SkySong278

Forbidden Love *please close*

Gwen stood a bit behind Morgan's chair as she ate breakfast and then finished at the same time as Theo and the king.

Gwen was just as surprised as the servant that wanted to take Theo's plate when he ended up taking it to the kitchen himself. She wondered what that was about but didn't have time to think about it much when Morgan took her to the stables so that they could go riding for a little bit in the woods. When they got to the stables, they went to their horses, got them saddled, and then led them out before getting on their backs and having them go towards the woods.

Xavier thanked Beth for the breakfast before starting to eat and then when he went to drink the punch that was in the glass, he saw the note that was underneath it and read it. He nodded and then went back to eating his breakfast before he was finished with it and then went to stand outside his bedroom door. He then looked over at the dragon tapestry and continued to watch it for any movement that might happen like the note told him to do.

Theo was in the kitchen for a while. Just before lunchtime, he made it up to the tower. He cleaned there and set up everything, getting ready for Gwen to come up.

To the right of the tapestry, a door opened and juniper was there, her hair tied in a bun, a candle in her hand. She grinned and waved him in. "Come on! " She giggled and stepped back to let him in the small space. "Ready to explore your majesty?"

When Morgan and Gwen got back to the castle, they put Athena and Arwyn back into their stables, fed them and brushed them down before the former went back into the castle to go back to her room and the latter headed to the tower.

When Gwen got there, she saw that Theo had stuff set up for lunch and that made her smile a little. "Hey Cat. What's this all about?" she said and asked in greeting. She also hadn't wanted to make him jump with him not knowing that she was there so that's why she said something to announce her presence to him.

Xavier watched as Juniper came of the door beside the tapestry and then nodded when told to join her there.

"Of course. I'm interested to see where these go," he said in reply with a smile before gesturing for her to go on ahead so that he could follow.

Theo had made a picnic. A blanket was on the stone floor that was swept up and spotless. The tower was small, but enough room for a writing desk, two chairs, a small chalk board with ghost smudges of passed problems and a little day bed that had pillows on it, but they now where on the blanket for seats. Lunch consisted of: a dozen rolls and a bit of blueberry jam, a bit of smoked ham and salmon, and a blueberry pie. "Hello! Come in! I thought we'd have lunch together.. I tried my hand at making these things.. I just hope they taste fine. It took my five times to make the crust on the pie! " He grinned at her use of his nickname. A couple windows were open so the light breeze can come through bringing fresh air to the stuffy place.

Juniper lifted the candle after she closed the door and walked along whispering. "I explored some passages, I found one that lead into the dungeon. I think these were old servant's ways.... my old house had them leading to the kitchen. It helps the servants travel quickly through the place and be faster at delivery... seems like no one comes through here anymore with the cobwebs and dust. Must have been forgotten...."

"It's lovely and it all looks very delicious," Gwen said in reply with a smile before sitting down on one of the pillows that were on the blanket that was spread out for a picnic-like setting.

She took one of the plates and then started to put some of the food that was spread out on the blanket on it like a roll, a piece of smoked ham, salmon, and a piece of blueberry pie.

"Wow," Xavier said after listening to everything that Juniper said about these passages. "I would have liked to been able to use these back then. I can still use them, I guess, to help avoid my dad after really tough arguments."

He hadn't had very tough arguments yet with his dad but in case he did, these would be good to use for that purpose.

Theo was just managing to sit down. "Drat! I wanted to dish out for you M'lady." He grinned and dished out his meal. He only took a bite of each to taste test it. "I know how to cook meat for sure, but the bread is doughy... my bad... I thought you would like to have a quiet lunch..."

"Could be... and it will be good to deliver food easier so I can spend more time in the garden and stables." She reached a intersection, one with stairs leading up, one going straight. "What way Prince? When we get to a door we should look through it to see where we are."

((crazy busy day at work and the wifi kept going out again))

"Oh I'm sorry but I'm really hungry and since it all looks really good I couldn't wait to try it," Gwen said in reply to Theo's statement before hearing the rest of what he said. "I'm sure it will taste okay and yes I would thank you. It's also nice to be spending it with you."

After she said these last statements, she started to eat her food that he had made and had a content look on her face as she swallowed the first bite.

"Mm this is really good," she said before continuing to eat some more.

Xavier nodded in reply to what Juniper said first before hearing her question and suggestion afterward.

"Hm let's go up the stairs and see where that leads us," he said in reply before waiting for her to lead the way since she had the light. He could've gone first but he probably would've tripped since he wouldn't've been able to see at all.

