SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Theo looked surprised at what she said. "I feed the strays when I can.... Yes. I love you... I was too afraid to say it outright when you admitted you liked me.... " He pulled her up and hugged her. "I didn't want to say it like that... especially when you didn't know..., now, why don't we go down to the ballroom?"

Juniper thought about it then nodded. "Alright. Sounds like a plan. If I want anything, I have to earn it, and that's how I like to do things."

((Skip to terminate now?))

((hm? terminate? terminate what? oh you mean the plan? sorry can't really think straight right now unsure.gif. oh and I also just realized that I didn't answer your question about who should play the princess so I guess I'll answer that by saying you can if you don't mind and if you do, I can try my hand at it))

"What I meant by that is that I have a cat now. She followed me home when I was leaving the castle a couple days ago. I'm glad you feel the same way," Gwen said in reply to Theo's statements before she was pulled up and hugged and she hugged him back before just nodding in reply to his other statement as well as the question he asked.

"Why don't you lead the way and I follow a bit behind you since it would seem a bit weird for us to be walking out of here together?" she asked before pulling away a bit in order to give him space to leave.

"Alright. Now that that's settled why don't we continue to explore or is there not that much left to explore in the passageway that we're in now?" Xavier said and asked in reply to what she said before gesturing for her to lead the way since he was a gentleman and let girls and ladies go ahead of him.

((Tournament..... auto correct sorry. I don't thinking can do her well. All females turned out the extreme versions of what intend for a minor character...))

"No, I don't mind cats. You leave first, I'll follow you after ten minutes. I'll see you at the ball. " He stepped forward to kiss her check then opened his door to let her out. When she leaves e waited the amount of time he said and used it to fix his hair and rub a scented oil in it to make it glossy and smooth before straightening his stiff jacket and walked out to the ballroom.

"There's only one more door, and if this is your mother's old room, the other must be your father's. I'm sure you don't want to go in there seeing how you try to avoid the main parts of the castle and the throne room. " She replied to him and she did something odd, she bowed to the empty bed before she left as a sign of respect.

((ah okay and I hate auto correct too at times dry.gif. k I'll play the princess then; no problem happy.gif))

"That's good and okay I'll do that. Yes see you at the ball," Gwen said in reply to what Theo said before kissing him back on the cheek and before she left the room to go get Morgan. She was supposed to accompany her there as her maid/serving girl and if she didn't then, there would probably be talk about why she wasn't there and that it would also be disrespectful.

When she got to Morgan's room, she saw that the latter had put her hair up in a very pretty style that she figured all the boys that didn't have any dates that were there would probably swoon over her or maybe just two or three and not all of them. Once she was ready, they headed down to the room together and once they arrived found that the majority of everyone were already there and they were just now waiting on a few more to arrive.

Gwen looked towards the dais and her eyes narrowed a bit when she saw the princess that Theo was supposed to marry before looking away and staring at something else in the room like a wall or a pretty bouquet of flowers that was arranged for the occasion.

Princess Anastasia was on the dais next to her father and Theo's father, awaiting for her betrothed to arrive and offer to dance with her later. The ball hadn't yet started since there were a few guests that hadn't come yet that they were waiting on. When she saw him arrive, she smiled at him but then that smile turned into a frown when she noticed him limping with a cane and wondered what had happened.

Xavier nodded in reply to everything that Juniper said before following her out of the room, having noticed that she had bowed to the empty bed in order to pay her respects and he quietly admired and was thankful for that.

"Want to go back the way we came and see if there's anything more that way to explore before we leave the passageway?" he asked after he had closed the door again behind them in order to help it stay undisturbed.

((hope what I put as the princess was okay as well as the name ninja.gif))

((In the dark of the night Rasputin will find you!...nah it's fine, his foot is better.... but he's still going to walk with the cane... xd.png you read my mind. Only using colors now to help me mostly...))

"Still not better my boy?" The King asked. "No father, afraid not." He looked at the princess. I injured my ankle during dance practice. Quite sorry. We can still talk in the garden. In fact.. there's something I have to tell you. But that can wait a moment..." He nodded to her father out of respect and sat beside his dad's throne looking warn and tired, and distant. He was a excellent actor.

