SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Plot:

This is a story of two couples who meet in two different kingdoms and whose love is forbidden. They are maids and princes and love between the two is greatly frowned upon because princes are supposed to marry princesses for the good of the kingdom but for these princes, they'll love these maids because of love and their hearts. This will be their story of how they meet and how they'll get through the obstacles that they'll face later on.

Rules:

1. All DC rules apply.

2. Romance is to be PG-13.

3. This rp is only between me and Aroara.

4. Have fun! biggrin.gif

Form -

Name:

Appearance (picture, description, or both):

History (optional):

Other:

Characters:

Name: Gwen

Appearance (picture, description, or both): Gwen

History (optional): mother and father both died when she was young and she has now worked in the castle since she's been 14 so she knows all the secret passageways that it has and can get anywhere in less than a minute because of that.

Other: will love Prince Theo Magnus McMillian III later. also knows how to use a sword and hand-to-hand combat.

Name: Prince Xavier

Appearance (picture, description, or both): Xavier

History (optional): nothing much to tell except his mom died when he was younger and his father now is very protective of him and very stubborn of things that he won't budge on such as him loving someone who is not a noble or a princess.

Other: will love Juniper later. is very kind but is sometimes very stubborn and thick-headed.

Name: juniper (June but is called other names by the head cook.)

Appearance: Juniper has light grey-green eyes that seem to switch between the two colors depending on the light. She is petite, being barely 5'4" and thin from lack of food. She is very fair skinned and her hair is a platinum blonde.

History (optional): June was a noble before... She lost her mother when she was seven. On her tenth birthday, her father lost their fortune on a bad business and they lost everything including their title. Later, when she turned sixteen, her little house caught fire killing her dad and destroying everything she had. She started working at the castle kitchen for food and board, scrubbing pots and pans and cleaning the fireplaces.

Other: She only has her father's ring with his crest on it. She keeps it on a leather strap around her neck. It's the only thing of value she has.

Name:Prince Theo Magnus McMillan III (Theo...or cat...the king calls him that.))

Appearance (picture, description, or both): here has two colored eyes, one light green (like picture) the other a dark blue.

History (optional): will develop

Other: playful and more adventurous then most of the nobles and knights.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Name: juniper (June but is called other names but the head cook.)

Appearance: Juniper has light grey-green eyes that seem to switch between the two colors depending on the light. She is petite, being barely 5'4" and thin from lack of food. She is very fair skinned and her hair is a platinum blonde.

History (optional): June was a noble before... She lost her mother when she was seven. On her tenth birthday, her father lost their fortune on a bad business and they lost everything including their title. Later, when she turned sixteen, her little house caught fire killing her dad and destroying everything she had. She started working at the castle kitchen for food and board, scrubbing pots and pans and cleaning the fireplaces.

Other: She only has her father's ring with his crest on it. She keeps it on a leather strap around her neck. It's the only thing of value she has.

Name:Prince Theo Magnus McMillan III (Theo...or cat...the king calls him that.))

Appearance (picture, description, or both): here has two colored eyes, one light green (like picture) the other a dark blue.

History (optional): will develop

Other: playful and more adventurous then most of the nobles and knights.

((I'll start it off after I eat dinner))

((back))

Gwen was currently walking in the city with Morgan, gathering more clothes for the former as well as other supplies that she might need. Her mistress was complaining about the king as usual and more specifically his stubborness and she silently agreed with her on that. She kept quiet about it, though since she didn't want to get in trouble in case someone else from the castle was outside as well and heard their conversation. She figured that she wouldn't get in trouble for agreeing with her maid and friend but she didn't know that for sure.

Xavier was in the usual meeting with his father and other officials of the court and talking about his future as well as battle with an enemy kingdom and rogue warriors. The talk about his future was about him possibly marrying a princess in a nearby kingdom but he was ignoring that talk as usual.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo was harsh on his knights. He was out practicing his sword skills, knocking every knight on his rump. "Oh come on! That's the best you can do? Are you afraid to scratch me? Just because I'm a Prince doesn't mean I won't ever fight! Man up! If I had a sister, she'd fight better then you!" He waved his sword as once again, his best knight landed hard on his back. He had some irritation to work out, and it wasn't helping that his knights are treating him like glass. His father has arranged him to wed a woman he never even seen or herd of before for 'political reasons' ergo, 'we are at a brink of war with these people, quick throw a woman at the available Prince and hope it works!' From what he herd about the girl, she was three years younger then him and a spoiled little brat. He won't ever have a bit of fun with her as a wife!

