SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Gwen was the first servant to be finished at her table just as Theo was the first one done at his and caught the tail end of the conversation with his dad regarding the ball that was next week.

She got up from the table to go over to Theo's and when the conversation was at an end she said after bowing her head to show her authority to the prince and king, "If I may Your Majesty I offered to help Prince Theo by giving him dancing lessons so I think he will be there although a bit begrudgingly so you don't have to worry about him not attending." All this she said to the king before having her attention go to Theo and saying to him, "Those lessons start this weekend by the way."

After she said that, she headed back to her table, helped the servants there pick up the dishes, and then headed to the kitchen to get them cleaned.

Morgan had listened to both conversations as she ate and just had to smile at Gwen had said to both the king and Theo before continuing to eat her meal until she was done eating.

"Yes you did come at a good time and yes we can do that," Xavier said in reply to both Juniper's statement and question before going back into his room and sitting down at the table.

He got out the other utencil that he had in his room for her to eat with and then waited for her to join them so that they could both eat.

"What a splendid idea! Marvelous! The boy's a bit off, better to start tomorrow morning for two hours in the ballroom, i'll make sure it's empty. He has to be the best dancer at this ball to impress this young lady, I'm sure Morgan would make sure you are free lass." the king clapped heartily chuckling. Theo sank more in his chair. When the king was finished, he got up and excused himself and them from the room and headed out humming a tune. Theo dashed out of the room at the first opportunity he had and ran up to his chamber, locked it and paces in front of his bed, trying to put his clever childish mind to use in thinking a way out of this.

Juniper set the tray directly in front of him as sat down across from him. "No thank you sire, I have already ate in the kitchen. I must thank you for stopping my horse, .... and... um... May I speak freely your majesty?" She asked tentatively.

Morgan got up as well and then headed to the kitchen to see Gwen. "I know what you said was just for the king's benefit but Theo really looked like he didn't want to attend the ball so maybe you should go talk to him about how he can get out of it," she said quielty so that the other servants didn't overhear their conversation.

"I'm coming up with something as we speak," Gwen said in reply just as quietly as Morgan did before finishing up cleaning the dish that she had been working on and then left the kitchen to head to Theo's room with the former following her but then she went to her chamber. She figured that Gwen would find her there after her conversation with Theo.

When Gwen got to the prince's room she knocked and asked while using his other title in case other servants were around and listening, "Your Highness?"

Xavier nodded in reply to what Juniper said about her already eating before hearing what else she said and asked. "You're welcome and certainly," he said in reply to both.

Then as he waited for her to reply, he started to eat the lunch that she had brought for him to eat and liked it a lot.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo opened his door, looked both ways, his hair messy like he ran his fingers through it. He snagged her arm an dragged her in. "Tell me you have an idea! I can't seem to get my clever brain to work right now..." No one has been in his room before. He never allowed servants inside.

It was nice and bright. Light blues and soft reds adorned the drapes and coverlet on the bed . A large harp was in the corner with a stool behind it. A mandolin on the table, along with a rough hewn wooden flute he looked like he was carving by the shavings that littered the table. The instruments where why he wanted no one to come in. His father thought it silly that his boy would play with the commoners and sing with them, so he destroyed any musical thing his son acquired deeming it not princely to do such silly nonsense. Theo though, acquired in secret, a few chosen instruments and kept them hidden in his room so he can play without anyone noticing.

((If that's ok, I never heard of a Prince play instruments and sing I want him different, I'm just winging it here..))

Juniper planted her palms on the table, eyes a stormy grey. "What on earth possessed you to let you think you could joust without chest protection? Did you ever think once that you might get killed while doing so?" She said without coating it in honey, she asked to speak freely, and freely is how she spoke. "If a lance was tapered you could've been run through! The king would have lost his only son! Did you even think of any of that?"

Gwen let out a surprised sound when she was suddenly dragged into the room before the door closed behind her. She listened to what he said and just nodded.

"I do have a plan but it requires either your ankle or foot to get injured in some way that you won't be able to dance at the ball next week," she said in reply. "I'm thinking that the injury can occur while we're practicing tomorrow morning and then I'll have to report to your dad that you actually won't be able to attend because of a twisted ankle or a broken foot."

Xavier swallowed the bite of food that he had been chewing while listening to everything that Juniper asked and said. She looked quite serious and possibly a little bit angry but he let her finish before he said anything.