"Yes, I think I saw another path that lead to the dungeon.." juniper said as she backtracked down to the door they entered and went further down to a set of steps that lead down. "The first landing is the kitchens. Second is the dungeon..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((hehe happy.gif and okay. what did I read your mind on? okie dokie and I might do the same smile.gif. I'm not copying you, though since I'm going to be using colors for all three and I also thought it was a good idea to use colors. after we have Anastasia leave, I'll just go back to black for everyone so my using colors will only be temporary))

Gwen didn't really like the princess but she also didn't know her very well; she just didn't trust her around Theo. What she also didn't know about the princess was that she was also going with her father's wishes with this whole arranged marriage thing when in reality she liked her man servant much like she herself liked Theo although it was forbidden to do.

"I'm going out to the garden for a little while," she said to Morgan who just nodded as she watched a few people start dancing as the musicians appeared and started to play music. After she got the former's nod, she went outside and started to walk around among the flowers but in the furthest area away from the castle (in case you have Theo lead Anastasia around in the area that's closest to the ballroom).

"Oh I'm sorry to hear about your foot and I hope it gets better soon. I also have something to tell you but it, too can wait," Anastasia said in reply to what Theo said while also seeing a maid (Gwen) go outside and wondered who she was. "When would you like to go out to the garden?" she asked after having her attention go back to being on him.

"Alright let's go explore that way," Xavier said in reply to what Juniper said before following her down the path back towards where they came from. He then heard the rest of what she said about where the kitchens were and which way led to the dungeon. "Let's go towards the second one that goes to the dungeon."

((Him walking in with a cane although his foot is better. ))

Theo watched as everyone started dancing. "After this dance. Then we'll go out and speak to one another about this....." He waved his hand. "Proposal thing." He watched the dancers twirl in a daze, imagining he and Gwen spinning about. Before he knew it the dance was over, and with a sigh he stood and offers his arm to the princess. He then limped out the door to the garden. Once out of sight, he stopped limping and carried his cane. "I'm sorry for deceiving you, but I don't dance, and I'd rather not dance with you. You see.... my heart belongs to someone, and my father doesn't know it. She's a noble from the mountains, and I'm quite worried, she was struck ill before the ball was announced, and just recently my letters have no response. During the two days of negotiations, I'm going to sneak off and visit her. I hope you don't mind..... and understand why I can't go through with this dreadful wedding. Perhaps we can establish trade or unify our kingdoms by other means without resulting to war. I just hope both of our parents would see it in our way...."

"Right." She headed down and opened the door. The candle penetrated the gloom. It was in a cell, the door so rusty on the hinges, and warped it had to stay open, hanging off the wall, more like a drunken friend looking for support. She peered around and jumped at the grinning of the skeleton hanging on the rusted shackles on the wall. She shrieked and dropped the light dashing out of the cell into a torchlit gloomy corridor when a rat's nose poked it's head out of a empty eye socket.

((oh okay))

Gwen was squatting behind a rose hedge and smelling a few flowers in front of her when she heard what Theo said to Anastasia about deceiving her as well as the story that he told about his noble woman in the mountains that was sick.

She was still there when she heard the latter say in reply, "That is alright since I'm guessing you didn't want to dance in front of your father but we may still have to dance together if we're to keep up pretenses. About you loving someone else, I too love someone else as well and just came because my father wishes me to. Maybe the things we can trade in order to still unify our kingdoms instead of marriage can be silk, wheat, and corn."

Xavier followed Juniper to a cell in the dungeon and looked around before hearing her shriek which caused him to jump a bit since he hadn't been expecting her to do that and then watched her run into the corridor. He turned back to the skeleton that was in the cell and saw the rat nose sticking out of one of the empty eye sockets of it.

He went over to where she was after picking up the dropped candle and took her hand before saying, "Let's continue on and if you see any other rats you can just hide your head in my shoulder if you wish."

Edited by Dragonpelt

"really? Our exports are fur, steel, wool and fruits. Did you have any blueberries? They are in session and are quite delicious. It's settled then. I really did mean what I said about not dancing. I can't really... I was afraid to give my poor dance instructor sore feet I kept troding on them! Poor lass. I'm still going to see my lady in the mountains, I trust you can handle negotiations? I'll talk to my father tonight but I leave at dawn. He does listen more when a idea gets in his mind, so, I'll suggest it tonight, and let him think it over...."