Theo grinned from ear to ear, eyes crinkling at the corners. "Glad you like it! I enjoy a little time with you too." He fell in a comfortable silence eating his meal. When everything was finished, he cleans up and wouldn't allow her to help of she tried to. "Oh no, no, no! I won't allow this! When it's just you and me, we are equal. Actually.... I'd more then likely going to be treating you like a princess.." He winked his blue eye at her.

She went up and stopped at a door on the landing. "You know more about the castle then I do. You look through and see where we are" she stepped aside so he can open the door.

"I'm glad," Gwen said in reply to his second statement that he said about enjoying time with her as well before she finished eating and then tried to help him pick up the rest of the dishes.

When told that he wouldn't allow it, she just nodded and then blushed a bit when she heard his last sentence and saw the wink that he gave her. She sat back down and waited for what they might do next but couldn't think of anything to say to what he had said last.

Xavier followed Juniper up the stairs until she stopped at the top and the landing. He stopped too and then listened to what he said about him looking through the door in order to know exactly where they were. He nodded before opening the door and after she stepped back in order for him to do so and then then looked around.

"It looks like we're on the third floor," he said after studying the area that they were now at for a few more minutes or so.

Theo set everything in the basket he brought it all up in, then lay down. He now used his seat as a head rest. "Stairs... such a pain to get up with this.." He took his knarled walking cane and tapped his hurt foot. "Few more days until the ball.. and she arrives in three days time. " He sighs through his nose. "I don't believe I am mentally prepared for that......." his eyes looked around in thought. "Then again, I am never mentally prepared for anything..."

"Where at in the third floor? In the corridor?" She asked in a whisper and peeked around the stone painted wooden door to look at the area they were at. The doors occurred irregularly. Some had multiple, for guest rooms, others more spaced out as they got closer to utility rooms, such as the ball room, library and lounge.

"I bet but it'll be healed before you know it and then you won't have to worry about hurting it even more," Gwen said in reply to Theo's first statement before hearing everything else that he said. She looked a bit sad when he mentioned the princess that he was supposed to marry according to his dad and still didn't like the thought of him doing that.

"I'll probably be in charge of taking care of her like all the other guests that come and go from here and I probably wouldn't like it one bit," she said as she looked down at the floor and didn't make eye contact with him.

"It looks like the corridor of the third floor," Xavier said in reply to Juniper's questions while looking around even more from where they were. "The coast is clear if we want to walk around up here for a little bit before exploring the other way that was next to the stairs in the passageway."

He said this last statement before walking out of the doorway and more into the corridor.

"Oh I'm sure she'll bring a entourage of people, mostly hand servants to help her with her things. You'll just help with the other ladies. I'll make sure they aren't too hard on you. Cheer up dear Gwen! I have a plan! I just need to be my self and some peacock feathers, a drum and a trumpet player. It is fool proof! No... erm... could you be so kind and help me up? " He said as he attempted to get up.. and failed, falling back on his bum.

Juniper followed him out and looked around the third floor at the decorations and the windows so she wouldn't get lost if she came up this way. "This place is huge.. I might get lost in here one of these days..."

((Did Danni figure out he was blind, because fai never told anyone about it))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((yes she did))

"And if that doesn't work and she actually falls for you because of that what then?" Gwen asked still a bit bitter but she felt somewhat better. She got up at the same time that Theo did and then heard what he said before he fell back down.

She reached a hand out towards him in order to help him up and then wondered what they were going to do next after they were done here.

"I've been here before so if you ever want to come up here and explore, get me first and I'll show you around," Xavier said in reply with a smile before walking around a bit in the corrdor a bit more.

Theo opened his mouth to respond.... then closed it. He obviously didn't think that far. "Hmmm... I guess I need to plan more. Lunch time is about over. I do hate parting with each other. If Morgan wishes to ride, could you please give Brago a sugar lump and my apologies? The physician said I should stay inside on even ground until my ankle swelling goes down."

June was looking at a vase, empty of flowers. She nodded. "I would like that. Get to know more about the place I've been working in the last.. two years on today..... shall we return to the second floor to see that other passage?" She asked as she relit her candle from the torch on the wall.

"I'm sure you'll think of something else but you can always try the idea and see if it deters her at all and if not then that'll just make you think of something else," Gwen said in reply with a small shrug before hearing the rest of what Theo said and asked her to do.

"We already went for a ride before I came here to have lunch with you but before I go back to attend to Morgan, I'll make sure to visit Brago for you."

"I'm glad that you'd like to go and sure. Can't wait to explore some more," Xavier said in reply with a smile and a nod before starting to head back towards the door that they had come out of in order to explore a bit more of the passage.

Once he got to the door, he opened it, and kept it held open for Juniper for when she caught up to him and he'd let her go first.