"I did think about that but I also trust that my knights wouldn't seriously injury me too much and I've also practice jousted before as well as the real thing. Me getting hurt was all part of my plan of not jousting in the tournament next week since I have no interest in attending that. I'm going to go hunting instead," he said in reply to everything that had gotten Juniper concerned about his well-being.

Edited by Dragonpelt

His two colored eyes lights up. "Polish!" He dashed about and went to a trunk and pulled out a shinny unbroken pair of dance shoes. "Tell the others to polish the floor to see their faces in the marble. When these are polished too, but.. on the bottom... it'll make them slick and easy to slide in. I'll slip in these, if that doesn't work, I'll jump out of a tree. Brilliant!" He dropped the shoes and hugged her lifting her up and spinning her about the room. "Absolutely brilliant you beautiful woman you-" he set her down and dashed to the window and cleared his throat. "Go tell the others to have the floor polished by tomorrow morning before practice......... thanks again Gwen..."

She frowned. "But you always play in the tournaments. The kitchen is in a uproar when there's tournaments for you eat more then a horse after each station. What makes this one so different then the others?" She tilted her head thoughtfully and studying his movements face educatedly. "You where hurt... weren't you? And your losing sleep.... worried about something?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Gwen looked on with interest as she heard everything that Theo said as well as when he got out his dance shoes. She nodded when told to tell the other servants to polish the floor as well as the bottom of the shoes before letting out a small surprised sound as she was suddenly lifted up and spun. Then when she was set down, she nodded again, bowed respectively towards him, and then left his room before closing the door again behind her.

"He called me beautiful," she said softly with a small blush on her cheeks before heading towards the servants chambers where the other servants stayed. She knew that it was probably a slip of the tongue but it still surprised her nonetheless and made her happy.

"Not this one and I'm not losing any sleep and yes I was injured but that was part of my plan," Xavier said in reply to a few of Juniper's questions before eating another bite of his lunch. "I'm not worried persay just my father wants me to marry the princess of the kingdom nearby and I don't want to marry her so therefore I'm not going to attend the tournament because she'll be there and that's what I'm avoiding."

He said this other response after swallowing the bite that he had been chewing earlier and was now putting another one in his mouth.

Theo was on his bed, flopped on it from the side. "Why do I have to marry this girl?" He said to no one but himself. "Prince's are supposed to marry dainty little woman. Why not an adventurer? Why not someone who likes to do the things I do... someone like.... like......" He flopped his head on his fluffy pillow. "I got it bad. I can't. even. deny it anymore!" He smacked his palms on the bed in a very childish way. "Father isn't going to like this..... Morgan might... Father..... no..." he heaved a huge sigh and got up getting in his night clothes before sitting at the harp and play for a little bit before he went to sleep.

((Am I doing Theo well?))

"Well then, have you met her? Stories are gossip, nothing should be made of them, unless you see her face to face, who knows, then you may want to marry her. It isn't very brave running away from a dainty woman. If you meet her, and still don't like her, have a debate with your father, not a argument, a debate.

Perhaps there are other ways of uniting two kingdoms without marriage. Sure, marriage is the strongest, but establishing good trade or perhaps marriage of two nobles of each kingdom. This ally may have only offered the princess for the crown.... You never know, perhaps she feels the same way and wishes to stay at home." She said simply, talking to him like one would a equal, rather than servant and master.

((yes you are happy.gif and am I doing well with Xavier?))

Gwen made it to the servants chambers and shared with them what Prince Theo requested of them to do and they nodded, saying that they would be there to do that early tomorrow morning before their practice dancing session started. She nodded, satisfied before heading towards Morgan's chamber to let her know what their plans are for tomorrow were.

Morgan listened to everything that her maid and friend said and also nodded in satisfaction before saying with a smile on her face, "That sounds awesome and I'm glad that Theo is in agreement with your idea."

Xavier listened to everything that Juniper said and thought that she made a very good point but still didn't like the idea.

"You make a very good point but I still don't like the idea that my dad wishes me to marry that princess for the good of the kingdom since I'd rather marry someone that might not be a princess for love and me as well as the kingdom but not just the kingdom," he said in reply with a small sigh before finishing eating his lunch. He pushed the tray away before drinking the drink that came with it and ended up drinking all of it since he was pretty thirsty.