June nodded and fingers her ring. "This place is quite gloomy." She said as she clutched his arm for comfort, her eyes almost white grey in her ashen face. The tunnel lead deeper down into the earth. Cells containing skeletons, or nothing at all lined the tunnel on either side. After several minutes and yards of the winding place, it stopped in a alcove, a marbled archway leading to old tombs of old kings and queens with some riches stolen or missing in dust patches where around the wide area. June was holding his arm in a death grip.

"Yes we have some blueberries and raspberries as well and that's fine; we can just continue to sit dancing out if you'd be more comfortable with that. Yes I can handle the negotiations while you're gone since I can be quite persuasive," Anastasia said in reply to everything that Theo said and asked before putting her hand into the crook of his arm again. "I think it's time we go back inside now in case our fathers come looking for us."

Gwen heard everything that was discussed and was happy to hear that they had discussed something that they decided on an alternative thing instead of marriage between them in order to unify their kingdoms. She didn't make a move to head back in yet, though since she was going to wait until they went back inside first and then follow behind them a few minutes later.

Xavier led Juniper around as they looked at everything else that was in that corridor before they reached an alcove that led to the tombs of the past queens and kings of the kingdom. He felt the tightened grip on his arm and patted her shoulder a big in comfort.

"You'll be fine since they won't hurt you unless you provoke them so let's go on ahead," he said to her and waited for her affirmative in order for him to continue on.

Theo walked inside, leaning more and more on his cane. The party was in full swing, everyone having arrived. Theo asked the princess if she would like to dance with some of his knights, it would help the time go faster as he sat out and told his father about his planed hunting trip for two days, and he'll leave in the morning.

June creeped forward, and saw a large spider crawling to a stuck mouse on top of a web covered granite coffin that had a carving of some forgotten king on it. She squeaks and pressed herself against Xavier, her face in his tunic. "I don't like it here! I really don't like it here!" Her muffled voice came from his shirt.

After Anastasia walked back into the ballroom with Theo, Gwen headed back inside as well but it was well after both the former and the latter had gone inside and Theo was sitting down and talking to his dad. She watched as the princess approached one of the prince's knights and they started to dance on the dance floor before locating Morgan. It looked like she was dancing with a handsome knight from the princess's kingdom and she smiled a bit at how happy her friend looked.

She then sighed when she was approached by the two ladies who always gave her problems and they started to tell her what to do like having her go get them drinks and not in a nice way. She glanced at Theo before going to a table with drinks on it and then grabbing two glasses and then heading back over to where they were.

"Thanks now go get us some dates to dance with," the older of the two, Tamara said to her as they both looked around and Gwen clenched her hands at her side in frustration and anger.

"No," she said and they both looked at her with anger showing on their own faces.

"What did you say?" Clara, the younger one, asked. "We told you to get us dates and we expect you to do as we say."

"Well I said no since I'm not your personal servant and you can get those yourself," she said in reply before she was pushed and shoved roughly and the latter action caused her to fall onto the floor.

((thought we needed some drama and plus this way Theo could see how those girls treat Gwen and give them a scolding))

"It's okay we can just go back to the second floor and get out of the passageway," Xavier said in reply before turning around and heading back towards where they had come.

He remembered the way and he also did this quickly since he noticed that the candle was starting to get a bit lower and dangerously so since that meant that it might go out soon.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((It's alright!))

Theo was finished speaking with his father when his eyes locked on the two women. Before he knew it, he was halfway across the floor holding the cane at his side before he struck it on the floor very much like a hammer striking a nail into a coffin. His light green eye hard as glass and clouded with anger, his dark blue one cold and fearless.

When he reached the two women, he stooped down and helped Gwen up before rounding on them in a controlled and stiff voice. "Who are you to treat her in such a way? Gwen is Lady Morgan's hand maid, not yours. My point is, you shouldn't treat her or any servant here by that matter, in such a manner. If you two continue to do so, I can have you both work for the nobles here as servants for three weeks. Keep in mind, I know everything that goes on in my castle."

They where almost to the cell they came in when the candle sputter out. Juniper grabbed his hand and arm, hugging it freezing as the darkness washed over them. She hated the dark. In her closet room, she kept the door open to let in a bit of light at night. She started hyperventilating and whimpers.

Gwen jumped a bit as did Tamara and Clara when they heard the cane hitting the castle floor very hard. Gwen smiled gratefully at Theo when he helped her up before glaring at the other two as she heard everything that the latter said to them.