June sighed as she set aside the last spoon she polished to a mirror shine. Done for today, finally. She set down her rag and started to get up when a bucket and a brush was thrown at her. "You! Ungrateful whelp! Start scrubbing the big pot! The king wants soup for dinner! Make it spotless!" She nodded, not saying a word, she hasn't said a word for a year. Talking wasn't allowed with cleaning maids, according to the head cook, they're hired to clean dishes, not to use words. Checking her short braid, making sure it was tight, she walked out to the pump and brought the bucket of water in to start cleaning the large black pan that lay on it's side.

Gwen and Morgan walked by the training yard just as Prince Theo yelled what he did. She shot a questionable look over to Morgan who just shrugged.

"There was a meeting this morning and there was talk about his dad arranging a marriage for him to the princess of the enemy kingdom in hopes of ending the war with them," she explained softly so as not to alert Theo to the conversation or else it would make him even more irritated than he already was.

"Oh," Gwen said simply with a small crestfallen look. She had a small crush on the prince but never told anyone about it, not even Morgan since she knew that it was forbidden for a maid like herself to love a prince.

Xavier walked out of the meeting, ignoring his father's attempts at trying to talk to him. To say that he was mad was an understatement. He was to fight in a jousting tournament next week in order to try to impress the princess of the kingdom which was an ally of theirs.

"Get me something to eat and drink but I don't care what they are," he said as he walked by the kitchen but after a few minutes or so he added as he paused in his mad walk, "Please." He then went back to walking but much slowly this time than earlier and went to his room. He needed to change his clothes since it had been pretty warm in that meeting room and he had gotten a bit sweaty.

Some of the servants in the kitchen quickly walked around the room, trying to put together something for the prince to eat as well as a drink to go with it in order to make him happy again like how he usually was. They knew that he was kind and that his father brought out a bad side to him at times and they worked hard to make him happy during those times.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo swings his blade wildly with a growl. "I respect my father's wishes but this is asking too much! Dreadful little... brat is all I can call her! The most recent indecent that out of the reports the ambassadors are sending, was that she starved herself for four days, because she didn't like seeing my knights practice and I quote "in a vulgar, horrid disgusting ritual such as sword play and wrestling in my presents."

The last time, she refused to eat at the ambassadors home because they had hunted and killed a bore for the table and she doesn't eat meat. Who doesn't. Eat. Meat!? Then she asked for humming bird tongue..... what is that?! And who would take such beautiful little birds and roast up their tongue? Oh! Even better... she's allergic to horse hair. It gives her a rash. Why on earth would I marry a woman like that?!"

He stopped and his shoulders sagged like the world pushed down on him. "Only because it's best for my people.... and my father's ailing mind can rest easy knowing I'm doing what he wished and his kingdom is safe.... I'll..... be in the stables... I need someone time with Brago." He dropped his blade,leaving it there and headed to his horse, a beautiful painted stallion he found as a foal, tamed and trained on his own.

The cook scrambled to get something. Cold ale, bread, cheese, fresh grapes strawberries. She then realized the elderly woman who normally took the food to the Prince was not there, and the only hand she had to spare was...... "You there!" She yanked on the girl's braid and dragged her to the tray. "Bring this to the Prince... " She told her how to get to the room and would've shoved her out the door if she didn't have the Prince's food and drink with her.

June headed to the room and knocked on the door. She still hasn't said a word, nor even cried out when the woman grabbed her, getting used to it in the past year.

((would it be okay if Gwen and Theo already know each other or would this be their first meeting if she was to go to the stables as well and strike up a conversation with him?))

Gwen watched as Theo walked off towards the stables and heard everything else that he said before that and said as she looked back over at Morgan, "If you don't need me to do anything else right now I think I'm going to head to the stables and brush down our horses for our ride later." When she saw Morgan's nod she took that as a go ahead so she did so. When she arrived there, she went to her horse Arwyn which was a beautiful silver dapple horse and brushed her before doing the same for Morgan's horse a beautiful white mare by the name of Athena before giving them both some hay to eat as well as oats and water to drink.