((Very well, but she still hasn't fallen for him yet, it's growing though... xd.png ))

Theo had sung a third song and crawled into bed. Tomorrow he had to dance with Gwen. He was more concerned about giving her a injury with his two left feet then himself one. The physician joked that getting injured was his special talent. He's fallen out of trees countless times, sliced his back with a stupid move with a sharp scythe, fell off his horse, and even managed to shoot an arrow into his calf. It was a silly game the young commoners play.... and he was the one who stayed put when the arrow came down, he tried to get out of the way, tripped over and the arrow went into his calf. It was astonishing that he hasn't managed to kill himself, although he does support a number of scars. He sighed and fell asleep after making a effort to empty his mind and relax his body.

She too sighed and got up. "Try not to drink to fast, you'll get the hiccups and with a hurt chest, you might injure yourself worse. Lucky noble woman then.... able to win your heart. You certainly can fight well... " She slipped out of her confidence and quieted her voice as she cleaned up setting the things on the tray, busying herself to hide her faint blush. She briefly wondered if he saw the jem stones on his cup was polished to such a shine, the reflection danced around the chamber as he drank.... or that the silver cup itself was mirror like.

((thank you happy.gif and that's fine smile.gif. slow is good. also sorry for the late reply again but I'm posting replies on another forum of other rps that I'm on there))

Gwen was a bit nervous about their dancing practice session but she was sure that it would still work out. After she helped Morgan get ready for bed and had blown out the candle that was on her nightstand, she left her room quietly, closed the door again behind her, then headed down the hallway, then out of the castle, and lastly towards her house. Once she was inside, she closed the door behind her, got ready for bed, and then went to bed shortly afterward.

"I'm already done with the drink but next time I'll remember that and the glass is very shiny," Xavier said in reply to her first statement before hearing the rest of what she said. "Well she didn't really win my heart. We were arranged to be married so we've never seen each other but I still hate that I was arranged to be married. Oh and the cup's very well polished and have a good rest of the day. Also you're welcome for me stopping your horse and helping you. I hope that I can do that again."

He then got up and carefully stretched himself out but it was a bit hard since he was a bit sore from jousting practice earlier. There was always a downside to stuff like that but he understood that he had to go through that to get better.

((It's fine, I had church and dinner anyway))

Theo was up early. He shined his shoes and had gotten dressed in his formal attire, as was a request from his father, and headed to the kitchen for some breakfast, perhaps a omelet or a bit of bread. He didn't know if he can eat, his belly was full of butterflies at the thought of dancing with Gwen.

"I thought-" she put in with a frown, then realized she was dismissed and bowed and left without another word. She went to the kitchen and washed dishes, did her normal schedule before heading to the grave to lay some flowers down before heading to her little closest where her bed was.

((okay happy.gif))

Gwen got up the next morning, took a bath, got dressed in a semi-nice dress like the one that she had worn to dinner but a different color and style before fixing herself some breakfast and then headed off to the castle. Once she got inside, she headed to the ball room, and saw that she was the first one there as well as that the floor had been polished like she had passed on to the other servants at Theo's request before practicing what she was going to teach the former since she didn't want to mess up anything in her lesson.

Xavier looked over at her when he heard her start to say something before she left and wondered what she was going to say. I guess I'll have to ask her later if I see her at all, he thought to himself with a small sigh before just looking out his window at the scenery beyond the castle. As he did that, he started to think about her and how sweet and kind she was.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo walked in next. He saw it was only Gwen inside and the king probably would keep it that way for two hours, believing that the "less distractions the better" but he didn't know, the major distraction was his dance instructor herself. In fact, as soon as the two guards posted at the door way admitted him, he nearly slipped and fell trying to escape as the doors shut behind him. He leaned against them taking deep breaths to calm down. Now that he finally admitted to himself that he was hopelessly smitten with the woman, he couldn't be in the same room as her out of shear nervousness and fear of being rejected. Downright silly, given a Prince shouldn't fear anything, but he did fear Gwen, and for a very good reason. She's quite possibly the only one other than his ailing mother to make him sit and mind his manners.

He cleared his throat and slid around with his slick shoes, that wasn't as slick as he liked and faced Gwen. "Good morning. Lovely dress... .. what dance shall we do first?" He mentally shoved his panic to the back of his mind and attempted to slow his racing heart and keep his voice steady.

