cinnamon, and honey dew..."

((I'm thinking that's supposed to say weeks and weeks? He didn't know she was there until she had to bring him food))

Juniper turned around and looked up at him for a moment before hugging him tightly. "And I love you Xavier." She said as she burrowed her face in his shoulder and tears of joy came to her eyes. "I have fought it, for so long. Since you were so kind to me that day.. all my working days I have never been told thank you until you. I couldn't help myself for falling in love with such a kind, brave, tender hearted man that you are. " She looked up at him with a wide smile. "I believe you will be a great king one day Xavier..."

((sorry. rl's been kicking my rear lately and yes. I'll get that edited shortly))

Gwen had fallen back asleep after Theo had left her room to prepare the tea and bath water. When he came back, she opened her eyes again and listened to everything that he said.

"Thank you and I'll be sure to use the oil during my bath later," she said in reply with a small smile before taking the little jar from him and placing it on the small table next to her bed.

Xavier wrapped his arms around Juniper when she hugged him and was very glad about what she said regarding loving him too as well as everything else that she said.

"I'm glad to hear that you feel the same and that you also think that I'll be a good king. I don't have very positive thoughts about that but I can try to have a better attitude about it," he said before rubbing her back as he looked back into her eyes as she looked into his.

Edited by Dragonpelt

He handed her the tea having her sit up. "Welcome. Three more hot buckets of water and your bath will be ready. I got another gift for you but that'll have to wait it isn't done yet. After your bath I'll have a hot potato soup with salmon inside it and you can rest some more after that."

Her eyes swirled both grey and green. "Before you really knew me, you were kind to me and Beth. The way you solved that marriage thing was what a king would do. You worried about the other servants not just me. That- the concern for the ones under you makes a great king. Trust me"

"You're too good to me. I'm lucky to have you and that sounds awesome," Gwen said in reply after taking a sip of the tea that he had made for her and then took another one to continue feeling the warmth that it provided her to make her feel better. "I can't wait for that soup. I love you."

Xavier continued to look at her eyes and couldn't look away since they were mesmerizing as they swirled different colors. "You know you're right and I need to have more confidence in myself and my abilities to be king but sometimes I just don't know," he said in reply to everything she said still with the smile on his face.

He smoothed her hair back and kissed her lightly on the head. "I love you too." He smiled softly at her and left finishing the bath and starting dinner. He peeked back in her bedroom. "Bath is all ready, dinner will be ready after you get out and rest for a little longer. Are you doing alright Gwen dear?"

"And if you need to regain that confidence, I will support you. ..... and keep you level headed, much like now.... Don't you have to work with David, one of your knights on his sword work? I heard him ask you this morning when you practiced. There are advantages of having the water pump next to the training field and the garden.." She said not looking away.

Gwen smiled at him as he kissed her gently on the forehead before hearing the rest of what he said including the question after he got back from preparing her bath and dinner. While he had been doing those things, she had sipped more of her tea. "Alright. I'll get right in the bath then and then enjoy dinner afterward. I'm a bit better now because of the tea," she said in reply to his statements and question before moving to get out of bed in order to get her night clothes before heading to the bath.

"I'm glad and I guess I do. What are those advantages of which you speak other than using it to get hydrated?" Xavier said and asked in reply to Juniper's statements and question that she said and asked while still looking at her and also not looking away.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo chopped potatoes and cut and scaled the fish. He cut that up and stuck it in the stew. Adding seasonings and vegetables in it he hummed as he stirred the pot. He knocked on the wash room door where the tub was. "You alright? Water to hot?" He asked

"A lot of gossip happens in the garden with maids, and chatter among knights in the field. They all gather around the spout to gossip. Kind out lots of things happening in the kingdom that even you don't know. Sometimes it's minor. Others is like the fact two noble men has poached a couple of pheasants a rabbit and a stag out of your father's forest. And it has been said that the western region has had a drought problem." She fixed his hair slightly.

Gwen had gotten in the tub that was in the wash room earlier after getting another pair of clothes to wear for after she got out while Theo prepared the stew for her to have as dinner later. She was washing herself up when she heard his knock and questions. "I'm doing fine and no the water's not too hot. It feels very pleasant actually," she said in reply to both before finishing washing up and rinsing off before getting out of the tub and drying herself off afterward. She then drained the tub before getting dressed and then hung up the towel on the rack outside the wash room to dry as she left and then headed towards her room again soon after.

Xavier listened to everything else that Juniper said regarding his question about the water pump and said in reply after she fixed his hair a bit, "Both the poaching part and the drought sound a bit troubling and I'll need to talk to dad about those issues later. For now I guess I'll have to go out to the training yard and help David with his sword skills. I'll see you later." After he said these statements, he kissed her softly on the lips and then headed out of the tower room and back down to the 3rd floor corridor before going back into the secret passageway.

Theo brought her a bowl when he was done and let her eat as he fed the cat and ate at the table. The silence he used to carefully construct his words to his father and mother about Gwen. He'd be going back to the castle tomorrow.