"We're very sorry Your Highness it won't happen again," Tamara said as both she and Clara backed away and went elsewhere to see if they could get dancing partners.

"Thanks but now I think that I'm going to go since now my back hurts and I'm a bit tired. If you come by my house later we can get you set up to stay there and I can spend more time with you?" Gwen said and asked after they had gone and they were alone and while also she looked into his eyes.

Xavier held her close when the candle went out and then waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness a bit. He could see very well in the dark but it sometimes took a while for his eyes to get used to it before he could actually see anything.

"It's okay since I can see well in the dark and still lead us out of here," he said to her before starting to walk again out of the cell and back towards the door that they had entered the passageway with.

When he found it, he opened it, and then stepped out with her into the corridor of the second floor again.

Theo smiled softly. "I'll inform Morgan of your absence. Yes, that sounds wonderful. Take care now Gwen. And I'll snag some salmon for your cat." He murmurs as he sent her off and once more played the part of a cripple as he hobbled over to Morgan and informed her on Gwen's absence and the incident that happened.

June tripped a couple times and gripped him so tightly, her knuckles where white. When they reached the light she looked hair looked more ashen with her ghostly white face the color of porcelain. "I don't like the dark...." She whimpers, looking like she was going to collapse and cry in relief from the presence of light.

"Okay. I'm glad and I will," Gwen said in reply to Theo's first few statements before saying as she turned away from him, "See you later."

She then headed towards the door of the ballroom, walked out, and then headed towards the double doors of the castle, walked out of those, and then headed to her house. Once there, she unlocked her door with a key that she kept on her person all the time, greeted Vivian who was waiting for her and had greeted her as she came in, and then started to get the guest room ready for when Theo came by later.

Morgan heard what Theo said about Gwen and nodded, hoping that she was okay but also knowing that she was. She just worried about her sometimes. She was also done dancing for now and was just standing off to the side and close to the back of the room.

"I figured as much but it's fine," Xavier said in reply with a smile as he gently patted her on the back and shoulder in a comforting way.

"Want me to walk you back to the kitchens or would you rather do that by yourself?" he asked after a few minutes more of silence that had dropped between them.

Theo went back to his chair and watched, snoozing a little while when the ball was over he woke up and headed to his room. He was the first to leave, everyone standing around talking some more. He packed up some things before slipping off into a passage that leads directly from his room to the outside wall of the castle, and headed to Gwen's home with a cloak and a stooped back, once again pretending to be a cripple. He knocked on her door after hiding his horse with white paint and in a livery in town.

June lingered a little bit longer then she should, but she felt comfortable around him now, and protected by him. She pulled away shaking her head. "No, I don't work today, I'm not going back yet. I might go into town and see if I can't get a decent dress. We have to look nice for the tournament and I only have two dresses, both aren't in good shape.." She looks down at her faded dress that was patched and threadbare on her.

Gwen answered the door when she heard the knock upon it and saw Theo disguised as a cripple.

"Come in," she said with a smile before opening the door a little bit more so that he had enough room to come into the little house. It didn't have much room in the front but once you got to be more inside it like the foyer and the rooms beyond that, it was a bit more spacious.

Vivian soon came to see who the newcomer was and purred as she went around Theo's ankles and rubbed her tail against them.

"Oh right I forgot you didn't work today," Xavier said with a mental facepalm as he heard what Juniper said about not working before hearing the rest of what she said.

"That sounds like a good idea and oh yeah I almost forgot that the tournament is now only a few days away," he said in reply with a small sigh since he really didn't want to think about it.

Theo squeezes inside and hung his cloak on a hook with Gwen's. He scooped up the cat and imitated her purr, scratching her chin and cheeks. "Such a lovely little house. Cosy... better then the high ceilings and stoney walls of the castle." He said smiling. "And such a adorable cat, what's her name?"

"Seems like you have your head in the clouds, good thing one of us has their priorities straight...." She smiled jokingly and bowed to him. "I take my leave now your highness, I have errands to run." She left. The way she said that was like a reminder to herself. Her thoughts strayed more and more to him, and stayed on him for long periods of time. This wasn't good, this couldn't happen. Stay focused on work like she always did. No time for boys.

((hehe no time for boys xd.png))

"Thank you and I'm sorry about the height of this area not being any taller. I think there was a little bit of confusion as to what the height should be but the rest of the house has plenty of room and you'll find that the den has a really high ceiling," Gwen said in reply before hearing what he said and asked about her cat. "She is and very likable. Her name's Vivian and she must really like you or she smells the fish that you have or a combination of both."