Xavier heard the knock on the door after having gotten dressed into something else that was a lot more comfortable than what he had worn earlier and said, "Come in." He figured that it was the food and drink that he had requested from the kitchen and he did feel a little bit better than when he requested what he did and would feel even better after he ate and drank what had just arrived.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((I already thought they would know each other))

"Afternoon miss. Gwen. I would say 'good' but it's anything of the sort for me. How are you and lady Morgan? Going for a ride later?" Theo asked as he scratched his horses nose of Brego, the large horse had its eyes almost closed as Theo hit the soft spot on his muzzle.

June opened the door, head down. There wasn't any comments like the other women normally did, no 'afternoon majesty'. She walked in and carefully set the tray on the table standing back and waited for dismissal, as the cook told her to do. Her eyes on her feet, silently pleading that he doesn't ask her anything. She wasn't sure she had a voice at all. When they lost their home, her father and her hardly spoke, to busy working and putting bread on the table.

((oh well then never mind))

"Afternoon Theo and we're doing okay and yes we're going on a ride later," Gwen said in reply to Theo's questions before adding a few minutes later, "Would you like to join us? It might do you some good to get some fresh air while spending more time with Brago and he'd enjoy it, too." After she had asked what she did as well as said what she did, she went over to where they were and started to pet Brago a bit. She had known the prince for a few years now so that's why she could be informal with him when not around other members of the court but always be formal with him when around officials of the court especially for coronations and balls. "You can also just call me 'Gwen' without the Ms. title in front of my name. I think I told you that after we first met."

Xavier watched as the girl set the food tray on the table without a word before she stepped back and wondered why she was so quiet. "Thank you and may I ask your name so that I can thank you properly?" he said and asked with a small smile. He had seen her in the kitchen cleaning dishes and whatnot as well as saw how the other cooks treated her so he thought he'd try to show some kindness towards her since he thought she could use that.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo thought for a moment. "I would like a good ride..... " he looked around his horses neck at her. "Sorry, my mother insisted I called every lady as such.... it is a habit." He smiled a little, his two tone eyes making him seem childish and mischievous. Most of the time he was. "Say, have you seen a green garden snake around the castle? I let one lose in the dungeon last month to get rid of the rats... but I'm afraid I lost track of it..."

June flushed and opened and closed her mouth several times before saying in a voice barely above a whisper. "M-my name is... juniper..... your m-majesty...." she did a small curtsy and swallowed hard waiting no wishing to be dismissed swiftly.

"Your mom sounds like a nice lady," Gwen said in reply with a smile as she looked back over at Theo before hearing his question and had to think about that for a bit. "Hm I don't think so but the next time I'm just walking around the castle in between errands for Morgan and free time I'll keep an eye out for it," she said after thinking up a reply.

"Okay and thank you Juniper for the food and drink and you may be dismissed now but make sure you don't work too hard that you'll be exhausted later," Xavier said in reply and still with a smile on his face before sitting down and starting to eat the food that was delivered to him.

"She was.... now she mostly sleeps. Father took that hard, when she got ill.. neither of them are young anymore and both have failing health.... I should take you to see her sometime if you'd like, she likes meeting new people, and she'll find you interesting." He brushed down the horse. "Good, I would like to put it back in the forest. I wouldn't want the maidens running around in fright because of it." He chuckled.

June nodded. "Yes your majesty..." bowed and nearly ran into the door trying to rush out. She went to the kitchen and straight back to her work. After the pot, she had to clean up the ash in the hearth and after that, polish the silver and gold chalices the nobles and royalty uses. She even did the queens, but to a higher shine then the Prince and kings. She respected the late queen, her own mother being close friends and a lady in waiting to the queen. By the time dinner rolled around, and after the dishes she washed, she was dead on her feet as she went to the palace garden and sat with the juniper tree, a small marble stone marked in memory of her mother by the queen, before she too passed.

The girl cleaned the stone with care, and set wild lilac and violets beside it, before leaning against the tree in silence, eyes closed and listening to nature around her.