"Oh.. yes.. quite right.." He responded to her first statement. "And thank you, he needs some attention. He is my only horse. Well dear Gwen, it is time I say until next time we meet..." He said once they were in the passage way again. He kissed her cheek tenderly and limped off. "See you at dinner." He called.

June thanked him and backtracked down to the lower level taking another path. This had several doors in, most she opened to show him, telling him whose room it was outside of before continuing on. There was another branch, and one side had more cobwebs and dust then the other, although both were short and ended quickly. The one with the most cobwebs interested her and she brushed her way to the door. "What can be behind here?" She asked.... then opened it into a room.

It was lavishly decorated and furnished, but dusty. It looked like a old royal's room.

"You're welcome and I need to feed Arwyn anyway so I'll keep him a little bit of company too while I'm at it," Gwen said in reply to Theo's statement as they walked down the stairs to the tower and then out of the passage that led to it before being back in the second floor corridor. She looked a bit sad as she heard what he said before he kissed her on the cheek and then walked off while calling to her about seeing her at dinner. She just nodded and put her hand up to where he had kissed her cheek since it tingled a little and then went off to the stables to visit with the horses for a little bit before she had to go back to Morgan.

"You're welcome," Xavier said before following Juniper back down the stairs and then listened to everything that she said regarding which room was what and who it belonged to.

He then continued to follow her afterward, looking into the room that she found that had a lot more cobwebs than the others shortly afterward. "Ah this room used to be my great grandpa's room when he was younger," he said after looking around it for a bit longer. His father had told him that his father's father used to explore the secret passages of the castle and even had a room there but he didn't think he had been telling the truth until now.

((My brain is on strike.... I'm forcing it so this might be short and very bad))

Theo hobbled off to the kitchen to drop off the dishes before heading to the library for a plan. If this woman likes him anyway by him acting like a total jerk.... what else could he do?

"Its a lovely little room... that's the only door I see though. Let's try the other one." She went back and pulled open the other door. A few more doors down a switch back hallway was in them. A faint painting in gold leaf was on the current door she just opened. "I think these all head to royal rooms.. secret passages to help the family get out and hide is a war by chance? I've read about those...."

((hm should we ts to the ball then so that there's something to do with them while we still have Juniper and Xavier explore the passageways in their castle?))

Gwen was now in the stables, attending to all three horses and keeping them company for a little bit so that they wouldn't get anxious. After feeding all three of them sugar cubes and apples, she left them to go back to Morgan's chambers.

"I'm sorry that I'm a bit late after lunch milady Morgan but I thought that I'd keep the horses company for a little bit and feed them," she said with a small curtsy towards her friend once she was back in the room.

"Oh it's fine Gwen I've just been reading a bit to pass the time and trying to think of something else that Theo could do in case him getting that foot injury won't help him out at the ball," Morgan said in reply from atop her bed but stayed there so Gwen would have to go over there and see what she was talking about and she did.

Xavier nodded and then followed Juniper down the rest of the hallway to the other rooms that were there and then heard the rest of what the former said as well as asked.

"Yes that's right and I've only heard stories about my ancestors doing that from my mom and dad since I hadn't even been born yet back then," he said in reply with another nod.

((Yes I think so))

Juniper opened each door. She came too and looked around inside. Some had old moth eaten clothes inside. Many dresses and tunics out of style. She seemed to be enjoying herself though, and stuck a odd purple feathered cap on the prince's head once. It wasn't until she entered the late queens bed chambers did she become somber. She walked in and looked at one of two paintings.

One was of the king and her, her belly swollen with unborn Xavier. The other was after the birth. Two women in the picture, one sitting was the queen holding like Xavier on her lap, the other standing holding a girl on her hip in a green dress, clashing with her yellow one. The woman had platinum blonde hair and blue eyes so light they looked almost silver. She smiled a little, tears in her eyes.

The ball was here.............. and Theo can walk properly now. So far, in the last few days, the princess had arrived in two elegant carriages pulled by white horses, followed by fifteen servants including a cook. Theo had realised the rumors weren't entirety true, she was a vegetarian and was allergic to cats. She wasn't as stuck up and snooty as was said in rumors, and was a pacifist, refusing to think of fighting as a sport.

Also, so far, all his plans where dwindling as each thing he did she considers "manly, even more manly, and absolutely romantic" and was frantic now his fail safe wasn't working out for him and he just made himself even more in a pickle. He paced his room in a panic, the plush rug had a trumped down rut forming each mess up he did. He was hyperventilating, why was he hyperventilating! He's doomed.