This last few statements were said in reply to what he said about her being adorable as well as her name and she smiled even more when she heard Vivian's louder purring because of the scratching of her chin and cheeks.

"Ah yeah I guess and alright maybe I'll see you later," Xavier said in reply to everything that Juniper said before he watched her go to do what she needed to while on her day off.

Once she was out of sight, he went to his room and started to think about what he should wear to the tournament and also if he should just stop avoiding his dad now and talk to him for a little while afterward. He figured that he'd do that before he went to bed before rummaging through his closet to see what outfits he had in there and if he needed to go to the tailors to get something made that could be worn under his armor and that would also be very comfortable.

((Skip to the tournament?)))

Theo shook his head. "I meant it was fine with me. I like tight spaces, I used to hide in my wardrobe for hours on end when I was younger. Vivian is a pretty name..."He moved in further, looking around her home while giving the cat the fish he brought.

June bought her dress, it was simple enough but nice and went well with her eyes and platinum blonde hair. Hmm.. her hair.. She had to do something about that too. She fingers the ring in thought as the woman fitted her dress to her.

((sure happy.gif))

"Oh okay and thank you," Gwen said in reply to Theo's statements about him liking tight spaces as well as her cat's name being pretty before following him more into her house. "Your room's just down the hall from here and across from mine. It's the guest one that I made up for you before you arrived so that you could be comfortable."

As she said these other statements, Vivian ate the fish that was offered to her before purring again and rubbing her head against his hand. "I can show you where it is if you'd like me to," she said a few minutes later and while looking back at him.

The day of the tournament arrived and Xavier was on Loke's back in the ring where all the princes and knights that were participating in it were and waited a bit impatiently for it to start. He had the visor of his helmet up so that everyone could see his face that was closest to where he was as well as the royals that were sitting in the throne-like seats on a raised platform and all the other participants did as well. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he heard his father go on and on about how long they've been doing this tournament for and how it was a tradition before he called that it could begin. He looked at the princess and thought that she was pretty but then his gaze turned to Juniper and he thought that she was even prettier before he led Loke to the end of the rail since he was one of the ones that was to go first in order to get it started. Once the flag was raised and then put down again which was the signal for them to start running, he made Loke run towards his opponent, put the lance in position, and then hit the other knight square in the center of the breast plate where he fell off.

Edited by Dragonpelt

"No, no..." He said as he put the cat down and pulled her to him. "You relax and tell me what you want or need, it is your home... and I told you I'd treat you I'd treat you like a princess...and I always keep my word." He smiled and kissed her nose, heading back to his room and set his bag of things on the floor.

((Aannnd Theo is starting to sound like Tamaki....))

(( June's dress is the third one on the top))

June was hiding her face in her hands peeking through her fingers. He did look rather dashing in armor, but she was worried about his injury getting worse. She hadn't asked him about it, and maybe he'd forgot about it. She hoped loke had sure footing like Nightshade did... every clash of wood on metal made her flinch.

Gwen wrapped her arms around Theo's neck when he pulled her close to him before hearing what he said and just nodded before he went to the guest room that she told him about to put his stuff down in. As he did that, she tried to think of what else needed to be done and the only things that she could think of was dinner and something she needed was possibly water to drink but those were it and she'd tell him when he came back.

Xavier had gone two more rounds with his opponent, everyone usually got three passes before it was someone else's turn, and was now going over to a tent that was set up for him in order for him to rest and hydrate before his next turn. When he got over to it, he tied Loke's reins to a post nearby, fed him an apple, brushed him, and then went into the tent to drink some water.

Theo came back out with a long wrapped up loaf of bread and had her sit down. "Alright. You didn't eat at the ball, so you must be hungry. I snagged this bread from the kitchen as a thank you for letting me stay, but you need something more substantial than that.... if you point me to the kitchen, I'll do my work my lady. " He grinned and bowed low to her. "And is there anything else I can get for you other then dinner?"

((Do you want me to play this princess? I'm thinking flirty flighty thing, making things interesting...))

June snuck away from a knight trying to flirt with her and slipped over to loke, pretending to pet him, checking his hooves and joints to make sure he wouldn't collapse, before giving him a bit of a carrot.