((If that bit is ok with you...... it gives her somewhere to go))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"I'd like to meet her and I'm sorry to hear that both of your parents have failing health. Darn I'd like to hear the maidens that stay here at times that are really mean to me to scream in fright of a small innocent garden snake," Gwen said in reply to everything that Theo said with a small smile before giving Brago one last pat on his flank. "I should get back to Morgan and see if she needs any assistance with anything before we go on our ride. If you'll be coming with us meet us at the castle gate at the front," she said before heading out of the stable and going back to the castle and to Morgan's chamber.

Xavier watched Juniper leave his room before having his attention go back to his plate. "Hm she's really quiet but nice and I should tell the people in the kitchen to treat her better," he said to himself in between bites of his food and the wine that he was given by Juniper and the cooks in the kitchen.

((of course that's okay with me happy.gif))

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo watched her go. "Might have to do something about those ladies then.. " He muttered as he got all three horses ready then collected his sword and waited out of sight muttering to his horse.

Juniper fell asleep against the tree, to tired to even move inside to her bed. She fell on her side, still asleep when the cook came and practically dragged her back making her scrub the floors after everyone else had left for the night. She fought to stay awake as she scrubbed the floor spotless..... in a small area of the kitchen. Her ring slipped out and flashed in the few candles they left. Silent tears slipped down. She was tired and hungry, the woman having worked her through the servants dinner. This is what she had fallen too, even her father when he was alive but poor made sure she had something to eat even if it's from his own meal. She hung her head, Juniper missed her father greatly.

(Sorry did a little time skip. xd.png ))

((it's fine happy.gif))

Gwen had arrived to Morgan's chamber awhile after having left the stables, helping the former get ready for their ride. They both knew that the other could dress herself but sometimes riding clothes were complicated to put on as well as the boots. Once they were both ready, they headed out of the castle and towards the gates where they saw Theo waiting out of sight with all of their horses.

"Eager to get going I see," Morgan said to him with a smie while Gwen just nodded and bowed her head slightly in order to show her respect for him.

After Xavier had finished his meal and drink, he returned both the tray and the wine glass to the kitchen but didn't see Juniper there. Must be outside or somewhere else and taking a break, he thought to himself with a shrug before heading outside for a little bit in order to train with some of his knights. He was purposefully avoiding his father because of the meeting earlier that morning and he knew that if he was to face him now that there would be an argument between them that the whole castle would here so he needed to cool off some before he would go to bed later.

"Yes, I would like a nice long run, and brago would like it as well." He grinned and handed them their horses, helping both ladies up, knowing they can get on themselves, but it was gentlemanly to help a lady on or off a horse. He got up and edged brago to a walk. "Lovely day out... I do apologize for the dreadful storm clouds around my head.... I don't like it when father says his..... thing, and it makes me feel guilty and upset...." He sighed, shoulders slumped and head low, his odd gold dipped tips hung in his face.

Juniper stopped when she moved to another small spot and held her stomach. The cook counts the food, she couldn't take anything without her getting angry. She wished the elderly woman, Beth, who usually served the Prince and king wasn't sick. The woman always made sure she ate, and sometimes would stay late to help clean, it seemed like the cook was afraid of the old woman for the king and Prince both would listen to her wise crack comments and put up with her. Also Beth possibly knew her story although she never told anyone about it, and it seemed the old woman respected that and didn't ask or share anything no one wanted to have shared.

But she wasn't here and shehad to clean alone. She went back to her work nearly falling asleep twice and after a while she got halfway finished, before she stopped to get clean water.

"It is quite alright Theo since I know how trying he can be at times," Morgan said after he had helped bot her and Gwen up onto their horses and had given them to them before they started to walk. "I, too have been in a foul mood after talking to him when he has a stubborn streak about him."

Gwen just listened since she didn't have anything to say right then and just enjoyed both the scenery and the company.

Xavier finished training with his knights a little after sundown, dismissed them, and then headed back inside himself to get ready for bed. He knew that he could have a manservant to do all that for him but since it was his choice, he didn't need one since he could do it all himself. Once he was ready for bed, he unmade his bed, got under the covers, blew out the candle on his bedside table, and then fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

"So can I. He insists on doing things when he can barely read the fine writing of the lawmakers. I've had had them take the laws to me to accept or deny before letting the king sign them. Sometimes they can come up with odd laws that the people would never approve of, and the important ones would be dismissed by my father. He can hardly hear or see, but acts like he can do anything.... but sometimes like today, he'd say things like, "Cat, I'm getting old. This crown is getting to heavy and the people need a queen. Any day now, I'll renounce my title and hand it to you, and you'll have to marry. I never asked anything of you until now. I beg of you, for my sake and for your kingdom, marry this girl." How can I respond to that? Not once have I argued with him on anything..... I don't want to start now.." He rubbed his eyes. He loved his father, he was a very good man and a wise king, but Theo didn't want to marry for political reasons.