((okay happy.gif))

The day of the ball arrived and she knew that she had to attend as a serving girl to Morgan but even if she was a serving girl, that didn't mean that she couldn't dress nicely. Morgan gave her a dress that she hadn't worn in awhile but would look nice on her to wear and when Gwen tried to give it back, the former incessantly insisted that she wear it so she gave up and nodded before putting it on.

"Oh Gwen you look very beautiful in that dress. Wait until Theo sees you in it," Morgan said after studying her and then giving her a wink afterward which made the girl blush a bit.

"You really think he'll like this dress?" Gwen asked a bit shyly while Morgan nodded. By now her friend and mistress knew about her and Theo but hadn't told anyone else that she knew; not even Theo so it was just their little secret.

Gwen nodded before heading to Theo's room to see him a bit before the ball even though she probably wasn't supposed to but she did it anyway. When she got to his room, she knocked, and then waited for him to answer it.

Xavier followed Juniper into the next room that they came across and he recognized it as his mother's by the picture hanging on the wall from when he was a baby and sitting in her lap. He let Juniper put a feathered hat on his head while letting out a small laugh before going over to the paintings as well to get a closer look.

"Is that baby girl you?" he asked as he studied the picture. "I didn't know that we might've known each other even back then but honestly and regrettably I don't remember much when I was young."

((hm an idea just popped into my head but I don't know if you can use it with Theo's problem. what if he passes her off as a noble that he's secretly wooing or whatever in order for the princess not to like him? would that work?))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((That was kinda my plan but he'd tell her it. Do you want to play the princess or should I? smile.gif ))

Theo opened his door running his fingers through his hair looking down. He had showed her a way of knocking so he knew it was her. "Gwen dear we-......" He looked up at that moment and froze. Morgan knew that color green was his favorite color. Yet another problem came up. Theo had lost his articulate abilities. His mouth moved and he waved dumbly (means silent) at her. "You....... um.... " He managed to look away from her and resumed his pacing with a cough. "You look wonderful. Now, I have a problem and I don't know how to fix it.... ah! I guess I did know it just took me a while to get it, come in. Come in."

"Yes." She pulled out the ring. "My father was a wealthy noble. My mom a lady in waiting to your mother and her closest friend. On my tenth birthday, we lost everything, including our status. I remember a little. Not much though."

((oh okay and glad that we basically had the same thought happy.gif))

Gwen blushed a bit when she heard Theo call her "dear" as well as what he said about her looking wonderful before being told to come in as well as him having a plan.

"What's the plan that you thought of?" she asked as she stepped inside his room and then closed the door again behind her so that someone passing by wouldn't see them together or see what was in the room.

"Why did you lose your status?" Xavier asked after examining the ring that she gave to him to do just that and after he heard everything else that she said. "If I'd've known that, I would've told my dad and he probably would've restored it. He probably still can if you'd allow me to talk to him about doing that."

"I'll tell her a story about a noble woman who is in the mountains, and is currently sick. I'd tell her I can't marry her because I love this noble woman so I can't marry her for my Hart is with another, and I'm worried about her health so I planned to take the last two days of her being here, to go check on her because her letters to me have stopped, and she wouldn't answer mine.

These two days, our father's will talk about the dowry and such and she if she wants to follow through. Father would think I'm going hunting. In actually.. I hate to invite myself over,but may I say at your place for two days? I can hide as a commoner, but I will be hunting rabbit so I'm not lying to father, and I'll come back after the two days with fur.

Now I promise I'll be a good house guest, father moved your dinner times so you eat later, so I'll have dinner ready when you get home..." He said his whole plan out for her. "You see, she said to me she wants a faithful man and dictated to me about that. If I said I can't be faithful to her, she wouldn't want to marry me! And... I don't have to lie... well.. flat out.. I um.. you know I do love you Gwen..." He blushed.

"We lost our wealth. A bad business deal drained us of everything and stripped of our title. Please don't tell.... it's embarrassing for me, and I wouldn't know how to act like a lady again.... I've been like this for so long..."

Gwen listened to everything that Theo said about what his plan was and nodded when she heard the part about him staying at her place as a "yes it's okay" response to the question before blushing even more when she heard him say that he loved her.

"You...love me?" she asked a bit shyly. "No I didn't know that you loved me since you hadn't told me and just said that you liked me which is different from love." She then looked down at the floor for a few minutes before saying, "I love you too. I also hope that you don't mind cats."

The statement that she said after her own confession was in reference to him staying at her house since she now owned a cat.

"Hm in that case I won't tell him all that but maybe persuade him to increase your salary a bit so that you can hopefully get enough back to have your status again and you can just pretend that you're poor while at work so that no one knows about what you really are," Xavier said in reply to what Juniper said and also just as a suggestion.

Edited by Dragonpelt