((Theo.... poor Theo.... I'll torture you so! xd.png ))

"......since I'd rather marry someone that might not be a princess for love and me as well as the kingdom but not just the kingdom..." It was this saying that wound around juniper's head as she attempted to sleep. She thought noble woman, they aren't princesses, but he apparently didn't think that's what she met about her "lucky woman" comment. She sighed heavily and went to sleep, finding herself dreaming of horse races and him showing her how to use a short sword. She always wanted to have one, she was a lady, but her father wished for a son, and taught her to the things men do to a certain extent without her losing any stature of a lady. This was all...before.. as she called it. Before the fire, before they lost everything. Unconsciously she clutched her father's ring in her hand as she slept.

Gwen contined to practice a bit of what she was going to teach Theo and then before he came in, she stopped and waited for him. She was now trying to calm her racing heart that had to do partly with what she had done and then the rest of it, the majority of it, had to do with seeing him again. When she did see him again shortly after he had entered the ballroom, she had to swallow the lump that had appeared in her throat for he looked very handsome and was a bit speechless at that fact.

"Good morning and thanks," she said in reply to his first two statements before hearing the question after he had approached her. "We'll do the ballroom dance only because I think that's going to be the one that everyone will be doing at the ball."

After she said this reply, she got into position, and told him how to hold her with one hand behind her back and the other hand in her free one that wouldn't be on his left shoulder.

Xavier continued to look out the window for a little while longer before he decided to walk the halls of the castle like he had been about to do before Juniper came and brought him some lunch for him to eat. As he did this, he wondered if he should take her advice and just go to the tournament and meet the princess that he was supposed to marry. Maybe they could go somewhere and talk privately about a way to get them out of this arranged marriage that they were in and figure out another way to unite the kingdoms that didn't have to do with marrying each other.

Theo swallowed hard, glad he had the pristine white gloves covers his sweaty palms as he lightly took her hand. To lighten the thick air around them, he mumbled. "I feel like a court jester in this suit." The outfit's colors were carefully chosen to make his eyes and hair stand out. The dark green contrasting the mint color of his tight eye, while the light blue vest contrasted the dark rich blue of his left while the gold accents tied the gold tips in his raven hair quite nicely.

He took a few more deep breaths as they started to waltz, he kept tripping until he started humming the tune softly, then it seemed he was able to keep time, and trod on her feet less times.

((I have nothing more to do with juniper, she went to sleep early....))

((okay. other than having Xavier walk around the castle halls, I don't really have anything else for him to do so I'll probably just skip him for now until I have more of an idea of what else to have him do))

"I think you look handsome," Gwen said in reply to his mumbled statement before they started to move in the waltz dance.

As they started to move in a less clumsy way and got more comfortable with the steps, she wondered if now would be a good time to tell him what she's wanted to tell him for awhile since they were the only ones there and no one would overhear their conversation. She then gestured for him to spin her after a few more steps and she did it anyway when she thought there needed to be a spin and then hesitated a bit.

"Um there's something that I've been meaning to tell you for a little while," she started to say and waited for his response so that she could finish.

It was the spin. The entire time he hummed softly, but his mind was elsewhere, sitting on a meadow of daisies plucking peddles off his second flower as he tried to decide to tell her now. The spin itself did nothing, it was when she spun back to him, the smell of the soap she used that morning and the hem of her dress made him slip. He landed on his knee, having caught both himself and her. This made him snap out of his trance and caught only the tail end of what she said. He righted her carefully and turned to look the other way, headed to a large window to look outside. "Quite sorry, I've been..... distracted.....what was it you said?" He mainly faced away from her to hide his blazing cheeks.

((I can say she took a nap. I thought she gave him dinner, him having avoided his dad. ...)

((it was lunch that she brought to him))

Gwen got a bit concerned when all of the sudden Theo slipped but ended up catching her all the same before he went over to a nearby window to look outside.

"I said that there's something that I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now and that something is that I like you a lot," she said as she went over to where he was at the window and repeat what she had said earlier.

After Xavier walked around the castle halls a bit more, he went outside to see what his knights were up to. When he found them, he started to sword train with them but was careful because of his earlier injury. It didn't really bother him that much it was more like a bruise over his lower stomach area but it still hurt a little.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((A nap then, I feel poetic... and Theo isn't one to say things plainly))

Theo swallowed hard and blinked hard. He slipped off his gloves and pocketed them before pinching himself just to check he wasn't dreaming. She.... She liked him...... She liked him! He pivoted slowly before moving to stand in front of her. "You.... like me?" He said softly, and slowly. He set a hand on her cheek tenderly looking relieved before pulling it back and folding his hands together. "I have something to tell you too lady Gwen. I have fought this for some time now, and only just come to terms with it as of last night. I have found myself in a bit of a bind as of late, arranged marriage and all, but I found that my heart is most bothered by this, for .... well... it longs for another kindred adventurous spirit...... Such.... as the one you have yourself... Dear Gwen...." He paused and thought for a moment. "What I'm trying to converse is... I.... I.... feel.. the same to you... " He had a full on blush across his nose now and was fiddling with a button on his vest.