June finished and fell asleep, dead to the world. She woke up, sore and starving but the cook was making the royal family's breakfast.. meaning, she missed hers once again. She started to stoke up the fire when the medicine maker came in saying Beth needed another day to rest, and once again, she found herself carrying a heavy tray to the Prince.

Gwen had her attention go back to being on Theo when she heard everything that he said and felt sorry for him. She reached out her hand and gently patted him on the shoulder in order to try to comfort him. She couldn't think of anything to say that would comfort him at all and she also didn't want to suggest that he tell the old king that he doesn't want to marry the princess since that won't go over too well.

Xavier woke up somewhat early the next morning, getting up and dressed within 5 minutes and then working on some fencing moves to help him practice for when he'd train again with his knights later on. His stomach rumbled a little bit but he paid it no attention as he focused on his moves.

((Yae second page! laugh.gif ))

Theo lightly took her hand and squeezed it. "Thank you... both of you for listening to me. It helps to get some stress off my chest. "He held her hand a few seconds longer before letting go. He had seen Gwen practice her sword skills in secret, and always wanted to go down and surprise her, but he.... well he never had the courage to do so. He thought her interesting, more so than the noble woman... and she wasn't a twig.... he didn't like the twigs who where so thin he was afraid to help them off horses because they might snap in half. He pressed his horse faster lost in thought.

June tapped on the door with her foot, to sore and tired to hold the tray and knock with her hand. Her arms burned from scrubbing all day and now holding the wooden tray with oatmeal, blueberries, fresh bread, eggs and some bacon.... Her stomach grumbled and complained loudly.

((yep smile.gif))

Gwen smiled at Theo when she felt him squeeze her hand and enjoyed the feeling of him holding her hand for a few seconds longer before he dropped it and contined to ride on.

"You're welcome," both girls said at the same time before giggling a bit to themselves for having said something in unison.

Gwen then noticed that he had Brago go a bit faster and that gave her an idea. "Race you to the border," she said with a smile before having Arwyn break into a run towards the woods

"Be careful Gwen!" Morgan yelled after her with her own smile on her face as she watched her friend and maid having fun.

Xavier put down his sword when he heard the small knock on the door and went to answer it, seeing Juniper there with a big tray with some breakfast on it for him.

"Thank you Juniper and would you like to have some with me? I'm willing to share," he offered her with a kind and friendly smile on his face as he took the tray from her and brought it over to his table.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Theo didn't realize what she said until Gwen was in the trees. "What? Oh! Come on boy!" He said as Brego charged into the trees, but all he can see was her dust trail. He pushed harder and can hear her horses hooves. Harder still then he was behind her, and veered off on a deer trail passing her. "Farewell my fair lady!" He laughed as he tore off and back onto the path in front of her.

June looked at him shocked he'd offer and take the tray from her, and momentarily forgotten not to make eye contact. Her eyes were a grey color with flashes of green in the current light. Before she can say anything, her belly rumbled even louder making her fair skin pink along her cheek and across her nose. She dropped her gaze and nodded. "Please... I haven't had anything since lunch yesterday.......your majesty...." She quickly added.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Gwen laughed joyfully as she continued to ride Arwyn ahead of Theo until she heard his voice come from somewhere to her left and go passed her and that was when she noticed him on a deer trail off the path that she was on. She rode Arwyn over to another deer trail that went into his and said in reply with a smile as she passed him again, "Farewell again my fair lord."

"What? Now that's just ridiculous and I'll have to have a word with that head cook," Xavier said in reply with a shocked look on his face at hearing what Juniper said before beckoning her over to a seat that was next to him so that she could eat some of his food. He then got another utensil that he kept in a secret drawer under his place at the table and set it down in front of the spot that she would be sitting at and also moved the tray that his plate was on over a little bit so that she could have better access to it. "This plate is big enough for two people to eat off of it and not just one."

Edited by Dragonpelt