Juniper blushed when he kissed her. Then danced around the room in a fit of giggles before she realized she was needed elsewhere. She rushed through the passageways to her next job and helped the gardener gather fresh vegetables and fruits for lunch.

Gwen thanked him with a small kiss before taking the bowl of stew from him and then started to eat after he went back to the kitchen to eat there. After she finished eating everything that was in the bowl, she brought it back to the kitchen, rinsed it in the sink and then left it there before going over to where he was. "Something wrong? You look like you're really thinking hard about something," she said as she wrapped her arms lightly around his shoulders from behind him.

Xavier was now in the training yard and training with David in order to hone the former's sword skills a bit more. As he did that, he tried to think of a way to bring up the poaching issue to his father but kept his focus on the training.

Theo just smiled. "Nothing to worry about darling. Go sleep now. You need rest to get better." He looked up at her with a smile as he paused his meal for a minute.

Juniper was finished and watched him work before heading to her mother's grave sight cleaning it.

((She should run into the king then!))

((okay smile.gif. should they talk about anything in particular or just talk? ninja.gif))

"Okay if you say so and okay," Gwen said in reply before kissing him softly on the cheek and then heading back towards her room with Vivian in tow afterward and before she laid down again in bed with the covers over her. She fell asleep to the warm fur of Vivian against her and the purring that her pet was emitting.

After a little while longer of training, both Xavier and David took a small break near the water pump. They both got a drink of water from it, drank their fill, and then went back to doing more training.

John was finished with his meetings for a little while so he went out to the city and the woods surrounding it to walk around for a bit until he would have to be back in the meeting hall for the afternoon meetings. After a few more hours or so of walking, he found himself at his wife's and Juniper's mother's graves where he saw the former cleaning around the second one. "Good morning Juniper," he greeted from behind her in a friendly manner. "How are you doing today?"

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Find out why she seems familiar to him))

Theo cleaned the dishes and the house, taking some fish to the widow and her kids. He played with them and told them stories until it was dark out and they had to go to bed. He then washed the paint off of Brago and brushed him down. He took out the furs he got and treated and lay them out so they air out. Heading back inside to his room he unmade his bed and lay out his princely uniform. Washing the die out of his hair and drying it he sighed before heading to bed.

Juniper jumped and got up bowing to the king. "Very well sir. I'm on my break. I decided to clean around the juniper tree. How are you fearing today?" She asked politely as she wove flowers together and set them on the marble slab that was in the ground beneath the tree.

((k and sorry that I haven't posted. been trying to think of a way to post with possibly still having the bandits take her while she's recovering from being sick but maybe it can just happen when she's completely better and she goes out on one of her daily rides with Morgan))

A little while later, Gwen woke up coughing. She took up her cup that still had water in it drank the rest of what was in there before getting up carefully so as not to wake up Vivian who was still next to her and headed to the kitchen to refill her cup. Once she did that, she started to drink her water from there.

Xavier had David stop for now and then they both stepped away before the former went to go looking for his dad. He went into the castle to see if he was there and then he also went to the meeting halls where his dad had meetings. He was told that the king was done for meetings for now and had gone out to take a walk. Xavier thanked the guard that told him that information and then headed towards the woods himself.

"I'm glad you're doing well and I'm doing well as well," John said before he studied her a bit and hoped he wasn't making it awkward. "Why are you so familiar to me? I've been trying to figure out why you're that way to me but I just can't."

((Its ok, been busy a little bit too. Love your pack characters!))

Theo woke up from a nightmare and headed outside for some fresh air. His white tunic was damp and his eyes glistened in the dark. He stopped when he saw Gwen and let out a sigh of relief. "You alright?" His voice groggy and sleepy sounding. He looked tired.

"I've been told look like my late mother... Abigail Garthfello.... you would have known her well. She was your wife's lady in waiting, and her best friend. She died before the good queen did. My father and I lost everything after that..." she said as she lay a juniper flower on the queens grave after sweeping off some leaves with her hand.

((k smile.gif and thanks happy.gif. also Gwen's in the kitchen))

Gwen was half-way done drinking her newly refilled water glass when she stepped outside for a few minutes and she saw Theo there as well before hearing his question. "Yes I'm okay but I woke up with a coughing fit so I went to the kitchen to refill my glass before I saw you out here so I decided to see what you were out here for." She then saw his glistening eyes and damp tunic before asking with her eyes what was wrong as well as having a worried expression on her face.

Xavier had just gotten into the woods and was about to go further when he heard both Juniper and his father's voices come from the graves nearby. He started to move towards that area when he heard the latter's reply to everything that the former said.

"Oh yes I see the resemblance now so I remember seeing you playing with Xavier when you guys were younger as well as both my wife and your mom watching with proud expressions on their faces," John said just as Xavier found them and approached them moments after the response. "Hey dad and Juniper. What are you both doing here?" he asked with a smile at seeing his love and dad there and talking happily.

Edited by Dragonpelt