Juniper woke and stretched. The cook seemed to be giving the other maids bits of her work load, which she appreciated, but she knew it was out of fear then pity. She was given a new duty, taking the food to the dungeon guard and to some of the guests. She was glad of this, it gave her a reason to explore the castle later. She was finished with that, wandering around the halls and leaning against a tapestry, when she fell through, and in to a narrow passage in between the inner and outer walls. "This is new..." She said grinning. Did the Prince know about this? Maybe they can explore them together! Wait....... what? She likes speaking to the Prince, but.... She doesn't like him.... dose she? She was confused, but nonetheless, she'll be telling him about these passages.

((k and aw that was really sweet happy.gif))

Gwen nodded when she heard his question and then focused on his confession after he turned to be looking at her more fully. She also briefly felt the hand against her cheek before it was lowered before she let what he said register.

"I'm probably going to be in a lot of trouble for this," she said a bit worriedly before adding a few minutes later in order to explain more about what she meant by saying that statement, "A maid isn't supposed to have feelings for a prince."

Xavier continued to train a little bit longer before he had to step away and take a short break. He stepped over to the fence and leaned against it in order to get a breather before thinking even more about Juniper. He was starting to have growing feelings for her but knew at the same time that he wasn't supposed to have feelings for a maid. He also didn't care, though and also knew that no one would find out about it if he didn't tell anyone so he wouldn't. After he got that figured out, he went back over to the training area and resumed the training for a little bit longer.

"As will I be, for it isn't right for a Prince to harbor such strong feelings for a serving girl...... but a thought comforts me...." Theo held her chin so she looked him in his two toned eyes. "Only the mind knows borders and boundaries, the heart does not." He slipped a hand around her back and pulled her close. "But it seems we've ran into another problem...... I still haven't injured my foot and I am starting to know how to dance....." His voice was edged with a smile, although he kept a very good straight face.

Juniper wanders the passage, finding door ways set in the stone at regular intervals and found one that came out by the Prince's room. She hesitated in telling him right then, but decided to wait until she brought him his dinner tray and took the normal corridors to the stables to see her horse.

Gwen looked into his eyes when she felt his hand on her chin in order for her to do that and then listened to everything that he said. She felt a little better but they would still have to show their actual feelings for each other in secret where no one else would see; like at her house or in his room.

"How do you want to slip as we dance in order to injure your foot, though?" she asked as she tried to think of a way that he could do that but couldn't come up with anything right then.

After the training was done, Xavier headed towards the stables where he could visit Loke a bit and didn't know that Juniper was there. He just didn't want to go back inside the castle yet in fear of running into his dad since he still didn't want to talk to him right now.

Theo tilted his head and scanned the room. He spotted the raised dais where the king sits. "There, we can dance to close, hop open on that, and I lose my footing. You know there's passages in the castle? And the tower above the library... The one with no door leading to? It's part of it. I use it as a hiding place.. I'll show you how to get up there sometime. That way it won't be suspicious us seeing each other in private rooms. And if we can see each other, we can leave notes for one another... if... it's alright with you...." He held her waist and her hand, ready to dance.

Juniper was braiding Nightshade's main when he walked in. "Your majesty! .. I um... actually wanted to see you, I found out something about the castle and I thought you would like to know." She suddenly got nervous, messing up and having to redo a few strands.

"Okay and yes I'm aware of secret passageways here in the castle...I know of that one and yes that's okay to do," Gwen said in reply to his statements before starting to dance with him again.

She led the way towards the dais, being slow and trying not to go too fast so that he could still keep up with her movements and then when it was time to spin again she spun before continuing to do the steps again.

Xavier was halfway to Loke when he heard Juniper speak up upon seeing him. He listened to everything that she said with interest and wondered what it was that she found.

"What did you find? I'm curious about it," he asked and said in reply just as he got to Loke's stall to brush and pet him some as well as just give him some attention.